Gate Sentry Reviews

4.24/5 (17 reviews)

Jennifer Angello

The ultimately secure way to ensure you know who's on your property, and that they belong there.

Reviewed 2018-05-24

So far with all of the gate software products that I have used, I have found this product to be the most efficient, most user friendly model I have used to date. I will continue to use the software for my property.

Pros
This software is so easy to manage. With this program you are able to manage who comes on and off your property immediately so you get less calls from security. You can even customize your list for temporary guests and permanent guests and it updates immediately so your and your security team will be on the same page. You can even add and delete users at any time directly from your cell phone which is GREAT if you have a vendor that needs access but you're not available at the property. You can also view the history at any time. Another great feature is that when a guest shows up that you've been waiting for, you will be notified right away. This program really helps you to stay up to date with visitors, vendors, and also your permanent guests.

Cons
This is a really great program so there's very little that I dislike about the software. I would like it if they were able to come up with a few more levels of security for certain users to be able to perform certain fuctions vs. having just a couple levels of administration. IF they could incorporate a user level and you could click exactly which functions you would like those specific users to preform, it would be very helpful. Please note that if this software already has this function, I am having a hard time finding it.

Hemant Patel

Well thought out

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Overall a nice product that allows us to easily add and remove guests visiting our house in a gated community.

Pros
I am part of an HOA that uses Gate Sentry to manage visitors into our gated community. I like the fact that I can have separate areas for my guest (temporary or permanent) and vendors that visit my house. I do like getting notifications on my phone when guests have been cleared by the Security guards to enter our community.

Cons
There have been 2 occasions when all of my guest and vendors disappear. I am not sure if it is a issue with Gate Sentry or my HOA/Security company deleting everything. There doesn't seem to be a way to backup your guest lists to recall them in this event.

Rushi Bhatt

Ok if used right

Reviewed 2019-08-27

This would be a good service if security gate personnel used it correctly. Often I would add a guest but security didn't bother to see if they were on the list and would call me anyway to ask if the guest should be let in, basically rendering the app useless. If used correctly, the service is useful.

Pros
It provides an easy way to add guests for your permanent list as well as temporarily for certain dates. Also nice to receive notifications when guests arrive at the gate.

Cons
Guests listed on my permanant list would occassionally disappear. Customer Service was unable to help.

Robert Hopson

Construction Owner for a new Build

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Pros
It's nice to know who is visiting our site, when the arrive. I believe it helps with theft and risk. It's also a permanent record of days we were on-site.

Cons
no issues. I did not have any cons.

Benny Farzad

Reviewed 2019-09-03

Pros
Easy to use, you can add temporary or permanent guests.

Cons
Nothing. It works easily. Maybe you could add a photo ID next to the name for the gate people

David Welch

Great Software for a Neighborhood

Reviewed 2019-09-05

It’s a great app!

Pros
I like the ability to allow guests access and enter my vendors in one application. It is easy to use the software.

Cons
Actually the software does what I need it to do. If I could have more information on who to contact in my neighborhood association, that would be a good enhancement.

LaKeisha Bardwell

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Pros
I love the fact that I can easily go in and add temporary guests to our list. And when adding them, I can set up an expiration date so to speak so that I don’t have to go back in and remove them.

Cons
Other than the user log in name being case sensitive, that’s my only complaint.

Jeremy Mangon

Reviewed 2019-08-27

No issues with the features available

Pros
You can make real-time updates for the guards also using the system, and their doesn’t appear to be latency.

Cons
It would be nice if it were linked to the call box to speak with a guest or see a guest, then authorize their entry with a button on the app.

Garrett McCullough

Great App, a little clunky

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Overall my experience with Gate Sentry has been a positive one. I would recommend the app to any community looking to improve their entry process.

Pros
The app is intuitive and reliable. It consistently notified me of a visitors entry to the neighborhood and adding visitors and vendors was easy.

Cons
The interface, while easy to use, is admittedly clunky and appears it could use a UI update.

robert jones

Excellent

Reviewed 2019-09-03

Pros
ease of use, lets tou know who has gained entry. You can place ans removw visitors on the list easily

Cons
nothing. everything is good. i would like to see a reporting feature at user level

Tyler Brown

Great

Reviewed 2019-09-11

Great

Pros
Ease of use. I like being able to add on the fly and see who was come in.

Cons
Adding vendors is sometimes a hassle. Takes several clicks to get through the app. Should be simplified.

ROnaldo Marques

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
Alert us when visitors arrive giving us sense of security.

Cons
Sometimes our permanent list disappear, and the security guard has turn away people that was on my permanent list.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Heather Burch

Reviewed 2019-08-31

Gate Sentry fits our needs but the user experience feels clunky and slightly outdated. I do not understand why Vendors are massed through the neighborhood but that may be a future improve. Overall I think Gate Sentry should look into how modern applications create ease of use and custom elements for the end user.

Pros
Easy to understand and learn. The native app is pretty stable so no issues with it logging me out from time to time. I like that it allows me to add visitors and contractors as both temporary and permanent so there is not a whole lot of need for re-entry.

Cons
When I add a new vendor, I have to scroll to the very bottom of the existing neighborhood list which is very inconvenient. Our address is registered in Gate Sentry but for some reason our neighborhoods’ gate guards cannot locate it all the time so they call us. The process for activating Gate Sentry as new residents was also confusing mostly because the person we initially contacted at the HOA management did not know what Gate Sentry was - it took us escalating to the community manager to resolve the issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Alan Adelson

Absolute piece of garbage

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-02-18

notifications are ok, when they arrive. Contacting the gate is another major problem.

Pros
absolutely nothing, more effort than it is worth

Cons
Litle if any customer service, no one seems to know the system and why issues exist.

Response from Gate Sentry

Mr. Adelson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Gate Sentry.

We are happy that we were able to clarify the difference between our software and the guard service at your community.

Since our support staff was able to resolve your questions in February and you have had more time to use our software, would you consider providing an update on just the software and not the other issues at your community entrance?

We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to help you.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Tekla Baker

Good system

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Easy to implement

Pros
Easy to navigate and create entries. I like the mobile app.

Cons
When you add a vendor it would be easier if you could add without doing the search first. When you are the time for guests and vendors can we add a time range?

MARIELA CAWTHON

Used for HOA purposes

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Mostly good.

Pros
Being able to add guests myself without the need to call security guard.

Cons
Adding vendors was a bit of a hassle if they had not visited before.

Elena Ivanova

Wonderful app

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
I dont need to worries about missing call from gate people. Can do everything on this app. Saving time

Cons
Everything is good. Didnt find any issue