Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

4.8/5 (627 reviews)

Sharon K

Very good software

Reviewed 2019-05-03

Self storage is easy to use, does quite a bit and the customer service reps are knowledgeable

Pros
Itself storage is easy to use even from the first day!

Cons
What I like least are some of the Payroll fees

Matthew Turcotte

Excellent software

Reviewed 2019-04-24

Pros
The tech support has always been helpful and new features are added constantly.

Cons
I wish the software was compatible with Sparefoot. Currently we have to manually reconcile.

Bonnie Burton

My Storage Facility has Now Entered the 21st Century!

Reviewed 2016-10-04

For 18 years, my in-laws have successfully run their mini-storage facility but they've done things the old-fashioned way with paper/pencil/rubber bands/paperclips. A few months ago, they asked my husband and I to take over the management of the facility. After doing the first billing cycle, I said THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY! I found Easy Storage Solutions by doing a Google search and I knew I had the answer. This past month, I finished entering in my tenants information, facility information and completed the first billing cycle. Yay! Yay! Yay! We now have a beautiful, interactive website, help with answering the phone, awesome credit card processing rates and the best customer service imaginable. I am the biggest fan of Easy Storage Solutions!!!!

Pros
easy to use tenants can review account history and make payments online new tenants can rent online - do it yourself awesome customer service

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thanks for the review, Bonnie!

Anne Burau

Fast, Simple, Good quality, Affordable

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Keeps my business organized, lets my clients make payments easily and safely online.

Pros
I love that it's easy to use, fast to run reports, easy for our clients to use, and super affordable!

David Bohn

Very satisfied.

Reviewed 2016-05-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I run a small, 30 unit self-storage facility; I did all of the web setup myself, and I maintain all of the online presence, invoicing, collections, etc by myself. The user interface was very straightforward, and daily/monthly web operations are easy and very functional.

Cons
I have no complaints; my rep at Easy Storage has always been responsive and helpful.

Tommy Townsend

Great Time Saver

Reviewed 2019-05-01

They have been great to work with and setup by them was great.I can now take a look and get real time info on the facility.

Pros
This has saved SO much time processing and absolutely organized the facility into an easy to read report.

Cons
Would like some of the tab options have more “layman’s” names like “Collections” should just be “Past Due” etc

Anonymous

Software

Reviewed 2019-05-01

It has made my managing the storage units so much easier.

Pros
They are continually making it better and easier.

Cons
I don't know that there is anything that I don't like about it.

Kelly Bougalis

When I call I get immediate assistance

Reviewed 2018-01-26

Pros
a lot of different functions available - is there a mobile app

Cons
I think some "functions" could be simplified. Possibly some input from actual Users would be helpful.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

CRAIG SCHOLZ

I use it all the time, great time saver. There are a few activities that are difficult to use.

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Pros
I can easily keep track of monthly activities and customer who fall behind. It gives my customers multiple options for paying, it's always nice to have options.

Cons
Always have trouble with locking out, and unlocking out, cannot void payments once paid by accident by the customer. Making payments with a customer supplied check is now a couple mouse clicks and screens, should be one click once I get the customer pulled up.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hi Craig! Thank you for your feedback! We would love to help you with the issues you are having. Give us a call sometime!

Margaret Bartell

We are so glad we switched to Easy Storage Solutions!

Reviewed 2018-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Great customer service. Mobile device access and online bill pay. No system glitches. Good price. We switched from a larger, cloud based program and are very happy with what Easy Storage Solutions has provided!

Cons
Easy Storage Solutions keeps things pretty simple and as such, we sacrificed a few bells and whistles in making this switch. There are fewer reports available and some features that we enjoyed with a more expensive (but somewhat less reliable) software company.

Jonathan Bohot

I've been a customer for almost 5 years. Very useful software.

Reviewed 2017-12-28

Pros
ESS is always improving their software. Very proactive. Every time I email them with a question, I get a response back promptly. I've used it for 4 years

Chris Phillips

Excellent software for our operation accompanied by great customer support.

Reviewed 2018-01-24

Pros
Simple and geared to small operators. Web based management software is key for a small operation allowing owner/manager to deal with customers from anywhere.

Cons
Could have better mobile layout of software from management side. Would like more customization with lease agreement, document templates, and placeholders.

Tammy Paterson

Works wells

Reviewed 2019-05-01

Pros
I like to be able to access the information from any computer

Cons
There are a few more features I would like to see, like be able to refund inventory

Kelly Cummins

Disappointing

Reviewed 2018-07-14
Review Source: Software Advice

I do not recommend this company. However, it is slightly better than our previous home-grown system.

Pros
The map of units is the best feature and is very useful. The system has a lot of functionality, although we don't use much of it.

Cons
The invoices are confusing to clients. When I signed up, they specified that I could export my data at any time. This turned out to be untrue - I have since asked for my data and they do not make it available, making it difficult to change providers. They frequently make unwanted and poorly planned updates to the functionality (one update basically reset our external-facing website with no prior notice, but luckily I don't use the external facing website because the user interface is not very user-friendly and I am embarrassed to give clients access to it). You can only use one credit card processor.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Sarah Lewis

Not so easy to make modifications

Reviewed 2017-01-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I love everything about this product, except that I can't easily modify the sizes of the units for the sitemap for it to be in proportion to our actual units (i.e. 10'x20' = 5"x10") You can modify the sizes, it just takes far too long, and they're never exact. Also, the "website" (I use that loosely) they give you is pretty bland. I haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping things can be modified to meet our company's needs like the color, layout and/or font. However, it does what I need it to do, plus more. Overall I am very very satisfied.

Pros
Ease of use and data entry.

Cons
I can't easily modify the sizes of the units for the sitemap for it to be in proportion to our actual units (i.e. 10'x20' = 5"x10"). The website is bland.

Response from Jimmy

Hi Sarah, customizing the "birds-eye" view of the unit map can be challenging at times to get the edges to line up. We are happy to do that for you if you find it to be difficult. Also, please let us know what we can d to spruce up your website, we are happy to help in any way.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Brad Bush

Transparency

Reviewed 2019-04-24

Doing away with staff

Pros
Ease of use for owners and customers alike

Cons
Reports terminology, find it confusing but could be a Usa / Australian thing??

John Woodcock

Just an overall great program.

Reviewed 2018-01-24

Makes my life easier!!!

Pros
Mobile access is very handy. No matter where I'm at I can access my tenants and also do all the setup while I'm on the go.

Bill Seavey

Great easy to use software

Reviewed 2019-05-01

So far it has been great

Pros
Easy to use and very quick to learn how to use all it features

Cons
Kind of tricky to draw units on the website map.

Anonymous

Overall Great Product!

Reviewed 2019-05-01

Pros
Everything! Easy to use and all the information I need is at my fingertips.

Cons
The setup. Very long and tedious but worth it in the end.

Shawn Worman

U-Pile-It Self Storage

Reviewed 2019-04-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to work with and very attentive to questions during the setup process. I admit there was anxiety about loading everything, but they made it SO MUCH EASIER than I expected. I figured the site map and unit layout would be difficult, but it went so much better than anticipated. The setup folks pretty much took care of all the heavy lifting and I just had to assign the customers to the units.

Pros
We went from mailed in payments and manual contract writing to this software and it was a game changer. My time spent with paperwork and checks has decreased a great deal and continues to get better as more tenants enroll in the online program. The ability for customers to go online and rent and see what is available is great. I highly encourage this program. I love how much easier it has made things for us.

Cons
Nothing to add here. I like everything about it.

Liza Gonzalez

Reviewed 2019-09-07

We have great response to paying online. Most of our payments are auto pays. It takes less time in office, to update.

Pros
It's very easy to learn. Also the support, I call or message and can get walked through the solution at the same time I'm learning. I explore the software when I can.

Cons
Wish there was a way I could create my own type of reports. My boss wants certain details and not others.

John Sjogren

User

Reviewed 2019-05-02

It makes our daily activities run smoothly.

Pros
The automated process saves me a lot of time.

Cons
There is nothing I don't like about this software.

Hilda & Keith Koeller

Searched for several months and landed on ESS, best find!

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Pros
The software is easy to use and once you get used to the data entry it was pretty smooth to get things set up. We like the assistance given to us by all ESS people and any questions you have they are more than willing to answer. We had Tredds software in place when we purchased our business but am very please we made the choice to move to ESS. The additional website assistance and maintenance is great. My tenants have raved about the website and the ease of having more payment choices. It was the best decision we have made besides buy the business itself.

Cons
There is not any cons with the software once you get used to using it. it gets easier to manage every time. Take the time to play around and find out how things work and call ESS if you have any questions.

Faith Szafranski

Excellent Value & Easy to Use

Reviewed 2016-01-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The Easy Storage Solutions software is very intuitive and easy to learn. They offer features, like Recurring Payments and Online Payments which help the self-storage owner streamline the rent collection process. Their support has been excellent as well. I decided to try this software for my second self-storage facility and liked it so much, I almost immediately converted my other facility over to it as well. The invoicing process is easy and straight forward, as is moving customers in and out of units, and taking payments--so basically the tasks that are done repeatedly are all easy and intuitive.

Cons
No downside about the vendor that I've seen. They have been very responsive and supportive. There are only a couple things about the software that I'm not crazy about. One would be that a lot of the reports, and receipts, are generated in landscape view, which is not standard practice or ideal from my perspective. The other would be that customer address info is a bit buried and takes longer to get to than I'd like. Would be better if it were more readily visible.

Rebecca Longhurst

I have had exceptional support help through the conversion of our old software to the EZ software.

Reviewed 2017-07-07

It is easy to use, has automated features that save time and money.

Pros
I like that it automatically sends out notifications to my customers and that we can do certified emails through the software, rather than paying to use RPost or going to the post office.

Cons
I wish there were more specific reports, but we can make due with the reports they offer. For example, I used to have a report showing customers who were 30/60/90 days late, but now I can only see who is late and how much they owe. It isn't broken down to who is three, two or one month behind.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Hi Rebecca, thanks for the reviews! Concerning your comments about the reports we do offer these services in our software. If you go into your collections report you'll be able to sort them by 'days behind'. Just type in 30-90 in both of the boxes and you'll be able to sort them! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!