Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

4.8/5 (627 reviews)

John Rahrig

Reviewed 2013-09-07
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a 48 thousand square foot facility with over 400 units including outside storage. We have used QuickBooks for 17 years. Being "old school" we wrote payments on paper, gave copies to the bookkeeper and she posted payments to QuickBooks. We continually had posting errors, report errors. etc. Then the real nightmare happened. We lost 6 months worth of client payment history due to human error. We spent several months and thousands of dollars to rebuild the QuickBooks customer history. We decided then that we had outgrown QuickBooks and started looking for Web based software. Being very cautious, we spent the next 4 months talking to self storage companies. That is when we found Easy Storage Solutions and owners Jimmy and Ken. These men were so impressive and so knowledgeable, we were convinced that their software was the solution to our massive problem. Not being computer savvy, we needed something easy. Over the next several weeks/months Jimmy spent hours on the phone with us, patiently guiding us thru set up and transferring our customer base to the new software. The continued phone support we receive is fantastic. The system is so easy we no longer have a separate bookkeeper, we can do it ourselves! The reports in the software are all we need. Credit cards was another plus to the software, it does everything for you. We did not accept credit cards until we started Easy Storage Solutions. We now feel in control of the business records, with all the information we need at our fingertips. We could not be happier with Jimmy and his team, we put these men to the test with all the help we needed. Finally our bookkeeping problems are over, we will never have to worry about loosing customer information using Web based. We can with confidence recommend Easy Storage solutions for great software and customer support. Thanks for everything!

PJ Mullen

Good platform for remote management | Could use some work

Reviewed 2018-01-02
Review Source: Software Advice

They have a lot of experience an have a good start on what a good backend platform for storage units should be. I can't wait until they get there.

Pros
It was super easy to set up and the team behind it is great and very responsive. All I had to do was give them information and they set up practically everything for me

Cons
I wish the backend was cleaner and had more options (especially on the web design side). There are quite a few inconsistencies and things that don't make much sense. An example of inconsistency: when making a new customer, you must enter an email address for them in order to complete the form, but when automating the input with a .csv file, the email is NOT required. An example of nonsense: The navigation section under the page titles are a mess. When you're on the dashboard, it displays "HOME/REPORTS/DASHBOARD", why is it under reports, first of all? And second, when you click "HOME" it just brings you to the same page, so "HOME" and a myriad of other top-level links aren't accessible, or (more likely) the hierarchy isn't being properly represented in this navigation section. Maybe it's not supposed to be a navigation section, but more of a category section... But it looks and acts like a navigation section...

Jana Belliston

Works great for our needs

Reviewed 2017-03-07
Review Source: Software Advice

We took over a company that already had this software in place. We received very little, if any training, and it was easy to figure out and we keep discovering more and more reports available online that gives us invaluable information. They are consistently updating their program and trying to make things even better. They have been pretty good to answer our phone calls and get us the help we need in a timely manner also.

Pros
Easy of use and the cost.

Cons
The fact that you can't add and delete entries with whatever date you want. The date is always current, so you can't correct errors too easily without it looking a little confusing.

Steve Casey

Very Happy with Easy Storage Solutions

Reviewed 2016-02-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I used to use SiteLink. Good program but costly. A lot of bells and whistles I didn't really use or need. Then I switched to WebSelfStorage. The price was right but I found it difficult to use at times. It wasn't very intuitive and making certain corrections was nightmarish. I wanted to customize certain things but the option didn't exist. WSS only works well on Internet Explorer with a fairly long list of settings that had to be configured to make it work properly. Easy Storage Solutions works with any browser. Customer service was good and helpful but there were times when I felt I had to jump through too many hoops to accomplish the desired task. With Easy Storage Solutions, I find it much easier to accomplish tasks. Correcting mistakes and tailoring certain workings are much easier and more straight forward. I opted for a mobile-friendly website and now tenants can use their phone to manage their account and I can do anything on my phone that I can do on my desktop in the office. So far, I find it simple and easy enough to do everything I need to do to run the business. The learning curve has been very short compared to the previous systems I've used. Their customer service is excellent. I'm extremely satisfied with Easy Storage Solutions. In a nutshell, what I like best about Easy Storage Solutions: easy to use, works on any mobile device, great value, excellent customer service.

Cons
I haven't run into anything that doesn't meet my liking.

Storage Software

Reviewed 2019-04-24

It is a good software program and they do up date it several times a year.

Pros
Kept up with my customers storage payments and late fees. Provides me with billing reports lost revenues, availability to let me know of empty storage units, and customers on waiting list. The ability to let customers login to their accounts and rent and pay storage bill online. These are just a few things that this software does for me. It does a lot more.

Cons
Doesn't provide me with age trail balance that I'm used to.

Mitchell Pohl

Great service for the money

Reviewed 2018-01-26

Easy way to manage my biz...

Pros
Price point is rite on, and seems easy to use, very customizable, people are great to work with too.

Cons
What out! These guys are shady.... storage units near me is a good way to get ripped off. Read ALL the fine print.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hi Mitchell,
We're sorry for your confusion about that service. Easy Storage has had a lot of requests from our clients that wanted help finding potential tenants, so we (Easy Storage Solutions) started an opt-out service to list all facilities that use our software on our Nation Wide Search website called, "Storage Units Near Me" Storageunitsnearme.com.

We don't charge for leads, all leads are free, and if we can get them to convert into a rental we do just 50% of the first month's rent (this helps pay for the app/programming/overhead). no recurring charges. "Only pay for Results!"

We try to call them for you, rent it for you over the phone, or just have them reach out to you. We've already deleted your listing per your request, Most of our clients love it though because we can take care of everything to get a new rental. because this has been an "opt-out" feature we have been very flexible with the service and allowed refunds and cancels. Again we apologize for your co

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Tim Motter

Excellent solution for self service storage

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Easy of use, implementation, intuitive and well designed customer interface, and simple to manage.

Pros
We operate a small, 138 unit, self storage facility and Easy Self Storage goes a long way in automating many of the process steps we require. If you have a question, you reach a someone who works for ESS (not a call center) who can answer that question quickly.

Cons
ESS provides a package of offerings to complement the self storage software solution, but feels like there are different mini-companies operating together. It would be good to have these rolled under one operating structure to provide consistency. They are all good, but 'feels' different if that makes sense...

Anonymous

Very glad we switched and have been happy with the services provided.

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Pros
Easy to use software allows you to navigate thru the system quickly. Able to handle our large number of facilities. Website and software are linked and allow customers to see up to date information and access their accounts.

Cons
Limited capabilities in some areas, but anytime a suggestion is offered, they look into seeing if it can be implemented into their software.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thank you for the review. We're happy to take any suggestions from you and our clients to make our software better every day!

William Crawford

Great Company to work with.

Reviewed 2016-12-22

The representative and the entire team at Easy Storage Solutions are true professionals! They are always available and working to improve their product line. I recently added a fifth facility to their platform and will continue to work with them in the future. This is a perfect platform for a small business owner. I look forward to them improving the functionality to better support reporting for multi facility owners.

Pros
Web based - easy to use on phone.

Cons
Need more functionality for multi facility reporting.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thanks for your review, and your suggestions, William! We appreciate your business!

Don Ott

Truly a Godsend

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Pros
Simple, even for a computer dunce. It makes life so much easier for me as well as my customers. Invoicing, reminders, unit layouts, you name it. Had one customer who owns storage elsewhere that told me, as a consumer, he loved it, and how does he get this! Hooked him up with no reservation about it. I've enjoyed my usage of this product. And, the best part- it's helped me streamline my op and ensure I get the payments accurately!

Kelly Cooke

The software was easy to set-up and implement.

Reviewed 2018-01-27

Pros
It is easy for customers to rent a unit over their phone. It is also easy for me to make changes over my phone.

Cons
Cannot import to QuickBooks without using the web based platform. The financial reports are not as detailed as the ones we received from WSS. It would be nice to have a breakdown of revenue by unit type. The yearly report could provide a lot more detail. It would be nice if it had a unit breakdown, retail sales, and lost revenue. It always reverts the state back to Alabama...this is more of an annoyance. If you run a payment under the tenant it does not remember the last payment form used. However, it does when you run under the Dashboard.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hi Kelly! Thank you for giving us your feedback with specific suggestions on what would help the software work better for you!

Bonnie Burton

Using Easy Storage Solutions has increased our gross revenue by 8% without adding or changing fees.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
Customer support is very responsive. There is always a cheerful, helpful person to answer my questions. The software is easy to use and offers all the features I could ever think I'd need. We have increased our revenue by 8% after using it for just one year. Potential clients and existing tennants can now take care of lots of things on their own (like initiating a rental and paying their rent). I also love the waiting list feature. When I got ready to prepare the facility information for year end taxes, I was completely organized - thanks to the software.

Absolute "Must Have" for any Self Storage owner

Reviewed 2018-01-23

This software is my most valuable "employee", simply could not run my business without them.

Pros
I simply could not run my business without Easy Storage Solutions. The features and ease of use are ideal, service is exceptional and the team is constantly releasing updates to make the program more intuitive and improve functionality. Exceptional software at Any price....and affordable enough for even the smallest "Mom and Pop" operation.

Kevin Skramstad

Valley Storage

Reviewed 2019-03-18

I think mostly is the communication with our renters is the best. With good communication this covers any problems that may go for an extended length of time which costs money. Great for looking up the History, making a phone call and documenting it in there History so when you go back to that person you see exactly what you have done and/or sent. This is what I mean about communication, especially Iam the manager and the owner can look at anyones History and knows exactly what has been done.

Pros
From website to deposits with so many useable reports. The automation of email reminders that go out automatically. The late fees are automatic and can be tailored to anyones business. Going from pencil and paper to this software was simple and quick, 130 units and we were up and running in two weeks. Easy to comprehend the the common sense logic behind the software. The support is the best!! no dumb questions, one time she actually said. "There is no such thing as a dumb question these are learning moments" . That is the way anyone wants to be treated.

Cons
I can honestly say. I have not found anything. Any problem I have had there was always an answer.

Don Lasley

Good company for the money.

Reviewed 2019-04-24

At first I was nervous about getting involved with another software company after selling my business of which I purchased over 50000.00 in software and continual costly updates. Needles to say easy storage solutions has worked very well for me as in labor cost and accounting along with ease of use.

Pros
The ease of use, no employees needed, it seems to be updated regularly.

Cons
At first the company was hard to get issues resolved but that seems to have improved, such as phone calls.

Buddy Fortenberry

Happy Camper

Reviewed 2018-10-18

Since I am not very tech savvy, I found the software very friendly. Any time I have a question the solution is only a phone call away.

Pros
After being totally frustrated and staying confused when I began to manage/own my first facility using Quick Books software The interduction to Easy Storage Solutions was a gift from Heaven. I found it extremely user friendly as a senior adult.

Cons
Sometimes it is difficult figuring out who I should talk with to solve my problem or question when dealing with several services I am signed up with. Example, software, website, marketing, Google, etc.

Larry Ostrander

Very Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-05-11

I looked at a lot of different programs when we were starting our 1st storage facility. Everyone was very expensive and did not provide online renting. Start up expensive and ongoing also costly. We were up and running very quickly and integration to processor and gate was an ease.

Pros
The software is very quick to learn. Our customers comment on how easy it is to rent online.

Cons
No clear way to put recommendation in Que for changes that would enhance program

Faith Szafranski

Very happy with this software and with the excellent support team.

Reviewed 2018-02-03

Pros
Easy to learn and to use. Very logical user interface. Great search features to quicky get to customer accounts. Easy to train employees on the software. Also love that the Easy Storage software team listens to feedback and continually improves the software by tweaking features and adding new features. Great value!

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thanks, Faith! Let us know if you have any issues by calling our support line at 888-958-5967.

DOnald Nailor

This is the most helpful software I have ever used!

Reviewed 2018-07-17

All my info is in one place and I don't have to worry about losing it.

Pros
It keeps all the data and payments so you don't have to worry about losing your info and also the tenants can pay on line, rent on line, taking credit cards is a very big plus!

Cons
That we didn't have it years ago, I have no issues with the program, the customer service team always helps me out with any problem or questions I might have.

Hope Jacobson

Easy Storage Solutions, not so easy

Reviewed 2019-05-15

It's been a rough ride but finally getting the hang of it. Also ESS is constantly improving, taking advice from their customers.

Pros
The thing that I like most about Easy Storage Solutions is the layout of the software is fairly easy to read, legible. Also, I like to the customer service is team is knowledgeable. They are there to help solve problems.

Cons
The least thing that I like about Easy Storage Solutions is that their customer service is only available Monday-Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 MST Saturday: Closed Sunday: Closed. I'm located in California. Also, something else I dislike is when making notes under individual notes, you have to make sure to click on create note or it they do not save, and notes can be deleted, once saved,(forever) by anyone.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hello Hope!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate knowing what we are doing well and how we can improve. We wouldn't be where we are without the valuable feedback each of our customers provide!

Thanks again!

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Dorothy Hunt

Happy Customer

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Pros
It is so easy to use. To make payments, add new customer, anything you do is very easy. It is one of the easiest programs that I have used in the Mini Storage Industry. Everything that you need to know about your customer is right there.

Cons
You are not notified when they make changes to software. A email would be nice. Other then that, I like everything.

Doug Dysert

I love easy storage solutions

Reviewed 2019-01-07

The crew at Easy Storage Solutions has always been there for me. They are easy to work with and love to work hard. The software, the staff and the entire suite of services are everything you need.!

Pros
This is a great company. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I have been impressed with the customer service.

Cons
Have I told you there was something I didn’t like about this company I would be lying.

debra gray

SELF STORAGE REVIEW

Reviewed 2019-05-01

I have been using this software since 2014. It has been a lifesaver for me. I have a job and I can do it from my job. I use to have to keep track of everything on a spreadsheet and I absolutely hated the self storage business. Now with the touch of a button I can do everything. Thank you so much!!!

Pros
That i can do it from anywhere. It doesn't tie me to an office.

Cons
I can't think of anything really. I just really love it!

Xanning Tyler

Easy Storage Solutions has made managing our business so much easier!

Reviewed 2017-10-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Everything is laid out so nicely and the website is easy to navigate through. There are so many options to customize things exactly to how you want your business to run.

Cons
I really don't have any complaints about this product. It has helped so much as tenants are able to rent online and make monthly payments. I do wish that there was a way to get notifications on our phones when a new unit has been rented. I also wish that the payment center business was a little more fluid in how it worked with Easy Storage Solutions.

Dawn LaFlamme

So easy to use!

Reviewed 2019-04-24

We were paper-and-pen before we installed this and it's completely updated our operation. We are able to manage regular storage, portable storage and a seasonal heated storage building all from one platform. I've installed this at our second facility and it's working well there too. Our customers LOVE the text messaging, online payment and autopay features.

Pros
It's allowed us to get a MUCH better handle on our business. Occupancy, trends, communication with customers, every aspect of our operation.

Cons
We had to re-think some of our operation. We were customer-based and the software is unit-based.