All categories

Easy to Use, Simple Maintenance Management Software

visit website

Hippo CMMS Reviews

Very Good Product For The Price

Helps to keep focused on priorities.

Pros

This software gives you the ability to track and submit work orders in a very affordable and easy to use package.

Cons

Occasionally there can be a lag time with the programs servers.

Thank you for your review, Chris! I'm pleased to know that Hippo is helping PVS Chemicals to better manage and prioritize maintenance tasks. I'm happy to notice Ease of Use and Value for Money among your comments, which are two big priorities for us! I'm going to be in touch with you so we can further investigate what may have caused a lag in our system. Thanks again for your time to share your experience! Please don't hesitate to be in touch if you ever needs any assistance. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

Excellent Product, Reasonable Cost

We have identified trends and have been able to amend maintenance schedules based on those trends, very helpful in that regard.

Pros

It is easy to use and easy to learn to use the major functions that maintenance software is purchased for.

Cons

It has a few "quirky" features that I think may be because it is a cloud based software.

Hi David, Thank you so much for your review! It's great to know that it was easy to learn how to use Hippo and that you're getting important information from your database to identify trends and adjust your maintenance schedule accordingly. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever experience any problems when using Hippo. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

Hippo CMMS Software

Hippo CMMS software makes life as a maintenance supervisor much easier. At Haas Cabinet, we were looking a way to keep work orders organized and scheduled, while also keeping track of the costs per repair. Hippo software answered the bell. We are able to track all work orders, costs of each work order, parts inventory, and have scheduled preventative maintenance work orders automatically generate. Hippo helped bring our family owned business into the 21st century.

Pros

Hippo has a really neat layout. They can use your floor plans and lay out the equipment you maintain so that you get the really cool visual experience that no one else brings. We really like the mobile app. Hippo desktop version syncs with your smartphone or IPad via the Hippo mobile app. Our maintenance guys can create, complete and modify work orders from anywhere they have internet service or mobile phone access.

Cons

We rely on the email alert function to be fully functional. Our maintenance employee's are alerted about works order requests via email. Seems like from time to time Hippo's email servers go down, and we are not aware that work requests are being created.

Hi Tim, thanks for the great feedback and glad to hear Hippo is working well for Haas Cabinet. The e-mail issue should be resolved. If you experience any issues you know to call our tech support team. They are always there to help out when in a jam.

Easy to Use

It is a great deal for the cost and it really does exactly what I need it to. Reports and queries are really easy to generate.

Pros

It is easy to use. Set up can be a bit dicey if you don't know what you are doing. This is essentially a database program, so it is good to have someone with experience help with set up to get the hierarchies done properly

Cons

It is SAAS, so it can be a bit "laggy". The function's don't always cooperate and I close the program frequently for reboot

HI Matt, Always nice to hear good feedback about a User's experience with Hippo! You are correct that set up can be interesting but our Data Integration team has great advice and experience to help guide new clients. Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback.

Needed help with Item

Very good valve for the cost. Easy for users to put in task for staff.

Pros

I like that I can put in task really easy. We have it setup so staff can put in task that I can assign to staff.

Cons

I would like to go back and open completed task

Hi Mel, Thank you very much for the review! We take pride in offering an easy to use software for our users, and it is great to see that you feel that way. We understand that a lot of users would benefit from being able to edit closed work orders so it is a feature we are currently working on. If you ever need any assistance never hesitate to reach out. We are always here for you! Best Regards, Matt Jacobsen Customer Success Manager mjacobsen@hippocmms.com 1-866-956-2859 ext 265

Hippo Review

Hippo has been a great addition to helping our team keep on top of preventative maintenance, history on equipment, and better tracking system for demands in our facility.

Pros

Ease of use for resources performing work. Keeps history on equipment.

Cons

Not able to extract everything needed from reports that we might need. Using the Extract file comes out in an Excel sheet, but would be nice to see like how the reports are produced. We perform a monthly report for how many demands/PM's were sent in for a specific month, how many of them were completed, hours associated with it as well as previous moths completed in that specific month. I need to flip flop between "Work Order Search" and "Reports" to be able to find all the information we need. Would like to be able to add more then one photo to "Equipment"' Would like to be able to find a work order by key words., not just ID number.

Thank you for the feedback, Lindsey! Hippo can definitely keep maintenance departments better organized with preventative maintenance.

HippoFM is great software

have been using it for over 5 years so I would say I am very happy.

Pros

simple one click viewing of your work orders, very obvious work order submit button, submitting is easy with little information needed to understand the issue.

Cons

some of the options in the administration tabs can have a learning curve

Hi Seth Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It has been great serving Seamterics over the past 5 years. The Hippo team is happy to hear that you guys are still getting great value out of Hippo and find it simple and easy to use. Join us for one of our upcoming webinars to learn more about some of the new features we have added. I am sure that Seametrics can benefit and make good use out of some of them.

Works very well

It is very helpful and a benefit to track work done in area's as well as the costs associated with those.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. Most area's are self explanatory.

Cons

I cannot bulk input equipment items, or even have a template for repetitive input items.

Hi Matt! " Easy to use," is what we strive to hear. Hippo is designed to be user friendly and I am happy to know you feel that way! Adding a few assets at a time isn't very difficult, but it you have a bulk of information just keep in mind that we can always help import that! Thank you for taking a moment to provide us your feedback. Have a great day! Mel Motoch

Hippo CMMS

Hippo is a very powerful tool. With hippo, you'll be able to keep your maintenance program running smoothly and track your performance with ease.

Pros

-The several metrics available to measure performance. -The ability to add associations between parts and machines. -The ability to create several instances. -The reports one is able to create to acquire the desire information

Cons

-Loading times can be long sometimes -Websites crashes sometimes

Thank you for your great review, Luis! It's great to know Hippo is helping Oxygen Development to keep the maintenance program running smoothly. I'm glad you're taking advantage of our reports and KPI section to track performance. Please let me know if you ever have any questions and if you experience any issues. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

Hippo is awesome

It helped to streamline our work orders

Pros

I like the fact the Hippo was very easy to learn and is user friendly. the customer service is outstanding.

Cons

The only negative I have about this software is sometimes there can be a delay between the pages when inputting items.

Hi Chris - So glad to hear that Hippo continues to be a helpful tool for PVS Chemicals. You have been a long time customer and we are happy to know that you are getting value out of the system. We are working on improving the page load time for the admin grids - you should notice that the work orders and equipment list are loading much faster. More features and improvements to come ! Thank you for your feedback. Daniel

Hippo Review

No problems with the program, except we wish the " time-out" was a little longer

Pros

Every option we need, excellent customer support

Cons

A little bit " overkill " for our needs

Thank you for your review, Rick! I'm going to share your review with our customer support team. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's great to know Hippo is being a great tool for you and your team at Chinook School Division. Your feedback is extremely valuable and I'll make a suggestion to the development team regarding extended timeout times. Right know it is set up to a maximum of 1 hour. Please let me know if you ever have any questions. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Adviser 866.956.2859 x 223 | f.carvalho@hippocmms.com

Good but can be much better

It is OK but can be better.

Pros

Simple interface. Can add photos albeit file size is limited. I'm sure this could be increased if you pay for the additional storage.

Cons

Entering Equipment Model (type) and equipment. They should have a page (Like MAXIMO used to have and probably still does) where all pertinent equipment information is entered on a page or Tab rather than one looong line (like Excel) i.e. motor, fan, size, equipment detail rather than just a description box (too generic). Being web based it is slow to take your data (quirky) and can be frustrating when you have a lot of info to process.

As an administrator of 30 communities, HIPPO has been very helpful

Pros

ease of use, ability to customize the program for functionality and appearance, and timely customer support and opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions.

Cons

There are several features that are not part of the program YET that will be beneficial when integrated.

Hi Wendel, It has been a while since I have personally connected with you. You have been a long time Hippo user and you took on setting up your 30 communities on your own. Amazing.. Glad to hear that Hippo continues to be a helpful maintenance management solution for Independent Healthcare Properties. Our team looks forward to servicing you in the years to come. Daniel

It quickly allowed me to build a maintenance hub.

Pros

Their support is awesome. The product is very straightforward with almost no learning curve and nothing to install, which I like given the constant problems that PC give us. The most convincing fact about this product and vendor is that they allow you to just begin using their product with no outrageous minimum commitment times that every other competitor had. You sign up, begin building your data base and if I don't like it, I can just walk away from it after all. The price point is absolutely realistic and good unlike some other competitor's.

Cons

I don't like that the product is not cross browser platform compatible, but it might be for the better so everything is consistent at least in one browser. I'd like to see a bit more functionality like alarm messages when warranty due dates are coming up etc. Tracking fluids would be nice too, but they are working on several things and I am sure certain sections will get more functionality. The mobile version is very bare, forcing me to find a computer to do things like adding equipment that I haven't added yet.

Quality software

Experience has been great. Customer service has been very helpful for any questions that I have had.

Pros

The software helps keep maintenance very simple to track and schedule work orders.

Cons

The software has been great once all the assets have been added. The biggest issue was just gather all the info on my end way it took us so long to start using. But once everything has been set up the software has made my job a lot easier to schedule work orders and keep track of maintenance.

Brandon, We just wanted to thank you for such a kind review! We're lucky to have you as a customer. -your Hippo CMMS team

Hippo the problem solver

We are keeping a much better record of our employees work tasks and equipment repair history.

Pros

Tracks repair history, sends e-mail notifications, tracks part quantities, very easy to use, and great customer service!

Cons

We would like to go back into work orders and update them after they have been closed.

Hi Mel Thank you for your review and feedback. Happy to hear that Hippo continues to be instrumental at streamlining maintenance at Manheim Auto Auction. We take your feedback seriously and will work towards making your suggestions available. Please continue to reach out to the customer success team if you need anything, support or other.

A Great Way To Keep Up With Maintenance

Pros

Hippo CMMS does a great job at tracking everything one would need for maintenance on any facility. From when things are due for maintenance to what is needed for the maintenance due, Hippo allows you to log it all.

Cons

Navigation is a bit confusing at first. Trying to locate where everything is, from equipment to location, can be tricky until you're used to Hippo's layout.

Hi Nathan Really appreciate you leaving us your feedback. Sounds like we are meeting your requirements as a maintenance management system. This is key. As for user interface and navigation, your feedback counts and we always work to improve the user experience. We just hired a new UX designer for our development team and she is awesome. Look out for some fresh new changes - feel free to send us suggestions as well.

Maintenance Coordinator

Pros

Simple and easy to use although the new version was a bit confusing at first but after some time and a few questions it's getting easier.

Cons

Accessing the user manual is a bit confusing but were working through tat as well.

Hi Barry Thanks for your feedback. I will get customer support team to help you get your user manuals. They can all be downloaded from the customer support portal along with training videos. Hang tight someone will be in touch. It has been great working with you over the past few years and we look forward to many more. Keep the feedback coming and never hesitate to connect with our support team.

Hippo review

We had to replace our old system due to compatibility with our new computers

Pros

The thing i like most is the ease of use and the format

Cons

There is no cons to this product for us, it does everything we need it to do.

Hi Robert, Thanks for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that you're finding Hippo easy to use for all of Provimi Foods' needs. Feel free to get in touch with me should you need help in the future! Best regards, Heidi Chin Customer Success Adviser p. 866-956-2859 ext. 227

Hippo CMMS - The Time Saver

Pros

Very user friendly. E-mail Notifications when work orders are submitted and completed is very helpful. The ability to retrieve equipment information fast and efficiently has saved our technicians a ton of time.

Cons

Very rarely Hippo will load slow. I wish you could go back in and edit a work order once it has been completed.

Hi Tyler, Getting email notifications from Hippo when its time to do regularly scheduled maintenance must save so much time! We are working on a User being able to edit a completed work order as we speak! Thank you for your feedback. We really do appreciate it.

Great help working with our work orders and PMs.

Pros

Is easy to use. Even those new with computer use can easily use this application. Creating work orders is fast and easy. And it even allows for search and tracking work orders for follow-up and completion.

Cons

Only thing hard for me is generating reports. Like if I want to send email to my bosses so they can see what was accomplished for a given period of time.

Hi Ferdinand, Hippo is known as being user friendly, so to hear you state that you do not have to be tech savvy to use our system is great! Thanks for that feedback! Regarding reports, you can save your reports in Hippo and have them scheduled to be emailed to you or anyone else. Be sure to click on the Support and Feedback tab when in the system. You can find several Hippo guides and videos to show you how!

Overall great software that is easy to use and solves the issue of tracking work orders.

We were able to solve the problem of using word of mouth work orders. We can now track work orders and have a paper trail for work. This allows us to meet the strict standards in the Food Industry

Pros

-Easy to use -Easy work order tracking -Creates a paper trail for auditing purposes which is needed in the Food Industry -Great customer support! -Nice bar coding option to place a bar code on all pieces of equipment

Cons

- No dedicated app ( website based) - Little customization - No bar coding for parts which can make part inventory difficult

Hi Brady, Keeping track of your work orders for internal or external purposes surely make things so much easier. We are thrilled to hear that Hippo provides you will the info m=needed to meet the strict standards in the food industry. Also, thank you for the feedback. Keep an eye out for our monthly webinars that all users are allowed to attend. That will help you learn more about Hippos existing and new features!

support

the tech support is good and fast too respond to your Questions.

Pros

its easy to use and does most anything you need from a CMMS system. Of course you need to add things as you go . but thats fine as you learn you can add more to your system.

Cons

easy to use and ieasy to learn on your own if you have used CMMS system before.

Hi Ron, Thanks for leaving us such a great review. I'll make sure to share it with our Support Team. Happy to see you've been enjoying our ease of use as well. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any assistance. Warm regards, Fabio Carvalho Customer Success Manager 866.956.2859 x 223 | fcarvalho@hippocmms.com

Good tool for the value

HIPPO is a perfect starting CMMS. it is a really good tool to chance the culture of your company if your company does not use any ticketing system. Reporting should improve and the tool can be a bit more dynamic. it is a really good tool for the price.

Pros

value

Cons

reporting and maintenance

Hello Juan, thank you for the great review. We're pleased to hear that your experience with Hippo has been enjoyable. We will be releasing Version 6 of Hippo in the coming months, which will improve features and functionality. This new version will have the ability to customize reports to your liking! Please contact us at 1(866)956-2859 ext 255 or info@hippocmms.com for more information.

We Love Hippo!!

The software is very easy to use. We recently rolled Hippo out to our location and everyone seems to love it!

Pros

Very user friendly. Can customize it how you would like. Very good customer service.

Cons

I wish we could submit pictures for work orders and attach documents to pieces of equipment, instead of doing it for each work order.

Hello Tylar, thank your the kind words, we appreciate it! We are happy to hear that our user friendly interface is working well with your company. We are currently working on releasing Version 6 of our software which will improve features and functionality that will allow you to attach documents to your assets & equipment. Please contact us at (866)956-2859 ext 255 or info@hippocmms.com for more information.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.