Craftybase Logo

Craftybase

Inventory and manufacturing software for small businesses

Craftybase Reviews - Page 5

OO

Ola O.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

GAME CHANGER!!!

Love it! Recommended to friends and family ALL the time

Pros

I love that this puts all my numbers right in front of me. I can track manufactures, inventory, and year end reports!

Cons

The only thing I wish was different was that it wasn’t subscription based.

SC

Shannon C.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Could not imagine my business without Craftybase

Pros

I love the functionality of this product. I make candles and cosmetic products and the recipies, manufactures, expense tracking and order tracking is awesome. Much better than my previous overly complicated excel spreadsheet.

Cons

I wish there was an app for imputting expenses on the go or pulling recipies. My office is not near my manufacturing area so I have to write things down before and after inputting the data.

CA

Candyce A.

Its decent

I need it. I joined and quit because I was frustrated but joined again because I need it but I am still frustrated. It is a love and hate relationship. Inventora was much easier to use but did not have the same reports offered. I feel like I need to hire someone to use run crafty base because I do not have time to manage it and make my items

Pros

I like the reports the most. it helps to to see how your product is moving

Cons

the time consuming part I need like a week to set up and just to learn everything and manage take hours of my day and I get behind because it is hard to stay on top of everything

EK

Emily K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great for small handmade business

Pros

It is super easy to set up your company and easy to use going forward. The reporting is great too.

Cons

I am unable to connect to my Big Commerce website to match detailed sales. Those must be input manually.

PC

Patrycja C.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Great software once you get the hang of it.

Pros

It’s pretty easy to set up once you play with it a little. It’s easy to navigate.

Cons

It was a little confusing at the beginning but once you get the hang of it it’s super easy and useful.

Great Potential

Pros

I think this program is right on the edge of being fantastic. It offers a wide range of choices for a small business and does a good job tracking basic inventory needs.

Cons

I wish it were more customize-able. I need to be able to reflect my branding in everything I do and there were some features I was looking for that weren't available.

RB

Rachael B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Good Product

Mostly good once we were fully integrated

Pros

Ability to do all the computer tracking

Cons

That I can’t delete obsolete line items

TF

Tasha F.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Perfect for my small jewelry business

I am able to keep track of my inventory and file my taxes with reports produced in craftybase.

Pros

It was easy to learn and begin using. Plenty of online tutorials and even weekly emails with links to articles helping with common things.

Cons

I didn't find a lot of help in the community bit that is nothing against the program itself.

AC

Amber C.

A Game-Changer for a Jewelry Brand

Overall I find Craftybase so helpful. I have a better handle on my inventory as well as accurate pricing.

Pros

Craftybase plays a vital role in my jewelry-making business. It allows me to effectively manage and track the extensive assortment of metals, components, and findings that form the foundation of a jewelry brand.

Cons

There's bit of a learning curve but the videos, and customer support, are wonderful.

AC

Amanda C.

Retail, self-employed

Great for home based businesses

Keeping an active inventory has helped me

Pros

I like that I can track inventory and see my reports at any time.

Cons

Some issues with linking Etsy shipping and sometimes it glitches on the manufacturer cost.

SD

Susan D.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Customer Service is Awesome!

I use this software to keep up with everything. I enter all my expenses, keep up with batch and lot numbers, sales, etc.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the ability to customize categories and keep up with lot numbers and batches, but my favorite thing about Craftybase is the customer service. I've had to email them a few times to help me, and without fail, they have responded promptly and effectively. When tax time came, I just printed the report and took it to my accountant...done. :-)

Cons

I wish there was a way to specify the lot numbers when I do a material adjustment.

CS

Cheri S.

Requested Craftybase Honest Review

I don’t feel I’m getting value for the money I spend on it. I feel like it’s causing more work for me

Pros

It works. It’s robust, perhaps more so than I need. I’m a Gen-Xer, so I don’t mind the old-school UI

Cons

The interface with Square Online is a nightmare. Why can’t Information flow both directions

AW

Amber W.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

This software revolutionizes product making!

I can always know what ingredients I have on hand and what needs to be ordered, which really makes things more efficient. Having my batch forms created and saved in one place is also wonderful.

Pros

The way it organizes my recipes and batches and ingredient inventory!

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to make changes to things and I have to start over on a project.

DK

Diana K.

Great but learning curve

I think the price is great, and overall I'm happy with it

Pros

I really like being able to have my inventory and costs tracked efficiently

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and I still don't really feel like I have it 100%

SW

Susan W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Ok.

It’s ok. The best out there for small business. But work so hard to get data in, would be nice to get better reporting out.

Pros

For small manufactures. The price. Pricing help

Cons

Cumbersome to use. Few reports. Not customizable reports.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

The exact tool I had been looking for

Craftybase actually allows me to do accurate accounting.

Pros

This software allows me to track not only products and materials, but also component parts.

Cons

Setting up all of my materials, then components and finally products was a little confusing.

MK

Martine K.

Saving Grace!!

I was looking for a place where I can monitor the inventory. Most important figuring out the proper retail, wholesale and consignment. Having the recipes and ideas all in one place. I also like the tips and helps. It really makes you feel like there want you to succeed.

Pros

I was able to put all my information in one place. I also like the weekly status updates. I also like how I was able to monitor all my products from all the sales channels at once.

Cons

The software is not available offline, or not available as a phone or iPad app.

KC

Karen C.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Invaluable for my small business

Pros

Allows me to track, price and log my materials, products and sales with ease in one place. Saves me time and multiple spreadsheets abs helps me keep on track of my small business

Cons

It takes a while to work out how best to use the system and it can be time consuming logging materials, products and manufactures

MD

Meghan D.

Retail, self-employed

Very helpful, saves me so much work!

Pros

The more I learn to use it and how to use it properly the more i find it saves me so much time and energy and is helping me better learn the ins and out of my shop!

Cons

This is most likely just because I dont take the time to read it but I find it has taken me a little bit to understand what some things are if I was ever really stuck though i could simply email them and I know that they would help me no issues

ES

Ellen S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Solid software for a small business

Manufactures are hard to deal with on one of a kind items. I have to approximate. I use it for tax purposes. I use it for planning.

Pros

Pretty thorough. Teaches you as you learn it.

Cons

I still have problems using some parts, but I can manage what is critical for my business.

JC

Julia C.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great value for inventory and costing

Pros

Craftybase has been a great value for a small, handmade business like mine. It's hard to keep track of our inventory, and how much each project and product uses, plus figuring out the cost of each product. Craftybase has made it easy with fairly straightforward features.

Cons

There are a few parts of the software that are just not easy to figure out. it takes a few extra hoops to assign categories to materials, and then to sort them out. Sometimes linking manufactures to orders just doesn't work the way it's supposed to. but generally, I've seen that most of the problems I've had with the software have been lessened as the developers continue to refine and improve the product.

LW

Leigh W.

Paperwork Made Easier

Pros

Prior to using Craftybase, I was struggling to keep tracking of my supplies and the cost for each one. Craftybase tracks my expenses and ongoing costs for each material as well as the products I make (Cost of Goods Sold). I am able to run a variety of reports such as Schedule C and Profit and Loss, to name a few. I think my accountant is going to be very happy next year. The software integrates with my selling platforms and help keep track of my orders.

Cons

Keyboard shortcuts would be such a timesaver.

SP

Sarah P.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Lifesaver for my growing handmade business

Overall, I’d recommend it if you have lots to keep track of with inventory and products. They have reports that make it easy to manage everything.

Pros

Wow! I am so glad I found this! It has made keeping tracking of my materials and inventory a breeze!

Cons

It can be a little clunky to set up but the customer service team is very helpful & responds quickly if needed.

CT

Carolyne T.

Craftybase Review

Craftybase makes inventory for taxes a breeze (once you get all your data in ;) and it's better to not wait until 2 weeks before April 15th to do it. LOL!

Pros

This software works for me for inventorying and tracking expenses for my small soap making company. I am a Mac user and the other software options would have required a different operating system. I like that it applies to other crafty products as well and not just soap.

Cons

I would love to see an app for phone or tablet where we could enter material purchases. I am on the run a lot with kids and elderly parents and I cannot afford a laptop. If I could enter just my material purchases on my iPhone easily, I would be able to stay on top of entries and seriously maximize my time while waiting for my Dad to finish up in a doctors appointment or while waiting in the pickup line at school.

RP

Rhonda P.

CraftyBase Review

I haven't set up recipes for all my products which will make it hard for me at the end of this year for taxes. I find it very time consuming to get it all set up.

Pros

I like that it integrates easily with Etsy and keeps track of inventory.

Cons

I find it hard to set up products. It is still confusing how you have to set up manufactures and recipes.