All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

ecomdash

Multichannel inventory & sales order management web software

ecomdash Reviews

Pros

They respond quickly, the schedule a call feature is really nice, and everyone of the support staff I have dealt with have been very helpful and supportive.

John M. W.

Read the full review
You get all the features from day 1 and you don't have to spend all your profits to get a good system. The company is innovative and always adding new features and improving ease of use.

Jason B.

Read the full review
Works with Quickbooks online. Perfect for a small operation to help with listing to multiple marketplaces and some major shopping carts, helps with order processing and shipping.

Read the full review

Cons

I don't have have time for that. Waste my time for your failure to have a properly functioning integration...uh no.

Cynthia C.

Read the full review
Over complicated, clunky interface which does not take the stress out of running an online business; only adding to it. I found Customer Services to be unhelpful as soon as I had a problem.

Jason M.

Read the full review
When you need to manually edit 100 products and you have to spend over an hour just in page load times it kills your productivity.

Ryan J.

Read the full review

Highly capable with a learning curve

Ecomdash has allowed our business to expand as we sell online B2C, B2B, brick-and-mortar, and at mobile locations. No other software handles this for us like ecomdash can.

Pros

Ecomdash handles multi-channel inventory is a more comprehensive and flexible way than any other software we’ve tried.

Cons

The software is so capable that it also has a huge learning curve (we’ve been at it several years and still learn new things), and the interface isn’t very modern, nor is it mobile-friendly.

Best inventory software

Great experience

Pros

Syncs all our websites super easily. Great customer support.

Cons

They don’t always implement the things that people request.

Hi Kyle, Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! Our team will be happy to hear you've had a great experience. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you grow your ecommerce business.

TOO MANY CHANGES!

We loved it when it first came out. Now it is becoming a burden with all the big changes and bugs introduced at each change. Also, some of the changes seem to make no sense, such as when you view your products, you select All Products from the dropdown.. But Wait! you are not looking at ALL products. You have to select Show All to see ALL products. The interface used to be a lot cleaner and intuitive but now is a jumbled up mess. You can't do all things to a product from one place any more. You have to jump around too much. And no phone support! You would think that a company owned by Constant Contact would at least have SOME phone support. Chat and email takes far too long and too many sessions to fix problems. If I can find a reasonable alternative, we may have to leave.

Pros

The fact that it integrates much of what a small multichannel business needs.

Cons

When we first started with Ecomdash almost 10 years ago, they were just getting started. They were eager to hear from users and were very responsive to problems. As time went on, more problems seemed to show up and "features" that made working with it more difficult started showing up. Now, seems like every "update" comes with a major bug that takes multiple chat sessions to resolve. Also, it seems that no one working there has ever actually started and run a small business based on some of the decisions they made. For example, they can't see the need for a "Paid" invoice to send our commercial customers!

Dear Paul, Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear such a long-term customer having this frustrating experience, but really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We've sent your feedback to our product development team. Someone from our customer success team will be contacting you shortly to learn more about your experience and to discuss the various changes we've made. We'd love to make things right if you give us another chance. Thanks, Ecomdash

Love it!

Wonderful

Pros

Syncing my two store fronts, inventory was a challenge to keep correct across the board. Now its on the money!

Cons

Nothing really, im not computer savvy and I been able to get it all going with some halp from support!

Hi Peter, Thanks so much for your positive feedback! We work hard to make it easier for customers like yourself to run their online store, so our team will be happy to hear you've had a great experience. We look forward to helping you continue to grow your ecommerce business. Thanks again, Ecomdash

Annual plans are misleading - proceed with caution

Overall it's a decent piece of software but it does have several issues that make it hard to figure out exactly what is going on sometimes with your business. The reporting is clunky and not customizable and some other features are dangerous if you rely on them but don't realize that the data may not be the whole picture like you think. Annual billing is misleading; The annual billing cost will be renewed, without warning, once you exceed the number of orders for the year. So if you sign up for the 100 orders/month annual plan and you use 1,200 order in 2 months then you'll be charged the annual price every two months, even though you'd pay far less than that by just paying monthly. So buyer beware!

Pros

The software does a lot as far as multi-channel management. It's pretty easy to add new sales channels and then have it manage your inventories and listings. It's also very nice to be able to set up multiple warehouses and even have Amazon FBA fulfill listings for other channels.

Cons

It still has some bugs. Be very careful when you download listings because it can create MCF listings inside of Amazon and you won't even know about it unless you go to Amazon and go to each of your products. Ecomdash doesn't notify you or have any way to tell that this listing creation happened. After talking with the support team it appears to be a bug and this can have huge implications for your...

False Claims On Features Provided

Frustrating, after 6 months of being told change different setting and being passed around customer service representatives we were told the features we signed up for could not actually be provided.

Pros

None, I regret that we have put in the time that we have to try to get this software to perform as advertised.

Cons

The features listed on their website are misleading and can not be provided as outlined. Customer service is nothing short of terrible when help is needed the most.

Hi Shaun, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear that the app didn't meet your expectations and apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced. Someone from our team will be contacting you shortly to learn more about these issues. We'd love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Almost Good

Considering that even though they state that they support woocommerce they really do not it is more of a try it and if it works okay and if it doesn't oh well it is your fault. lol what a crap way to run a business.

Pros

What I like most was being able to post items to different marketplaces.

Cons

This software failed repeatedly to post to woocommerce, and there support which is timely and round the clock but this is one problem they did not really try to solve. They said it was on my end, however Sellbrite & Sellerchamp have no problems posting to my woocommerce store. I really hated how their tech support is almost there for you but then not really.

Ecomdash for Inventory Managment

We used to spend hours looking for things because we just had too many items to try to keep track of without some sort of structure. We tried to do something on our own, but we had a huge problem with consistency. Ecomdash took all of the mystification out of inventory management. It's very straight forward and easy to understand.

Pros

I was really looking for inventory management software as I was having trouble keeping track of eBay inventory in three different warehouses. This software really fixed that problem for us. I'm also considering branching out to other channels soon and I'm convinced this is program will work well for that too.

Cons

The integration was difficult, but that was my fault. We had been using eBay's Custom Label field for item location. I realize now that I should have downloaded that data and cleared the field before I started. If I would have contacted Customer Service early on, I'm sure it would have been seamless transition. I don't expect to get good "Help Desk" service, but Ecomdash's customer service has been the best. Friendly, easy to understand, and technically adept.

Hi Stephen, Thanks so much for your positive feedback. Our team works hard to prioritize customer experience and satisfaction, so they'll be happy to hear your kind words. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you continue to grow your online business.

ecomdash has allowed me to sell more of my work on more sales channels with less effort.

For anyone who sells on multiple sales channels this product is invaluable.

Pros

That it is integrated with all the sales channels I use--eBay, Etsy, Shopify, and Amazon, and as I grow I may expand to others. Customer service is responsive and they offer a LOT for an economical price. I'm a lapidary artist and make one of a kind gemstone focal beads and it's just me and a half time office assistant. I couldn't possibly manage selling on all these channels at once without a service like ecomdash. I've sold on eBay for 18 years, Etsy for 8 years, Shopify for 1+ year, and on Amazon for 2 months. Amanzon has suddenly become my biggest and best market! Ecomdash lets me try new sales channels with minimal effort while keeping track of inventory.

Cons

There have been numerous challenges with integrating my Etsy listings and there have been multiple times over the last year when I have sold an item on another channel and it was not deleted from my Etsy channel. This rarely happens with the other channels but Etsy has had repeated problems. I'm not sure if the difficulties come from Etsy or what, but ecomdash tech support always comes through with a fix in the end. I understand that these platforms are always changing so a service like ecomdash has to play catch up when these issues occur. They're also dependent on their users pointing out the problems as they arrive and they do their best to fix them prompty.

for the price you can't beat it, but it lacks speed and ease of use

Pros

There are a lot of features in this app- it has tons of marketplaces integrations although not totally integrated. for the price, there is nothing like it out there - although many other companies are now offering what they do. Two years ago there was no low cost alternative like they had.

Cons

Marketplace integrations are not what they seem. Pushing the data to the integration and displaying the data, rather than interacting with the data is still considered an integration. We have multiple sources of warehouses and haven't been able to straighten it out with their team on implementing / combining the same sku across multiple vendors.

Cheap But Limited

Unfortunately, Ecomdash ripped me off with some custom development: One limitation with Ecomdash is that they don't have a print driver, and cannot print directly to a printer. Instead, you can download .pdf files, and then print them. Unfortunately, Ecomdash generates an 8.5" x 11" .pdf page size for everything, even product barcodes. This means that we can't print barcodes on our 3" x 1" barcode...

Pros

Easy to use and implement. We use it primarily to sync inventory with our online sales channels. We operate many sales channels, and most other companies charge by the number of sales channels. Ecomdash has a flat fee which was more cost competitive for our needs.

Cons

It's slow and the features are limited; but you get what you pay for. We still have to use other systems, such as Shipstation, because we don't like the listing or shipping functions.

Hi David, Thank you for providing your feedback. We're glad to hear that our app was suitable for your business, however we're very sorry that you've had a frustrating experience regarding your custom development request. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. Someone from our team will be contacting you soon to learn more about the issue and we'd love the opportunity to make things right if you give us another chance. Thanks, Ecomdash

The Most Affordable and Reliable Inventory Sync Software for eBay, Amazon, and Website Businesses

Pros

Once you understand the logic of the software it is excellent. We actually like that we can make changes at the marketplace, and simply have Ecomdash import the revised listing changes. When using other platforms we found that making changes on marketplaces directly would sometimes break the functionality between the two platforms. Not so with Ecomdash. It has fabulous import/export features for...

Cons

There are a few minor integration things that are missing. Such as a few eBay options we can't select. There are a few marketplaces we would like to list to that they are not integrated with. It would be nice if they had 24/7 Support. But not a big deal.

Great Program with Definite Limitations

First of all, Ecomdash is the absolute best value out there if you sell on the marketplaces they cover. And I have evaluated 6-7 platforms in depth. That being said, it has some real shortcomings. The Pros: Great Customer support, easy to use, efficient and logical back-end, clean user interface and it works without glitches. Documentation is thorough and well-written. If you are good with spreadsheets,...

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

Very good at keeping my inventory in sync across selling channels

Pros

ecomdash is great for my business, because I have been enjoying using ShipStation and I needed a system to keep my channels in sync, without adding a lot of activity to my work flow. It doesn't need to integrate into ShipStation. It will work along side of ShipStation, doing it's job, while letting ShipStation do it's job of handling the shipping. The people at ecomdash are friendly and helpful. Support is quick to get back to you and they don't mind getting on the phone to help you out.

Cons

The UI isn't currently state of the art, but it isn't overly difficult to deal with. I've been making suggestions and they are willing to listen. If their UI designer/developer can up their game, they can trump the others that I've used (and gave up on), because I have yet to see a super easy to use UI in this particular service niche. It's a bit new, and there are vestiges of certain very niche...

Great for the price point

For the money, this is good value. We recommend you have a strong vision for how you want your system set up and have prior experience using such a system. We don't get much value out of the listings upload capability to our multi channels. However, we don't want to spend our time manually reconciling inventory each day. This takes the worry out of it once it's set up. Be patient and eventually you'll be on auto-pilot. Do difficult or new work during business hours so you can chat or call for help.

Pros

It has inventory management for multiple channels and a PO system to track COGS ordered and received. Multiple warehousing is available and we use it. Very nice to sign up and then get 3 months free - it takes that much time to set up if you do volume and have multiple channels. We have tried other vendors and a 90 day setup period is perfect for the user - but not offered as standard in the market. We may have left during the period but knowing that we weren't being charged it was easier to just work through things and get set up without the pressure of paying for double systems during the transition.

Cons

Support is only available during business hours, and often they are not online for chat. When you do get them, depending on whom you speak/text/email with, our experiences have ranged from outstanding to terrible. Some reps struggle to understand the question and don't confirm (like they have not used an inventory system in addition to not being able to understand their own system to answer questions....

Excellent Program for Managing Multiple Storefronts

We had several storefronts up and running when we found ecomdash. One could not be directly linked to ecomdash but we managed to connect through ShipStation with manual uploads from the storefront. We went through several iterations to eliminate double entries of orders but the support staff patiently worked with us to resolve all the issues. Every time something comes up we get responses same day or next day. Sometimes chat, sometimes email but always promptly and courteously. We have tried other programs but none can measure up to the features and support we have with ecomdash.

Pros

If you only use ecomdash to synchronize inventories among online storefronts, it is the best money you will spend. But ecomdash is much more than an inventory management program. There are also well designed modules for listing management, order management, and reports. At a glance you will be able to see which products are listed on each of you storefronts and which are not. Pending and on-hold orders are readily viewed and those with problems are highlighted. Reordering inventory is simple whether by supplier or for all items meeting your predetermined reorder point. There are so many valuable features to ecomdash you will always check it first.

Cons

There is a learning curve to ecomdash. There are so many bells and whistles that it takes awhile to get the feel for the logic. The process for listing new products on various storefronts needs work but some of the limitations are created by the storefronts themselves. Example: to list on Amazon you must already have an ASIN so you must create the basic listing on Amazon. Otherwise you are limited to tagging on someone else's existing listing.

Incredible Inventory Management Software

Pros

The software is fantastic. You're able to manage all of your inventory across all your channels in one location. Before ecomdash, we kept track of our inventory manually in excel and used different software to list to the different channels - it was a nightmare! Now we can list to all of our channels from one software and our inventory is synched across the board. And in addition to synching, you have...

Cons

Like any software, there is a learning curve and it's taken me a bit of time to work out my system for listing product across the channels, but any time I have a question the support staff are right there to help me out. We sell a lot of one of a kind items and in previous software I pretty much created a listing at a time. In ecomdash, it's much faster to upload your data via csv file. Part of the learning curve is there are so many features that our previous software didn't have, so I'm learning how best to utilize them.

Ecomdash makes it easier to sell online

I've been using Ecomdash since they were just getting up and running. They have done so many upgrades and made the software better and better. Their customer service has been great and very responsive. The price of the software is easily justifiable since they monitor all of my inventory, manage my orders and let me list to multiple online selling venues all in one system. As they have grown, their up-time has been incredible.

Pros

Cross list inventory on multiple selling platforms. Love the fact that when an order comes in from a selling venue, Ecomdash stops all of the listings on other platforms without me having to watch it. Ability to print shipping labels for orders. Ability to manage my inventory locations. Ability to upload my listing info via a CSV file.

Cons

I don't have any cons, more like a wish list. I would like it if they would list / monitor Poshmark. I would like to be able to customize the reports.

So close to being awesome

Look, if you understand what marketplaces need to have listings post and all you need is basic inventory control, this is a 5 star product. I hover between 3 and 4 stars because there are glitches involved in the listing creation process and when you ask support for something, they take forever and repeatedly ask questions you have already answered. Inventory control and ease of use in that respect...

Pros

Easy to handle sku differences across selling channels Excellent organization of inventory Purchase Orders are easy to make Best value for the money

Cons

Support is deplorable when you have an issue - Issues can take weeks to be answered and sometimes are still not answered properly - Not yet capable of posting new products to Amazon (You have to upload yourself and then download inventory into ecomdash) - Tedious creation of product groups (size/ color variations) which only post on eBay and Shopify (and supposedly Walmart but so far not successful with that despite asking for support over a week ago)

We have been using Ecomdash for a few months and are still in the development stage. So far so good.

Pros

Price point compared to competitors. Ability to tie into other marketplaces. APIs that support automation. We can leverage our USPS account with Commercial Plus pricing through Endicia. The platform has the ability to manage multiple marketplaces in a relatively intuitive fashion. In theory, it will support the Mandrill plug in for delayed emails to customers. We have not gotten this functional yet....

Cons

GUI does not give very much control over the sorting of orders. Therefore it is not as efficient as it could be. There are performance lags where the user is waiting for the GUI to catch up after a click (this has been recently improved to some degree). Printing labels does not support direct to the label printer. Therefore it pops up in a pdf and then you print from there. This slows down the process...

Ecomdash - Stellar Support and Response

Pros

Compared to other software experiences we had, ecomdash software actually does what they say it will do, simply put "It Works" and the customer service is supreme. One thing in particular about this company I like, is they listen to their customer's suggestions. I can't tell you how many times I have made suggestions only to see them studied and placed into the software. Most other companies don't or can't do that, ecomdash excels in that area.

Cons

I don't know that I can honestly come up with anything I like least about this product, or the vendor. It is to do a specific purpose and it does it well. I suppose IF I had to choose a least liked aspect, it would be the idle time out. Not that it isn't plenty long before time out and requiring the password to unlock it I just like to walk off for a bit and get some coffee, well you know. (note you don't have to re-logon in with user name and password, you just unlock it with the password). Truthfully I would not take away the idle timeout at all, it is there to protect my account. I just need to take a bit shorter coffee break :)

Very powerful, but not as intuitive as it should be.

It is very frustrating and confusing at first, since very little is intuitive. The BigCommerce sales channel had to be adjusted by the support staff on their end to make it work (and, of course, this is something you have to find out by complaining to support that it doesn't work! If a "contact us to finalize the BigCommerce settings" note was on the web site, it would have been much less frustrating.) Support woman [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is terrific. The other person I interacted with, much less so. (Terse and distracted. The first time I had him, I felt like I was interrupting his lunch or something and every reply was slow and grudging. I've had him again since, though, and he was better. Just don't try to chat with him at lunch time!)

Pros

It integrates inventory management with multiple sales channels. I like being able to sync my BigCommerce store Amazon, eBay, and several others all at the same time.

Cons

It can be glacially slow. An update made it faster, but it's still much slower than (to pick a competitor) Inkfrog. I'm still deciding if I want to stick with Ecomdash, but I probably will. It has a steep learning curve, but gets easier as you figure things out. And it has a lot of features that I may want to use later, as my business grows.

Hi John - Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that we were able to get the BigCommerce integration working for you. I'll be sure to pass your experience, along with the other items you mentioned, over to our product team so they can continue to work on making it easier. We're working on adding more information/directions in the user interface to make it easier to use, so definitely reach out to our support team with any feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve the product. Someone from our team will be reaching out to learn more about what you experienced. I hope you give us a chance to help grow your business! :) Thanks, Ecomdash

Overall Opinion

I would recommend ecomdash but due hope they do not try to integrate too many features that are of no concern to us and price themselves out of the market such as SellBright and others have done. If they do elect to go down that road I hope they maintain a basic functionality for us who just inventory control which is our primary reason for using them.

Pros

Its is priced right for what you get. Inventory management has never failed us which is the primary reason we use it.

Cons

If you do not create all of your listing in Ecomdash there are issues, especially with Big Commerce. Even after downloading all of our listings they were missing sub-categories. Why did this hurt us? When we went to update the site for 2018 pricing it overrode all of our categories on our website so we had to re-create them all using a CSV file from Big Commerce. It caused our site to be blank for all sub -categories and took us 3-4 hours to correct. ecomdash worked with us to make certain eBay would not have the same issues when updating listing, but it took them to update their API with eBay. I very much appreciated their customer service, and sometimes its the platform not wanting to interface fully with ecomdash.

Overall good experience. Some slowness/lag at times but great support

Pros

We sell on multiple sales channels and eComDash is the best value on the market. Once you get use to the way the system works everything is a breeze. From maintaining your inventory to shipping orders. We sell in a physical retail store, as well as Amazon, eBay and our own website and the system is great to sync inventory so we don't oversell. Listing is also pretty easy once everything is set up. For the price eComDash is the best we have used.

Cons

About the only thing I don't like about the system, is the "quickness". Some of this may be my unrealistic expectations of how quick the system should work. But there is also a noticeable performance issue at peak hours. To the credit of the support staff, they are quick to respond and resolve the performance issues so they usually don't last. But as a heavy user of the system, its sometimes annoying. However, its not annoying enough to move to another vendor. Some of it is probably just growing pains as they quickly add new users.

Great Customer Support

We are very pleased with this software and their extremely fair pricing model!

Pros

We have been using Ecomdash for about 6 months now. The provided resources answered most of our set up questions and we started our learning curve with only one sales channel. As we added more sales channels, and as we asked more of the software, we found ourselves needing a bit more help. We initiated a "chat" within the Ecomdash dashboard where the support person (Catherine) initiated a support request with their support team. As it turned out, it was determined that the feature that we were trying to access required a software update fix. The support team followed up and quickly notified us of the fix. Catherine became available again, through chat, to help walk us through the required steps. GREAT customer support and everything now works perfectly!

Cons

So far, we have no "cons" to report. We do realize that as we ask more of the software and as we utilize more of its capabilities that there will be a learning curve. We are just grateful that the customer support team will be there if we need them again!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.