Housecall Pro Reviews

4.71/5 (1,315 reviews)

Julie Stallsworth

My HCP experience

Reviewed 2018-10-11

HCP has brought our business to the next level. We have been using the software for two years and have a very basic plan. Before HCP, we were keeping our appointments in a spiral calendar and customer information was difficult to maintain. With HCP, we have been able to better track our customer activity and history. One of the newer features that I find interesting is the lifetime value of the customer. This is giving us some insight into how much revenue our customers generate. I am considering upgrading to the next level of HCP to begin accessing some of the marketing tools that HCP promotes.I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal. Our employees find the app easy to use and the location services make it easy for them to find our customers homes.

Denise Henman

HOUSE CALL PRO

Reviewed 2018-08-16

I like HouseCall Pro very much on the desk top version and would definitely recommend the program to others. I would not recommend the mobile version at this point only because of the issues I have stated. I hope that in time the mobile version will catch up to the desk top version for the ADMIN to be able to conduct business whether in the field or in the office. I like the way house call works on the desk top. It is quick and easy for me to do all my daily tasks as it pertains to each individual project I have going on. It is pretty easy to navigate through. The system allows me to keep all projects organize even if we have to go back out on more then one occasion.

Rebekah Butler

Combined most of my programs into one

Reviewed 2017-12-12
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a commercial cleaning business and have been in business for almost 20 years. For the last few years we have been transitioning from paper to digital. We have multiple employees, that are private contractors. They work at several locations. Each location has it's own pricing. Most times any additional services or charges added to a job are reported back with in a day or two. We were using a paper calendar for on the go access, that was then copied to a shared online calendar. That information was entered into an invoicing program and invoices were emailed via a private email account. The process from work ordered to invoice sent could take up to a week depending on when our employees got back with information about the job. Going into this next year we decided to try an "all in one" program. Housecall Pro so far has been great! It has most of the features we need. I love the app feature that comes with this program. It pings the employee when a job is assigned. Reminds them of upcoming work, gives directions to the location and lets them add details, pictures, or services to that job on site. My workload has been cut significantly, allowing me to get to other administrative demands finished that usually get pushed into my weekend. Having the calendar, employee assignment, clients, services, and invoicing all in one place is amazing. I've had to make some adjustments and "tricks", since it is a basic program. But nothing enough that's made it difficult to use. Overall it has taken a good amount of stress and transition from our plate. For single users to a company with multiple employees, this program can do a lot for you. Convenience, combines most of your business programs into one easy to use program Customer Service, with offices on both coasts I am able to get in contact with customer service within 10 minutes. Accessibility, I can access the program from any computer with internet connection or use my phone via the app. Faster Reporting, employees out on the job can add details, services, or new jobs on sight. Cuts out bridges between programs and communication, I can enter in a job on the program, assign my employee and it's sent to whomever I need it to be sent to (employee or client) saves me from having to enter it onto either a paper calendar, or a shared calendar, and then notifying the employee of the job and then waiting on a report that they have completed the work. No contract - you can do monthly, half year or annual commitments

Mike Byers

Almost There

Reviewed 2016-10-18
Review Source: Software Advice

I am a painting and drywall contractor in the Indianapolis area and have looked at about a dozen different programs to help me run my business. The first thing I can say, is that it seems that no perfect program exists, since most are either too generic (difficult to tailor to my industry) or too cumbersome. I actually "used", as in, not really, Builder Trend for a period of time, but found it to be way more than I really needed. Method CRM was another, but it seemed too difficult to master. Several of my coleages in the industry are using estimating software, in addition to Basecamp, Pipeline Deals and other things. Since I am a one man operation, I have to do everything from sales to production to marketing to billing, so time is at a premium for me and I needed a solution that was easy enough to learn. I also needed a program that would synch with my Quickbooks online (another imperfect program, but its what I know) and allow me to function in the field. I eventually stumbled upon HouseCall Pro and was impressed enough to give it a shot. Right from the start, I found it easy to learn. In fact, I signed up, had my personalized tutorial and three hours later was writing my first estimate in the field on it. I will highlight the pros and cons in the fields below, but I can say that this is a company that is constantly improving its product. I get the sense that they want to be able to provide a one stop program. I say that because I have had conversations with one of their specialists and he was asking me what else would I like to see them doing to improve. They have a chat bubble online (at your desktop only) that is available most hours and they connect quickly with helpful answers. My biggest beef with this program is that they are spending a lot of time building new features into the program when I think they should be tweaking existing features. For example, there is an auto responder email feature that you can set up for as many emails as you like, but they have not included an option to include hyperlinks in the emails. I am sending out a survey form and also a review request form, in which I have created the links, but the customer is forced to copy and paste in order to access these. Unfortunately, I am getting zero responses because a hyperlink would be easier. All in all, I think HouseCall Pro is on the right track, but they have a way to go before they can live up to their true potential.QBO synchronization, ease of use, ability to do estimates and invoices in the field. Tags allow tracking of specific items (similar to classes) like lead type and services provided. GPS to track employees and picture of house from Google maps shows on customer page. Auto responder feature, postcard program that is cost efficient. Great customer service, responsive. Online booking of jobs for customers. Ability to take credit cards. Mobile program lets customers know when you are on the way to their home. You can set up employees/techs and have their picture sent to the customer before they arrive at a job.

Tim McIntyre

Good reliable software.

Reviewed 2017-01-27
Review Source: Software Advice

works well and is truly built for today's service provider. It is truly a paperless system and up to speed with today's technology. I enjoy using the software and it's very easy to grasp And is kept in is framed in a rudimentary form. There are some cons that I work around daily and issues I don't love but the price for a single user is very much.The software has a great mobile application along with its ease of use makes it a winner.

John Thomas

A cool cloud-based tool to manage your field staffs and boost productivity.

Reviewed 2018-08-06

It’s basically a cloud-based field service management system that assists managers to schedule their tasks, send auto-reminders to their staffs regarding the pending and upcoming work with the task checklists. It also provides you real-time updates about their location. You can control all your employees from your mobile or from a remote location. The application has a Customer database, and you can confirm if a delivery is successfully done, or if transactions are done by field staffs by enabling response from respective clients. It has even helped us with the process of technician dispatch and online payment processing.

Sheri Dostal

Great, but lacking in features

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-31

So far I like it but I am really looking forward to improvements in features and hoping I don't get charged a whole lot more when this program is already quite more expensive than others that offer more features. It's great how this links directly to Quickbooks Online, and when I update something in HCP it automatically pushes the update to QBO. I like that my techs can edit and create invoices from the field and take payments as well. Overall it is pretty user friendly, and my techs find the app easy to use in the field.

Frank Giles

Growing bigger with Housecall Pro.

Reviewed 2018-09-15

Discussed that in the first box. Overall it makes our company look more professional and organized with customers and with employees. It's all of the part in growing your company. For me it's about safety of my techs.knowing where they are at all times. Maybe a button could be added where help is required at the job site causing dispatch to get in contact with tech or notify supervisor. The faster someone can respond the better in most situations. Especially emergency situations. Overall I'm satisfied with Housecall Pro.The scheduling of techs. Each of the jobs are listed for each tech. Each tech can review the jobs and comments from the estimator and office. Each tech can plan their day out before the day starts from their phone. Emergency calls can be placed into their schedule. The customer knows when the tech is on their way. The office knows when the tech is on site. That is great from a safety and security stand point. Knowing where our workers are at all times could be critical. Just having as much information about the customer and neighborhood they are in before hand is really important to us as a team. Also the customer gets an invoice immediately after the job is done in digital form. Which allows for faster cashflow for the company and less non payments. Overall a great investment for your service company.

Kareen McKenzie

Product is easy to use & helps us get a better picture overall of our business. CS is exceptional!

Reviewed 2018-03-14

Seeing the big picture of our company's revenue and schedule all in one dashboard. It has been so easy to use and we are already seeing great improvements in our daily operations since we started using HCP. We have not done any of the training, but everything is pretty easy to use and whatever we don't know, the customer service agents on chat have been exceptional. Customers love to receive invoices and pay them itself. Customers respond faster to estimates and invoices because the platform/format is more professional/business-like rather than the pen/paper process we have been using. We are able to get a better idea of time management for staff and use the data for improvements in the office. (It is also helpful to determine which employees qualify for advancement.) We also love that we can hop on any computer to get our overview of the office operations.

Eugene Jasper

Compared to 2 years prior....amazing improvement!

Reviewed 2018-10-12

The benefit of being able to so many things from one browser window is great. I really appreciate your software and the fact that it allows me to have a few extra minutes, or sometimes even an extra hour or two during a busy workday, which enables me to get so much more accomplished.Google calendar integration. Full functioning android platform (minus the ability to use the app in landscape mode???.....I seriously haven't tried it, but Brooks knows what I'm talking about), great expansion of multiple industry models, fantastic customer support, and you are very fortunate to have a FANTASTIC TEAM at Housecall Pro!

George Nickerson

Good Software, Excellent Support, Getting Better

Reviewed 2017-02-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Housecall Pro is a good piece of software and their customer service is excellent. They are continuously refining and improving the product and it has most of the features that I'd like. Everytime that I have a question, I start a chat and have gotten a response typically within minutes except when it is the middle of the night. Every question has been clearly answered. Integration with Quickbooks Online Quick and easy address entering and directions Integration with Google Calendar Mobile app response time

Michael Parker

After 3 years of use, we consistently rely on HCP to make our home service business run smoothly.

Reviewed 2018-02-07

It makes us run smoothly and keeps our records in order. It also impresses our clients and simplifies our scheduling and day to day operations. It is highly focused on acquiring consumer users into its ecosystem. To keep them engaged and familiar with the platform for finding other service professionals, it requires your company to fit into their business model. So, the customization that we rely on to help differentiate ourself in the market can sometimes get buried under the "Housecall Way"The interface is so intuitive and Apple-esque in its design both in the web/admin application and the technician app. It makes training field personnel so easy and our customers are constantly in awe of the clean presentation and high level of communication. We are perceived as being a high level, structured franchise and not the owner-operator business that we actually are.

Jana Lovelady

I've been using housecall Pro for about 2 and 1/2 Weeks. So far, the customer service has been excel

Reviewed 2018-03-13

The features I like best about this software are that all invoices are updated into QuickBooks Online. I don't have to take care (enter ) all of the merchant service, stripe fees and the invoice payment transactions either. The app seems to work very well so far. It gives my cleaners all the information they need to have for the job. It also lets the customers know that we're coming, when we're finished, and that I can immediately send an invoice. Also, I like that I can send an estimate, where the customer agrees, and then convert that into an invoice and an appointment. It creates a paper trail for them and for me.

Roy Falls

Satisfied Customer and Keep the Software Updates Coming!

Reviewed 2018-08-24

We love that the software syncs with Quick Books and also that we have been able to eliminate paper work orders. It's also great that our customers have the option to pay online. We love the tagging feature, which helps us with our warranty work customers. These features have saved us so much time and money. We definitely appreciate customer support as well; the response time to the chat request for help is always great.

Shari Douglas

Works well for our company, keeps our department up to date.

Reviewed 2018-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Our previous system was outdated and offered no customization or detailed history so this makes a big difference. This hit all of our major needs as well as many of our wants. It's simple enough that someone without a lot of tech/app experience can jump right into using it. Their are useful video tutorials if they want more assistance.Being able to see customer history is a big thing for us - I can go to the customer and see all of the times we've been out. Seeing real time updates is a huge plus - I can see photos from the job site and notes immediately after our tech submits them in the field which means we can start ordering parts or anything else we need to do right away. Scheduling is easy and our techs get updates on their phone with all of the info they need right away. I like customizing employees photos and colors so visually the schedule is easy to tell who is scheduled before even clicking to get detail. The start and finish button are fantastic. One of the most useful features beyond basic scheduling is job tags and the ability to run reports. I can export our appointment data and sort it so we can really see where our time is being spend and how. Customer support/chat is really helpful.

Eli Castaneda

Software is easy to use and beneficial to running efficient. Highly recommend

Reviewed 2018-01-04

What i find most important and great about this software are the ability to Filter reports, scheduling efficiency, invoicing efficiency, collecting payments, and how organized is allows you to become.

Ronald Fogg

I'm very good dispatch app and very helpful to keep records by hopefully it merges and QuickBooks on

Reviewed 2017-07-16

We have 10 phones and it's better to use this app than the way we were before or just sending text messages to our technicians in the field and helps us keep track of things better and how many jobs have been completed and who's not and is completing their jobs and the amounts of money and a good portion of the bookkeeping for part as wellIt keeps my job and from information together better than before and I like the History part and it can pull things for my Quickbooks account I hope that it merges back into my Quickbooks account as well

Lisa Sucher

Excellent features to communicate with customers.

Reviewed 2018-05-21

Easy to enter a new customer and put them on the schedule. Helpful that employees are color coded and can put more than 1 on each job. Really like the technology to email and text customers and provide them with receipts, updates, etc. Like that you can take payments and link CC payments to bank.

Jeff Davis

Inexpensive, relatively simple tool to manage a service business

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Its very effective at the main tasks of running any sort of service to the home type business. We transitioned over from a much more complicated and expensive tool. This saved us time and money. Its relatively straight forward to learn and use Support is there and effective to help you get whatever needed fixed (dont need to rely on a help search tool, its real people) Relatively inexpensive for a small business. Credit card processing is more cost effective than most banks.

Anonymous

HouseCall Pro

Reviewed 2018-08-20

I had some reach out to me via email and was willing to chat online over the weekend. I asked if he had a number that I could call and talk to him. He said he couldn't provide that. After a different technician contacted me on Monday I was able to talk through ALL my questions over the phone. You almost lost my business because of this. So, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, keep the communication lines "open" for a call center person to be able to walk through any all issues. In my opinion communication is EVERYTHING in business and this point alone will set you apart from every other company and will give you 10 fold returns!!Its fast. No drag time. Easy uploading. Simple for the most part. Each business is different so the needs obviously change based on the structure of the business. I own a paint company so for me it plays out pretty straightforward.

Kenneth Nicholas

FSM / Scheduler / Appointment Reminder - All in one!

Reviewed 2015-07-14

We looked for a FSM/CRM/Appointment Scheduler software for 18 months. HouseCall is, without a doubt, the best all-in-one solution, and it's only getting better. Highest recommendations. PROS as of July 14, 2015: 1. App for field technicians is awesome! Best I've seen. 2. Strong and powerful integration with Google -- autofills addresses and integrates with Maps. 3. Automatic e-mail reminders sent to customers. 4. Postcard marketing campaigns. 5. Quickbooks compatible. 6. INCOMPARABLE customer service. They have the best group of people working for them. They are always there to listen to requests and solve problems. Messaging app within the desktop software lets you communicate with them directly anytime. CONS as of July 14, 2015: 1. Clunky and glitchy scheduling 'applet' -- sleek in design, but I value function over form. 2. "Calendar Views" are sloppy and difficult to read if you have many employees and/or jobs. Practically useless. We must therefore still rely on Google Calendar to view resources and employee availability. 3. No automatic reminders sent to employees...yet.... 3. No customization options. (eg - You cannot rename "professional" to "stylist" or "technician" to suit your industry.) 4. No way to "black out" dates on scheduler for employee time off. Again, we still have to use Google Calendar. 5. Very weak CRM (no multiple contacts for a business, no way to name different service addresses, no pipeline for making sales, etc.) All this being said, PROS far outweigh CONS. The HouseCall team is professional and eager to listen to suggestions. They are always improving, and they are working with us all the time on our feature requests. It is becoming a better software with every release. I love HouseCall and it comes with my highest recommendations.

Rhiannon Tilford

Good program with ability to be great

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Overall we are happy with HCP. Customer service is always right there and they try to help the best they can. We are a little disappointed that certain features haven’t been addressed yet (even though we’ve even had phone conversations with employees that have called us for feedback and really like our ideas) - I.e. the ability to input equipment information for every location and warranty information for each piece of equipment. We love how user friendly this software is and that it’s linked to Google Maps.

Sabrina Hoffmann

Great product

Reviewed 2018-04-19

It puts my business almost in complete auto pilot . It keeps my schedule clean and helps with organizing and disbatching the workers . Be able to communicate with employees and customers through an app. Allowing our customers to know who is coming and that there on there way. I can't speaking more highly of this company or its software

Mike Morrow

I have enjoyed my experience integrating Housecall Pro with our plumbing service business.

Reviewed 2018-02-10

Easy to use CRM and enter customers and jobs into the system.I like the fact that using this software is very user friendly. The support staff is responsive and provides excellent customer service. It is easy to enter customers and jobs in the system. I have not utilized all the features such as dispatch, taking customer credit cards, marketing campaigns, and integration with Quickbooks but I know these features are there should we decide to implement them.

Jennifer Jofre

Overall experience is GREAT!

Reviewed 2017-06-05

The ability to sync with our Quickbooks Online and being able to email invoice directly from application. Not having to enter service tickets is a HUGE PLUS!