frevvo Reviews

Tim H.

Michael O.

Guy W.

The "system" was really 57 duplicate spreadsheets -- one for each cost center -- that relied heavily on formulas. When an error in a formula was discovered we had to correct it 57 different times.

Dan U.

4.8

Frevvo makes us look good! Goodbye SharePoint InfoPath workflows!

Pros

The forms UI and form designer is absolute cake. It's drag and drop, set some metadata and validation-done. We have complex business logic which is easily handled with the JavaScript code behind support. Database and LDAP integration was a must-have requirement for us which was handled fairly easily. Support and business contacts are very helpful and impressively responsive. The price is very reasonable and easy to prove ROI over other platforms. SSO support, mobile UI are a couple of my other favorites. The updates are regular and move the product forward every cycle.

Cons

The 'Spaces' UI needs some polish. Ditch the frames, and use a responsive front end template for better device support. The forms UI is way ahead of the other areas.

Frevvo is easy to use without javascript knowledge, but offers flexibility with someone who does

Easy to use. Fast web design

Pros

Even though it is very easy to use without knowledge of javascript, frevvo offers the flexibility to create really great forms if you have a good knowledge of coding in javascript. As an avid coder i was able to convert applications created in c# into frevvo forms. With the tools offered by frevvo, mainly the database connector and the ability to generate forms based upon sql queries i was able to...

Cons

Since i am creating applications in frevvo the main con i have found is not being able retrieve attachments from the UNC path to be viewed when a user is viewing the data associated with these attachments

Easy way to automate forms

Automates form approvals

Pros

Have been starting to implement in my company to replace various paper forms. As an end user it is easy to use

Cons

It may not be the software fault but the forms do not resemble the old paper forms. Other like software scans actual forms and copies.

Fantastic, everything we needed in one platform.

Pros

The platform is very flexible and robust. The ability to integrate into other software platforms such as Active Directory, G Suite, and our H.R. software saves us countless hours of paperwork as well as simplifying record keeping. Frevvo allows us to develop both internal and external forms and control who has access by using network and Google accounts and permissions. Workflows are have been...

Cons

I only gave ease of use a 3 based on non-computer savvy users. Because none of our office workers were familiar rules-based workflows there is a learning curve. If you have the people who are trained for your organization start using this immediately after training you will have very little difficulty converting your current forms.

Extensive integration with Google (Sheets)

Pros

While having a bit of a learning curve, this form software is far more capable than any other SAAS based form tool. The learning curve is a bit steep, but it's flexibility and ability to accomplish nearly anything in form or workflow environment is extremely good. Novice users can quickly setup forms, with data flowing to any number of integrations. Full PDF form integrations make this an excellent tool for preparing as well as creating various documents for any business process. Java script rules and even their new "rule builder" makes the creation of various rules to support conditional fields, calculations or form preconditions extremely flexible. I've tried all the leading SAAS form tools and without exception, Frevvo is the most capable of the bunch.

Cons

While an excellent platform, I believe the UI in the form development space could use some updating. It has a bit of a dated look/feel in terms of icons/imagery. No knowledge of Java will hurt you a bit...but to their credit the new "rule builder" helps immensely.

Versatile Product and Amazing Support

First, the support is amazing. They have been incredibly helpful in getting me started with the system. They have a launch pack that builds in support to help you be successful out of the gate. Additionally, when I do submit an issue I have very quick replies from their support team. The answers almost always lead to a solution. The business need I was solving was to move away from a Google Sheets...

Pros

The product is versatile. It is intended as a form management system but I was able to hook it into an Azure SQL database and create a form-driven database application. In subsequent product releases for my application I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the workflow capabilities. Additionally, as I look across our organization, I can see many possibilities of varying complexity that Frevvo can handle to improve our processes. Frevvo also has built-in SSO connectors which makes security management easier and more consistent with our security goals.

Cons

My only complaint might be the lack of code libraries. I found on a few occasions I had the same code in several forms. It'd be nice to maintain the code in one place and have it link in to the forms.

Many common, and some more advanced form development tasks can be accomplished quickly.

Pros

I can produce good looking, highly functional forms for browser and mobile platforms quickly and easily. It also provides the ability to programmatically apply business logic and requirements as needed. Frevvo continues to develop and improve the product in a responsible time frame, and considers our needs and requests as future features are planned and developed. Support for easy MS AD authentication through an LDAP security provider. Able to use and integrate existing SQL data and reports. Staff are courteous and professional.

Cons

For developers, the form framework lacks built-in support for most form and field events, so basic state changes have to be handled manually when handling business logic. Custom connections to external data sources lack integrated data validation, reference handles, or data updating; all left up to the developer (who doesn't use the provided XML schema binding method) to implement manually. Limited script debugging features. Installation and upgrade process is manual and painstaking.

Frevvo - A WorkFlow tool with functionality and flexibility

For applications that require the coordination of effort characterized as workflows, Frevvo, has allowed us to reduce custom application development of systems that manage task steps, emails taskers, and tracks information and authorization flows. The connectivity with our local Active Directory (through Azure SAML) has allowed us to work through known tools and leverage pre-existing authentication and authorizations to build without duplicated effort.

Pros

Frevvo has a robust set of built-in features that allow non-programmers to develop sophisticated workflows. This is partnered with the ability to create js actions which gives applications developers the ability to provide very customized flows that can meet virtually any workflow need. Simple or complex, Frevvo has been able to meet our workflow challenges.

Cons

The movement between the application control, flow control, step management, form, and rules is a bit tedious. The interface requires a save and load to move between them that makes working a process that spans any of these levels a time consuming task.

Hi Randi, Thanks for the review. We wanted to let you know that we're addressing the main con that you identified with an upcoming release (Summer 2020) that simplifies the movement between application, flow, form, rules, configuration etc. We'd be happy to show you a preview. Please contact us through customer support. Thanks, -frevvo

Frevvo is fantastic!

Frevvo has been great for my School District. We have a full onboarding process built within Frevvo and we have managed to successfully hire nearly 200 people in the last 7 months with very few issues. We are currently working on building an online enrollment process for students that will collect certain information - we have over 17,000 students currently.

Pros

Being able to connect my SQL databases to any form, whether I need to pull information, or push information, has been incredible. Also, building forms has been very straight forward for myself. Using the schema file to optimize and build forms has been very helpful too.

Cons

This has already been discussed with Frevvo Devs, but the idea of being able to click a button to make everything not required during testing. Sometimes I am testing a form with a lot of required fields, and I have to fill those in during each testing portion. Also, when I post a blank date field into a datetime field in my database, it defaults as 1900-01-01, which is normal for a blank field in MS SQL. I wished it defaulted as NULL, instead.

Frevvo makes it very easy to create and use very powerful online forms.

Consistent information flow.

Pros

Ease of use -- Almost everything is drag and drop. Flexibility -- You can use javascript to create very sophisticated dynamic forms, distribution, and validation. And you don't have to be an expert programmer. They have a code builder wizard which walks you through most things. Submission Repository -- the default submission repository makes it very easy to query submissions or download them as CSV for further analysis. Or you can connect to your own database.

Cons

Layout Options -- When Frevvo began supporting mobile devices with responsive output, they had to limit some of the layout options. Everything is grid-based, which can be very good, but it would be nice if the grid widths were narrower so we could place fields and labels more accurately.

The best web forms product on the market

Again the best product on the market. Data entry automation, re-purpose data, federal form overlay, workflow automation to improve efficiency around common business tasks (e.g. approvals, matching, etc)

Pros

After searching for years for a capable web forms solution, evaluating probably 20 products, frevvo was the one we selected. Highly configurable, full workflow, geo tracking, PDF overlay, database connector for bi-directional data integration with your favorite ERP, LDAP SSO, multi-tenant, license splitting, optimized for tablets, smart phones, etc.

Cons

No offline forms access. Requires active data connection. In remote areas for timesheets and delivery receipts, must use another product to support offline forms

From creating to processing advanced workflow forms, Frevvo is a great value

Pros

The Support is awesome! For both the development and processing side of the product Frevvo offers fast and helpful service and support.

Cons

No free ice cream with purchase. Actually I can't really come up anything but if I were to dream I would have to say for the non-programmer designer It would be nice if there was a more innovative way to put rules together that would allow for easier development.

Thanks for the review. There's good news on the rules front. We've already released a Visual Rule Builder which makes it easy to create some of the rules. An update is coming in Dec 2017, which greatly expands the set of rules that can be created visually. Follow our blog for more details, demo videos etc.

Great product that has performed very well for us at Mercy Ships

We were able to improve the workflow of many of our forms that were previously in Adobe Livecycle as well as verify who was signing off on each step in the workflow.

Pros

The power of the integration functionality has been key for us. We use 80% of our forms from within our Confluence Wiki and integrate with a number of different databases as well. Being able to look up user details in our HR system and our AD instance has enabled us to automate many of our processes.

Cons

The learning curve is steep. The documentation is very detailed but lacking in overview so it takes a while to wrap your head around how it all hangs together. However, once that hurdle is overcome it is a great tool!

Streamlined cumbersome PO process with web-based forms and workflows

Pros

Frevvo allowed us to replace a cumbersome, manual, paper-based process for creating and approving purchase orders with an automated workflow and web forms. The data entered in the form and the completed form PDF's sync seamlessly to Google Drive. The web interface for the form is intuitive and easy for end-users to navigate. Using the Frevvo Space allows me to host the forms in one location, with an easy-to-use landing page to hold other reference material for the end-users. The sales team was very responsive and informative. And the transition to the launch support team was smooth

Cons

Setting up the workflow initially requires a fair amount of technical ability, or reliance on the Frevvo launch support team. If you're curious and have time to read, research, test, and troubleshoot (like me), this can be a fun challenge to tackle.

Frevvo is a great cost-effective form work flow solution

Ease of use. End of long paper based work flow. Increased efficiency in many ways: Reduced cost, reduced work time, reduced wait time.

Pros

Customer support is great. The cloud hosted SaaS works very well for us - a small IT shop in a rural higher education institution. We appreciate the digital signature, the G Suite integration, and the flexibility to map our business process to this solution.

Cons

Frevvo's software has helped us streamline several processes and eliminate manual effort.

Pros

The software is extremely flexible and adaptable. It is very easy to learn. And what's very impressive is the fact that Frevvo encourages its users to get educated on the software to the point that they can self-develop and maintain applications. Training opportunities are readily available.

Cons

The Admin control icons could be more descriptive. The menu interfaces within the software could also be more user friendly and intuitive.

Frevvo forms are an easy way to implement any workflow that you need. The Frevvo team is great!

Pros

I like that you can build the software to meet any of your needs. The support is phenomenal , by far one of the best people I have worked with on any software platform. She went out of her way night and day to make sure we met our deadline. She has wonderful suggestions and made it a truly collaborative process.

Cons

I wish there was an internal Frevvo cloud database where you can store small lists for your forms.