Hike Logo

Suggested alternatives

korona
retailedge
spoton-restaurant

Very frustrating experience. The iPad app is very unstable and unreliable.

Shaunak P.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

As the name suggests, it's a real Omni-channel POS.

There are no difficulties at all, it is a truly plug and play software. All you need to do is Upload your CSV data, customise your settings like currency and locale, and just connect it to your printing hardware, Just that and you are ready to unleash the highest potential. Also, you could start with a 14-days free trial.

Pros

Hike is build for all-screen first accessibility approach. Due to which it is suitable for all kind of audience and age category. It has some awesome ability on very obvious features like Inventory, Customer Profiles, Gift-cards, e-commerce, and retail tracking. It available across all version of operating systems and devices including budget iPads. It is also highly capable of being integrated with famous 3rd party services like Mailchimp, Amazon, Shopify, and WooCommerce etc. You also get a wide variety of payment options ranging from PayPal to Square.

Cons

From Ariel view, there are no cons at all. Haven't faced any lag or hang issues.Compatible with old hardware and is easy to setup. May be the UI could have been much more intuitive. But as long as it serves its purpose, have no issues.

SB

Shanna B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

We are so happy we switched to Hike POS!

From day one Hike has been a breeze to set-up and use, and is less stressful for us than the prior POS systems we tried (Quickbooks POS, Vend POS, Korona POS, Litespeed). The support staff has been super friendly, responsive and helpful. Rather than giving us flippant answers with links to FAQs, they have actually provided constructive and personalized responses. Rather than saying options aren't available, they actually put it up for consideration as a new feature if it doesn't already exist. It hasn't had the connection issues like Vend was been having, where their servers go down for half the day and can't handle offline sales.

Pros

The features are so customizable and rich! We required the ability to handle a complex inventory and were having trouble finding a POS that could handle our demands, but Hike has exceeded our expectations! They handle our needs for separate SKU/UPCs (which Vend POS didn't). The Sell screen has the ability to show how many products are on hand for products, and is not laggy like other browser systems...

Cons

It's a little more "click" intensive sometimes, where options are specific to the items and harder to 'apply to all' on purchase orders, or has common pitfalls such as browser compatibility (they recommend Chrome, but Opera did work with a few differences).

Hi Shanna, Thank you for your wonderful review. Glad to hear that you are happy switching to Hike. We always improving our platform based on customer feedback and have heaps of new features in the pipeline for the coming month. We certainly take pride in our support as that sets up apart from many of our competitors. Any more questions and we are just a click away :) Cheers to your continued retail success! Emma

Lack of support

Being a start up business when I first started using them, I wanted to support local, start ups, but their lack of customer loyalty is atrocious. Had they kept up the communication, assisted, offered discounts because of the continual issues, or even just gave us a call because of the constant issues, it would have been better. But zip. I did not want to move to another system because i had invested...

Pros

I commenced using Hike from a manual register. I thought it was relatively easy to implement with little to no support from Hike team.

Cons

There were continual glitches that impacted on the system to work effectively. Products would go missing all the time, I would then attempt to re-enter the product only to have the system state that 'it already exists'. I would refresh, re sync, re everything, but this was a continual glitch that caused frustration, time consuming and with the limited ability to contact Hike team or the usual 'we will let the tech team work on it', was little to no comfort when it continued over and over again.

Hi There, I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't had the best experience with Hike. Frustration is definitely not the result we're aiming for our clients. Can I request you to book a time with your account manager to go through your issue as we would love to help you resolve all tech issues. We certainly aim to be customer-focused as our clients have helped improve our features based on their user experience. Thank you again for raising your concerns. Regards Emma

MB

MICHAL B.

excellent product

At the moment with all features added and with a quality of customer service I am a very happy customer.

Pros

Best possible customer service you can get. They implemented suggested features making it better POS and inventory system than other 3rd party integrations for bigcommerce that I have checked. I can create a purchase order and reorder low inventory items for products that reached inventory reorder point 0, at the same time it won't reorder products that are already on existing POs which is great because...

Cons

no Cons, whatever didn't work for me was fixed

Hiran T.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

Recomended POS software for execution of sales process.

Retailing offline and online store is made live and integrated.

Pros

The retail POS system can be intergrated with hardware like scanner, printer and payment processor. This POS software works both on online and offline. Integration to ecommerce made management of online orders easy. Free training is done by Hike Point of Sale through online webinar which educate the user about how to use the software and to utilize its features and functions. The user can book a free consult at an initial who is specialized in retail.

Cons

The pricing of the software need to come up with more flexible plans.

Chandrakeerthan P.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Best in POS

Overall, this POS is the best at this price point, which helps a lot of tiny and micro-retail businesses handle their online and offline sales. They are regularly updating their iPad software, which unquestionably elevates it to the top of the list of mobile POS apps.

Pros

Hike is designed with accessibility for all screens in mind. Because of this, it is appropriate for all audiences and age groups. Inventories, customer profiles, gift cards, e-commerce, and retail tracking are some of its amazing capabilities.

Cons

There were ongoing issues that hindered the system's efficiency. Goods would frequently disappear, and when I tried to re-enter them, the system would tell me that they had already been entered.

RR

Riyasudeen R.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Hike Review

Hike pos has lots of good features like ecommerce integration, customizable invoice, inventory management with unlimited products listing but comes with a little bigger price tag.

Pros

Hike performs well even without internet and can be used iPad for easy billing around the retail store instead of customer being queued to a place.

Cons

It is little to make localization, it took little hassle to make the integration possible, apart from this cost is little high comparing to the other products in the market.

NS

Naika S.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Naï

Pros

The stickersss . I love texting on it with my boyfriend 🙈

Cons

I love everything about hike . The experience has been great

KO

Kayode O.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

A good Retail POS System for Small Business

I want to suggest base on my 'Cons' so as to accommodate more small business owners, there should be a difference in pricing that shows value for money

Pros

Accommodates unlimited users and also can be integrated to eCommerce Platform. interesting to see a friendly interface dashboard

Cons

The fact that some pricing plan can not transfer item from one outlet to other. There is also need to adjust the process to best suit businesses

CL

Cindy-Lee B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great POS

Pros

Integration with QBO very good. Need to map it correctly though. The integration options for 3 ecommerce platforms is great. Not tested them yet, but QBO integration working well.

Cons

Nothing stands out at me worth complaining about.

AB

Adam B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Hike - were definitely not here to help.

My experience with Hike has been horrible, the system has major flaws and the company as a whole is unprofessional.

Pros

The product is actually easy to use when it works. it just never works.

Cons

Reporting is lacking, syncing sales, customer details, etc is horrible, search functionality is cumbersome. Products, sales and customers are duplicated, and sometimes lost entirely. Program reverts to previous states, the app requires almost daily deletion and reinstallation, staff user functions change on their own. Even if you send a video of the error occurring in real time, hikes response to most issues is "its working fine here".

Hi Adam, Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with Hike. This is beyond ideal and certainly not the delightful experience we want to offer all our retailers. Could you please book a time with your account manager so we can get in touch with you? We'd like to go over your options and see how we can improve this situation for you. Regards Jo

KG

Kyle G.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

WOW!

I'm a web developer who specialises in POS systems and WooCommerce / web systems. We came from Vend, this is just amazing. Auto updates status, stock, perfect integration and super quick to update both sides. My clients are happy! That means they pay me.. Amazing!

Pros

Super fast support to start with. Under 2 mins every time!! But the two way sync is amazing!

Cons

Nothing just yet. Can't even find one thing I don't like.

RT

RAJAVEERAMANI T.

Design, 51-200 employees

One of the best Communication software

In my overall experience, Hike is the good one to use.

Pros

During initial stage, in Hike we can use group calls for our friends and etc. It was the good options which has provided in Hike even in the initial stage also.

Cons

Actually I like least because of nudge option given in that. When we double tab on screen , then nudge will send to that group.

AA

Akeel A.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Wanted inventory control based POS solution

Overall happy with Hike, miss few simple things from MYOB as mentioned in Cons

Pros

Easy to work with , well coordinated views, easy menus, well priced , Quick & excellent customer support , user friendly

Cons

need to give few more options to user e.g *fulfilment of partially received PO, (currently it shows item 'awaiting' but later upon receival cant change the status) * there should be a way of getting some acknowledgement that PO reached the supplier , * PO can be sent to more than one email addresses, simultaneously * reports and sales figures should have the option to see them with or without GST *...

AW

Alan W.

Best Customer support

It saved 4 hours every week due to integration with BigCommerce + QBO . I am confident that my store inventory are in order now enabling me to focus more on sales channels rather then admin tasks.

Pros

I tried 10 POS systemc including so called big players but no one can fulfill my simple request and after hours waiting to hear back I was referred to use Hike by BigCommerce team. Simple and easy to use - trust me as I am not computer literate integration with 3rd party software (QBO, BigCommerce). Support team was excellent Very Competitive plans (one of the best in the market)

Cons

- Reporting section can be improved cover more areas including individual sales. - Ipad app can play up sometimes - Payment integrations

jc

jeanette c.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Extremely frustrating

I feel they need to test run the program with retail companies for a year and iron out all the problems. Its created from a developers perspective not a end users. The intentions of the creators and support team are great but the product isnt.

Pros

Looks good, and is easy to use once set up. The support team are easy to get onto, but aren' t the tec team who resolve the issues.

Cons

It doesn't work. I've had the system for a year and it never successfully connected to my acc software. Buggy, crashes and a constant stream of problems. I feel this product is still in development, not ready for commercial use. I have lost a year of accounting reports, customer history etc. Every problem I have ends in a call or email to support, then passed to tec support then problem maybe sorted with in a few weeks. Then another problem occurs. I have spent more time trying to resolve problems that using the program. Save yourself the frustration, stay away.

TK

Tania K.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

hike

Very easy to use. Support is there if need. One of the best systems I have used

Pros

able to separate history on product by store, purchasing or sales. photo available linked to product.

Cons

you could duplicate products or customers very easily if misspelled

ED

Eric D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Not only a waste of time but it did things to my data, inventory etc that is taken me back weeks to

Wish I would have never gone through with this. Has set me back over 300 hours. Thank god we did it during slow season while we have a chance to recover

Pros

I liked all the promises that it supposedly was going to fix versus me using Shopify with additional apps

Cons

I do not even know where to begin. - Created multiple items - Added and subtracted randomly from both Hike and Shopify - Discount Groups cannot be trusted. Even after spending 3 hours on chat with their lead tech. - Created refunds in Hike and Shopify which I cannot undo so all those sales must be re-keyed - reporting even the custom version gives you so little options you have to spend hours figuring out what it means Wish I would not have tried this software EVER

AL

Albert L.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Hike review

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to learn. It has a decent dashboard which is functional and responsive and aesthetically pleasing to look at. Live chat support is available 24/7. Sales are processed quickly, not a lot of buttons to press to sell something. Efficient use of clicking. I also like how you can upload pictures as avatars for menu items

Cons

It does not integrate with our merchant machine, something the sales rep claimed it did. Presently when we make a debit machine sale, we have to process the card and then enter the sale into hike again, a real pain in the ass Reporting tools are lacking or it is hard to find what I am looking for. I can’t seem to find a report for every sale I have made by line item. Although there is 24/7 chat support, the reps are very slow to respond to queries. They stretched what should have been a 3 minute convo into 30 minutes. I think they are handling several clients simultaneously

Viv L.

Great POS software for Fashion Retail/wholesale

Saves 30% of my time and helps me understand my business while I am busy traveling away from the head office.

Pros

Ease of use - multilingual to support my staff, very intuitive, excellent support at 5 am in the morning - real 24/7. Highly recommend this software !!

Cons

would not recommend using touchscreen POS as mainly design to work with PC/Mac via browser or on an iPad with Hike IOS app.

KP

Krupal P.

Design, 51-200 employees

HIKE- AN INDIVIDUAL REVIEW

Pros

User friendly, easy to chat, easy to navigate the status and search for a friend.

Cons

Communication is a biggest issue, I would say.

KL

Kerry L.

Unfortunately I read the reviews - and believed them

Ensure you investigate ALL pricing options compared to other systems and it's a far far better financial investment to outlay a little bit more and get a quality product that will not continually freeze, is too simplistic and does not have important data like 'customer count' that any business requires.

Pros

I like the colour scheme. I initially liked the idea that it was a Melbourne based company. I would prefer to support local than invest in a multi-national product.

Cons

Continuously freezes, does not have the functionality requirements I require. I haven't experienced any other point of sale system before investing in Hike Up. I have however learned that many of the other Point of Sale Systems that are a little more expensive actually provide the necessary reporting frameworks required for my business. I had spoken to Hike Up on many occasions to ensure it was the 'right fit' for our business. Alas, it is not.

SF

Sally F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Hike is a great POS solution

The staff are very helpful and only ever a click away on chat

Pros

I recently set hike up for my POS and to integrate with my woocommerce store and it is a great option for people looking to find a reliable and well-priced POS system

Cons

I haven't found any negative features of the product

Devyani S.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use but non premium POS for retail

Overall this POS is best in this cost effective price which helps lots of micro and small retail stores online and in shop selling management. They are updating their ipad app which definitely makes it one of the best app for mobile POS system.

Pros

Their system is so easy to learn and to teach my employees about its features. Dashboards are straight forward and can be customized easily with filters. Also, It works seamlessly with my woo commerce panel so that offline and online customers are comes under one report system makes analyzing of sales easier.

Cons

Sometimes payment gets failed and there is no response from support about this. Ultimately makes customers get into trouble of making 2 times payment. Browser compatibility is one more issue as I am using opera which makes thing tricky a while.

JN

Jim N.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Amazing 24/7 Support

Pros

Incredible support. I work some very strange hours 24/7. It does not matter what time of night, on Saturday and Sundays included, and I get excellent support within a few minutes of posting my question. Every single time. It is very impressive.

Cons

Only 1 image associated with each product