Sustain.Life Logo

Future-proof your business by fighting climate change.

Sustain.Life Reviews

Suggested alternatives

futureproof
key-esg
greenly-climate-dashboard

But it is not only about the tool. The entire experience has been wonderful.
The integrations for the electricity companies were a bit hard to connect as it wasn't allowed to connect to the electricity company platform.
The initial onboarding process was somewhat confusing at times.
I am not sure that there are reports that are standardized in this space yet.

Kathryn C.

Consumer Services, 10,001+ employees

The best software we found

Over it's been great. I love the layout and am excited about your continued improvements. I have also really enjoyed our work with our account manager. [sensitive content hidden] is always quick to answer our questions, and is friendly and personable.

Pros

- I like the ease as with I can upload data for each of our locations. - I like being able to filter locations and see if I've already updated for the month, this helps me keep track of my to-dos- I like the home screen to see where we're at for each category.

Cons

- I think the report has improved but still feels buggy sometimes. - I wish I could expand the scope of emissions and see where the bulk of the data is coming from without clicking away. A drop-down menu that said "main campus X emission" all on the same page to give me an idea would work better for me. - I wish there was a way to look at impact by category and scope data from a location-by-location basis. My team has little to no sway over other locations and can only speak to the main campus, so seeing just our impact would be ideal.

WF

William F.

Wine and Spirits, 201-500 employees

Great Tools to get started on Your ESG Journey

Overall we are just beginning to understand where all the CO2 eq impact is coming from. Our green team is now beginning to chart a course of action that will address the emissions issue and lessen our environmental impact.

Pros

The conversion tools which calculate everyday measures into carbon footprint equivalents. Like travel miles made on commercial flights into CO2 Equivalents. Or gallons of gas used into emissions.

Cons

I am not sure that there are reports that are standardized in this space yet. But so far it requires downloading and massaging the data to get reportable metrics that I can use in better explaining our impact.

FF

Filipa F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Carbon Accounting in the Travel Sector

We expect Sustain.Life to be game-changing or the sustainability journey of our company, but we are still new users. For now, we can say that Sustain.Life platform and team didn't disappoint us (on the contrary) and all our goals seem to be achievable with this partnership.

Pros

Since the start, Sustain.Life has offered a flawless customer support! We have already requested help from different roles and for different purposes and not only was the reply always quick but they seem to have great internal communication.

Cons

So far, the only area that definitely could use some improvement is how the data is uploaded and managed on the platform. This should be a more agile process and we would like to make changes in bulk once the data is uploaded. Additionally, Sustain.Life doesn't have all the automatic sustainability reporting we are going to need in the future (e.g. ecovadis, UNFC), but they are always adding new ones and the main ones are already there.

CR

Christian R.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Review on Emissions Tracking

Pros

It gave us a good baseline of what our emissions were for a baseline year. It was user friendly and not much work to input data.

Cons

I believe there should be a full length report that would be blank pages with general sections for companies to report on in a written manner.

DC

Dana C.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Reliable Customer Service

Overall, my experience was a good one. There were some frustration points, but having such an awesome and supportive rep in [sensitive content hidden] really made a difference. I look forward to learning more about Sustain Life and seeing their platform develop and grow.

Pros

The one-on-one customer service that I was able to get was incredibly helpful while learning the ropes of Sustain Life. Not only was I able to have my questions answered, but I was also able to give feedback, which was received gratefully. I can already tell that the Sustain Life team is going to help make my experience even better as we continue to use this platform for our reporting needs. There were some glitches when trying to do my initial inputs, but our rep, [sensitive content hidden], worked to get those captured and sent over to the Sustain Life team to be corrected. The glitches that impeded my work the most were corrected in time for me to input my measures.

Cons

Some of the functionality was not super user-friendly when dealing with large amounts of vehicles. I also hope to see more vehicles added to the drop-down feature so that we can utilize the MPG ratings that Sustain Life provides, vs. my own manual entry (which will not be as accurate). As mentioned above, there were some glitches when inputting new vehicles, but the most concerning of these were corrected or a work-around was provided.

KT

Kayla T.

Industrial Automation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Data Management & Reporting

Pros

Sustain Life has been the most appealing platform we've found. The price was right, the automation of our data, the translation of our data tied directly to sustainability reporting needs like CDP, the target setting that shows how it aligns with certain measures like science-based targets, the policy templates, the easy-to-understand breakdowns they offer via how-to videos and even their webinars are all examples of aspects that drew us to their platform. The list goes on!

Cons

We are in the process setting up our Sustain Life platform (entering profile and facility information, integrations, Scope 1 & 2 focus, etc.). Unfortunately, I realized propane/off road vehicle data is unable to be integrated at this time (requiring manual bulk uploads) and also, due to some unique utility providers we have as a global company, we have run into quite a few integration issues. However, our Customer Success Manager and the Sustain Life integration team are working diligently to resolve the issues and have even manually entered data as necessary for time-sensitive reporting needs. Sustain Life customer service has been top notch!

HC

Hayden C.

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

SKG Services - ESG Journey

Pros

It was very usable and the platform is great to use. The components of measuring our emissions, Reporting our emissions and strategies to minimise the emissions are so easy and quick to understand.

RP

Ryan P.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Emissions Management Made Easy

We are excited to share that we have recently begun using Sustain.Life to manage our business emissions, and we are very pleased with the experience so far. The customer service and support have been exceptional, and the software is incredibly user-friendly. With Sustain.Life's platform, we can effectively track and understand our business emissions, enabling us to implement a strategy to reduce our environmental impact.

Pros

The support from [sensitive content hidden] has been second to none, great customer service - a really relaxed and down-to-earth approach that made the carbon accounting process seem a lot less daunting and manageable.

Cons

a good platform, not had the chance to fully explore the full potential as only a few months in - some of the downloadable templates seem to lack some functions we would like but generally an easy to use and smart looking platform.

MB

Miya B.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

SustainLife review

Pros

We recently started using SustainLife to track and calculate our business GHG emissions. Our decision was driven by their global presence and with local representation, as well as the variety of pricing models they offered. The platform also supports all of our ESG reporting, which was important for us. We needed something that could assist with supplier questionnaires through to the various reports...

Cons

We haven't come across anything at present. They are developing additional features, which we are looking forward to using.

JW

Jenni W.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Our sustainability partner

Sustain.Life offers great value, enhancing our brand as we align our business operations with our sustainability goals. With Sustain.Life, we can effortlessly monitor our emissions, ensuring our business practices contribute positively to the planet. Highly recommend for any business looking to make a real-world impact.

Pros

Sustain.Life is an invaluable for managing our environmental impact. The platform is user-friendly, making it easy to track and report our carbon emissions.

Cons

For small business entry cost is high, however this is offset by ROI to business.

IS

Izabela S.

Chemicals, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great value for the money.

We did not know where to start our climate ambition journey and Sustain.Life helped us significantly by simply guiding us through the process. But it is not only about the tool. The entire experience has been wonderful. The customer service that I have received is excellent. The response to the questions I ask comes quickly and always with videos and easy to follow instructions. The price of the tool...

Pros

This Software is a great tool supporting organizations of all sizes. I have been only using the Building and People option that calculations Scope 1, 2 and a little bit of Scope 3. The use of Software is very easy and intuitive. It guides the use through the process, serving as a consulting tool. In addition, it reports the data in a dashboard and compares the results for the reporting period. I am looking forward to checking option related to Scope 3.

Cons

The reporting is good but the colors are not very distinct. The graphics could be improved.

MP

Marissa P.

Design, 11-50 employees

An amazing tool that's always getting better

Pros

Carbon Accounting, KPIs and Metrics, carbon management, progress status, education, community, ease of use, UI, design, blog, events, and outreach.

Cons

Although sustainability is a growing priority, most businesses are unequipped with environmental know-how. The initial onboarding process was somewhat confusing at times. An option for a step-by-step impact set-up with someone on the Sustain team would be helpful. There was a general onboarding call with a team member, but something more in-depth for specific questions would strengthen confidence.

TW

Taylor W.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 employees

Sustain.Life - User friendly, intuitive, provides the results we were looking for.

Very satisfied - I can see the product growing and trust working with Sustain.Life. Any requests for improvements I have discussed with the team are either already on the product roadmap or have been implemented.

Pros

The product is very user friendly and makes input of data easy. It is fairly customizable, yet easy to implement immediately, without costly integration fees or a long lead time. The team is constantly staying on top of updates and provides helpful training to customers.

Cons

Team member roles do not restrict certain functions or access to other locations at this time.

SK

Sam K.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Sustain.Life have made it simple

The team have been fantastic, and have help our admin team access, understand and use the resources available to start our carbon measuring journey. There has been assistance available the entire way and we've never felt that we had to figure things out for ourselves.

Pros

We're a smaller group that cares a lot about understanding our environmental impact. We struggled to find a partner that fit within our budget and scope to help us track and understand our emissions. Sustain.Life made it easy for us to do so, without costing us big business $$$

Cons

They're still building some connections with Australian energy providers etc so flow of information will improve as they broaden their 3rd party access. It hasn't been a major issue.

PL

Porter L.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great Service in a Fast Timeline

Overall, we are very pleased with Sustain.Life's work in this field, and we're grateful for their dedication to the platform, to our team, and to growing the overall awareness and importance of tracking GHG in the corporate sector.

Pros

We liked the accessibility of the customer service at Sustain.Life - We had a very tight turnaround to get GHG emissions up for contract requirements and Sustain.Life's team was very understanding and helpful while accommodating us.

Cons

Clearer access to learning resources would be helpful, especially in common language for those who may have never known anything about GHG before.

MOSES K.

Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Our ESG journey

It has been very pivotal for our sustainability target to achieve net zero by 2035.

Pros

Ease of use of this tool but above all the customer support teams.

Cons

Still needs some development with the graphics.

ME

Matthew E.

Public Safety, 1,001-5,000 employees

Journey to Net Zero

Great experience, the first support that understood the exact stage of the journey we were on, what we were trying to achieve, and have the tools to assist us in achieving our end goal.

Pros

Availability, expert knowledge, responsiveness, support teams' general understanding of practical real world reporting challenges, user friendly software.

Cons

Nothing in particular comes to mind......