GoCodes Reviews - Page 2

Great Tool to have

we have yet to lose any equipment with GoCodes, the reporting is very easy, just overall a great piece to add to your company's arsenal..

Pros

the ease of usage, very user friendly and customization was what I think the selling point for us.

Cons

so far I have not found any part that I do not like

Glad to hear that you think GoCodes is a great tool to have, and that you specifically like the ease of use and customization features.

A lot to offer

We have been using GoCodes for almost a year and we have had nothing but a positive experience. The bar codes work Everytime and help us track equipment coming and going. I can also communicated with supervisors through the scan of each code.

Pros

GPS location, equipment tracking, apps for Android and iPhone.

Cons

Atvthe mercy of the scan, no scan, no trackability

Thanks for the review. Affordable real-time tracking is the holy grail for many customers. Were working on it. Unfortunately the only solutions available today cost significantly more and have additional limitations.

App functions great for our purposes

Positive

Pros

Printing Reports is easy and customizable.

Cons

No alerts are sent for follow up items.

Hello Russ, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and glad to hear that it's working out great. It sounds like you may need help setting up the future service alert feature. We would be happy to help you with this or you can check the knowledge base for assistance.

Invincible stickers!

It has allowed me to take my inventory lists from piles of papers and data entry to one quick scan and entry. It saves of hours of labor and I don’t have to worry about keeping track of my inventory log papers anymore.

Pros

The software is great it provides many ways to categorize or classify your assets. The stickers are metal and practically impossible to scratch off the QR code. The software also provides means of recovering lost assets through contact info and rewards.

Cons

Sometimes the app freezes during entering the information for the assets and you have to start over on that asset.

Wow, thanks for the great review! We are concerned though that our mobile app is freezing for you and are working on a new release now which should address the issue. If it re occurs, please call our support team directly and we will assist you as an urgent priority. App stability is very important to us for all our customers.

Great Product, could use a few tweaks to get it perfect

This software absolutely changed the way we track our assets. There is a learning curve so at first I wasn't sure about it but now it is really great.

Pros

Ease of sorting, grouping and accountability. History logs are great and easy conversion to Excel is very convenient. Revolutionized the way we track our equipment. Before we were tracking 300+ with an Excel speadsheet.

Cons

You cannot lock certain fields for other types of users, so its either everyone has access to all fields or no access to the fields at all. This becomes a problem when some fields need to stay permanent and others need to change on a recurring basis. This also makes it more difficult to train people to use the App as they are unsure about which fields to change since all fields are available. Also, picture resolution could be a lot better.

Hello Paul, we're pleased to hear you think GoCodes is a great product! We will add field level access control to our enhancement log.

Asset tracking with great software!

From the beginning we were just looking for a way to find out where our equipment was. We got in touch with GoCodes and from day one they offered us a demo and over 200 stickers! We started the process of adhering the easy to install GoCodes stickers, and installed the mobile app. Since then we have added over 1000 additional stickers. We would highly recommend this system to anyone who is looking for asset tracking or inventory management.

Pros

The detailed information options that can be added to every asset.

Cons

Couple of bugs that need to be worked out with the mobile app. When you do a multiple scan. and then go back to a single it polls the previous multiple.

Great for track of peripherals

We were looking for an easy way to keep track of hundreds of printers, scanners, monitors, and other equipment that isn't connected using the network. Go Codes stood out to us as offering great pricing, an easy to use interface, and flexibility in designing our ID tags. We looked at other companies offering similar solutions, but it was the simple deployment that sold me and my team on Go Codes. Our sales representative was easy to get a hold of and quick to respond with any pre-sales questions or concerns. Post deployment support is reliable and also fast to reply with any questions on of the staff may have. I would recommend Go Codes for any company looking for an easy to use asset tag and inventory tracking solution.

Pros

Easy to get started tagging and tracking. Branding and customizing of asset tags.

Cons

Certain fields within the item description are vague, and it would be nice to have more control over customizing our fields.

Over all we love the experience and will continue to keep using it.

Pros

We currently just use GoCodes for the asset tracking

Cons

The phone app is a bit lacking. It doesnt show everything we need at a glance.

Hello Eugene, Wow 10 of 10! Thanks for the great review! On the mobile app, did you know you can setup a custom summary view of your asset information? You can access this feature from the settings.

Inventory tracking in ease

We utilize the system to track all the IT inventory. The barcode scanning is fairly handy and easy to use. The ability to tack the check in/out history and pull reports is important to us and it works extremely well,

Pros

Friendly UI Mobile Friendly Flexible and customizable Great customer support

Cons

Gocodes is a great fit for smaller companies and the price is affordable. The only con could be the durability of the barcode sticker

Wonderful to hear that you love GoCodes! Did you know that you can order tough metal and metal foil labels that can handle just about any project application? If you want more information just email sales at sales@gocodes.com

Great for Small Businesses

Prior to using GoCodes, I attached pre-printed numeric SKUs to my inventory. This was an issue for times when my business received a high volume of orders in one day because some numbers look alike and can be confusing. GoCodes has simplified everything by using QR technology.

Pros

GoCodes makes tracking inventory super easy by assigning a unique QR-code to each item. This helps my business particularly in making sure that we are not picking and shipping wrong items for our orders.

Cons

Overall, I am disappointed that the lowest priced plan includes only 200 allowed SKUs. If you want to go to the next package which allows for 500 SKUs, you’ll pay three times the monthly rate of the base plan.

Hello Joshua, thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you think GoCodes is great for small businesses. On the topic of price, you are correct but also bear in mind that competing systems often cost 2-3x more than GoCodes and provide very little of any additional value for most customers.

Sticker Issue

Pros

It is a good way to track tools and things like iPhones, iPads, and other devices.

Cons

Only issue I've had is stickers sent to us that we already have in our system and assigned to an item already. This is very frustrating when in a hurry.

Hello Michelle, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. We're sorry to hear that you have had an issue with assets already being assigned. The only way that can happen is if another user did the change. You can look that up in the history log and work from there to see how it's happening. If you need additional assistance, please contact out support team at support@codes.com.

Needs a little tweeking.

We rent surfboards, paddleboards, kayaks, beach chairs, and beach umbrellas. We sometimes struggle to find good spots on the equipment where the stickers will adhere. Because we are mobile and have several employees who can potentially scan, the limits of active apps is a hindrance. It would be great if we could pull up a map and see where all of the equipment has been checked in/out. Also, errors pop up during inopportune times. Scanner does not always read. We are still trying to implement. This program still has good potential. Some bugs need to be worked out.

Pros

Fast and easy set-up. Good customer service.

Cons

Stickers wear out, peel off, don't always scan.

Hello John, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you appreciate that GoCodes is fast and easy to use with good customer service. I checked our records and we are now working with you on providing a different label design and specification better suited to your very demanding application. Our premium poly labels or metal foil tags will be a better choice and should address these issues.

GoCodes review

Pros

That I had the option to add the codes manually or by scanning codes. Also scanning a few codes together and then update all at the same time.

Cons

I didn't find the mobile version as easy to use as the desktop. One thing I didn't like was that if I forgot to "check out" then what I had added wasn't being added.

Hello Behsid, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and provide specific feedback. Can you explain more for what you mean when you say ' if I forgot to "check out" then what I had added wasn't being added.' Is this on the desktop or app? If you can provide more information we would be happy to investigate further.

GoCodes Asset Management Review

My Overall experience has been good using GoCodes. I find it does help me with my day to day jobs.

Pros

Simple Set up. Easy to use. Doesn't take up to much phone space.

Cons

Software can be slow at times. I have found nothing else which has been a problem for me.

Thanks for the review. We are concerned about your comment regarding the response time. We implemented a major system upgrade in Q4 2018 and that should result in sub second response times for many requests. Can you share the specifics with our support team and they will get this resolved support@gocodes.com

Practical use needing user experience work

Enjoying it and especially since we can have people download it without worrying about keeping track of scanners.

Pros

The nice thing is that we can bulk describe and allocate units. On the phone makes it easy on the go for a large non profit like us.

Cons

Prone to crashes especially when working through multiple units and details.

Hello Jonathan, thanks for the review. We are working on a new release of the iPhone app that will address the issue that can occur sometimes with updating multiple assets at once. If you have any specifics to share that would be great. support@gocodes.com

GoCodes is User Friendly once set up properly

GoCodes has been very useful on keeping track of all our equipment and who is using what devices.

Pros

Once it was set up properly, it was easy to use.

Cons

Set up was a little frustrating because we had a different inventory system. Also, the search feature still needs to be improved. Monthly emails should be sent out reminding of any beneficial tutorials on using the system from basic to advanced.

Hello Lyndon, thanks for great review of GoCodes. I think it's a great idea to include more product tips and tutorials in our period product email communications.

Asset Management for Post Production Assets

We've been using it for 2 years to tag all of our important assets and are big fans.

Pros

The search functionality and the ability to create notes is very helpful for our workflows.

Cons

I wish there was a media & entertainment or post production specific line of asset tags we could use but we've created our own unique ones.

Praise indeed from Amazon Studios! Thanks for the great feedback. We can also provide tags in a range of materials including those suited to media equipment. Just contact sales@gocodes.com and we can provide some options like metal foil or metal tags.

GoCodes, inventory tracking done right!

It was a nightmare tracking all users IT equipment and our spreadsheets growing at alarming rate when COVID hit and everyone started working remotely. Although started out for IT inventory tracking, now we track other company property like office furniture. We can create and edit fields to whatever we need them to be.

Pros

Piece of cake to set up. Phone app works really well with the included bar codes. Like that ordinary users can scan the code and send admins a message stating they have the product.

Cons

Although it tracks GPS data, it's not really GPS tracking. Wherever the last scan was taken is the GPS location. So if you move to another location, it does not update.

Hello Mae, thanks for the great review. Awesome to hear you think GoCodes is 'inventory tracking done right!'.

Co codes

Pros

the ease of use and addition of new items

Cons

the inability to merge items that are the same

Hello Dominique, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use! While you cannot merge items that are the same, you can enter and update multiple identical items at once using the mobile apps. Just scan or search for the item IDs and then use the Update All feature to fill in the fields you want to use and they will be updated to all the items you scanned. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

GoCodes has simplified our monthly fire extinguisher and ladder inspection process.

Pros

I use GoCodes to conveniently track periodic inspections for safety equipment such as fire extinguishers on construction sites all over the US. My team and I am are exposed to some extreme environments. We no longer have to carry a clipboard with pages of inspection forms that blow away in the wind, become rain soaked, become illegible, or could get dropped from atop of a high structure. With GoCodes everything I need to document my inspection in on my iPhone making my job safer and easier.

Cons

We use GoCodes for periodic ladder and fire extinguisher inspections each items have different inspection criteria's. When I scan a fire extinguishers I have to scroll through all of the drop down boxes and to find all of the fire extinguisher criteria options I need to check off. It would be convenient if only options pertaining to fire extinguishers would show up on the app when I scan a fire extinguisher code.

Hi Jordan, I'm so pleased to hear that GoCodes is helping your company in such a significant way! I will take your feedback regard the ability to only see information pertaining to fire extinguishers back to the product team to see if we can provide suggestions or make an enhancement.

Go Codes

Pros

I like the low inventory alert that I receive when my inventory is low this is a game changer and the overall ease of use !!

Cons

I liked everything about the software there is nothing I didn’t like. It solved 98% of our inventory challenges.

Wow, thanks for sharing such a great review.

GoCodes helps keep us organized

The biggest benefit I find is the easy of snapping the QR code and all the details it provides in the QR code.

Pros

That its easy to use when I need to search for an item or see who its assigned to at the moment

Cons

Not much.. I wish there wasn't so many field/options after you input an item. Some get confusing or unnecassary

Thanks Barbara, did you know that you can hide any unused fields so that it's quicker and easier to enter only the information you need? Just go to the customization area and select to hide any unused fields.

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use his product, specially the scanning feature. Instead of typing your code you can easily just scan it and find it

Cons

No dislikes so far, haven’t run into any issues

Hello Hernandez, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use!

Good software, easy to use, easier to import data in different formats

Pros

Its very easy to import the data in different formats which is very useful. A great place to store information on the web.

Cons

GUI could be more advanced. Also the filter options are difficult to understand initially. Few more features could be added like real time synchronization.

Hi Jahan, thanks for the comments. Can you let us know what you mean by real-time synchronization? All updates are real-time and kept in sych so maybe you are looking for some similar feature?

Pretty good asset tracking

Pros

What I liked the most about the software was the qr codes that we could place on our assets. Being able to just quickly scan the code and see the info of the device and where its located at is very useful.

Cons

The thing I liked least about this software was that it kind of has an out of date feel to it on the site. Seems like it could use an update to its interface. Clicking on an asset I wish it wouldn't take you to a whole other page but would show you a preview with a few options and give you an option for full detailed view.

Hello Andrey, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes.Did you know re released GoCodes 2.0 earlier this year with an industry leading UI and user experience. We also just added as asset preview feature to our mobile apps in October and are adding a preview feature to the web software this month.