Deputy Reviews

4.75/5 (503 reviews)

Natalie Oldroyd

No bad until you try to leave

Reviewed 2018-08-27

I have rarely ever left a negative review in my life but after my recent experience I feel it's almost a responsibility. I closed my business in July. Not having a need for timekeeping I cancelled an account. I deleted all staff and shifts and unsubscribed from this service. I did so before the close of the billing cycle. Since this is a payment in advance service I should have been left with nothing outstanding. I've had demand after demand. I went back into the account to inquire as to why I'm still receiving demands to find that the account was not closed, I was not unsubscribed and although all staff profiles had been deleted i was still listed as having 5 staff. I updated my contact information, emailed Deputy stating that I had unsubscribed using the instructions in the help files and heard nothing more. Then the demands started again. The worst however was having to deal with their customer service rep on live chat who'd leave me sitting on live chat for 5-7 minutes at a time only to come back and claim he was leaving me hang there on purpose so "I'd calm down" He seemed to take particular exception to me insisting on a chat transcript. Given that I'm so furious with this company and how it allows its reps to treat customers, customer service rep's strategy didn't work. I got my chat transcript in the end but only by copying and pasting the entire thing myself. He wasn't too keen on his replies being included in the chat transcript. Utterly disgusting. It's cheap. It's not an expensive service but the old adage you get what you pay for applies here.

Anonymous

Deputy has some serious holes in what it allows teams to do, but for basic scheduling it's fine

Reviewed 2017-11-17

ease of scheduling across a large organizationfor basic scheduling, it works as expected, and I enjoy using it. I like the ability to bulk unassign shifts, and have shifts autofill, though I wish I could select which groups I can autofill from.

Sara Thomas

Makes scheduling and approving time sheets a breeze!

Reviewed 2018-05-31

I like that you can see all shifts, schedule people, approve time sheets and so much more all within the app on my phone. The ability to sync with our POS system is extremely efficient and makes interactions with staff super easy.

Alex Lane

Deputy is a perfectly fine time tracking software but you will find better options

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-08-01

We no longer use this softwareDeputy will do what you need it to: Track your employees time and get them paid in payroll. But while it does this adequately, I never felt any reason that I should use this software versus any of the many competitors. There are many other software platforms that are smoother, more reliable, and have better features than Deputy. It will work but I cannot recommend it well.

Diana Bungay

Review from a Bookkeeper's Perspective

Reviewed 2017-04-18

Deputy is useful in scheduling and keeping track of the staff's worked hours. It's easy to understand. One good feature is being able to see the history logs and seeing what has been changed. Also, Deputy's got great customer care.

Jessica H

I would rather have something else

Reviewed 2017-04-13

Isnt very user friendly for members of the staff that arent tech savvy. Having to take extra steps is a little bit pointless. You have to be clocked in for 15 min at a minimum. Needs to be more user friendly.

Erin Jones

Only does weekly and bi weekly well

Reviewed 2016-07-25

It as not very intuitive using it. Does not work for a monthly scheduling/payroll cycle. Exporting payroll does not work very well and is inaccurate unless doing it by week. Monthly payroll/overtime is not calculated correctlyAbility to clock in on an ipad

Tony Smith