FieldEdge Logo

FieldEdge Reviews - Page 3

JW

Jacki W.

We find FieldEdge Essential to Operate our business efficiently

Pros

We like the ease of using the software. New software upgrades seem very seamless. The Online Support is PHENOMENAL!!!! Support is ALWAYS friendly, attentive, patient, thorough, and FAST!!! They sitkc with me and follow-thru until my issue is resolved or questions answered.

Cons

I used to be able to manage the desktop software from my phone just by logging into my office account. It doesn't work anymore. I KNOW it was likely not designed that way, but it was EXTREMELY helpful when I was outside the office to hop in and do most anything I needed to!!!!! PLEASE correct it :)

Hi Jacki! Thank you for the wonderful testimonial! We are so glad that you are enjoying FieldEdge! We will share your feedback with our team. Please do not hesitate to connect with us if you need anything. We're here to help!

KS

Kathie S.

Kathie's Review

I would highly recommend ESC to any A/C contractor!

Pros

I do love the ease of this software // It is extremely "blonde friendly" // Most of it is so simple you can figure it out on your own and not have to call the help desk or anything // Works great with QB // Even my GM and Service Manager can move around in it! // We have never had any glitches during updates like with our old program // The reports are great (hard to fix if you type in anything wrong tho since you have to go thru QB to fix everything) // I've been in the office part of the A/C field for over 20 years and have used several different programs thru the years and ESC by far is the best! I highly recommend this program! // There are things i do not like but for the most part ... ESC is the best!

Cons

I do not like that it does not put the equipment worked on in the history! // You have to pull up the invoice and click on equipment in order to see that info // I do not like that it only prints 4 lines of history on the dispatch ticket itself // Wish it would list maintenance/agreement customers on the dispatch screen and dispatch ticket so you don't have to go from screen to screen to figure that...

Construction, 51-200 employees

Okay at Best

FieldEdge would probably be great for an RLC (residential/light commercial) company. But as a company that is entirely commercial with many long, multi-phase projects, it leaves much to be desired and demands work-arounds. The mobile app is horrendous and completely unusable by our technical crew. They regularly comment on needing to close down/reopen the app, freezing, and even going so far as to...

Pros

Variety of Functions, Covers Most Needs

Cons

Awful Mobile App, Not "big" Commercial Friendly, Spotty Support

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please contact us at customermarketing@fieldedge.com so we can gather more information and help you in any way we can. We will also share your review with our team. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

CC

Cheryl C.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

Business owner

Scheduling and Dispatching and Invoicing.

Pros

Integrations were very simple. Helpful FieldEdge Tech Staff made this process easy.

Cons

Customer Service when I have a question to get an answer to help me better use the software, I think the got to questions within customer service can be time consuming. If I do not communicate they way that the help area of the software layout is then I am looking too long for an answer.

Thank you so much for this review and also the feedback for our customer support!

JL

Jose L.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Maximum Day to Day Efficiency!

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use yet so detailed and organized. As long as all pertinent data is in the system workflows become more streamlined for mobile and office users. Any time we have questions or concerns we get excellent feedback from our Customer Success Manager or the help chat located in the software. They also have an ideas portal that allows you to post an idea that you think may benefit your company where other companies can vote if its something they see as beneficial to them as well.

Cons

We are a strictly commercial HVAC company so sometimes we need specific features tailored to our business model. For example, some of our customers have 10+ units that we need to service but we don't have the ability to apply repair forms to all units. The system basically only allows us to have 1 repair form where we need 10+ repair forms to satisfy all units being serviced. There are other minor adjustments that we see as a con but thats to do our company being strictly commercial and needing them to be tailored to our specific model.

Amber R.

Highly Satisfied Customer

CSR was a valuable asset to our company. Her kind manner, determination to solve problems quickly and knowledge of FieldEdge is exceptional. At times the learning curve with FieldEdge became frustrating, yet She remained calm and patient with our team and provided solutions. She periodically checks in on us even though we are fairly self-sufficient, inquiring about our satisfaction and still offering assistance. We appreciate the support Alyson provides.

Pros

FieldEdge keeps our company punctual with customers and the ability to follow through with commitments. It also helps us track well labor hours and parts on order.

Cons

Our least favorite features at the moment within FieldEdge are 1) inability to change most information in a parts request once it's been marked ordered and 2) unlock technicians work orders on the dispatch board.

Our team loves hearing feedback like this! It's always rewarding to hear about ways that FieldEdge helps make a difference to your business. Thank you, Amber! We look forward to continuing to work together.

RW

Rob W.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

User for almost 2 years now.

FieldEdge easily pays for itself. I have gone completely paperless. Everything is easier, faster, and safer about it.

Pros

I like that it is cloud based, easy to use and updated with new features almost monthly. It has a modern look and feel compared to many other service softwares I have tried out and looked in to. I like the mobile app features and ease of use. I like that it seamlessly syncs to Quickbooks. Desco knows service software.

Cons

Little things here and there that need to be changed to make working in the software easier and that make more sense. They have an "Ideas" portal that you can make suggestions for changes to the software but out of 3 that I have suggested not one has been adapted.

Rob, thanks so much for your positive feedback! It's great hearing that you enjoy the regular updates and the overall look and feel of FieldEdge, paired with how it's been such an asset to your business. We are so appreciative to have customers like you!

AB

Angie B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best!

I think over all this program/ software is good it is not the greatest one out there yet [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic, we appreciate all she does!

Pros

I have been using this for almost 2 years now at my company and there are somethings that it would do to make it better. The thing that I like the most is the fact that it remains me to call the customer when their maintenance is due.

Cons

I think the system could be better by creating a Mach maintenance (QUOTE) plan to send to the customers to show them what will be their plan with pricing and have them electronically sign the agreement with accept or decline option, as well as the system take off the % off the plan when scheduled.

SC

Sadie C.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Field Edge Review

I like the dashboard tab for easy overall numbers of sales, quotes and marketing

Pros

Its easy to use and keeps everything in order. Links to QuickBooks which is helpful. I like the training modules for new employees coming in. Service is great

Cons

Missing features to help with receivables like statements.

SM

Sharon M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Dispatching software that integrates many of our companies needs in one place

Pros

This is a web based dispatch system that integrates into Quickbooks nicely. It has helped us to streamline our business and work much more efficiently. Love that the Techs can see customer history easily. Almost instant communication between Tech and dispatch. Has many great feature in the price book and dashboard. We can see almost instantly how profitable we are being.

Cons

The largest con is that as a web based system, if they go down your company can come screeching to a halt. Because this has happened several times this year, we have had to put internal back up systems in place. We save a screen shot each evening of the next day just in case the system is down. There are several issues that I would like to see FieldEdge improve on. Their team does take suggestions though and has been making improvements to the software.

RL

Richard L.

Coming Up!

Great program for beginners!

Pros

Staff and support is superb and top notch! Easy to talk to and will have an answer for you very quickly

Cons

Ease of quotes from tablet to other devices will be lost if switching back and forth, Needs to have the opportunity to upload as soon as you're done with any text on one device in order to continue on any device. Have lost hours of work. very fustrating. Also server provider needs to not be knocked out no matter the reason... Field edge needs to have another back up server somewhere else. Lost days of productivity and and income... They simply said I'm sorry and that was it, wish they offered a prorated monthly service fee, so that it both hit our pockets.

LA

Lilnda A.

Love the support team, always so happy and very patient and makes you feel totally good !

Pros

All our Clients info is so easy to access and love how easy it is to use. Its dispatch board is supper easy and the invoicing is great. Also like how you can add different locations under one customer, lets say they have their main home and rental property, you can have it all in one place.. The equipment history and all you have done for a customer is easy to see.

Cons

Only one thing I have found is if you happen to choose the wrong location under a customer and lets say you have a invoice going to another location, you cant correct it, other than that I love this system.

Hi Linda! Your kind words make US feel totally good! We'll keep on aiming to make you proud. Thanks again!

GB

Gene B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Poor quality software for a premium price

The support team is generally very good, responsive and available. Our account manager is great. On the other hand, the implementation was a nightmare and the poor quality of the software is a daily impediment to our business.

Pros

FieldEdge had one of the most complete feature sets of all the software we evaluated

Cons

The overall quality of the software is very poor. I've had a 20+ year career in high tech and have managed global teams of up to 200, so I have good perspective here. There are too many issues with the software to list but they range from bad architecture to poor UI design and buggy database issues. I don't know the development team personally, but they seem very inexperienced. This, coupled with the relatively high cost compared to peers, makes this a poor choice.

RH

Richard H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Field edge is great.

I like it very much.

Pros

Dispatching, Field integration with quick books Invoice. Quotes and and receipts for customers.

Cons

We will see what ma come in the future. I am looking forward to seeing what comes up next.

Hi Richard, Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and for sharing your experience. We are happy that you are enjoying FieldEdge!

MH

Marty H.

1-10 employees

The personal service is what makes this product!

Customer and equipment tracking. Repair history. Dispatch scheduling. Service Agreements.

Pros

The ability to have all the information concerning the customer at your fingertips is priceless. This allows us to serve them better.

Cons

Service agreements are a struggle for me. This is probably due to the fact that I've not been exposed to this portion of program as much as others.

Really appreciate the incredibly positive feedback!! Don't hesitate to reach out to the team for training on service agreements. Maybe start with a webinar about increasing renewal revenue by visiting our help center and searching "Watch the money grow!". Otherwise simply reply via email and we'll gladly lend a hand! Thanks again for the 10/10!!

JP

Jessica P.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Would not purchase again, customer support is TERRIBLE

Pros

Price, not a lot of frills so we can usually figure out how to take care of issue or do what we need ourselves.

Cons

Customer support is terrible. We have only had interaction with a couple people total that actually could answer questions. Our onboarding consultant knew less than we taught ourselves. When we do have an issue and need to call in/chat the support team just sends us links to videos or articles and can never answer our question.. while also being rude. It seems the company trains them to sound superior so the customer will think they don't know anything or want to ask further questions. I know that there will be no software that is prefect but we are very very unhappy with our experience. We will not extend with this software again.

BR

Brian R.

THIS SOFTWARE COMPANY LISTENS TO US

We have saved a lot of time with the quoting process and the accounting processes. The pictures on sales items and the display of recommendations is great. Tracking of lead sources and the reports are very helpful.

Pros

The support staff is very open to suggestions and making the platform better with each update. The experience on iPad is much smoother than Android. We like that the data is in the cloud and always backed up and that the office has a good pulse on the activity in the field.

Cons

We had a lot of issues with Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6" 2017. We switched to iPad Pro to resolve this. We also did not like that the early set up used HVAC instead of Plumbing and we had to learn how to make the software more applicable to plumbing. This changed a lot since we started.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Brian! We are continuously working to make improvements and add new functionality, and are happy to know that you see those results. We look forward to continue working together!

JS

Jenn S.

Best customer service ever

Pros

Its ease of use, and portability. Also the ability to export any report out to excel and create the report that I need from there. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has become a welcome addition to my go to Fieldedge team. He understands my needs and always makes me feel like those needs are a priority.

Cons

That the office side does not complete control over the dispatch. As an admin I would like to have the ability to complete the dispatch even if the technician is in it. More often than not the tech has forgotten at the end of the day to complete themselves and clock out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, Jenn! We love hearing this type of feedback, and we will certainly pass your suggestions along to the appropriate team.

DC

Darla C.

We have utilized the ESC program for many years, and their customer support has always been great!

Pros

The program does just what we need. Any time I have had a problem, if it's minor, I chat online with them. I love the ability to do this because it's immediate and I don't have to wait for a call back! If it requires a phone call, they follow through with it and have always solved my problem timely.

Cons

The mobile laptop version our Service Manager tried to use was not good at all. But the version for tablets works very well! All our techs and the Service Manager can access our whole database from the field, which is extremely handy, especially at night and on weekends.

EL

Emmett L.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Good Software

Pros

-Easy invoicing -Easy item search -a lot of compatible software for CRM, Accounting software,tracking, etc. -Simplistic

Cons

-Can be finicky after an update. - Jobs feature could be improved it doesn't track cost like we would like it to. -Can't place stock orders. All PO's have to be connected to a customer.

JU

Jo U.

Used other for 6-12 months

Updates Galore!

Everything has a learning curve. Once I moved past my perceived frustration and opened myself to the possibilities with the tools available, I have found this product is exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

FieldEdge is helping us compete in the digital age. The tools offered in this software make it easier than ever to send reminders, keep track of our customers, and offer professional invoicing. The original on boarding process was easy but overwhelming for me. Once I reached out to my Customer Success Manager with my concerns or frustrations we were lined up with training's and phone conferences and email follow ups to make sure we are getting all FieldEdge has to offer. I am excited to work with a company and CSM that is so focused on customer satisfaction and helping me grow my business.

Cons

It seems to me that FieldEdge is becoming hyper-focused on their customer's needs. Things that frustrated me a month ago have either been addressed in updates or in trainings. As with most things, communication is everything. Once I started reaching out to my CSM and getting a better grasp of how the software really works I have found tons of tools and applications that will help grow my business. This is truly an "ask and you shall receive" type of customer service.

TG

Tracy G.

Fieldedge in the HVAC world

Relationship continues to get better and better. The addition of 1 on 1 relationship managers has been a great addition for us. We feel like our relationship(success) manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows us, is attentive, is helpful in offering new functionality and integrations and is great to work with overall.

Pros

Ease of Use of the platform. Great dispatch capabilities. Easy integration with Quickbooks. Excellent help & training resources. Great one on one support by Fieldedge team members

Cons

Some of the quickbooks limitations with customers - duplicate account management

Thanks for the awesome review, Tracy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours and count ourselves lucky for customers like you.

CB

Cathy B.

Highly Recommend

Pros

We are a family owned plumbing company and we have been utilizing FieldEdge for over a year now. Dispatching and mobile applications are easy and effective. Payment processing and call monitoring integration are extremly useful. The FE support team has been wonderful in helping us get the most use out of FE for our specific needs. Tech support is very responsive and knowledgable. We would highly recommend FieldEdge.

Cons

There are many features so it can be slightly overwhelming at first to decide what to use. However, the FE team is great about assisting with figuring out what is the best way to utilize the program for your company.

KD

Kelli D.

ESC Comments

I would most certainly recommend ESC. The support has been great, they really know their product and truly wish to support their customers in a way that makes us happy. That says alot for a company, it means a lot when you dont just become a number after the sale is complete.

Pros

I really like the ease of ESC, I have used several service software packages in the past and ESC is easy to use and was easy to program to our needs. We run several tech's and work in about 6 states so our needs can be a bit different than some service customers, but I have found that the customer service support that we receive from DESCO has been one of the main reasons that I can get the things...

Cons

I wish I had a bit more reporting features and I also hope to see the accounting package out of BETA soon so it will be something we can seriously consider. The peach interface works fine for us tho, but I would love the full package.

WR

William R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

POOR service very slow response and lots of promises not kept such as when they say they will call s

Everything sounds good at first it really sounds like they want their software to work but in the end they don't run and HVAC company so they don't have real life experience. It seems the program was written by a lot of people in Pods or sections then melded together where some of the info should all be in one p[lace its scattered with this software.

Pros

The sales pitch and the idea of what it can or should do.

Cons

Functionality, this software is to cumbersome and difficult to maneuver. If you have worked with software all your life and switch to this you will not be happy if this is the first software you have used in this industry this may be the right fit.