Housecall Pro Reviews

4.71/5 (1,315 reviews)

Amanda Hart

It works for what we need. Overall not too bad

Reviewed 2018-03-28

Organizing incoming jobs, and invoicing. I like the ability to book jobs, save customer information for future use, invoice and record payments all in one place. I love being able to customize the message to clients in the invoice. I love that it shows me dates of when I last sent out an invoice, so I know that I'm not spamming clients when I'm attempting to collect funds. I like sending out Estimates to customers and knowing that they have accepted or declined. Over all it's been a great basic program for tracking our jobs/sales. I like that you have put in time and effort to update certain items in the reports. Separating Taxable Amount, and Tax, has been extremely helpful for my Accounts Receivable.

Lindsey Smith

HouseCall Pro Helps Streamline Our Business

Reviewed 2016-09-13
Review Source: Software Advice

There's a lot about the software that we really like. We appreciate how it has helped us to have everything in one place--customer database, scheduling, and employee database--instead of using our antiquated Excel spreadsheet system of the past. We like how it is simple to add new employees and customers and then to schedule them in the system, and we especially value the smartphone app that allows our employees to know exactly what their next jobs are, and even provides them with the customers' addresses and the ability to communicate with each other within the app.

Chad Robertson

Needs improvement

Reviewed 2017-10-22

I like the feature of adding a parts list to our mobile app, estimates and invoices look clean and professional.

Karen Kroupa

Great scheduling platform. Doesn't function well as a customer resource mgt tool. QB online is a

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Being able to have customer information typed out instead of trying to read a technician's handwriting. The ease of moving appointments through drag/drop. Our customers love the automatic On My Way text notification.Once you customize the services/prices to your company, the scheduling is pretty quick and easy. the online tech support is excellent and responsive. After comparing many similar products, HCP offered the best value for the money and gave us most of the options we were looking for.

Yosef Wassermann

Seemless

Reviewed 2018-01-03

I love the app, great integrations , and pretty straight forward . Makes for very professional environment. Takes a lot off my mind for invoicing and scheduling

Lucinda Wolford

Not sure why they seem to dominate the market

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-27

Was easy to sigh up for the free trial, and they did reach out to me to see if they could help.

John de Perrot

I haven't been using it for very long, so I am still working out some of the bugs.

Reviewed 2018-01-12

Pretty much the same as I said before, my work is now in an order instead of in word documents spread out through a bunch of folders, so it is easier to monitor the amount of work I've been doingI like that now I can see all of my estimates in order and also the amount of money they represent. It makes it easier to see my progress throughout the year.

Ti Sutherland

Average - nothing special

Reviewed 2018-01-31

ability to write custom professional looking quotes that stay with the client profile for future reference.

Charlie Wilson

Disapointed

Reviewed 2017-02-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I think this would be a good product but it lacks good customer support. We were excited to get started so we downloaded quick books into their system right away which was good, but we soon had some issues and needed some HELP with it and found out that the only way we could communicate with them was thru a chat line or do training webinars which were not until the following week. So there we were with multiple questions not enough answers and nowhere to really go. It is a shame that they don't have a good process to get you set up. I would have been glad to pay a setup fee where you could have actually talked to a live person and they would have gone through everything with you to make sure you were up and running.some nice features

Pricilla Watkins

HCP is easy to use

Reviewed 2018-01-13

It's easy to use and very straightforward as far as entering work orders. The dashboard is great for pulling reports and using the job tags helps keep organized for various departments that use the information.

Jeff B.

Good customer support. Easy to use. Software is basic and missing essential features.

Reviewed 2017-05-22

An easy way to create invoices and bill clients. Software is extremely mobile friendly. Very easy to schedule jobs, type up invoices, collect payments, etc. the easiest mobile field management that I have tried (and I have tried a lot)!

Dina Gutierrez

The Demo was great but...

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Quick, easy to use, portable anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. Dispatching is awesome! Seems very easy to use and exactly what we need in our office. Was super excited that I finally got my partner on board with this however, we had to end up not purchasing it because it does not have a section to include a Profit and Loss Section and job costs.

Ashley Milton

My rating has gone down the past few months

Reviewed 2017-01-12
Review Source: Software Advice

At first, I thought this software would be great! It's good. But as the time passes, I'm finding more and more issues with it. For the price, it's not bad. But for functionality and basic functions, I wish there were more options. Great customer service/chat. Connects to Quickbooks Online. Mobile app.

Joni Tanner

The best thing about house call pro is the friendly tech staff.

Reviewed 2017-06-22

I'm not sure because I'm trying to get used to it. I like that you have committed to improving always. I'm frustrated right now so it's difficult to say what I like the best about the software. It feels clunky and not very intuative to me and I'm hoping it gets improved.

Marlena Bartlett

Just started using the software and am still in the learning stages-hence the 3 stars only

Reviewed 2018-01-17

So far I DO like the software..the fact that I can learn via training tutorials at my own pace is awesome..I really like that as well as "Help" is only a click away..

Anonymous

This is great software for all your house call needs

Reviewed 2018-07-24

The software makes keeping all my appointments and all my house calls neat and organized in one place

Joshua Scott

Its taking time but slowly I am learning more about it

Reviewed 2017-08-20

Not as open and easy to change some things as I would like but the customer service is amazing. I really like the availability to pay through the app but haven't set it up yet with the bank which I am going to do today.

Elizabeth Hessinger

New User

Reviewed 2018-08-23

We are saving sooo much paper! It's very nice for the techs to be able to do estimates on their phones and invoice & email the customer as well!We are brand new to HCP, but it seems to be pretty user friendly. Once we learn it's functions better, I'm sure we'll love it!

Vicky Veasey

While we have not been using the program for very long at all we a pleased with it thus far

Reviewed 2018-03-14

Ease of businessThe customerr support is outstanding. If you have a question they WILL be there to help. The program is easy to understand.

Jesse Clark

Good program needs some work! Automatic post card mailing is flawed

Reviewed 2017-03-21

Good program overall, the App is great! The main reason we purchased this program was for the post card function. Great idea but unfortunately it only sends post cards to the physical address, not the mailing/billing address. I have contacted them and they are aware of the problem, but are giving no indication of when and if this will be fixed.

Sandra Sullivan

Some really annoying features or lack of features

Reviewed 2017-07-02

George Wilson

Relatively easy to use

Reviewed 2018-01-24

Fairly simple to use.

Anonymous

Easy to use. Mobile app solution isn't very custome

Used other for free trial
Reviewed 2017-05-08

Housecall pro is a good technology that's easy to use. It seems great for small businesses but not overly powerful

Nancy Batchelder

I've had this for almost two months and have not been able to implement it.....

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-06-11

It looks like it could be effective but I can't get it going. I've tried what she said to do with desktop & iPhone but it doesn't work. None of the online chats address it.

Scot Williams

Not satisfied

Reviewed 2016-12-28

Just not satisfied. Called today to cancel for a refund and was told that I would receive a confirmation email shortly. Unfortunately, I never received and email or follow up.