DiCentral

EDI tool for supply chain management & order fulfillment

visit website

DiCentral Reviews - Page 4

Love this software and would definitely recommend!

Easy data exchange between our company and our trading partners.

Pros

We have always had phenomenal customer support with the software. I like that we can use the same system with multiple different trading partners. I like that everything is kept in one place and stored efficiently.

Cons

Two things. I don't like that I have to use internet explorer on a PC to use all of the features. I would love to be able to use other browsers and possibly in the future a Mac to use the system. Second, I don't think the website is very user friendly. Once I learned the in's and out's of the system I had it down, but training new people is often difficult.

Good Product

Pros

support is great. They are available when you need it.

Cons

Takes a minute to get things reset if they are incorrect.

For the most part we have no issues

Pros

integrated with SAP B1, which allows us seamless processing of our EDI. automatic EDI exporting allows us to get ASNs to the customer timely.

Cons

difficult to see errors or mistransmissions. there is no way for us to see if an order does not make it to the warehouse.

EDI

Pros

This program is easy to understand and we have not experience any major glitches. Many companies use it, as well, so it is easy to send orders with our vendors.

Cons

Sometimes it can be tedious or not available to make edits on orders that have sent.

EASY

Pros

EASE OF USE WHEN RECEIVING AND SENDING PURCHASE ORDERS

Cons

SOME PO'S DO NOT HAVE THE ADDRESS ON THEM

need refined search function

Pros

simple user interface. fast order delivery

Cons

more search functions, e.g. "not yet invoiced"

Shipping Coordinator

Most of our customers use EDI now so it makes things so much easier when all the data entry is all in one place.

Pros

Its forgiving for the most part, If a mistake is made it can be removed to the "trash" and redone.

Cons

I'm not sure if its the format from the customer or if its within EDI's software but when printing customers preferred pallet or carton labels, they have to be adjusted and reprinted multiple times to get them right.

I found it very easy to use and to navigate

Pros

Most of our use is through our EDI provider, eZCom Software, but using the information to see the progress of our EDI testing is very helpful. It's nice to know what has been done, what is being processed and what is still required. This way I can get with eZCom to get the necessary testing completed.

Cons

We have been using this software to complete EDI testing for about 4 years as required by our customers and I have found no cons in the time we have been using it.

We never have any issues so we would one of those customers that aren't very helpful

Extremely efficient and we can get information to our customers real time. In an industry like ours, the only thing that can truly set you apart from your competitors is efficient and accurate information.

Pros

Very easy to operate and pretty much self explanatory. We use a number of different EDI platforms with our logistics needs and yours is much easier to operate and much more user friendly.

Cons

I said we have had zero issues since day one so I don't have any Cons to add.

Worst Exit Experience of my life

As above. Communication was little to none, and the communication I did receive was cold and no help. It's been the worst and only experience I've ever had like this in my years running my business and I'm quite surprised. I have never even written a bad review to anyone until now. Terminating from a program that doesnt suit your needs should be simple and easy, not drawn out for months with no response and continue of invoices being paid.

Pros

None, I had no ability to really trial as the software didn't support MAC users.

Cons

Communication was not clear to us that MAC is not supported during the sale pitch. Once on board, we were given software to download, and that is when we discovered we couldn't use the software as our whole business is on MAC. Their only option was for us to swap to windows. (Not happening when I can find another solution). Upon this, the termination process was dragged out for months and no communication back to me. But continuously charged fees for something we have NEVER used as we couldn't even get anything on our computers.

very easy system, never have any problems. wish all systems were as simple

i was able to save time, easy to use easy to access. i'm able to meet my deadlines beciase the software is so very easy to understand.

Pros

easy to find current and past orders. easy to send and receive orders, easy to submit asn's and submit invoices

Cons

that I have to press refresh to see what has been completed after each task. Also, I would like to be able to have a template of each document so that fix any errors.

A bit difficult to use/understand.

A connection to our customer because they ONLY use EDI.

Pros

To be clear, we used this solution for our customers that required an EDI connection. DiCentral provided a portal to manage and submit EDI docs with those customers. Overall, It did what it was made to do (most of the time). We were able to receive PO's and submit invoices to our customers.

Cons

Overall, It did what it was made to do (most of the time). There are issues regarding JAVA and specific browsers that fail to load documents for upload, like ASN's and sometimes even Invoices.

Process is always long not a lot of follow up, always need new development to adapt to our customer

Pros

it is friendly user, we can automate a lot of data and have less user data entry, steps are easy to follow

Cons

on your web site it is mention that it is integrate to Dynamics GP, but in reality most of the needs must have a developement we can communicate easily with our customer but to exchange transaction with supplier and carrier we have to process with other developper to get the information and not all the edi transaction are available most if available we must read into di web only it cannot be integrated into dynamics gp and update our files we cannot customize the notification to specific person

I received the PO's through the EDI the program to work with one of our Dealers

I like receiving the emails when there are new notifications. If there was a user manual or something that would help explain some of the functions would be helpful. The screen is also very easy to use.

Pros

It is easy to read the screen and to send 820's and 855's. I like receiving an email when there are new PO's.

Cons

I find when issuing the ASN that this screen can be confusing and also if you have to do a partial shipment.

Goof Software

Overall has been positive

Pros

The software is easy to use and has a slew of basic and deep functions

Cons

can take a long time to set up new vendors and customers as the teams work together

Simple but Easy to use

Great feature. Greatly helped us expand our business as it streamlined our invoicing and ordering process.

Pros

I used this software to download data for accounting purposes. I found it to be very easy to search, filter and download the data i needed.

Cons

there were some limitations we experienced in the office but I believe that's typical across all EDI platforms.

we receive our PO's, Product activity data, and Product Transfer and resales report

ease of invoicing and receiving orders

Pros

easy to use, not much more to say or to compare to as I am not familiar with other programs. This is the only system we have ever used

Cons

sometime the site has Intermittent downtime notifications - often they update on the weekends when we are scheduled to receive our product activity data and tranfer & resale reports- which delays receipt

Should be more user friendly

Pros

Very stable. Rarely have had issues with transmissions or receiving documents.

Cons

Should be more user friendly. If someone has not had a proper trainging to use this software, it is not easy to work with and manage to get around to doing every step properly without mistakes that coould literally cost charges from our partners/vendors.

Great sales effort, zero follow through

Signed up for DiWeb after searching for a web-based EDI solution for our new and growing clothing brand. Sales team was great, made a lot of promises, and seemed like a fantastic alternative to GXS' bloated pricing and cumbersome usability for a similar product. 2 months in, it turns out they're all the same. Terrible experience. So far, our 3 support requests have each taken about a month to be addressed by 'customer service' team, and actual monthly cost is consistently 2-3X what was quoted to us by sales team. Thumbs down.

Pros

Web-based, no hardware / software purchase required.

Cons

Lacks some very basic functionality, like ability to create an invoice directly from an Advance Ship Notification (ASN/856), or to upload invoice data from a .csv file. The inability to create an invoice directly from what items were actually shipped leaves a lot of room for error in data entry, creates hours upon hours of double-work if you frequently ship less than your full PO, and opens the door for chargebacks. Also, while software is web-based it will not work with Mac operating system (requires Windows). So if you run Mac, you'll need to buy some new PCs to run this app.

Edi

Pros

Easy to use. SQL based. The tech support is good.

Cons

Still need their servers to manage import/export of trading partners. Should be local to our install or network.

my experience

Pros

easy to use. program is easy enough to figure out to get where i need to go

Cons

when you get stuck. your stuck. not really a way to get some help when you need it

DIC always helps us immediately if we need to open a case.

Party City is our main account on DIC, but we are implementing Walgreens now with the great help of the support team.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use and train new people on it. And if needed, we ask support for help and they respond right away.

Cons

Sometimes the latency in between uploading info can cause issues. But it's rare, and honestly it could be our internet connection :)

Everything laid out clearly and is user friendly;y, after working with it for a bit

Visibility and control

Pros

Can clearly find PO's and filters are easily usable. I like the ability to combine ASN's and send things off in a way that's clear to me.

Cons

maybe they can hold sending off ASN's just in case a revision needs to be made last minute? Sometimes I make an error, that I Can revise, but it has been sent off, and have to do revised ASN.

Very easy to use. Using it for about 6 months and it's a time saver!

Pros

Easy to use and support team is very efficient. Always there when you need them...and fast! I really appreciate how fast we get support, when needed. The software is must for our company!

Cons

Except the time between we signed the contract and the date we start using it that was quite long, I have no cons.

DiCentral for Manufacturing Plants

Pros

I like the ease of use, how usefull it can be when using in a manufacturing plant, I like how it helps both sides know the stautus of an order, etc

Cons

The Customer Service. I have nothing against using Asia help desks but it makes it very very hard to contact them because of the accent or timbre of voice.