Hike Reviews

3.61/5 (23 reviews)

Akeel Ahmad

Wanted inventory control based POS solution

Reviewed 2017-10-11

Overall happy with Hike, miss few simple things from MYOB as mentioned in Cons

Pros
Easy to work with , well coordinated views, easy menus, well priced , Quick & excellent customer support , user friendly

Cons
need to give few more options to user e.g *fulfilment of partially received PO, (currently it shows item 'awaiting' but later upon receival cant change the status) * there should be a way of getting some acknowledgement that PO reached the supplier , * PO can be sent to more than one email addresses, simultaneously * reports and sales figures should have the option to see them with or without GST * a general refund option should be available... for example a customer brings back a faulty product after few weeks but lost the receipt. We can recognise that its our product unit, but then how to refund? * in certain situations, we want to charge higher price of the product... but cant do it in HIKE as it prints the original price underneath (in strikes through)... so if the sold price is higher than actual... Hike should only print the higher price on receipt.... else we face an angry customer... (MYOB allows this)

Alan Wong

Best Customer support

Reviewed 2018-02-02

It saved 4 hours every week due to integration with BigCommerce + QBO . I am confident that my store inventory are in order now enabling me to focus more on sales channels rather then admin tasks.

Pros
I tried 10 POS systemc including so called big players but no one can fulfill my simple request and after hours waiting to hear back I was referred to use Hike by BigCommerce team. Simple and easy to use - trust me as I am not computer literate integration with 3rd party software (QBO, BigCommerce). Support team was excellent Very Competitive plans (one of the best in the market)

Cons
- Reporting section can be improved cover more areas including individual sales. - Ipad app can play up sometimes - Payment integrations

Viv Lee

Great POS software for Fashion Retail/wholesale

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Saves 30% of my time and helps me understand my business while I am busy traveling away from the head office.

Pros
Ease of use - multilingual to support my staff, very intuitive, excellent support at 5 am in the morning - real 24/7. Highly recommend this software !!

Cons
would not recommend using touchscreen POS as mainly design to work with PC/Mac via browser or on an iPad with Hike IOS app.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Nikhil Bansal

Awesome

Reviewed 2018-10-24

It helped me boosting up my sales. I would like to give it 100 stars if i could!

Pros
Without it i was Zero, With it I'm a. Hero! It is the best online POS platform I've ever visited. It boosted my sales to the sky!!

Cons
Nothing is there to like the least because every service is best.

Very easy and intuiative

Reviewed 2019-05-08

Pros
very easy to implement and work seamlessly with my ecommerce and accounting software

Cons
not have phone support is difficult although their live chat support is much of a breeze

Eric DeGonia

Not only a waste of time but it did things to my data, inventory etc that is taken me back weeks to

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-08-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Wish I would have never gone through with this. Has set me back over 300 hours. Thank god we did it during slow season while we have a chance to recover

Pros
I liked all the promises that it supposedly was going to fix versus me using Shopify with additional apps

Cons
I do not even know where to begin. - Created multiple items - Added and subtracted randomly from both Hike and Shopify - Discount Groups cannot be trusted. Even after spending 3 hours on chat with their lead tech. - Created refunds in Hike and Shopify which I cannot undo so all those sales must be re-keyed - reporting even the custom version gives you so little options you have to spend hours figuring out what it means Wish I would not have tried this software EVER

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Cindy-Lee Bezuidenhout

Great POS

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-09-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Integration with QBO very good. Need to map it correctly though. The integration options for 3 ecommerce platforms is great. Not tested them yet, but QBO integration working well.

Cons
Nothing stands out at me worth complaining about.

rami kassem

Best customer service ever

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2017-10-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The pops is great, has all the features needed good for small and large business. I'd like to mention little about my experience with hike. I texted customer service at 4:00 am and asked for information on their pos system. I was astonished that I got answer right away and they booked appointment for demo for the next day. He explained everything and answered all my questions and he was so patient. He seemed to be a pro of what he is doing and all in all, best customer service experience ever.

Cons
The only con is that there is no kitchen printing feature for a restaurant or coffee shop. I totally recommend Hike for every business who doesn't use this feature.

Adam Benson

Hike fails to live up to its promised functionality.

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-12-13
Review Source: Software Advice

We started with Hike 2. Twelve months after we subscribed they doubled the price. We didnt have time to source and test a new program so we had to go with Hike. There are jsut too many issues to list. When I first ran payment reports I foiund that the Cash takings were being recorded as Eftpos and the Eftpos was being recorded as Cash, You couls also refund an item from an invoice multiple times. These two alone should ring alarm bells for any small retail business. Bottom line is dont bother with Hike.

Pros
It looks nice and the name is cool. Thats all I can think of but this text box is a minimum of 100 characters.

Cons
If you are using an Ipad you can not trust the Stock, Pricing, Revenue Data, User Information, Search Function or Register Summaries. The invoices have incorrect dates and the Layby functionality across multiple registers is useless. Be prepared to be deleting the app and data syncing every 15 minutes. None of the Suport staff can communicate well so deciphering answers can be tedious.

jeanette cleary

Extremely frustrating

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-11-26
Review Source: Software Advice

I feel they need to test run the program with retail companies for a year and iron out all the problems. Its created from a developers perspective not a end users. The intentions of the creators and support team are great but the product isnt.

Pros
Looks good, and is easy to use once set up. The support team are easy to get onto, but aren' t the tec team who resolve the issues.

Cons
It doesn't work. I've had the system for a year and it never successfully connected to my acc software. Buggy, crashes and a constant stream of problems. I feel this product is still in development, not ready for commercial use. I have lost a year of accounting reports, customer history etc. Every problem I have ends in a call or email to support, then passed to tec support then problem maybe sorted with in a few weeks. Then another problem occurs. I have spent more time trying to resolve problems that using the program. Save yourself the frustration, stay away.

Albert Liaw

Hike review

Reviewed 2018-02-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The software is very intuitive and easy to learn. It has a decent dashboard which is functional and responsive and aesthetically pleasing to look at. Live chat support is available 24/7. Sales are processed quickly, not a lot of buttons to press to sell something. Efficient use of clicking. I also like how you can upload pictures as avatars for menu items

Cons
It does not integrate with our merchant machine, something the sales rep claimed it did. Presently when we make a debit machine sale, we have to process the card and then enter the sale into hike again, a real pain in the ass Reporting tools are lacking or it is hard to find what I am looking for. I can’t seem to find a report for every sale I have made by line item. Although there is 24/7 chat support, the reps are very slow to respond to queries. They stretched what should have been a 3 minute convo into 30 minutes. I think they are handling several clients simultaneously

Fiona Hankinson

New user, very happy so far and impressed with features

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Clean, intuitive interface.

Pros
Easy to see customer history. We are moving from an invoicing system to a POS and we need to track customers, and Hike does this very well. Also like the Store Credit and LayBy function, and that you can add a customer in after the event (with admin permissions).

Cons
Nothing yet, however I am a new user so don't have any long term experience to draw on. Hike does everything we need.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Russell Collins

State Of The Art in POS

Reviewed 2018-06-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Having used most of the popular POS systems on the market Hikeup offers the finest backup support, very responsive and personalized. We have been in the retail business since 1970, seen all the incarnations of the POS system. My experience is that Hikeup offers the state of the art. A very well thought out POS system that puts you in control without effort.

Cons
I haven't found any issues.

Kayode OYERINDE

A good Retail POS System for Small Business

Reviewed 2019-01-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I want to suggest base on my 'Cons' so as to accommodate more small business owners, there should be a difference in pricing that shows value for money

Pros
Accommodates unlimited users and also can be integrated to eCommerce Platform. interesting to see a friendly interface dashboard

Cons
The fact that some pricing plan can not transfer item from one outlet to other. There is also need to adjust the process to best suit businesses

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kerry Leemon

Unfortunately I read the reviews - and believed them

Reviewed 2019-01-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Ensure you investigate ALL pricing options compared to other systems and it's a far far better financial investment to outlay a little bit more and get a quality product that will not continually freeze, is too simplistic and does not have important data like 'customer count' that any business requires.

Pros
I like the colour scheme. I initially liked the idea that it was a Melbourne based company. I would prefer to support local than invest in a multi-national product.

Cons
Continuously freezes, does not have the functionality requirements I require. I haven't experienced any other point of sale system before investing in Hike Up. I have however learned that many of the other Point of Sale Systems that are a little more expensive actually provide the necessary reporting frameworks required for my business. I had spoken to Hike Up on many occasions to ensure it was the 'right fit' for our business. Alas, it is not.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Anonymous

A good, easy to use POS system

Reviewed 2015-12-15

Really like it. Looked at several systems and this was the best mix of features and simplicity. Also, their free assisted data import was a big plus for us.

Pros
-Easy to use (employees pick up the POS functions almost w/o training) -Works great for service providers with good inventory, service items & appointments Great support - I asked a lot of questions before getting started and the support team was patient and knowledgeable -Automated close out process - easy process to close out register -Do not charge by users, only charged by register - nice! -Love the cloud! - awesome to work at home and not be chained to the store -No internal loyalty program

Cons
-Purchasing features a little confusing until you get the hang if it -Needs a "copy product' feature

Not Reliable

Reviewed 2019-03-06

It feels I wasted a lot of time trying to rely in the software.

Pros
The interface is good, the idea is great, it has everything a startup needs to make a sale, see its inventory and follow up on sales.

Cons
The reporting/ dashboards are not reliable, not able to make edits to a sale without refunding it. Shopify integration caused lots of issues. Inefficient customer support with lack in solutions.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Henna Lakhani

Very good already and constantly improving

Reviewed 2015-11-18

We have been using standard POS for a while now and this is the first time we moved our business to a cloud based system. There are many similar systems out there but a plus thing about choosing Hike was their customer support. Their team have been extremely helpful with this transition. They helped us setup and import all our existing products and customers data. So big thanks to Hike support team. Another big factor was that they offer both inventory and appointment booking and because we sell both products and services, it just works beautifully for us. Plus they have all the features we need and price tag is reasonable for our small business.

Raghu Gidda

Unstable iPad app

Reviewed 2018-07-21
Review Source: Software Advice

If only the app works as it's intended then this can be stellar product. But it's currently very unstable and unreliable making this useless.

Pros
Software as designed is minimalist ic and easy to use. Simple and intuitive design. 24 support that is responsive.

Cons
Unreliable iPad POS app. Very frustrating experience. The iPad app is very unstable and unreliable. The app keeps hanging, we keep losing conncetion to printer and scanner. The currency keeps changing from the store currency. The sales history under POS section keeps showing incorrect values. The settings keeps dissapearing. Only response from support is that we are asked to delete and reinstall app to fix things and we are having to do that at least twice a day.

Harnie Wilson

Very good for small retailers

Reviewed 2016-03-25

Hike is a very good system and provides all the feature a small retailer business can ask for. They are continuously improving, updates and more features are released almost every month. So it is perfectly suitable for small retailers like us.

Pros
- Good POS with tons of features - eCommerce - Inventory

Cons
- Integration with our local bank still not available

Chris Young

Best customer service

Reviewed 2016-03-20

I've been using Hike point of sale for over 4 months now. Before moving to Hike we've also used other 2 cloud-based point of sale software systems. Mostly, all of them being on cloud, are easy to use and they offer very similar functionality matrix. However, the one thing that got us to move and stick to Hike was their customer service. Pros: Their customer service team is top notch and available 24/7. Cons: Very happy with their software so no cons to report at this stage.

Joshua Rush

Hike POS

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-09-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This software is extremely customizable and efficient. Has superb analytic and reporting tools included

Cons
Missing some key features that are not included with the base package. Installing add ons can be pricey

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10