Dynamics 365 Field Service

Field Service Management solution

Dynamics 365 Field Service Reviews

Pros

And we really like it so far; the graphics are great and it is designed well. Everyday it becomes easier to use and I find myself loving it more and more.

Liesl R.

Ian is always helpful and takes care of the mobile questions. They are polite, well-spoken, always available, and just plain nice.

Todd F.

Cons

It was a very time consuming process that took so much time that we had to start all over again and re-upload everything because we had fallen behind on keeping information current.

Liesl R.

This Go Live date was delayed by three months by Field One, however, they would not prepare us for the delays. Instead, they would commit to a firm day and miss it without any notification to us.

Tracey G.

The QB interface is not what I had expected or was implied, however, I can live with that piece. It's the inability to self create reports to measure my company KPI's that is the problem.

Tracey G.

3.9

Life Saving FieldOne

Great software and company. One of the best investments we ever made.

Pros

FieldOne is an amazing system. It tracks all the field technicians at the same time. Just by looking at the very user friendly Schedule Board, you can where everyone is at and how long they have been there. The technicians love the PDA system. All the information goes into the PDA, along with the signature and the office can see it. The PDA eliminates the need for phone calls, as it is the dispatching center. The reports that can be generated from FieldOne is unbelievable. We have set contract prices with some customers, and I can review our cost and profit instantly. We have throughly enjoyed FieldOne. They have great customer and technical support. We highly recommend them.

Cons

We do not have any cons at this time.

This reviewer only left a rating

This is an update to my original review in February of 2013. Although I stated previously that Field One software is a great product, I had issues with the lack of truly customizable reporting that I had been led to believe would be available when I signed on, as well as their customer service. Recently, I spent some very productive time with Geoff, a Field One implementer/trainer, and now have...

Satisfied customer

It would be great to be able to delete a duplicate p.o. or change a price that was entered wrong after it has been recieved. Increase tech support staff. Or turf us to a developer if they do not have the time to trouble shoot the larger issues. The most assuring thing to us is that we are able to receive the upgrades, and as Field One continues to grow and develop, we know it will just keep getting better and better. I have and will continue to recommend this software to other businesses.

Pros

1) fast in the field 2) we love the multiple ways you can search for information. 3) The security settings for employees are detailed and useful 4)Estimate/Project creating has cut our estimate time in half and solved our costing concerns. 5) there are so many small details that we use every day that make a huge difference in communication, pricing, and tracking. 6) Customer support has been so very helpful, it is refreshing to have emails returned, an answer to the bumps in the road while setting up and learning the system. They seem to be very overloaded with work, we are still waiting for a major issue to be resolved from 3-4 weeks ago. But they are great! Without them we would have never purchased our other licenses, and went live in the field.

Cons

1) The Schedule Board, most specifically employee schedules, but overall it could be more flexible and detailed. 2)The Template Builder- we spent a lot of time and money building invoices, workorders, etc. only to hit one roadblock after another on what fields it will allow us to pull from, on copying the system report. Many a frustrating experience on our end as well as support trying to help...

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a family/woman owned business that services and repairs backup generators. We have been in business for over 100 years and with all that experience we have become power solution experts. We are proud to have continued to grow and are always on the look out for new tools to automate our administrative processes. We currently have 18 employees, 5 of which are generator technicians. We are located...

FieldOne Terra - Best one out there but needs updating

Pros

We have been using FieldOne Terra for over 3 years now, and without exception, this is the most robust software out there. It simply works well, and the reporting and sorting capabilities that export to Excel seamlessly are wonderful. The ability to interface with QuickBooks is fantastic, but the customers are updated only once, and any changes to their information (like contact info etc.) does not transfer back into QuickBooks. Also, invoice detail is not transferred to QB simply a description that tells you to see FieldOne for more information.

Cons

When we first started using the Terra product, we would get regular updates, but lately it has not been updated in over a year, and we are still required to pay annual fees. I think the company has shifted support for Terra to the larger cloud-based clients, and as a result, the product has not seen any improvements in quite some time.

FieldOne Terra

Pros

I like that so many things are customizable throughout the company and for the personal user. Each person can customize each page (customer, equipment, agreement, etc.) to see the information that is most pertinent to their job. I like that we can call FieldOne at any time with any question, and they either answer the phone immediately or call you back within a timely manner.

Cons

There are certain features that I wish it could do to make working within the system more simplified, mainly when it comes to the phone app. The mobile app doesn't have the ease of use that the computer one does. Also, the alert that someone else has edited information within the same area that you are trying to edit information comes after you try to save your changes, which means that you have to cancel your changes and do it all over again.

Great Field Service software

Our company is in the electronic security industry. As our business expanded we needed a centralized solution to keep our tech schedules, work orders, purchase orders, and invoicing organized and easily assessable. Before using FieldOne we were small enough to use a white board in the office, but as business picked up the time it took to keep the white board updated was wasteful. A primary goal...

Pros

Lives up to its name... Works great in the field, you only have to enter data once. We have used the software since 2007 through cellular air cards. The software has always worked well even through limited bandwidth (yes before 4G and 3G). Great user interface.

Cons

Creating estimate for very complex jobs with lots and lots of parts with hundreds of hours of labor is a bit combersome.

The change to this software will be worth it.

I can only see this platform getting even better than it is over time. With the introduction of the mobile apps and more ways to expand on the technology that is being deployed on the cellular market it will make everyones jobs easier and reduce the duplication of efforts.

Pros

This software definately has a lot of feature rich properties to it, so much so that the weekly training webinars are helpful because everytime you attend them it gives you more ways to use the software that you didnt remember before. They listen to the users of the software and very quickly add new features or update old ones to work effortlessly. The reporting engine is second to none. With some help you can customioze any report to make it fit with your company

Cons

We bill reoccuring billing on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. There is room for improvement on the way the system generates invoices and automatic renewal of these contracts. They have it on the list of things to do to update this and I am not at all concerned that they will not have a solution shortly for this.

Field Service and Scheduling for Generator Maintenance

Pros

The Database Service handles multiple tasks, including estimates, billing, invoicing, scheduling, etc. Phone access and a good scheduling module. Also, I like the live nature of the service.

Cons

Limitations on Smart Phone application. Computer applications limited for tablet use. Font and text size cannot be altered. Tablets are not usable, as the text is too small; the new generation of field service will be using tablets. Smart phone application not sufficient. Dashboard limitations; customers must create own dashboard; FieldOne should have some standard templates created for companies to use or modify.

FieldOne - user opinion

FieldOne is well organized and logical layout allows our day to day operations to flow smoothly. I have used other service management software in the past and I find FieldOne to be the most intuitive, cost effective and user friendly. The ability to integrate my workflow process with QuickBooks alone is worth the investment. The customizing capabilities are a major advantage. Now I'm implementing Mobile version for Techs on the go. No more lost/forgotten billable hours (I hope:)

Pros

Adding/ Modifying parts as you enter them. Clear intuitive interface. QuickBooks Integration. Flexibility of design.

Cons

Number of times word "lookup" is used on main page is redundant.

Finally, no paperwork!

FieldOne is highly recommended to any service related business that has employees out in the field. This software in conjunction with truck GPS systems and customer web portals truly puts the service contractor into the 21 century. A great way to distinguish your company from your competitors while increasing cash flow and showing your customers that you are here to serve them in ways that others only dream about.

Pros

FieldOne has brought dispatching service calls to a whole new level. Not only do our service technicians see their calls and all pertinent information in the palm of their hands, our office staff now has instant access to live status of each employee, all of their work orders, each trucks' inventory, time sheets, notes for our service managers from the tech's and signatures from the customers. We even...

Cons

Truly remarkable software and support staff!

"Bringing the Pieces Together"

Not only is the software great but the customer service and tech support is just awesome. I feel like I have a friend when I call or email for support. Kudos to the FieldOne team

Pros

FieldOne has allowed us to consolidate the different programs we use to run our business into one! We were using a simple calendar program for dispatching, another program for inventory, and another for accounting. Nothing was tied together and we were duplicating a lot of our work. This was working for us for a short while but we needed something more robust that could grow with our rapidly expanding...

Cons

I have nothing negative to add about Fieldone. Great software and a great team.

LIFESTYLE

A1 program - If your not using FieldOne I suggest you have a good look at it.

Pros

I have read the other reviews and I agree with all the Pro's. One thing forgotton about is how FieldOne allows you to see your family and friends. Before FieldOne I spent most nights and a lot of the weekend - either catching up OR preparing for the following weeks workload. Frankly my friends were hesitant to call or invite us out because I either could not attend or was too tired. FieldOne now allows...

Cons

Want more updates [Love the updates-every update makes my life easier]

GREAT TOOL

The system has been great for us and will really help you and your company move to the digital age. The support along the way has been great, we are very satisfied with our decision to purchase "FieldOne"

Pros

This system has allowed us to take better control of our day to day operations. We have been able to stream line our billing process from 3 weeks after completation to one week. We are working on getting that down to 3 days after compleation that a bill will be sent to customer. The flow of the process is very smooth from service call to billing and everything in between. Customer support has been great as we have asked Fieldone to customize some process to our specific needs and its has worked great.

Cons

There is 2 small things that are a bit diffucult with the system. The first and hardest part was implemenatation of the system and the learning curve while still trying to run the bussiness, not impossible but a few stressful weeks. The second things that is a bit tricky is we currently have 13 mobile android units out there and training out techs to move from paper to eletronic was a bit tricky.

My experience in working in the world of FieldOne

Pros

I like the shortcuts. I like the ease of manipulating the schedule slots. I like the real-time action on the scheduling board as well. The factory support is great. They might not have the answer I want all the time, but they are very intent on helping fix the problem. I liked the online training when we were in our first couple of weeks.

Cons

Some areas are hard to see from where you are at. You have to open up multiple screens to get to your final destination. You cannot see the pictures unless you are actually in the slot. You should be able to see/access them from the CRM.

Most over complicated system going

Total waste of money None. 3 years in and we still have the same problems as day 1. Maybe the only good thing is that you can choose what colour skin you want

Pros

Cons

Far too complicated Slow Regularly crashes Every step is long winded Engineers refresh 4 or 5 times before it finally refreshes without crashing Data entered skips from one job to another

FieldOne Review

Pros

The general functionality of the software is very good, except you can't use some critical fields on your standard forms. This may be very detrimental.

Cons

The customer support is nothing short of disgusting. It is designed to rip you off whilst failing to deliver usable resolutions to your problems. The generic design flaws that should be just fixed with an apology are kept in place, I believe intentionally, to force you to pay the exorbitant costs resulting from extensive modifications at your request.

Happy Mechanical Contractor

Pros

It makes it easy with keeping hours documented for payroll and also QuickBooks integration. We can tell truck stock inventory, shop stock, and accounts receivable.

Cons

We have become pretty used to this software and are not shy about showing it to other contractors and/or prospective customers. Sometimes, it seems virtual, as we never really get to meet the faces behind the voices. None of this is negative, as it is more of a preference to see the people you do business with.

A CRM system by Microsoft

Pros

It syncs right to my Office 365 account which is good since I have a lot of things on there. It also offers an App which my previous CRM did not.

Cons

It's a bit confusing at first to use, but that could be just me--- It has a lot of unnecessary charts and breakdowns.

Owner and CEO

Pros

Great customer service. Ability to grow with customer needs. The last system we used was too limited, and we outgrew the system. FieldOne has made some custom reports and such for us that have been invaluable.

Cons

It's not an intuitive system; it has a learning curve, and customer support is required.

Great Service Software

Although we have yet to use all the features allowed by FieldOne, we have been extremely happy with the product itself as well as the tech support in times of need (setting up a complicated custom report).

Pros

Ease of use; software is fairly easy to setup and run. The reporting options have been great as well.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Great Software to Manage Resources Efficiently and Effectively

It is a great tool for service industries to manage their limited resources effectively and efficiently.

Pros

It serves as a good tracker of projects , purchase orders, customer contact information , project status and so on

Cons

The Mobile App is also great , but sometimes it delays synchronization with the server

FieldOne review

I would recommend FieldOne software. It has seriously increased the efficiency of our business!

Pros

Excellent customer support! Great reporting engine Constantly updating the software with new features

Cons

It would be great if there was an automated way to add finance charges

FieldOne Terra

Pros

The ease of converting information to QuickBooks.

Cons

It's not easy to handle both sales and service together.