E2 Shop System Reviews

4.29/5 (389 reviews)

Ala Pawelek

We've had this for 7 years and the more we utilize it the more problems it has

Reviewed 2017-08-15

This program is very basic so if you learn how to use one part of the system you can learn how to use the other parts of the system because they all look the same

Paul Shock

E2 Shop System for a Job Shop

Reviewed 2016-09-16

This software has all of the features necessary to quote a project, purchase for a project, and move the project successfully through the shop from one work station to another, accurately accumulating time as it goes. It will give you insight into your jobs as to estimated performance versus actual performance, it will give you control over your purchasing and a 30,000ft level view of your work center loading. Overall, it has the capabilities to meet a wide variety of manufacturing requirements with good reporting, and useful toolsThe software is pretty easy to use. We can usually get new employees up and running fully on the software with only a couple of days of training. If you implement the time keeping module it allows for excellent review of jobs and verification of timing for your work. By far the best part of E-2 is the support. They have a wide range of support tools including Webex training's, customer support, and even analysts who can help implement, and improve your software usage.

Michele Davidson

9 Year User of E2 Shoptech

Reviewed 2016-03-29
Review Source: Software Advice

The product is a comprehensive job tracking system. When using the individual "modules" in the correct order in creating parts, quotes, jobs, purchases, shipments, etc. you will be able to trace, track, run reports and get great information. Shoptech as a vendor has always been extremely helpful when you contact them. You will not sit on hold for hours like with some other vendors. You will find both basic information and more extensive information on their website either through webinars, help papers, virtual training classes and also User Discussion Boards. Should you not find the information which you are seeking, their staff is very informative and will not leave you in a bind.

Joe Brandt

Does not grow at the rate of your business

Reviewed 2015-12-30
Review Source: Software Advice

The designers clearly have knowledge of a shop environment and are pretty comprehensive in touching all the aspects of a job shop. The sales team is very accessible. The product is very easy to get up and operational with which may be attractive to shops starting out or implementing this type of system for the first time. The software does have controls over what users can do what which is useful for keeping employees in check. The reports that it generates are concise and professional looking out of the box.

John Van Bysteren

E2 is the ERP that gives the big name ERP's a Run for there money!!

Reviewed 2015-10-02
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used multiple ERP systems some of them rather expensive with a large learning curve, when I went looking for a ERP system for our machine shop, one of the leading criteria was that the ERP would have, or support the AS9100 standard. E2 was the only one that offered a QA module to help create our AS9100 documentation, then as a bonus E2 had a consultant come out and help set up our AS9100 Quality Management System, to top it off, another consultant came back out a few month later to do an audit of our documentation to make sure we were ready to take on the AS9100 registrar. E2 does have an AP & AR module however we wanted to be able to keep our financial information separate in QuickBooks, this ERP system allows you to flow order and purchase order information seamlessly from E2 to QuickBooks by syncing this information over. I really hope companies that are looking for an ERP system make E2 their choice. I did a lot of painstaking research on this and wish I would have found reviews of ERP systems like this to help me along. E2 does what it takes to run a business effectively and as an added surprise the software is cost effective as well.

richard davis

Reviewed 2013-04-02
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a custom fabricator of precision metal parts and assemblies. We are very diverse in our customer market base, each of which has their particular needs and associated challenges. We started out several years ago using Excel spreadsheets for quoting that became increasingly complex and customized. The maintenance aspect of the quotes and quoting process became very convoluted and messy. The biggest problem with a Microsoft product system was the ability for any user to accidentally make changes to the quoting sheet for one particular customer and that calculation would carry over to other quotes. We knew that we needed to improve the process of quoting and tracking time associated with each project. In addition, we wanted to add BOM and stock tracking capabilities, so we began to look at all of the options available. We researched JobBoss, Citrux, Syspro, Intuit and Microsoft Dynamics. Each of the software platforms had pros and cons. For us, the determining factors were price per function and the feature set offerings that were specifically designed for manufacturing. We did not want to custom tailor a software package for our shop. We wanted a software that was already set up for the way we do business, all we had to do was populate the fields and learn the basic functions. Overall, E2 has been a good decision for our company. It has allowed us to scale up and spend much less time tracking order status, employee and machine utilization and keeping track of BOMs without the use of Excel spreadsheets, which we used to use for everything. Excel was a good starting tool for us, but was not sustainable as we have grown. We are much leaner now than before and I feel that we are able to generate and evaluate useful BI data for evaluation. We like having the ability to know the time it takes us to process a particular job through the shop, and the ability for administrative employees to be able to check the status of a job. We have recommended E2 to two of our supply chain partners since inception. One of the companies uses it and does well with it. The other company never embraced it and made the commitment to fully transition over to it. The moral of the story: It is a good tool, but it is not a five minute process to transition into it. It requires a champion within your organization that will learn it and be willing to get the data transfer set up so that your company can make a hard-stop transition over to using the system and not look back to your current system. Human nature is to resist change and you will have to manage your staff’s desire to keep using your current system because it’s comfortable and quicker, due to their knowledge of the current system. We have had a few issues along the way that have been frustrating (probably 5 times in 6 years). On a few occasions we have lost some data and had employees that were unable to input data into the system. We believe that the root cause was the system failing in some way while an employee was logging data. For example, If I am inputting data into an order and there is a fault (for any reason: power dip, hardware on my computer, etc) the E2 system sees this a problem because I was in the main database and when the network connection is re-established. We back up our data daily and can always revert to the previous day’s data. This was a fairly easy fix, but the primary frustration was the lost time determining that the system is no longer recording the data that we put in. Ratings: Initial Install and data transfer, 7 (The tool to do this has gotten better since we migrated our data) Training and support, 9 (Support has been good) Ease of use and how easy to work with, ( Initially, 7. Now that we are comfortable with it, 9) Any hiccoughs or glitches, (Yes, but minor, and probably in line with industry standard.) Accuracy of info generated, 9 (You must ensure that employees are logging into and out of jobs accurately. This takes time, but will become a learned behavior. We have a lady in our office view the employee's log twice per day to ensure that they are logged into a job. If not, then they have to explain why) We would purchase E2 again.

Melissa Kozar

If you are a company that is looking to truly maximize an ERP system to organize your company thoroughly, I would keep searching.

Reviewed 2018-04-01
Review Source: Software Advice

E2 user for 13 years, sequel version. Most manufacturing companies hardly utilize more than 50% of an MRP/ERP, and don't put the effort to truly comprehend the system to ever fully utilize. In those cases, this would be a good system to use. It does a lot of muscle work for you if you use it right. If you are truly ok with simply letting their scheduling module spit out a generic schedule that is limited in work-ability, this would be a good system. The most updated version has more bells a whistles which is nice but for us was fundamentally lacking in real change and not worthy of the investment to upgrade - plus the fact it is an entirely new system where you would lose all your history was additionally disappointing.

Lee Lantz

Reviewed 2011-08-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Delta Gear (formerly TIFCO Gage & Gear) is a privately held entity providing advanced machining services to the aerospace industry. E2 was implemented at Delta Gear in 2004 after the company was acquired and moved to our current location in Livonia, MI. In keeping with the company mission to strategically invest in the latest machining technologies, Delta Gear also upgraded the business system to an enterprise-wide solution that could centralize critical processes, provide real-time status, and still be relatively easy to use and maintain. E2 was selected and quickly implemented using the primary modules of estimating, sales, purchasing, shipping, and billing. This model served the company well for about five years. However, as the company grew and customer requirements increased, we recognized that our model needed adjustment and that there were E2 functions available that could help us meet these new demands. Accordingly, in mid-2009 we initiated an improvement project to move us to the next level of E2 and business system effectiveness. First, an internal E2 ‘champion’ was dedicated to the project with the charge to be a functional leader/liaison between the system, our staff and E2 support resources, which have always been very responsive and helpful. Next, a full evaluation of our Table master data was performed and we discovered that we could significantly increase our performance visibility by improving that data. With that foundation in place, we began to implement unused E2 functions. For example, Document Control became a key tool in our successful migration from ISO 9000 to AS9100. Also, our legacy paper-based Non-Conformance and Corrective Action program is now centralized on E2 and links to the associated items and jobs to which they apply. Employee training records were also migrated to E2 and we are now testing the Work Center and Tooling Maintenance functions. Even more important has been the improvement recognized by better use of the Advanced Scheduling and Purchasing systems. After tailoring our work-center master data, we can now identify potential bottlenecks and address them before they occur. Purchasing is now using the auto-ordering tools that pull from job requirements defined in bills of materials and orders. Finally, these efforts have allowed us to effectively use most of the QuickView module to provide real-time performance data as well as to export reports for monthly business metric presentations. These are then logged into Document Control as objective evidence for AS/ISO, or customer surveillance audits. By embracing the disciplines embedded in E2, we are steadily moving from a ‘reactive’ to a ‘pro-active’ planning approach for our entire enterprise. Our business has recently moved to a larger state-of-the-art facility and we are confident that E2 will be able to handle our growth effectively.

Lari Graver

Reviewed 2011-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Forward Technologies is a small Job Shop in Springfield, OH. We specialize in machining plastics. When I started at Forward Tech in 2007 we were using Peachtree software for our accounting system, Excel Spreadsheets for scheduling and quoting and a paper system for purchasing (NO PO’S). In 2008 we started looking at software systems - my boss is always interested in improvements. That year we added another mill and lathe to the shop and our capacity had increased; handling everything was becoming more difficult. We looked at several systems but E2 just blew them all away. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind – we wanted this system. Implementation was reasonably easy - we were starting from scratch so we were able to do things exactly the way we wanted. Of course we found out later it wasn’t exactly the way we wanted, but changes were easily made and with experience we are running very smoothly. With time and confidence we have utilized more aspects of the system. At first it was Order Entry-Purchasing- Accounting- then a real push to Time Tracking. We have not implemented scheduling but I see a time in the very near future when we will. Our use of the Quality Module is sporadic – but that is a manpower issue, not a software one. I cannot say enough about Trisha, our in house rep. During implementation and the year afterward, she was always there to help and in fact still is. She answers emails instantly and I think she might even take some at home because I have received responses late in the evening. Since the addition of Tech View on the website, I can find the answers to some of my questions very quickly without bugging Trisha (I love the info sheets under “Knowledge”). One of the techs is always available; they get back to me quickly and help me fix whatever issue I might have. How has E2 helped our shop? Since purchasing E2 we have doubled our capacity, hired more machinists, doubled our square footage and tripled our job load. Being able to easily track what is in-house, what is on order, order history, pricing, did we make money, did we lose money, the ability to play with pricing and have an idea of the profitability of the part, the ease of cross-referencing PO’s with invoices – all of these things have made my life so much easier. As the shop has grown I have been able to keep up- and I think a lot of it is due to E2. I also think that E2 has given us confidence that we are actually making a profit – and with that confidence the knowledge that we can keep growing. We will be adding another Mill this fall. Have there been difficulties? Of course, there always is with change – but I LOVE this system. If we have experienced resistance, well, that is a part of life. If I have to use a cattle prod on my fellas then I will use a cattle prod, because at the end of the day what I get from E2 is worth it.

Lisa Turner

Reviewed 2012-04-16
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a small third-generation custom sheet metal fabrication shop that has garnered a reputation for high quality, honest work, and trying to help all of our customers meet their increasingly shorter delivery times. Before E2 Shop System, we were using an outdated custom-written software for the Mac and updating that software into the 21st century was proving difficult and expensive. One day I received a mailer from ShopTech that said ''Are you controlling your shop, or is it controlling you?'' I thought to myself 'Isn't that the truth!!' So I called the number and talked to Greg in sales and after much consideration, we made the leap to the windows-based E2. It took approximately one year to fully migrate over to E2 once all the new hardware was set-up. I believe it could have been faster if we had an actual IT person. That being said, I'm not trained in IT, nor had much experience with Windows, but E2 was fairly easy to set up. It does take some getting used to, mostly because people are used to other software and have to make the mental switch, but once you figure out how everything ties in together, it's easy. The tech support staff was fantastic in helping me set up a windows server and they connected me with another customer that had done the same thing, which was extraordinarily helpful. We still use our Macs, but we LOVE E2 Shop System! My father even prefers the quoting method of E2 to the old custom program! It has allowed us to improve turn-around times on jobs and eliminated the constant bother of trying to figure out where jobs were in process in the shop. It has also improved our billing process; simplifying many tasks. It takes about 5 minutes to run the month end pdf reports for the accountant, vs an entire day of sorting actual paper in the old system. Everything is tied together and searching the system for just about anything is super-easy. I have customers call me all the time to look up information for them that they can't even find in their own systems. Our shop floor employees love being able to see what job they are clocked in on and eventually they will be able to know what job they should work on next. I haven't had time yet to delve into the wealth of data to analyze and quantify the exact benefit of E2, but just from our books, we can tell a marked increase in revenue, and we now can tell the actual real-time cost of jobs, rather than waiting until the next day's import. We have yet to harness it's full potential, since we are so small and focused on production, but there's only one way to go from here....up!!! Thank you SO MUCH to Janelle, Corey, Melissa, Greg and the rest of the ShopTech team that has helped me over the years. You have no idea how fantastic it is to call tech support and get the same, friendly, English-speaking, and knowledgeable people every time.

Dave Robinson

An invaluable and integral tool for our business growth and success

Reviewed 2016-04-07
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been using E2 in our shop for over ten years, and it has proven itself worthy of the investment time and time again. It is a thorough and well rounded system which assists us in successfully tracking our work load, material inventory, customer database, etc. Utilizing the scheduling tools, such as the Whiteboard, has become essential for evaluating our WIP, providing an overview of jobs in process and tracking due dates. The time tickets and performance summaries are extremely beneficial in measuring employee efficiencies. We are in regular communication with technical support, customizing the individual modules to accommodate the evolution of our business practices and constantly growing and changing capabilities. They have helped us create custom reports and summaries which allow us to categorically track productivity and expenses across the board.

Vernon Judy Sr.

Reviewed 2011-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Qualastat Electronics, Inc. has been in business since 1986, specializing in the manufacturing of electronic cable and wire harness assemblies. Included in our product line are RF assemblies, including phase-matched and time delay and fiber-optic cable assemblies. When the company reached the point where we could not adequately track inventory nor easily quote new assemblies, we decided to install an ERP system. We looked at a number of software packages that could be adapted to our organization but selected E2 due to its comprehensiveness, cost and ease of use. Prior to installing E2 we used a hodgepodge of programs including DBA, Databases and spreadsheets. We quickly found that we could stop using everything but E2. Our quotes became more complete, which prevented us from leaving out tooling, NRE charges, minimum purchase costs and helped us instantly become repetitive with our quotes. We found that with the use of job costing, using barcoding the the manufacturing area, we could review closed jobs and make quick changes to our estimated labor before quoting the same or similar items in the future. We now are able to analyze manufacturing processes by each individual operator and can determine what training needs to be done to improve efficiencies. The quality module made ISO-9001 certification much easier to obtain. Almost everything needed to become and stay compliant with ISO requirements are contained and provided inside the E2 program. Our customer satisfaction and vendor quality are now easy to measure, which helps us to continually improve our business and product. We found that the savings we realized and the ability to see our true costs enabled us to see a two year payback and now everything is just more profit or savings to our customers. We sent most of our staff and management personnel to get classroom training and have also had a local representative come into our facility for more specialized training and to provide refresher training. This has proven to be very effective and everyone was able immediately to run with the program. Shoptech has proven to be a very supportive organization. Our employees enjoy the ability to call in and immediately resolve problems or issues they face. Nobody has had an instance where the customer support person could not help, which is uncommon in our industry. There may be a better software package available for us to use. If it exists, I have not seen it and I would be very skeptical about any other software coming close to providing for us what E2 gives us on a continuous basis. I would highly recommend any job shop type organization to purchase the whole program and not leave out any modules since they all complement each other and make the whole program cost-effective and useful.

Bobby Howell

Reviewed 2012-04-05
Review Source: Software Advice

A.C. Horn & Co. is a custom sheet metal manufacturer (job shop). We will make almost anything from a customer's drawing. We specialize in food processing and packaging equipment. We also have our own line of popcorn and peanut processing equipment. Our owner’s grandfather in Dallas, circa 1907 as a tin shop, founded the company. Our old manufacturing software was complicated and very inflexible, plus was no longer going to be supported by the small company that wrote and developed it. This was a good opportunity for me to recommend to the owners that is was time to change. I wanted software that was more user friendly, menu driven so it would be easy to learn, and more flexible. Also, payroll and time entry had to be clean and a single entry. Before E2 Shop System, we used a company called Caelus, based in the northwest. It handled payroll also and is very detailed in the accounting area. That was acceptable, but it made our company "accounting-driven", instead of "manufacturing-driven"... we make our money in manufacturing, not accounting... We use the 7.2.14 release. I just noticed that .15 has been released and I will install it very soon. We purchased the software in the fall of 2010, and implemented it on the first workday in 2011. Implementation was a ton of work, long hours, and much trouble-shooting and phone calls to the technical help number. I know changing any software is a monumental task, so in my opinion, the implementation went well. Everyone on the help desk was helpful, and I especially leaned on the accounting team because that is an area I am not familiar with. Most of my team learned the software fairly quickly, but some who are not as computer literate struggled. I had some issues with a few who tried to "force" the software to do things it was not designed, nor capable of doing. That took some time to sort out, but it helped us learn the limits of E2. I still call the support line (although not as frequently), and it seems the first person who answers the phone is sometimes less knowledgeable than I am. Usually, if I have a real problem or question, it will get kicked up to another level. The benefits we have realized are in the organization and planning of our proprietary equipment. It has much greater flexibility than our previous software. The system is much more open in the estimating area. Our AP and AR persons like the easier processing in this area. Accounting, however, is still a challenge. I think we are still fairly new users, having 15 months under our belt. We have not even touched the scheduling feature, and only two or three of us are using the quote feature (which is great), so we still have more steps to take to fully utilize the software.

Virginia Allegra

My experience with E2 Shoptech software.

Reviewed 2016-08-11

For 2 + years now I have had the pleasure of using E2. I have been in the manufacturing business for over 37 years. Many of software programs have come across my path. Without a shadow of a doubt E2 surpasses the software that I have utilized. E2 is a very user friendly program. E2 is easy to maneuver through the software. E2 also offers a traditional standard view or a ribbon view which allows the customer to choose their preference. One of the many particular things I LOVE about E2 is their senior consultant Alicia Fox. I just have to say that Alicia goes above and beyond to help out the customers along with Rhonda Dowd account manager whose response time to my inquiries is outstanding! Also the available online tutorial and the technical support which in my opinion is phenomenal! it offers. "Hands down the BEST software that I have ever used"!

Kate Donahue

Small Business Looking for Shop Control

Reviewed 2016-07-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Experience: We are a small family owned business that needed to get ISO certified as a requirement by our customer. We did our research and E2 was the best company to offer shop control and offer ISO certification. We have been using E2 since 2012, we have been ISO certified since 2012. We were eager and became ISO certified within 6 months (take a lot of work and dedication to get it done quickly). Overall E2 has been a great resource for us. Pros: The software is easy to use, the information that you are able to get from reports is helpful (only as good as the information put in). Easy for all employees to use with all computer skill levels. ISO documentation was extremely helpful with becoming ISO certified. Customer service is always helpful, you always get a real person to help you with your needs.

Al Fabrico

Reviewed 2013-04-18
Review Source: Software Advice

We operate a precision sheetmetal shop in NJ. We fabricate simple parts to large complex multi level assemblies and everything in between for our customers. They demand a high quality item and when we went shopping for a new software system, we knew we needed one that would be up for the challenge. Our company was loosing control of raw inventory. We could not easily connect costs associated with a job to that job. Tracking jobs live on the floor was a chore also. Our old system was supposed to help us manage everything from order entry through the shipping, but it was just not up to the task. We spent more time working for our system than the system did working for us! We had looked at several companies before making our decision. We chose E2 because they had a system that could do all of what we needed and more. You are told how good a system is, how capable it is, all the typical sales talk. Well, believe it when it comes to E2 software and it's people. First of all, the folks are top notch. From the salesman to the service and training folks. They walked us through the implementation preparation. We were nervous about the impementation set up. Listen to them and take the time to set it up right, it may seem daunting but the extra hours you put into the set up will make for smoother sailing after implementation. From the first phone contact to implementation we felt comfortable with the folks at E2. Secondly, the software does what it says! Not only have we gotten accurate raw inventory counts for a full year, we were pleasantly surprised with other aspects. Purchasing has become much easier and less time consuming using the Job Requirements Report. Tracking jobs and connecting costs to the job are a breeze. You can even connect a cost that was not associated with the original estimate! The ability to "drill down" for information, both historical and present time is awesome. One area we would love to see a change in though, would be the material calculator. We need to do a little more off line calculating than we'd like to. Besure to go over that area with your sales rep. No reason not to buy E2 what with all the ease the rest of the system has to offer. We have been operating E2 for 14 months now and are happy we made the choice to partner with them. We have seen better control of all facets of our manufacturing process: raw inventory, finished good inventory, parts lists, purchasing, real time tracking and cost analysis. The software is terrific, but the people there to help you are even better. What more could you ask for, it's a great product with great service! Thanks E2 Team!

Mike Hannagan

Shoptech experience

Reviewed 2016-07-31

As a manufacturer of plastic tubes and extrusions, we have been using E2 Shoptech since 2005. It replaced a very costly "Great Plains" software that we had been using and we have not looked back since. Very satisfiedE2 Shoptech is easy to learn, keeps track of all necessary metrics, is very forgiving when mistakes are made on self-inflicted data input, and customizable to fit the needs of most companies.

Tara Toney

Amazed at all the capabilities of the software Love the web based version!!!

Reviewed 2018-01-03
Review Source: Software Advice

I love this software. The moment I was introduced to the software I was hooked. It can be overwhelming when you first try to implement it and get into using it everyday but the support staff are amazing. I have worked with both the E2 shop server based software and the new web based version and the web based is so easy to implement, and the fact that it is self maintained, helps for everyone who doesn't have a full time IT person and feels like they are technically challenged. Also it does not matter what size your shop is, if you want true accurate job costing, this is for you. The ease of use and the mobility of the web version is amazing that you can have access any time, any where. Being able to use smart phones and tablets for data collection puts a terminal in every persons hand. No more taking time to go to a terminal to log in and out. Which was our number one complaint from employees when we first started using E2

Ryan Peters

E2 Review

Reviewed 2017-10-13

We use this system every day to manage our manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution activities. Our company has utilized E2 for 18 years and I have been a user for 13+ years. It is a robust system. We have had virtually no downtime due to system related issues. We started with the MDB version and migrated to SQL about 7 years ago. No issues with either. The support team has always been superb - - easy to get a hold of and not in a hurry to hang up. I appreciate that. Overall just a really good software package and a great company to deal with. If you invest in this software, do yourself a favor and get Crystal Reports and write your own reports for data retrieval. System is open to allow for this functionality and will make the use of the data even better.

NJ GOULET

E2 Shoptech

Reviewed 2016-08-18

It has helped tracking of real job cost exponentially. For our type of service there needs to be other options available for reports (I realize we can pay you for custom reports but for our type of business it seems like it should already be there). Also I think that in estimate/quote/orders there should be two lines for misc. tooling/charge because a lot of times there is a setup charge that is recurring and tooling charges that are not always recurring but are incurred none the less. You should also be able to bring data into estimate from quote instead of only the other way around. Small business service companies don't have the time to create an estimate in order to give a price on a job. We can look at a part after being around for almost 60 years and say, eh that looks like about a $200 job. We purchase no material, it is all customer supplied so there are no costs associated with the job other than our labor and occasionally tooling so it is a waste of time to make an estimate when you may not even win the job. We type up a quote and then maybe 3 days or maybe 3 weeks later we win the job I want to be able to go into estimate at this point and pull in the info from my quote...part number, pricing, description....then I can add the routing and the part notes.Easy to navigate

Susan Galligan

To tell the truth...

Reviewed 2016-07-28

I started using E2 in 2006 when I began working at Precision Technologies. The software was already installed but it wasn't fully integrated throughout the company. Routers were minimal, no time wanding...just a lot of things that needed to be implemented. I found it extremely easy to get it up and running to where all could benefit from the information collected by E2. Soon we were ready for ISO...and because the software helped to organize our company, that was easy to do!As a previous user of a competitors software, I must say that the ease of use is extremely important to any company; and I find E2 very user friendly! It's everything you need to know or see at your fingertips.

Ed Warnock

E2 Software User Evaluation

Reviewed 2016-08-16

I have been using this software for the past six years in a small, make-to-order machine shop. I use it for everything from the estimating process through invoicing and financial performance reporting. In general, it serves me very well. We do not have sufficient bandwidth to use it to it's full potential, but hope to grow to the level where we can. Shoptech also does a good job of support, which is key with any business control system.Relative ease of use. I like how the modules work together as you create estimates, add them to quotes, and ultimately, convert the quotes to orders. If you spend your time doing a thorough job on the estimate, the rest of the process flows easily from there.

Yvonne Keller

Reviewed 2012-12-16
Review Source: Software Advice

I worked for a custom automotive shop who ventured into vehicle production and parts manufacturing. One of the business owners, who was the financial partner and NOT knowledgeable in any of the fields, was talked into buying this software. It fell on me to set up our business data and operations into this software. My experience is extensive in not only the necessary automotive fields, but also above average in database management and organization. Having worked for small and large shops, we used everything from specialty automotive shop management systems and custom SQL databases to Epicor Vista to the big boys' software of SAP, and Oracle. The positive of E2 - They did help ensure the product was properly installed and set up and tried to resolve my issues. The negative of E2 - It could not handle the type of work management for production, parts builds, vehicle assemblies, and related management. My employers were very upset to learn this was not working out. Naturally, they blamed me first. I demanded that the owner (purchaser of E2), E2 support, and I have a conference call to discuss the whole thing. The result of the conference call vindicated me and led to the dismantling of E2 for this company. The support at E2 was up and down - partly from lack of availability to not knowing how to resolve our problem. They did ultimately agree with me, as I proved to them what was happening. They benefitted from my misfortune, as I learned some software issues which needed addressing. I suppose a later version may have resolved some of it, but it was actually giving false information. Overall, I imagine the system is okay for some small business operations - and NOT for what my employer bought it. I do not blame E2 for that - They could not know what we were doing if the purchaser did not articulate it properly. No one else at our shop knew how to use it. Again, not the fault of E2. It did force the "showdown" call to PROVE I was correct. I think E2 was more supportive than my employers and co-workers. They probably stared at the multi-page report for hours with a blank look. SUMMARY E2 might be for you if you have a basic operation. As far as manufacturing, it may be okay if assembling furniture but not for complex manufacturing environments. Support is generally cooperative. I much prefer specialty software for my various applications.

Bruce James

Frustrating Operation!

Reviewed 2016-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

After using it for about 18 months now, it still continues to be frustrating. We are supposedly the first shop to use it on a "cloud," and it for whatever reason is not well-suited for such (Perhaps the could itself is a part of the problem - I don't know enough to say one way or the other) But the modules do not function identically. The searches behave differently between different subsections (The way I search in 'Part no.' does not produce the same results in searching in the "Description" tab.) We hired a new estimator. Even after watching the instructional videos and participating in an online class, I still spent a week over his shoulder walking him through the usage of it. The only way to learn the process of it is repetition. Rote memorization of the step by step process is the only way it works.Versatility. It has a wide-range of application. Lots of potential if they can streamline and improve it.

Michelle Jenkins

Rickard Metals' E2 Review

Reviewed 2012-04-03

Although we struggled with implementation and initial system setup, overall E2 is a great system and a huge value for dollars spent! Again, as the quality system administrator, the E2 quality module affords the ease of giving auditors a quick view of the effectiveness of the QMS and does the document organization for me. Charts and graphs are quickly generated with clear data points. The quality section does not give the appearance of an "afterthought" as many, many systems' quality modules exhibit. The CFO here is still very partial to Quickbooks but I believe that we could function very well using E2's Accounting module alone. This system was clearly built by people who understand manufacturing processes and challenges and that has clearly made all the difference!Ease of use Windows type appearance Consistent menu appearance Very user friendly, most functions are very intuitive Great variety of reports and queries available Quality module (auditors love it!) Accounting module is very easy to use Great graphics in Executive Overview Easy to use copy functions Job traveler layout is very clear Very good order/part documentation capability Very easy to flow from part generation to quote to order to billing Document attachment function for engineering