Craftybase Logo

Craftybase

Inventory and manufacturing software for small businesses

Craftybase Reviews - Page 6

LW

Leigh W.

Paperwork Made Easier

Pros

Prior to using Craftybase, I was struggling to keep tracking of my supplies and the cost for each one. Craftybase tracks my expenses and ongoing costs for each material as well as the products I make (Cost of Goods Sold). I am able to run a variety of reports such as Schedule C and Profit and Loss, to name a few. I think my accountant is going to be very happy next year. The software integrates with my selling platforms and help keep track of my orders.

Cons

Keyboard shortcuts would be such a timesaver.

SP

Sarah P.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Lifesaver for my growing handmade business

Overall, I’d recommend it if you have lots to keep track of with inventory and products. They have reports that make it easy to manage everything.

Pros

Wow! I am so glad I found this! It has made keeping tracking of my materials and inventory a breeze!

Cons

It can be a little clunky to set up but the customer service team is very helpful & responds quickly if needed.

CT

Carolyne T.

Craftybase Review

Craftybase makes inventory for taxes a breeze (once you get all your data in ;) and it's better to not wait until 2 weeks before April 15th to do it. LOL!

Pros

This software works for me for inventorying and tracking expenses for my small soap making company. I am a Mac user and the other software options would have required a different operating system. I like that it applies to other crafty products as well and not just soap.

Cons

I would love to see an app for phone or tablet where we could enter material purchases. I am on the run a lot with kids and elderly parents and I cannot afford a laptop. If I could enter just my material purchases on my iPhone easily, I would be able to stay on top of entries and seriously maximize my time while waiting for my Dad to finish up in a doctors appointment or while waiting in the pickup line at school.

RP

Rhonda P.

CraftyBase Review

I haven't set up recipes for all my products which will make it hard for me at the end of this year for taxes. I find it very time consuming to get it all set up.

Pros

I like that it integrates easily with Etsy and keeps track of inventory.

Cons

I find it hard to set up products. It is still confusing how you have to set up manufactures and recipes.

AS

Alyssa S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Overall, it has been a great experience. Its easy to use and works great for keeping track of all my product and finances!

Pros

I like how you can keep track of what product and how much of it is in a consignment shop.

Cons

The cost for some of the features is a little on the high side but still worth it.

KP

Keri P.

Bye Bye Spreadsheets

I used spreadsheets for years. I hated it. It was time consuming and I really needed to automate some processes. This service allows me to easily see orders from multiple platforms, track low supplies, and not have to deal with a calculator and updating all supply numbers after every order. For anything I have set up for auto manufacture the time saved is amazing!

Pros

The ability to link my Etsy and Amazon products and orders make my life so much easier.

Cons

Entering in auto manufacturer information for each product and size is rather tedious if you have a lot of products.

TR

Tina R.

Retail, self-employed

Works well but a bit pricey for small home based business

I have a better understanding of what materials and products I have on hand and where my expenses are going.

Pros

Inventory tracking and manufactures and schedule c guidance.

Cons

Not being able to link inventory amount of product to Shopify

TJ

Thomas J.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, self-employed

Craftybase is an excellent book keeping product

I have never had any problems with their product or it's features. Everything new always has a learning curve until you get familiar with it.

Pros

This product is great for keeping your business papers in order. It is specifically designed for the handmade business owners. The only drawback is, I use it for etsy and etsy has changed some aspects of their website and now we have to manually link our listing expenses.

Cons

The overall experience of this product is great.

JW

Jessie W.

Retail, self-employed

Craftybase does what I need it to do

Pros

I love that it keeps track of my costs and how much I make. It makes tax time really easy because it will generate the information I need with one report.

Cons

Takes some time to learn the best way to make it work for you. And sometimes it seems like processes could be done with less steps.

KG

Kristin G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Love Craftybase!!

VERY HAPPY!!

Pros

This program has made my life so much easier! It helps me track all my business expenses, all of my materials, and sales. The process of adding expenses and materials is very easy, and the workflow to make and sell is very easy as well

Cons

Not really meant for retail items, and I make and sell, but I also buy wholesale and retail and the retail bit is time-consuming

CW

Casey W.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Great Software

Will definitely keep using this as long as I am in business. Makes my life easier.

Pros

This is the only software that truly helps small craft businesses keep track of inventory plus help around tax time with its various reports. Glad I found it!

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to figure out, but the help articles are great!

TG

Taylor G.

Best

Pros

Very easy to use & helpful business tracker.

Cons

It does not let you customize invoices like fonts, etc.

KB

Karlyn B.

Craftybase Review

Pros

I like being able to track my inventory, build recipes for the items that are made, having it automatically price the items for me and track sales.

Cons

The sequencing of adding in a project, then adding in manufactures and linking them all together was a bit confusing to learn.

iM

iliana M.

Great Inventory Management for Batch Makers

Pros

Craftybase was easy to set up and has thus far been pretty intuitive to learn. I was manually entering inventory into a spreadsheet before this, so switching over to Craftybase has saved me SO much time. The automations make inventory management for my jewelry business super easy.

Cons

There were one or two things that I couldn’t quite grasp initially, there was also an issue with my sales channel not updating but their help team has always been able to explain or fix any problems with efficiency and kindness.

PH

Peter H.

Very complex to standup

Pros

They had some baked in reporting that was good.

Cons

Customer service is only by EMAIL. NO PHONE SUPPORT! This made it very difficult for a beginner (who read the useless startup guide) to get everything setup correctly. Even then I was never 100% implemented. They should also add auto categorization rules for expense items and COGS by vendor/other Parameters.

JL

John L.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Terrible support

Very poor will be looking elsewhere and I recommend you do the same

Pros

Support non existent when looking for help with their software, they also delete and censor posts in the “Facebook community” to stop people giving honest feedback (including customers)

Cons

Handles bundles and lots really counter intuitively, can’t keep finished product as inventory

sP

svenja P.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

great product, always adding features.

being more organized, having everything in one place.

Pros

everything is in one place. i love how i can easily adjust my inventory, find all my supplies, the software lets me have a great overview of everything that goes in and out of the doors.

Cons

when you grow as a company and hire outside help, it gets a little bit harder to track all the data that comes with that.

MM

Melissa M.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Excellent software for crafty businesses

I found this super easy to set up even if you have little to no accounting experience.

Pros

I love that this program made finding my cost of goods easy. It makes it that much easier to find proper pricing.

Cons

I wish it had more accounting reports available

Amy H.

Simple and accurate!

I couldn't be happier, no more spreadsheets! I highly recommend Craftybase!

Pros

Using Craftybase with Shopify is a huge time saver! I am not a fan of any type of bookkeeping, this is amazingly helpful.

Cons

Just the inventory and materials tracking probably save me hours per week. I no longer have those nagging thoughts, wondering if I'm low on a component.

Angie R.

Craftybase is awesome!

Pros

That it store my product info without me worrying I’ll lose it

Cons

Was confusing at first but once I understood the terms they used I knew where to input everything

LL

Lesley L.

Worth the monthly fee

Overall, I would say it is definitely worth the monthly fee and the time it takes to learn how to actually use the software! This is something I would definitely recommend to business owners who need help organizing.

Pros

I love that this helps me keep track of my inventory. I feel so much more organized after adding this software to my small business. Before I would just use a sticky note to track things, but now I have it all in one place and I can't lose it. I really like how they have tips on here as well.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Craftybase is that it took me a day or so to actually learn how to use it. And there are a few bugs that could be fixed.

HW

Heather W.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Great for any size business

Pros

Ease of use is amazing. Price is super competitive Options

Cons

I thoroughly enjoy this product. It’s easy to use and reliable!

BM

Brenda M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Really great program

I love the inventory tracking feature, although it's been a long road to figure out recipes in order to make it accurate.

Pros

Easy to navigate, tracks what I like tracked. Pretty intuitive, for the most part.

Cons

I don't like that any product on Etsy is picked up by craftybase automatically. I'd rather enter the products individually in craftybase.

DB

Darby B.

Design, self-employed

Just what I needed

Very happy Craftybase

Pros

The software is easy to use and set up. It helps me do my quarterly sales tax as well. It’s easy to create reports.

Cons

I was asked to create an estimate and I couldn’t find where to do that in the software

GS

Ginny S.

Functional and extremely helpful

Pros

Easy to use and provides a lot of product insight.

Cons

Takes some time to set up but there are ways that they make this an easier step.