GoCodes Reviews - Page 5

Awesome Program To Help Keep Track of Inventory

We are a small lutheran school in Tomball Texas that has implemented a 1 to 1 program with our 5th through 8th grade. We needed a system for keeping track who was issued what device. GoCodes has been a major part of our technology plan and has made us a much more organized and productive team

Pros

Ease of use, barcode feature, ability to run reports

Cons

No real time location tracking

Missing the one element that I need the most

I want to be able to check tools in and out from a remote location where there is no cell service. I want the program to allow me to use my cell phone.

Pros

I can check my equipment in and out easily

Cons

I cannot do an inventory or check tools in and out from a remote location where there is no cell service. I cannot even do that, store it on my handheld and then download it to my computer later.

Hello Curt, thanks for providing your feedback. You're correct that our software requires an Internet connection to operate and so cannot be used off-the-grid. We have looked into adding this feature but it's more complex than you may assume and the demand is limited at this time. I hope you find something that will work for you.

NOT REALLY REAL TIME GPS TRACKING

They kindly refunded my membership, and were easy to work with. I have high hopes that they will develop a real live time GPS tracking system like this, it would be changing the construction world as we know it.

Pros

Like the concept of the easy to use phone app tracking system.

Cons

The quality of stickers was not good, and I ordered the highest rated. I asked several times if the GPS tracking could be used on tracking tools for a construction company, and was mislead to believe real time tracking was possible. After purchasing, implementing it on multiple tools and data entered in tracking system, learned it does not work unless you literally check each tool in on every job site, every move. Since we operate out of a shop and tools go to several job sites, this would never work.

Hello Brenda, your review is not fair or representative of our service. It's incorrect to state that you were told our solution provided real-time GPS tracking and that's something we never tell customers. In addition, you were provided a free 30 trial and support through your evaluation and while you tried our service out you failed fully test or understand this feature which was critical to your purchase decision. On the topic of the labels, we explained that there was an option to upgrade to a tougher material but you choose the poly labels which are not as tough. While our policy is not to provide refunds, we provided a full refund of your purchase.

Could use a little polishing, but overall very useful and works well

Pros

Good system to keep track of inventory and has lot's of information on each piece of equipment

Cons

Kind of a clunky UI and not very pretty, could use an overhaul in that area, but it works well.

Great feedback. We are about to release a whole new version of GoCodes 2.0 with a new and improved UI that will address your comments in that area. We wanted to focus on features and usability first, cosmetics second, but now it's time to release our new UI as well!

User Friendly

Pros

The website is easy to use and versatile. It sends me emails when my stock is low. That's my favorite feature.

Cons

I cant set up an account that allows for gradiated access. I don't want everyone to have access to the information and edit, but I would like for everyone to be able to update quantities.

HI Pamela, thanks for sharing your review. We will add the request of creating a new role for inventory users.

GoCodes; our go to source for tracking FA

It was hard finding a fixed asset tracking system for our very specialized field. Go Codes has the ability to customize for our very specific needs. That was very important.

Pros

Ease of use. Visually appealing. Reporting capabilities.

Cons

Haven't found anything I couldn't work around.

Thanks for providing your feedback on GoCodes. We do find many specialty business are able to effectively use GoCodes to address their asset tracking challenges at an affordable price.

Excellent

Movement of my equipment was very easy to monitor at anytime

Pros

Easy to use at any time on simple device

Cons

I liked everything about the software

Hello Olufemi, thanks for the review we're glad you like the software.

Great information distributiuon platform

Pros

This lets everyone know what is going on in a simple platform. It is simple to add comments as well.

Cons

No Edit capabilities of a post. This would be useful when there is information missing after a post which could be corrected while the tech is still in the field.

Hi Paul, thanks for the great review. Did you know it's possible to review and edit your data at any time, so updates should not be a problem.

IOS updates.

Pros

It is easy to use. I like how there are iOS apps

Cons

This company hasn’t updated their software so it hasn’t been optimized for the iPhone that came out two years ago. Let alone the iPhone X. It makes it unusable for my team.

Hello John, thanks for taking the time to review our service. I'm glad that you find GoCodes easy to uese. Can you please tell us what specifically does not work correctly with an iPhone X? We have many other customers using all different Apple devices and so need help to track your issue down. You can email support at support@gocodes.com

Content customer

Pros

Easy to use easy to explain for others to use

Cons

Customization options. Also licking editable fields in mobile app.

Hello Natalie, thanks for the great review and were pleased to hear that you and your team like our easy to use solution.

Portable restrooms

Pros

Price worked as it should throughout our trial. Sales people were very helpful and listened to our input.

Cons

Too many features that you cannot suppress. When we don't need it to do a certain feature you have built in we would like to have it removed from our screens.

Hi Zeb, great feedback. I will pass your comments to the product team so be included in the review process for future enhancements.

Good System, still tweaking

We're new to the system, so we're still learning tweaks and stuff.

Pros

Easy to set up and label assets, data entry via multiple devices.

Cons

Field entry of information is easy, but its also easy to overwrite previous entries. Only way to recover info is back at the office on PC.

Hi David, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. Glad you like the ease of use and data entry features.

Go Codes

If you falsely advertise and promise the problem is fixed and its not you should actually let the company out of the contract

Pros

We don't really like anything about the software

Cons

False advertising! We were led to believe you could scan and have the address and it doesn't work!

Hi Tammy, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. I'm sorry that this has not worked out as planned. All customers are encouraged to try the demo or free trial to ensure that the features work as needed for their specific project and that our solution will meet requirements. While our software does provide the street address for an asset when you click in the flag, your issue is that you want to be able to view these addresses in a report which we do not support. We don't believe we ever stated that was a feature and would be glad to refund your subscription if you can provide a copy of the advertising or communication that shows we incorrectly stated that we had that feature.

Logistics Coordinator

I have been using Gocodes system more than six months and I am very satisfied. It has all we need for the rental sector we operate. It is a fully customizable tool for tracking our assets since we set our group of products, so it could be used in other area. This web based tool allows us additional functionalities such as tracking asset location (through Google maps) and leaving the messages for every single asset while it`s in scaning process. Gocodes allows users to define their assets as they want. Platform is fast responsive and I would emphasize advanced search bar which is very useful. In summary Gocodes is very good system. Highly recommended! Sincerely, Milos Jelkic MSc transport engineer

GREAT CHOICE!

Pros

Easy to use, I would recommend due to how easy the access is to the software.

Cons

nothing this Is a great software for companys to use.

Hi Brandon, thanks for the great review.

Confusing issues with Updating

Tracking computes for the firm

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Scan and add an asset

Cons

Updating an asset is not as straightforward as one might think. Also ran into a bug in the software simply adding an an assignment in what I thought was a logical manner

Hello Marsha, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. We can help with updating assets. We are making a change to how assets are assigned using the Apple app which may address your issue. The new approach will be simpler as there will only be one way to do this and not too. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

We really love this it is everything we need for keeping track of our equipment.

Pros

It is very simple to work. I like how easy it is to operate. I love having the stickers. We are really happy with it.

Cons

When you get to the bottom sometimes it won't let you see what you are typing. I don't like that you make me write more than I want to.

Hi Yvette, thanks for the review. Can you let us know what you mean about your last comment?

Relatively easy to use and reliable with good features

We have not only been able to use this to track our assets but also have used it for outbound container loading and building manifests for shipping using the configuration tools and reporting

Pros

Configuration of screen and ability to choose relevant fields. User configurable fields are very helpful. Mobile app has good scanning ability and multiple scanning updates are very good

Cons

Would like the ability to reprint qr codes on demand, have an option to scan the asset assignment in as opposed to keying it Would like assign multiple asset id's to one asset id Mobile app is clunky to key in data

Non Profit

Pros

Options. Different field for lots of information

Cons

Lack of how to guides, clear indications on specific fields of use

Hello Hector, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. Have you tried the knowledge base for guides on answering the most common questions about using GoCodes? Our support team would be glad to assist you too at support@gocodes.com

GoCodes goes the extra mile

Excellent software that allows us to keep track of our equipment scattered on numerous jobsites in multiple states. We contacted GoCodes to see if it was possible to add some additional functionality to the software and they had it added for us within a week. Very good software and excellent people to work with.

Pros

That we are able to keep track of our equipment wherever it is located.

Cons

Easy to use, and perfect for our needs!

Great.

Pros

The easiness and simplicity of the software.

Cons

Only one picture per asset. Two would've been ideal

Hi Monique, Wow, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Delighted to hear you give GoCodes 10 out of 10. I'll pass your suggestion of multiple pictures per item to our development team.

Looking For Tools

We were looking for an economical tracking program to keep up with tool inventory on various construction projects. We initially set up the free account but found that it wasn't as robust as obtaining the Premium package. Since initiating the Premium package, we have been able to keep up all tool inventory over a broad spectrum of job sites. Highly recommend!

Pros

Cons

N/A

3rd Party Labels

Pros

Reference our assets from anywhere quickly. Double reference for our MDM

Cons

Will not read our 3rd party QR codes- “wrong data format”. The QR code outputs the exact letter/number combination, but will not read. I think the software expects a dash or similar, which is not required when manually searching. Because of this we must manually search for each item, and the QR portion of our labels is without reason.

Hello Colin, I appreciate you taking the time to review GoCodes. Sorry to hear you are not able to scan your unique 3rd party barcodes. Our solution includes our patented QR codes but I guess they would not work for you. I have asked a customer representative to reach out to you so we can get your scanning issue resolved.

It has been pretty good so far. Still developing more and more about it.

I can easily manage IT equipment given out.

Pros

I like the fact that you can take pictures of the tag and pulls up it, it makes the whole transition much easier.

Cons

The tracking mechanism is still pretty confusing, on how to track an item. It does make it harder to find support on that issue.

GoCodes Review

It is a great tool for what we needed

Pros

Scanning in the barcodes on mobile app is a nice feature

Cons

User interface; Limited on data options and reporting

Hello Jon, Pleased to hear that GoCodes is a great tool for your project. We can help you setup more custom field options if that would help. Just email support@gocodes.com