DiCentral

EDI tool for supply chain management & order fulfillment

visit website

DiCentral Reviews

Pros

We have used it for over 5 years but I am finding other EDI solutions that are more user friendly.

Claire M.

Software is fairly intuitive and easy to navigate for users from the dashboard view. Good offering of data and analytics.

Donna P.

DiCentral Staff Are Helpful, Friendly & Knowledgable.

Heidi M.

Cons

So unprofessional and could "never" talk to an employee that could answer our questions. We have ""NEVER" been so frustrated with a company.

Jodie P.

Customer service is terrible and software is difficult to navigate.

Dean O.

No reporting features and poor customer service.

Stella G.

Brilliant. The support team is enormously helpful, understanding, and flexible.

Does not applies

Pros

It's user friendly, simple and productive! We have been using this software for about 3 years now. Overall, we are very pleased with the system, and we cannot imagine trying to conduct our daily business on any other software. Pros - Very powerful, scalable - Excellent customer service for implementation AND ongoing needs - Quick adoption for new employees

Cons

Ship Notice/manifest is little complicated for the new users Once the order line is used for the shipment, It should automatically grey out in order to avoid errors

Di Central Consumer Review

2) Lead time for implementing UK retailers 3) EDIFACT Mapping 4) Sometimes a lot of resources and time is spent in explaining things to di central team in order to get things done

Pros

1) DiWeb turnaround feature is easy to use and understand 2) Customer Support mostly is very responsive 3) Maps customization for US X12 retailers is also great 4) Option to hold data in draft mode is also available 5) Option to print Packing Slip and GS1-128 label is also available

Cons

not much that I can think of at the moment.

Extensive Unfunctional Functionality

Overall, you can do all the tasks that you are required to do, and the reach of this EDI is extensie. Unfortunately, the program appears outdated, aside from the look and feel of the UI, there are limitations to certain functions in the program, which can sometimes spend more time than what would generally be required. Should some of the features be refined, the EDI could be quite good.

Pros

The functions and reach of the program was good, many options are provided in terms of the task you are trying to complete on DiCentral. Extensive records are kept, including a user history, which is convenient to recall when you need to trace prior steps.

Cons

While there are numerous functions, those functions are sometimes dysfunctional, if that makes sense. For instance, creating and submitting advanced shipment notices is rather antiquated, as you need to manually type out the dimensions for each line, as opposed to entering the dimensions for each item and having those dimensions applied to the relative items on the relative lines. The UI is also fairly outdated, but this is more of an aesthetic preference, but it can sometimes lead to navigating being rather complicated.

DiCentral Web Forms, Integration and Support

Very positive experience so far. NOCO has been partnered with DiCentral for a little over a year and we have been able to add more than 10 trading partners to the system, 4 of which will be integrated with our ERP.

Pros

Easy to use, integrates with SAP ByDesign, connections to many trading partners already exist so there is less time getting set up with new customers for our company.

Cons

Takes a little time to get used to the navigation screens.

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to review DiCentral. Appreciate your feedback and all the details you provided.

12/2019 Trimax Review

We had an issue with submission vs receive date on a PO. Otherwise, we haven't had many issues.

Pros

Cost compared to others. Pretty easy to use/navigate.

Cons

Search feature (by quarter) and format on some docs

Good Service Provider, but improvements are needed

Overall it's positive and I find the majority of their CS reps professional and responsive. There are times though that like most service providers these days, DiCentral has outsourced live CS out of the country. That unfortunately, creates difficulties in communicating with reps who may have a very heavy accent, or who may not grasp the intricacies American English

Pros

It's relatively easy to navigate. The screens are pretty well laid out and the data has always shown to be accurate.

Cons

There are times when exporting a large number of PO's from a major department store who sends over PO's for each door, and you want to check your data, it can take an exceptionally long time to get that data out of DiCentral.

The Best!

Pros

We have been working with DiCentral since 2006. They helped us in the beginning we we started our brand and has continued to be a supportive and proactive in the changing retail climate.

Cons

Overall their customer service is stellar. I sometimes I wish the problem, when we have one, could be fixed quicker.

Thanks Katie! We enjoy working with Crane USA as well and look forward to continuing to grow together. I will pass along your feedback to our team.

Good EDI Partners

Allowed us to integrate our EDI products into our ERP system with customers that require it.

Pros

Di Central provides a good service for small companies looking to integrate with in house software or process EDI Documents via the web.

Cons

Working with the company to add new partners sometimes takes a very long time. Other than this, once things are set up they work great.

Review as vendor receiving data from customer

Pros

We receive regulary maintenance notification, with scheduled mainteance outside of regular operation hour, which is good to keep system up to date without making process down.

Cons

It would be good to be able to specify that if the maintenance is not in a specific range of time, that we don't wan't those notifications.

Working with DI central has been easy.

Ease of working..!

Pros

The multiple way it gives you as an option for packing is great . Second best part of the software is its capabilities to create back orders.

Cons

At the time of invoicing you have to manually edit the qty even if you have short shipped at the time of packing.

Does the basics of EDI

Pros

I find the software relatively easy to use. It is more user friendly than it has been in the past before this system was updated. I allows me to do most of our EDI turnaround without much issue.

Cons

There have been at least 2 times, that come to mind, where the system has been down for breaches in security which had prohibited us from accessing our daily orders for 36 hours. We have stringent timelines to meet with many of our customer that upon not fulfilling we are subject to hefty fines. A lot of the EDI turnaround is automatic and wish New dates for customers could auto populate instead of having to enter the same information each time. I have tired numerous times to set certain criteria to default and it does not seem to stick.

Navigation and Accessability

WE have combine multiple trading partners under on Vendor ID which has cut down on the amount of training and accessibility that is needed.

Pros

The ease of navigation through the data is very helpful for my company. We have multiple Trading partners and sorting date is easy.

Cons

The expense of the per kilobyte data transfer can get expensive.

Couldn't Be Happier

Very happy with the service, I have to use this daily for my job and have seldom ran into an issue. If I do have an issue customer service is always punctual in fixing the issue.

Pros

User Friendly, EXCELLENT customer service

Cons

Lack of other companies in our field using DiCenteral

DiCentral - Constantly There for Support with Excellent Customer Service

Using DiCentral provides me with the ease of invoicing our customers in a timely manner, knowing that it was received because of the confirmation given - no need to constantly update emails to send invoices via email. We are currently setting up another customer to receive purchase orders which will streamline both our Sales and Accounting departments.

Pros

I had spoken to a number of companies that provide EDI software before choosing DiCentral. I liked the fact the costs were in Canadian funds, the patience of my Sales contact in answering my questions, the ease of the set up, and the gentleman who patiently assisted me with the launch. I also appreciate the quick response to the support technicians, the availability of Webinars and the ease of payment on a monthly basis.

Cons

The only glitch I have is that I find it challenging to add a new customer to our profile. This may be due to the fact that I have only been using DiCentral for almost a year and only have 2 customer signed up at this time. I am currently working with my Sales contact to rectify this issue.

Small Company EDI

Very good people

Pros

Great Support Easy of use Breath of offering with EDI partners

Cons

Weak on WMS No Picking with scanners Historical Inventory not good.

Fast, easy and reliable EDI solution! I love it!

The greatest benefit to utilizing DI Central as my EDI provider is the ease of use, and their reliability. I have found the customer support team to be prompt with the response when needed! I have never experienced any down time or missed transmissions with DI Central. They are an outstanding EDI provider!

Pros

I love the ease of use the most about the DI Central software. We haven't experienced any down time utilizing DI Central. It is very reliable and consistent!

Cons

Does DI Central have integration with Quick Books capabilities. That would be an asset! I would like to see more integratoin with my internal programs so that the processing of orders could be more seemless.

Good but can be great

Good, I would recommend. On the topic of customer service, we used to be able to call customer service, request a specific person that is familiar with our business and setup, and work with them. It seems DiCentral has become extremely rigid about first creating tickets. When we are in our most pressing needs for answers ASAP, this is not always feasible.

Pros

Dated but very straightforward. It feels almost like using WIndows 95, so that's good from a concept of less is more.

Cons

Lack of automation. By that I mean pre-filling fields and automating emails etc. can be better. Customer Support is ok. Specifically, it'd be helpful to have an email alert option for only 850s. I get email alerts for every inbox update right now, which is way too much. I just need 850s and I would imagine there are tons of vendors that would appreciate that as well.

Overall it's a pretty good solution for businesses that do a lot of EDI transactions

When it works as planned it saves me a lot of time!!!!

Pros

Customer support is helpful and knowledgeable. It's easy to learn and use. You can process EDI transactions from any computer. It didn't take long to figure out. That's the basic way to use the software. We integrate it with our Quickbooks so I don't have to enter in anything to the system...it's all just a few clicks.

Cons

For just the EDI web version, the site can sometimes run slow...when using the software version, it can also transfer over to QB very slowly. And sometimes things just can't sync for whatever reason which is frustrating.

Once I was aquianted with Di Central it was easier to use.

It allows me on a daily bases to provide my parters with the info they require to send orders, receive Shipment notifications and ultimately receive our goods in fast and more accurate.

Pros

It covers a wide variety of functions - each partner we have uses some different functions. Compatibility with all of our partners help. Customer Service is very knowledgeble and their follow up it top notch!

Cons

Not all feature cover every vriable. ex: when doing a 856 ASN - Pallets - it is hard for our company as we put many different items in a box and the quantity changes.....

DiCentral works like a champ.

Overall DiCentral has allowed us to meet all of our EDI needs, and has allowed us to stay in good standing with our Distributors.

Pros

I like the ease of use. We picked up DiCentral back when our IT staff was small. The software allowed us to send and receive EDI documents without having to hire an EDI specialist.

Cons

Not much. We are able to do everything we need with DiCentral. Nothing bad to say here.

Moderate satisfication, sometimes when needed help, not necessary getting it right away.

it's EDI, save us a lot of time, and allow us to deal with customers that requires us to have EDI ready with them.

Pros

Simple enough to use, we use most of the EDI 850/856/810/846 for our order fulfillment. mostly on the back end. rarely we have to login Dicentral for anything specific.

Cons

the transaction is pretty troublefree once all data exchange are setup, but does come in a price, and sometimes, lost track of the usage without upgrading to a better package within the dicentral plan, it could get very expensive.

It has not always been easy to work with Alligacom, DiCentral now. When we implemented it, they changed the project management a couple of times. But now, we don't have updates of changes to do, so we enjoy the product.

Pros

We used the EDI suite intergrated to Dynamics Nav. Once setup it up, it works very well. We have a customer that send us close to 100 orders per day and it saves us a lot of time. The tool is also reliable.

Cons

I have nothing to say negative about the product itself.

Great Tech Support

We are required by our biggest customer to use an EDI system and I am so glad that we chose DiCentral. They have been easy to work with and very concerned that they are helping us in every way they can.

Pros

It is user friendly for someone who is not always tech savy! When I do have an issue I can usually get to speak to tech support and my issue is quickly solved.

Cons

For myself, there are changes that I am sure are for the best, but I don't like change!

EDI Automotive Aftermarket EDI

Pros

We use two DiCentral Products: Base2 and DiIntegrator. DiIntegrator is by far the more user friendly tool. good visibility to EDI data, and easy imports and exports to/from our ERP system.

Cons

The Base2 product is really good for repetitive manufacturing when the customer is an OEM. However, initial customer set up is cumbersome. Mistakes are difficult to correct. However, once up and running, the software is very reliable.

Use of Service

Good

Pros

Format is easy to understand especially when it comes to training Customer Service members.

Cons

Software installation took longer that we expected when it came to working with moving a customer from one platform to DICentrals but overall we like the service.