Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

Review Summary

Pros

One of its best features is it helps me streamline my payment. It's easy to use its great for invoicing, unit payouts and also reminders.

Akume E.

I highly recommend this software to anyone with a storage facility. It is a great time-saver, and provides excellent reports to help better manage our storage facility.

Tracy W.

Mark B.

Cons

At first I was nervous about getting involved with another software company after selling my business of which I purchased over 50000.00 in software and continual costly updates.

Don L.

I use to have to keep track of everything on a spreadsheet and I absolutely hated the self storage business. Now with the touch of a button I can do everything.

debra g.

Customer Service is terrible. The couple of questions that have been submitted, I've never received a response on.

Charity S.

Great service! Easy to use!

Pros

The software is perfectly designed to make running your storage business and keeping track of customers, units, and rent collection as easy as possible. You can print out statements or invoices, create notes related to payments or general important information about customers or units. You can create and print multiple reports related to earnings, occupancy, etc. You can create check batches or financial...

Cons

The website is pretty basic and not very attractive, but we have been more concerned with having a great management system, which we do have.

Best Value Available for Small Business Owners

ESS has transformed my business. Since I switched to ESS (along with the call center they offer), I have been able to purchase additional properties. I am no longer dealing with the issues I had from the previous software I used, not dealing with the day to day calls from customers, and now focusing on expanding my business.

Pros

The customer service is easily the biggest pro for ESS. I cannot speak highly enough about the level of support I get from the entire group regardless of the issues. The pricing is extremely competitive, and the website they put together is professional looking, interactive, and easily customizable. Excellent, excellent product.

Cons

No real major cons that I have found thus far. Software does everything I would like it to do. Would like to maybe see a few more customizable reports, such as the ability to do trailing 12 reports rather than just yearly revenue. The info is there and you can pull it, but would like to see a customizable field.

Easy Storage makes my work easier.

Adding their integrated gate soft-ware has saved hours of work for me in locking out tenants and then unlocking them. I can open and close the gates from any computer or my cellphone so I no-longer have to go to the property in the middle of the night to tend to them. It has made my life easier in a dozen ways and my customers love the added keypads.

Pros

This software is SO user friendly, I can train my employees to use it in an hour or less. I get quick service if I have problems or issues. They worked with me to ad features to the software to meet specific needs I had. I have service better than I have received from most other vendors I deal with. I can contact them by phone, email, or through the website.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about the software or the support I receive.

The best software for managing small to medium Self Storage Units

It enabled us to keep on top of delinquent payments like never before.

Pros

The ease of use and all the features that a small self storage operator needs. It has separate logins for sales people that gives them just what they need to take payments and contract new units. The automatic payments are a big time saver. The numerous reports tell you everything at a click of the mouse. The website allows people to rent a unit without ever calling us. I could go on and on, but all that you get for a low reasonable price is incredible.

Cons

Nothing. Any time I had a question that I couldn't solve with their online help and tutorials, they are always available by phone to help. You actually talk to a REAL PERSON.

Just As the Name Says

LOVE IT! Love the people that we get to work with if a problem arises. They're ALWAYS friendly and courteous and THEY answer the phone no waiting on hold forever!!! So much appreciate that!! That right there is THE MAIN reason we chose to do business with them!! Great Company!!

Pros

Everything! The ease of use, the design is simple and easy to follow, I love having it automatically backing up and being able to access it anywhere, it's perfect for a startup, small or large company! It does all that's necessary not a lot of bells and whistles just right to the point functions!

Cons

The accounting part of it takes a minute to figure out what you're seeing, would love for it to indicate on the receipts to the customer what month they're paid up to!

Very Positive Review for Storage Unit Software

We purchased this software about two years ago to help operate our storage company that has over 100 units. As we have several other companies, two of which are over 30 years old, we have had our share of software to either help run the actual company or to run our many pieces of equipment within the various companies. Although I have never given a recommendation about any software we purchased, I feel it is appropriate to say that this software has been absolutely perfect and that it works way beyond what we were expecting. One last comment. My staff has made a couple of minor recommendation to the software staff and they made the adjustments while on the phone.

Pros

Very powerful program. Very reasonable cost. Called three times in the past with questions and questions were answered immediately. They must never sleep.

Cons

No cons whatsoever.

I have found the software easy to learn and have had few problems.

Pros

ease of use pretty self explanatory The most recent update has made customer info more accessible.

Cons

cannot manually generate a text message to a customer For some reason our manager user name is the default user name for all customers so when I am on customer profile page I have to manually delete that info each and every time or I can't exit the screen.

Hey Melissa, Thank you so much for your review! We love having you guys as part of the Easy Storage family. We just wanted to let you know we're working on the ability to send a text message manually and should be releasing it soon! As far as your manager username displaying on the tenants profile we'd love to talk to you about that and see if we can help you resolve that issue. Thank you again for your review!

EasyStorage is a very user friendly software. I would recommend it to all storage facilities.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and is easy to manage. The menus are easy to navigate and they system is very easy to set up. The customer service behind easy storage is A+ quality and everyone I have spoken to is extra friendly and eager to help. They are also very good with updating the software to make it even more manageable and user friendly.

Cons

There are very few things I dislike. I wish they had an option under the customer's tab to select multiple customers that you wish to apply the same function. For example, if you were archiving customers and wanted to archive more than one at a time, it would be nice to have the ability to do it.

Fantastic Improvement

We bought this storage facility last year from my Father in Law. It was run on spread sheets and peachtree with a completely separate program for the gate. It was ridiculous. Once a month everything had to be turned over to the CPA to balance the books. (The costs of the CPA were upwards of $1000. a year if you include taxes) I was spending at least 20 hours a week on paperwork alone. Then there was...

Cons

Thank you for the review!

Perfect software for my small storage rental business, and the staff supportive after the sale

Pros

Extremely easy to set up and learn. Cloud based, so I am not tied to the office desk. Has many features that can be programmed to perform automatically, invoicing, late reminders, lockout out notices, etc help clerical staff stay on top of collections. Customers can manage their accounts online, make payments, or setup automated payments. Customers can view availability and rent storage units online. Easy Storage Solutions does their best to incorporate the software user suggestions in their latest updates. Communications with the support staff via chat, email & phone is simple and easy. I am glad that I was fortunate enough to have found the software.

Cons

Unable to think of anything that I don't like about Easy Storage Solutions software, it suits me just fine!

Excellent Option for Small Storage Facilities

Pros

The User Interface is easy to use with the site map. The functionality brings most of our reporting into one place. They have the best Customer Support I have experienced in any software I have had to use, and the updates to the manager access has made the software much more user friendly. Our tenants have communicated that the love the functionality they have from the tenant portal. The cost makes it feasible for a small facility to implement and manage their facility without costing to much.

Cons

The setup took a little while to get the map laid out properly. some of the functions take a little more of a learning curve than I feel should be expected. Some functions that are available through more expensive solutions are not available, but the cost is much better

This is just the right software for my small storage business.

I love the easy access and love how I can help walk customers through the payment options if they want to setup automatic payments, etc.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use and if I make a blunder I have support to help me through any software support needed. There are so many positive things about this software that I cannot think of any Cons. I have used this software since 2014 and back then I could have given you a few things that I did not like, but through the last couple years there have been some great improvements. Editing profiles has become so much easier when a customer needs a change in personal information.

The Best there is!

past due accounts stay more current and I do not have to keep calling the customers to remind them All in all, I love this software, I am glad I switched

Pros

This software is a blessing. I was using U-Haul when I took over and decided to find another software solution. I like that I can access everything from my cell phone and it works exactly like I am in front of my PC. My customers love the text reminders and on line payment. we did not have that ability with the previous software

Cons

I cannot send an individual text on demand when needed would like to save settings in revenue and collection reports ( Revenue, have the ability to save settings as a default on how I want the report displayed...grouped) also have the default start date listed as the current date instead of the 1st of the month. we do our reports daily. On the collections, would like to set a default to sort by days behind with the most behind at the top of the list

Set it and forget it technology

Pros

Once set up, the software requires very little effort to keep the site updated and working. Making changes to information is simple, and while we don't use all the functionality, none of the tools we don't use get in the way of using the ones we do use. The support is also fantastic - rarely does it take more than a single 15 minute call or quick email to have our issues resolved.

Cons

I could use a more customizable reporting format instead of using the predefined reports. We often have to merge the data from a couple reports into a single report to create the picture we need, but don't expect they could build reports for every business format, so a simple data export tool that allows user selection would save us a little time. Pretty minor though...

Outback Storage II

I am a new customer and this is the first month the software has been fully up and running. I am still learning how to use the system but the more I use it, the more I understand it. It took some time transferring my customer information into the software but that is to be expected.

Pros

The text and email invoices, as well as late notices being sent out automatically, are a plus. My previous program did not have that feature and it was not accessible through the internet. Having the credit card processor integrated into the software also saves me a lot of time. I am no longer making double entries.

Cons

I have customers who are confused by the invoices that are sent out. When setting up each customer you need to make sure you have all boxes checked (text, email, etc) because otherwise, you have to go into each individual account and check the corresponding boxes. Not a huge deal but somewhat time consuming.

Hi Becky, thanks for your review. There is actually a global setting that turns on all invoicing and email and text invoice reminders. Sorry you did not see that feature before you went in and edited the notification preferences on a tenant level.

Intuitive, Inexpensive, & Outstanding Support

Pros

Easy Storage Solutions is an intuitive, easy-to-use management system that our property implemented with minimal effort and training for our staff. It has changed our business in many, many ways such as reduced delinquencies, better inventory management, and revenue management. Having email and text messaging channels INCLUDED with the software at no additional cost is a huge add that we use regularly. Inquiries for support are almost always opened immediately and responses received within a couple hours.

Cons

There are some small challenges with data fields that we cannot edit such as number of days past due. The software does assume a due date of the 1st of the month, which we do not have so it presents some small barriers to full utilization of the functionality available. There is no user-level access so everyone has access to all information and reports. In facilities staffed like ours, that is a challenge because staff can see all overall financial activity.

Simple and Powerful

This is a software and support business that makes my business possible. Without Easy Storage I could not operate my business while being free to travel and enjoy my life the way I want to.

Pros

I compared various software solutions for self storage. This software was the simplest to set up, simpliest to understand, and cleanest to use. It lacks all the bells and whistles no one will really use but places the important functions right in front where you need them. I love the automation for the storage business.

Cons

The add on call center services save me tons of time. I also use the company for collection efforts.

Best thing I ever did. It makes my life so much easier.

I can do thing with this software in minutes that used to take me hours.

Pros

That I get to use it. So much easier than doing it all by hand. They have lots of support when it comes to using the software. Not only do they have a link that takes you to all sorts of questions and answers....but if I can't figure it out, they are so willing to fix it for me.

Cons

When I want to do a promotions....they can't get them by renting online. They have to call to get the promotion manually.

Hey Diana, Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate your kind words. We will be rolling out a way to do online promotions in the near future. Great Suggestion!

Truly the best for small business, love it.

Pros

I checked out about 20 different self-storage software products--it was overwhelming. I just wanted something easy to use for our smaller business (120 spaces), cheap, and that made credit card payments simple. Easy Storage Solutions is it! They have the cheapest flat rate for credit cards; I learned the system just by using it, no complex manuals needed; I get immediate friendly tech support pretty...

Cons

Not much. They've taken my past suggestions and added them to their list of ongoing improvements. The only thing I'd like to see that I haven't already suggested, is I would arrange the main screens a bit differently; I have some design ideas that I think would make it even easier.

user friendly, great support

easy to organize and control customers

Pros

easy to follow the billing , user friendly, easy for customers to use, fast return of payments good reports

Cons

does not reverse taxes when you credit an account. you cannot call on dates for reports. cannot pick out a number of invoices to pay , if they are not in order.

Hey Reg, thank you so much for your review, we appreciate it a ton! most reports have the ability to call back on certain dates, help us know what info you need an we can see if we can figure it out. We also are working on a feature to have the ability to pick out specific invoices to pay. Again thanks for you review we appreciate your feedback!

Using this software has taken my storage units to a new, higher level!

I can't say enough about this software. It helps me, it helps my customers, it's a win-win all the way around. I don't even take advantage of all the features they have at my disposal, but if I did it would boost my productivity even more. Gotta make some time to get into this some more!

Pros

Customers can use it with ease. It beats having to arrange times for meetings, as customers can see what is open, can take a drive by look, and make their decision. On line payments are a breeze and have boosted my receipts immensely!

Cons

I agree, the map making is a bit difficult, but not insurmountable. Just takes some time and patience.

Quick to get up and going

It is getting better as it goes, they are always adding new features and working hard to improve any issues. You can always call them and they will fix issue you are having on their end.

Pros

good customer service when you have no idea what you are doing or how to fix payments with customers

Cons

setting up accounts for customers is difficult for them, and hard for customers to figure out how to move out, or move to another storage unit that comes open. So basic navigate is difficult, for customers and we call regularly for help, as we do not see the tiny buttons either to move them out or to make a payment, etc..

Great, affordable software program for small storage units business owner.

We started out with 10 storage units, but when we expanded to 50, I knew it was time to get some outside help because Excel just wasn't cutting it. The things we love about this software: 1) our customers have their own accounts, so they can look at their information at any time, 2) our customers can pay online (this has been really helpful for our out-of-town customers), and 3) this software does the invoices for me (which saves me hours of work at the end of the month)!! Also, like that we can update from anywhere: our phone, laptops, tablets, anything with an internet connection. We can see easily which units are available or closed, whereas before someone had to check the Excel file at home. This software is a true blessing, and we are glad we switched over!!

Pros

1) online pay 2) makes invoices automatically 3) texts customers payment reminders 4) easy to access

Cons

I'd like to see an option, with a clear easy tab that show what money is being taken in and what money is being taken out each month. That would make my life easier!

Awesome customer service

I use it daily to manage 2 storage facilities and will soon be adding a third. This software makes it easy to keep everything we need in one place and not have to login to the other facilities separately. I feel like I'm a pretty experienced user with this software.

Pros

The best part is the exceptional customer service they provide if you have questions. With the ability to now have multiple facilities with 1 central login, it makes having more than 1 location a little easier.

Cons

Some of the reports don't provide the information needed. Also the mobile platform could use some adjustments.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Them!

Ease of: use, transferring of customer's records from a previous software, top notch customer service and portability of being able to access anywhere

Pros

How easy it is to use. We're all about keeping things simple and this product helps us stay true to task!

Cons

There's a couple of features I'd like to see a little more adaptable such as being able to set a few more parameters for some of the reports that allows us to print as well as offering a "to do" list capability for each unit that shows in their record as well as the task management system and which also allows us to print.