Hike Reviews

Sell in-store, online and on-the-go with Hike POS

Hike

Review Summary

Russell C.

Support team was excellent. Very Competitive plans (one of the best in the market).

Alan W.

The interface is good, the idea is great, it has everything a startup needs to make a sale, see its inventory and follow up on sales.

Cons

These two alone should ring alarm bells for any small retail business. Bottom line is dont bother with Hike.

Very frustrating experience. The iPad app is very unstable and unreliable.

Raghu G.

The app keeps hanging, we keep losing conncetion to printer and scanner. The currency keeps changing from the store currency.

Raghu G.

3.9

Great POS software for Fashion Retail/wholesale

Saves 30% of my time and helps me understand my business while I am busy traveling away from the head office.

Pros

Ease of use - multilingual to support my staff, very intuitive, excellent support at 5 am in the morning - real 24/7. Highly recommend this software !!

Cons

would not recommend using touchscreen POS as mainly design to work with PC/Mac via browser or on an iPad with Hike IOS app.

excellent product

At the moment with all features added and with a quality of customer service I am a very happy customer.

Pros

Best possible customer service you can get. They implemented suggested features making it better POS and inventory system than other 3rd party integrations for bigcommerce that I have checked. I can create a purchase order and reorder low inventory items for products that reached inventory reorder point 0, at the same time it won't reorder products that are already on existing POs which is great because...

Cons

no Cons, whatever didn't work for me was fixed

Hike - were definitely not here to help.

My experience with Hike has been horrible, the system has major flaws and the company as a whole is unprofessional.

Pros

The product is actually easy to use when it works. it just never works.

Cons

Reporting is lacking, syncing sales, customer details, etc is horrible, search functionality is cumbersome. Products, sales and customers are duplicated, and sometimes lost entirely. Program reverts to previous states, the app requires almost daily deletion and reinstallation, staff user functions change on their own. Even if you send a video of the error occurring in real time, hikes response to most issues is "its working fine here".

WOW!

I'm a web developer who specialises in POS systems and WooCommerce / web systems. We came from Vend, this is just amazing. Auto updates status, stock, perfect integration and super quick to update both sides. My clients are happy! That means they pay me.. Amazing!

Pros

Super fast support to start with. Under 2 mins every time!! But the two way sync is amazing!

Cons

Nothing just yet. Can't even find one thing I don't like.

Hike is a great POS solution

The staff are very helpful and only ever a click away on chat

Pros

I recently set hike up for my POS and to integrate with my woocommerce store and it is a great option for people looking to find a reliable and well-priced POS system

Cons

I haven't found any negative features of the product

Amazing 24/7 Support

Pros

Incredible support. I work some very strange hours 24/7. It does not matter what time of night, on Saturday and Sundays included, and I get excellent support within a few minutes of posting my question. Every single time. It is very impressive.

Cons

Only 1 image associated with each product

Easy to Use and Support is Great

Was easy to install and simple to integrate. I did have a little trouble syncing the Tyro POS initially because I did it incorrectly initially, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was quick to respond and the fix was easy.

Pros

The best part about Hike, initially, was that I could transfer my products from Vend to Hike and then to Woocommerce. And also the fact that I have the one platform to integrate everything - woocommerce, Tyro, Xero and Mailchimp - making life much simpler!

Cons

Being able to change/add loyalty points to specific customers would be great.

Not only a waste of time but it did things to my data, inventory etc that is taken me back weeks to

Wish I would have never gone through with this. Has set me back over 300 hours. Thank god we did it during slow season while we have a chance to recover

Pros

I liked all the promises that it supposedly was going to fix versus me using Shopify with additional apps

Cons

I do not even know where to begin. - Created multiple items - Added and subtracted randomly from both Hike and Shopify - Discount Groups cannot be trusted. Even after spending 3 hours on chat with their lead tech. - Created refunds in Hike and Shopify which I cannot undo so all those sales must be re-keyed - reporting even the custom version gives you so little options you have to spend hours figuring out what it means Wish I would not have tried this software EVER

Great POS

Pros

Integration with QBO very good. Need to map it correctly though. The integration options for 3 ecommerce platforms is great. Not tested them yet, but QBO integration working well.

Cons

Nothing stands out at me worth complaining about.

Wanted inventory control based POS solution

Overall happy with Hike, miss few simple things from MYOB as mentioned in Cons

Pros

Easy to work with , well coordinated views, easy menus, well priced , Quick & excellent customer support , user friendly

Cons

need to give few more options to user e.g *fulfilment of partially received PO, (currently it shows item 'awaiting' but later upon receival cant change the status) * there should be a way of getting some acknowledgement that PO reached the supplier , * PO can be sent to more than one email addresses, simultaneously * reports and sales figures should have the option to see them with or without GST *...

Best Customer support

It saved 4 hours every week due to integration with BigCommerce + QBO . I am confident that my store inventory are in order now enabling me to focus more on sales channels rather then admin tasks.

Pros

I tried 10 POS systemc including so called big players but no one can fulfill my simple request and after hours waiting to hear back I was referred to use Hike by BigCommerce team. Simple and easy to use - trust me as I am not computer literate integration with 3rd party software (QBO, BigCommerce). Support team was excellent Very Competitive plans (one of the best in the market)

Cons

- Reporting section can be improved cover more areas including individual sales. - Ipad app can play up sometimes - Payment integrations

Awesome

It helped me boosting up my sales. I would like to give it 100 stars if i could!

Pros

Without it i was Zero, With it I'm a. Hero! It is the best online POS platform I've ever visited. It boosted my sales to the sky!!

Cons

Nothing is there to like the least because every service is best.

Very easy and intuiative

Pros

very easy to implement and work seamlessly with my ecommerce and accounting software

Cons

not have phone support is difficult although their live chat support is much of a breeze

Excellent Service

Excellent , Fantastic customer service easy to use and set up and if you get stuck you can chat live on the screen integrates with zero and other accounting software would highly recommend to anyone who needs a POS Service

Pros

Easy to use ,easy to set Up integrates with most accounting software

Cons

Nothing was easy to set up and to use couldn’t think of any cons

Best customer service ever

Pros

The pops is great, has all the features needed good for small and large business. I'd like to mention little about my experience with hike. I texted customer service at 4:00 am and asked for information on their pos system. I was astonished that I got answer right away and they booked appointment for demo for the next day. He explained everything and answered all my questions and he was so patient. He seemed to be a pro of what he is doing and all in all, best customer service experience ever.

Cons

The only con is that there is no kitchen printing feature for a restaurant or coffee shop. I totally recommend Hike for every business who doesn't use this feature.

Extremely frustrating

I feel they need to test run the program with retail companies for a year and iron out all the problems. Its created from a developers perspective not a end users. The intentions of the creators and support team are great but the product isnt.

Pros

Looks good, and is easy to use once set up. The support team are easy to get onto, but aren' t the tec team who resolve the issues.

Cons

It doesn't work. I've had the system for a year and it never successfully connected to my acc software. Buggy, crashes and a constant stream of problems. I feel this product is still in development, not ready for commercial use. I have lost a year of accounting reports, customer history etc. Every problem I have ends in a call or email to support, then passed to tec support then problem maybe sorted with in a few weeks. Then another problem occurs. I have spent more time trying to resolve problems that using the program. Save yourself the frustration, stay away.

Hike review

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to learn. It has a decent dashboard which is functional and responsive and aesthetically pleasing to look at. Live chat support is available 24/7. Sales are processed quickly, not a lot of buttons to press to sell something. Efficient use of clicking. I also like how you can upload pictures as avatars for menu items

Cons

It does not integrate with our merchant machine, something the sales rep claimed it did. Presently when we make a debit machine sale, we have to process the card and then enter the sale into hike again, a real pain in the ass Reporting tools are lacking or it is hard to find what I am looking for. I can’t seem to find a report for every sale I have made by line item. Although there is 24/7 chat support, the reps are very slow to respond to queries. They stretched what should have been a 3 minute convo into 30 minutes. I think they are handling several clients simultaneously

New user, very happy so far and impressed with features

Clean, intuitive interface.

Pros

Easy to see customer history. We are moving from an invoicing system to a POS and we need to track customers, and Hike does this very well. Also like the Store Credit and LayBy function, and that you can add a customer in after the event (with admin permissions).

Cons

Nothing yet, however I am a new user so don't have any long term experience to draw on. Hike does everything we need.

State Of The Art in POS

Pros

Having used most of the popular POS systems on the market Hikeup offers the finest backup support, very responsive and personalized. We have been in the retail business since 1970, seen all the incarnations of the POS system. My experience is that Hikeup offers the state of the art. A very well thought out POS system that puts you in control without effort.

Cons

I haven't found any issues.

A good Retail POS System for Small Business

I want to suggest base on my 'Cons' so as to accommodate more small business owners, there should be a difference in pricing that shows value for money

Pros

Accommodates unlimited users and also can be integrated to eCommerce Platform. interesting to see a friendly interface dashboard

Cons

The fact that some pricing plan can not transfer item from one outlet to other. There is also need to adjust the process to best suit businesses

Unfortunately I read the reviews - and believed them

Ensure you investigate ALL pricing options compared to other systems and it's a far far better financial investment to outlay a little bit more and get a quality product that will not continually freeze, is too simplistic and does not have important data like 'customer count' that any business requires.

Pros

I like the colour scheme. I initially liked the idea that it was a Melbourne based company. I would prefer to support local than invest in a multi-national product.

Cons

Continuously freezes, does not have the functionality requirements I require. I haven't experienced any other point of sale system before investing in Hike Up. I have however learned that many of the other Point of Sale Systems that are a little more expensive actually provide the necessary reporting frameworks required for my business. I had spoken to Hike Up on many occasions to ensure it was the 'right fit' for our business. Alas, it is not.

A good, easy to use POS system

Really like it. Looked at several systems and this was the best mix of features and simplicity. Also, their free assisted data import was a big plus for us.

Pros

-Easy to use (employees pick up the POS functions almost w/o training) -Works great for service providers with good inventory, service items & appointments Great support - I asked a lot of questions before getting started and the support team was patient and knowledgeable -Automated close out process - easy process to close out register -Do not charge by users, only charged by register - nice! -Love the cloud! - awesome to work at home and not be chained to the store -No internal loyalty program

Cons

-Purchasing features a little confusing until you get the hang if it -Needs a "copy product' feature

Not Reliable

It feels I wasted a lot of time trying to rely in the software.

Pros

Cons

The reporting/ dashboards are not reliable, not able to make edits to a sale without refunding it. Shopify integration caused lots of issues. Inefficient customer support with lack in solutions.

Enhancing Our Retail Operations

The company has bent over, backwards, to help our small shop to get set up and running.

Pros

The support team to help us get set up. We are learning as fast as we can from them.

Cons

No major problems have been identified to-date.

Very good already and constantly improving

We have been using standard POS for a while now and this is the first time we moved our business to a cloud based system. There are many similar systems out there but a plus thing about choosing Hike was their customer support. Their team have been extremely helpful with this transition. They helped us setup and import all our existing products and customers data. So big thanks to Hike support team. Another big factor was that they offer both inventory and appointment booking and because we sell both products and services, it just works beautifully for us. Plus they have all the features we need and price tag is reasonable for our small business.