E2 Shop System Reviews

E2 Shop System

Shop management for shops & made-to-order manufacturers

This reviewer only left a rating

I have worked with a number of very popular ERP system and served on a few ERP implementation teams. I can tell you first hand that most cost more than they were worth and implementation costs were never recovered. E2's Shop System is a comprehensive suite that is easy to implement, navigate and their support staff are extremely knowledgeable & helpful. Anytime I need help with a feature of have a request for a custom report the person answering the phone is usually to help me on the very first call! It is extremely user friendly and requires very little training. It is a powerful tool that helps manage all of our business requirements from Accounting to Production for our growing company!

Viewpoint from Admin

Ready for it to be off of server and web based. Local server setup seems antiquated.

Pros

Wrk72 is an odd client installation name. Other than that easy to install and maintain. Having issues with paths and drive letters. Other than that customer happy.

Cons

I’m glad it will be web based moving forward

This reviewer only left a rating

The E2 Shop System is a very user friendly system. When Dimax Corporation made the switch from Peachtree Manufacturing to E2 in 2008 we were able to self teach. It has simplified our quoting process and the system quickly identifies when the cost has gone up on a part. We were able to eliminate double entry of our production schedule and we are now able to plan to a workcenter capacity. E2 has been a great tool for our company and also moved our quality system along...I can't imagine doing business without E2. It has become a very important integral part of our business from the quote through to shipping. The support from the E2 staff has been excellent. We highly recommend E2.

This reviewer only left a rating

I use E2 Shop System for 2 companies. King Industrial Corp. is a tool and die company for the automotive industry, and King Wire Inc. does Wire EDM work. We have had E2 for many years now. E2 Shop System is very easy to use and learn. Updates to the software are easy to install and you don't have to get bigger and better equipment with every new update. That was our main reason for switching many years ago. The software we had before always had to get new computers to do an update and that was just too expensive. Any time I have a question customer support is always able to help. I am very happy with E2 Shop System software and would definitely recommend it.

E2 Review

The system does not automatically update due to not being a cloud system, which causes frequent error messages and delays. The system however, is very use friendly and allows simple and easy creation of travelers. The system is also very easy for shop floor associates to navigate with little computer literacy. All in all, E2 gets the job done, but efficiency improvement and compatibility issues could be made.

Has Its Strengths

I am the AS9100 Lead Auditor and Document Control personnel for a composites company in Oregon. While there are some beneficial uses as an ERP system, I don't find that the Quality Section is nearly extensive enough for document control functions. It is great for electronic disbursement, however its functionality for controlling documents is very limited.

Pros

Elimination of forms being edited by non document control associates

Cons

No way to control drawings electronically-it is just a screen shot of what the documents look like. Fields are unable to be edited for anything-receiving logs, etc. The fact that these can't be filled in digitally and emailed makes the use of this probably unlikely.

Good Product

Pros

E2 Shop System is a really great product that really helps us and also can be customized. Very user-friendly product

Cons

The prices and fess a little bit high but it is worth the price when you get along with all you need with the product

Small shop ERP system

We have used E2 for 8+ years and it definitely is a step above excel sheets etc. However, we are having to move onto a new ERP because our company has outgrown E2.

Pros

I like E2, it is easy to use BUT not for a medium to large size company. It is also more for manufacturing only.

Cons

It is not flexible, cannot add fields, and customize to your business very well. When you do want to customize something, you pay a fee.

E2 - Full of Glitches and not user friendly

Pros

Yet to find anything that has impressed me, the frustration with this software is beyond comprehension

Cons

The list is just too long to write out, it took 2 years to implement and I have to use Excel spreadsheet to check the software's numbers, Shoptech is in denial of the issues

This reviewer only left a rating

E2 is an very very good system. We have used it for approximately 8 years and still do no utilize all of its capabilities - which is our issue. The system is actually easy to use, but like any new program each user simply just has to get used to using it. Once they do, it is logical and navigates easily. E2 is updated frequently and most often the updates are in response to user suggestions which is a very nice feature. Customer support, both sales and technical, are responsive, knowledgeable, accurate and pleasant. And the person you first get on the line is generally the person that will solve your problem or answer your question.

This reviewer only left a rating

Our company primarily fabricates custom products, as well as having a distribution division. With over 40,000 available products, the sales ordering system is complicated, and E2 is able to handle all of it. The inventory functions work well. The previous accounting system was overly customized and outdated. Even with the leap of several IT generations, E2 was easy to learn. Implementation was non-eventful. The programming staff was especially helpful in producing customized reports. We have had excellent customer support for the basic training in sales order receiving and accounting (we are syncing to QuickBooks).

Cons

Easy to use. Great software.

Pros

E2 makes running our business much easier. We save a lot of time using E2 compared to when we did things manually. The scheduling and data collection modules have really let us take control of our shop. We highly recommend all others to look at this.

Cons

I can't say there's anything I dislike. It fits our needs.

E2 has made us Better

Pros

E2 is a simple yet very powerful tool that has transitioned our company into a well organized and efficient team. The real time reporting and job tracking has enabled us to know exactly where we are at all times.

Cons

The only setback is the lack of ability to see financial statements daily without closing the books.

Very nice product

Pros

The software is very good and easy to use. All the features are very just amazing and great customer support.

Cons

There is no cons to this software from my side. I strongly recommend this product to use ....good job

This reviewer only left a rating

Commonwealth Tool was using multiple applications to track job costing, scheduling, routing and quoting. E2 was the only ERP solution we found to combine everyone’s work into a central system. You see, Commonwealth Tool does not typically operate in a production environment, and that is why we chose Shoptech. Most ERP programs are geared for production. While E2 does a very good job at this, it can also handle one-to-one products, which is what we needed. We are custom machine builders and each and every job is unique. The support from E2 has been outstanding and without wait times. The software is also easy to manage from an IT standpoint.

This reviewer only left a rating

E2 Software has been a very good thing for our business. We hopped around from accounting program to accounting program but was not able to track job costing or estimating. When we started to look for a manufacturing program we went to a software trade show and talked to the guys at the E2 booth. We became very interested in their product. After purchasing it, we went to a training session to learn about how to use it within our business. We now have been using it since 1998 and found it to be a very easy program to learn. The support is great and they always seem to answer my questions immediately. I will never change programs again.

Cons

AT FIRST WORKING ON E2 I WAS A LITTLE NERVOUS. AFTER THE EASE OF USE I WAS HAPPY

Pros

HOW EASY IT IS TO NAVIGATE THROUGH THE SYSTEM. HOW THE SYSTEM KEEPS UP WITH ALL THE MATERIAL AND STOCK.

Cons

IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE INVOICES AND/ORDERS YOU HAVE TO CLICK ALL THE WAY OUT AFTER EVERY ENTRY TO START THE NEXT ENTRY

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a small custom manufacture requiring quoting, manufacturing, and inventory tracking of numerous custom BOM's. We shopped/tested a variety of software solutions before purchasing. E2 Shop System was the closest "fit" for our needs and, as a bonus; it didn't cost $150,000 or more, which wouldn't work for us anyway! All the modules work together seamlessly, and we absolutely love the software across all users and departments. The customer support lines are knowledgeable, and usually able to assist on the first call. Any call backs needed are prompt. The help papers are written in an easy to understand manner.

E2 is all you need!

I would rate E2 a 10 star software. It's so easy to use, understand and reporting tells me just what I need. No glitches, competitive pricing and excellent customer service!

Pros

Ease of use, low pricing, excellent customer service.

Cons

No cons.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a custom Manufacturer of rubber washers and gaskets. We specialize in precision, tight tolerance work. We were looking for a new software to help us run our business more efficiently and accurately. We were using a system called SBT, which was outdated and took much more time to use. We updated to E2 in 2006; implementation took about 6 months to a year. The transition was pretty smooth. We have been happy with our move to E2. The customer service department is always great when ever we need help. They are knowledgeable and responsive. Our move to E2 has helped us become more efficient and accurate.

This reviewer only left a rating

Starbuck Machining Inc., is a job shop serving many different industries. Before E2, I used to pull 3 reports, labor, material cost, and sales; and then try to combine to get job costing. E2 Shop System software does it all for me now; I can see right away how we did on a job and can look at the time allotted to jobs while they are in process. With a job shop like ours, you have to know what your real cost are, and with E2 you can do that and so much more - quoting, backlog summary,employee time tracking; it's all there. E2 is a great system that I would highly recommend.

Nice Software to use for Small Scale Industry

Pros

Covers all aspects from Supply Chain, Inventory to Production& attendance records to Accounts Payable and Cheques. One stop

Cons

Scheduling is time consuming and not user friendly. Definitely needs to improve the scheduling engine in software.

E2 Shop System Review

This software is a life saver, I wish the graphics would be a little updated, but other than that it does exactly what it needs to and more. So far I have not found anything it cant do that I need. Very great product.

Pros

Does everything you need

Cons

Old style look

Robust software for buyers and manufacturing companies in general

Pros

I really like the way the features are distributing across the page, is simple to navigate and understand each layer of the process. The dashboard is good, reporting section among others. It is a good software to use.

Cons

The software is more than I need based on my processes and that is the reason for me to not keep using it.

E2 Shop System

Pros

Software will streamline and help you to run efficiently. The E2 staff is excellent to work with. The systems inventory control and job costing works very well. The quality module is also very helpful with complying to ISO standards. The scheduling module (whiteboard) works very well also.

Cons

The only item that is difficult is controlling partial shipments.