GreeneStep ERP Reviews

GreeneStep ERP

Enterprise resource planning & business management solution

Review Summary

4.8

Customize your Point of Sale according to your Industry

The Team of software developer rally minds and listened from their end user. They understand the value of time and money for this matter. Using a good software that makes sense is a valuable assets for the company.

Pros

Greenestep is very flexible to customize and the team of developers understand the benefits of listening from the start. This creates a mutual understanding and delivering a good product or result to end user. The system is very friendly, easy to navigate, manage and understand. They used simple technical language, and application that an amateur can adapt.

Cons

As an end user who deals with PoS software everyday, and working on a fast phase industry, you need some shortcuts to easily handle from having a quick link to your favorite tabs( according to user). We have applied some new customize tab just for our own use and application to make our daily task less stressful.

A good Business Partner

Overall very responsive, but they are also a fast growing company.

Pros

The software is very well designed, intuitive, easy to install, and migrate from your current system(s). It is very easy for the user to navigate and get their work done with minimal keystrokes and not be overwhelmed with thousands of switches or screen data that over stimulates or is overbearing. I like the feature that allows you to use it either on the Cloud (Data Center) or locally (your office)....

Cons

Right now I wish they would finish incorporating ACH and electronic Bank Reconcilation.

GES, Distributor review

Pros

One stop program to integrate nearly all business tools needed for a product distributor.

Cons

Support can be a bit delayed as well as improvements needed as the software was made for retail use.

Dear Reviewer, Thanks for the feedback and would like to discuss 1x1 regarding the additional features you would like to see in GreeneStep for Distribution business. And also would like to improve the support response from my team. Please email me @sunil.kumar@greenestep.com and I would definitely consider your feedback. Thanks again and appreciate it, Sunil CEO and Product Director

Best value in ERP Software

We went from running our company on an easily overwhelmed database in Microsoft Access with very little data consistency to a tightly integrated full suite ERP. To say we have solved every problem at this point would be a lie, but for the ones we haven't, we know where they are and we are coming to clean those up! Having your whole company run out of one package at least for the core functions is amazing. If you are looking to get into an ERP software, I highly recommend the team at Greenestep. It has helped us stay current and competitive without grossly overspending.

Pros

The number one thing for me is the team around this software. First, they are incredibly helpful if there is a problem and go the extra mile to help figure out what is wrong whether it is on your end or if it the occasional bug. At the end of the day though, the software provides an incredible amount of features and depth that is not easily available anywhere else. This software is excellent for any small business that doesn't want to spend every dollar they've ever made on a software package yet not be blown away by larger competitors who spend hundreds of thousands if not millions on an ERP package.

Cons

Despite the occasional bug, as with any software, there are "quirks" that need to be overcome. Sometimes things aren't located in a place where "we" think they should be located. Typically though, most of the issues we've had with the software are either user error or lack of understanding on our part. An in-depth and comprehensive user guide for reference would be great but their team is so helpful with questions that is relatively minor.

GreeneStep ERP

Excellent Customer Support. Someone will always pickup your support call. Support logs in through GTM remote access and addresses the issue right away. Affordable enterprise level ERP for small, medium and large size business. Overall quite happy with the software.

Pros

Greenestep is exceptionally easy to use. The data flow between the modules is excellent. Scores of meaningful and usable reports. Excellent performance, even on a smaller resourced server it runs fast. We run it in Windows RDS environment and have no performance issues. In last 3+ years of use GS has not crashed a single time.

Cons

There is not much not to like. Add more inventory related reports.

The Right Choice For Us

I cannot say enough great things about the support team. If we need anything I feel our business is a priority to the GreeneStep team. They are always timely with responses and when we run into a rare issue it is addressed quickly. Other than that the product itself is feature-rich. It has everything we need to run our business effectively.

Pros

The implementation of the software was the smoothest I have ever been a part of and I have done many. We stayed on schedule and there were no barriers to a smooth transition from our old software. The features are great as well- it fits well with our business.

Cons

We are using the remote version of the software, sometimes it can be slow but that is the internet and not the software itself.

Greenestep offers easy conversion from Everest Advanced

Greenestep integrates inventory management and full GL accounting

Pros

Greenestep made the transition from Everest Advanced almost painless. We had 14 years of experience with Everest. (Many of the Greenestep developers helped develop the early Everest software) Greenestep was able to take a Dropbox copy of Everest data file on Friday 5/24 and go live with Greenestep on Tuesday, 5/28. There were very few conversion issues, and they were quickly addressed. Greenestep insisted on remote training on all modules. The training was well executed. Some of the new inventory reports have been incredibly useful as is the ability to export almost any browser or report to Excel format for further manipulation.

Cons

Like Everest, the purpose of some reports is not fully documented.

Accounting for Non-Accountants

We are a small business and I am in charge of accounting. I am NOT an accountant - so I rely on Greenestep heavily to guide me into the "right" way to do month ends, etc. For my first tax closing, I called upon Greenestep for much hand holding as I muddled through various requirements. They were patient, thorough and responsive. And the end result was that my tax person had no questions and was able to file quickly. The Greenestep software helps me not make stupid mistakes and if I do, I know their support can help me unravel it in a non-judgmental way.

Pros

I love this software! We transitioned from a similar program that has been defunct and not supported for several years so my learning curve was pretty complete already. For me it is very intuitive and logical and complete. I have a feeling it is like my experience with Excell in that I'm only using a small percentage of its capabilities but it does the job very very well.

Cons

I have to say that the software is great - it is usually the user (me) that is deficient.

OnCloud has allowed me to run our warehouse remotely

Oncloud allows us to run the company with one software. It's easy to use

Pros

Inventory management and item replenishment help me with purchasing. I can easily update items in the back office that update the website at the same time. Website orders show up in Oncloud automatically, credit card processing is done in Oncloud and accounting journals are automatically made. The ease of importing new items from and excel spread sheet makes things easy and cuts down on input errors.

Cons

set up can be a challenge since the software does so much,. You are setting up a new back office and building a website at the same time. Next challenge was doing things for the first time, once I learned the processes, it's easy, but it take practice.

Economical and comprehensive

Pros

nice bundle of features and functionality, fast integration and responsive support

Cons

integration to popular e-commerce platform is not available, like big commerce, shopify or other marketplace platforms like Amazon, ebay

GreeneStep Review

Pros

The user interface is simple and easy to navigate. For me, this means training new employees on the software is easy because most features behave the same way and use the same layout across all the different modules. My favorite feature is the inventory system as it effectively tracks all stock, locations, and stock history precisely making inventory reporting simple. Integration into our existing business processes has been easy and effective, and the support team is knowledgeable, timely, and helpful.

Cons

The only issue I run into is the lack of an "Undo" button for purchasing/sales documents when they are turned to invoices and there was an error. Would be a nice feature to have, but the problems can still be resolved. It just takes a little more time.

Ease of conversion

We have unlocked massive operational efficiencies as a result of the migration. We have repurposed hardware to set ourselves up for new growth and the needs that will put on our organization. Additionally the team and customer support stay committed as we enter new phases of development.

Pros

We were working in a very old system and the team at GreeneStep took the time to comprehend that we needed to mirror the UI to ensure low downtime in conversion. They nailed it. We have been running without issue.

Cons

The only drawback is knowing you will need to be patient to get through each phase. Less a criticism and more a user preparedness. Don’t make the switch to a new system if your not prepared to get all it has to offer. But that will take time.