Housecall Pro Reviews

4.71/5 (1,315 reviews)

Julie Stallsworth

My HCP experience

Reviewed 2018-10-11

HCP has brought our business to the next level. We have been using the software for two years and have a very basic plan. Before HCP, we were keeping our appointments in a spiral calendar and customer information was difficult to maintain. With HCP, we have been able to better track our customer activity and history. One of the newer features that I find interesting is the lifetime value of the customer. This is giving us some insight into how much revenue our customers generate. I am considering upgrading to the next level of HCP to begin accessing some of the marketing tools that HCP promotes.I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal. Our employees find the app easy to use and the location services make it easy for them to find our customers homes.

Denise Henman

HOUSE CALL PRO

Reviewed 2018-08-16

I like HouseCall Pro very much on the desk top version and would definitely recommend the program to others. I would not recommend the mobile version at this point only because of the issues I have stated. I hope that in time the mobile version will catch up to the desk top version for the ADMIN to be able to conduct business whether in the field or in the office. I like the way house call works on the desk top. It is quick and easy for me to do all my daily tasks as it pertains to each individual project I have going on. It is pretty easy to navigate through. The system allows me to keep all projects organize even if we have to go back out on more then one occasion.

JULIE HILL

This software changed my life and kept my relationship together!

Reviewed 2018-05-04

it makes my job way easier AND we were able to have a paperless office. Ok so my partner and I started a new business together and I was using Joist which, for free, is a sweet app but I quickly realized that a serious business needed a serious software to help with logistics. Demo ensued and... Long story short our sales person was really cool and answered all of my difficult questions with ease. And trust me I am an office gorilla. And if you are trying to bamboozle me, well, I have those maternal instincts that can smell bamboozling a mile away. the program was easy to use and easy to learn. It has a real-time app that my tech in the field uses, it is partnered with zillow so the service address shows up with all the juicy details, bed/bathroom, sq ft, price it sold for . my tech uses the map function so he doesn't have to call me for directions. you can search specific date ranges and tag customers with specific tags for ROI data. It keeps a graph display dashboard of all the business vitals. Unlike other programs this one lets you pick the level you want to pay and for more you can get extra services. the lowest level still gives you plenty to run a successful business. I LOVE house call Sparky, the virtual text concierge, that reminds clients when their appointment is, confirms appt, tells them when the tech is en route and when a job is finished. There is a pay online feature, a "bill to separate address" feature, and the customer service is the BEST I've ever dealt with. they even take suggestions.

Rebekah Butler

Combined most of my programs into one

Reviewed 2017-12-12
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a commercial cleaning business and have been in business for almost 20 years. For the last few years we have been transitioning from paper to digital. We have multiple employees, that are private contractors. They work at several locations. Each location has it's own pricing. Most times any additional services or charges added to a job are reported back with in a day or two. We were using a paper calendar for on the go access, that was then copied to a shared online calendar. That information was entered into an invoicing program and invoices were emailed via a private email account. The process from work ordered to invoice sent could take up to a week depending on when our employees got back with information about the job. Going into this next year we decided to try an "all in one" program. Housecall Pro so far has been great! It has most of the features we need. I love the app feature that comes with this program. It pings the employee when a job is assigned. Reminds them of upcoming work, gives directions to the location and lets them add details, pictures, or services to that job on site. My workload has been cut significantly, allowing me to get to other administrative demands finished that usually get pushed into my weekend. Having the calendar, employee assignment, clients, services, and invoicing all in one place is amazing. I've had to make some adjustments and "tricks", since it is a basic program. But nothing enough that's made it difficult to use. Overall it has taken a good amount of stress and transition from our plate. For single users to a company with multiple employees, this program can do a lot for you. Convenience, combines most of your business programs into one easy to use program Customer Service, with offices on both coasts I am able to get in contact with customer service within 10 minutes. Accessibility, I can access the program from any computer with internet connection or use my phone via the app. Faster Reporting, employees out on the job can add details, services, or new jobs on sight. Cuts out bridges between programs and communication, I can enter in a job on the program, assign my employee and it's sent to whomever I need it to be sent to (employee or client) saves me from having to enter it onto either a paper calendar, or a shared calendar, and then notifying the employee of the job and then waiting on a report that they have completed the work. No contract - you can do monthly, half year or annual commitments

Cameron Heidrick

Long time User Review!!! Love this App and Company

Reviewed 2017-06-09
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been a user since House Call Pro went national with their service. I don't have anything but good things about the company itself and the app/software! First, the app is for the phone works flawlessly and has improved so much since I first started. (aka awesome development and customer service team behind the app). The latest feature that I love is the employee time tracking feature! They can clock in and out right in the app! and the report for that is simple and user-friendly! I have 1 employee and looking to add another and this solves that huge time tracking issue I was having because they listen to their pros. Now that doesn't cover what my customers have said to me about how they like all the notifications and email reminders and text alerts and so on and so on. This adds so much value to my company. Communication with customers is I think #1 in service based business' and House Call Pro knocks it out of the park! Also great customer service. Great development speed. They are always getting feedback from their pros and using that to put the more requested features to the top of their development roadmap. I love that and have seen it over and over again the past 1.5 years or so I have been using the app.

Mike Byers

Almost There

Reviewed 2016-10-18
Review Source: Software Advice

I am a painting and drywall contractor in the Indianapolis area and have looked at about a dozen different programs to help me run my business. The first thing I can say, is that it seems that no perfect program exists, since most are either too generic (difficult to tailor to my industry) or too cumbersome. I actually "used", as in, not really, Builder Trend for a period of time, but found it to be way more than I really needed. Method CRM was another, but it seemed too difficult to master. Several of my coleages in the industry are using estimating software, in addition to Basecamp, Pipeline Deals and other things. Since I am a one man operation, I have to do everything from sales to production to marketing to billing, so time is at a premium for me and I needed a solution that was easy enough to learn. I also needed a program that would synch with my Quickbooks online (another imperfect program, but its what I know) and allow me to function in the field. I eventually stumbled upon HouseCall Pro and was impressed enough to give it a shot. Right from the start, I found it easy to learn. In fact, I signed up, had my personalized tutorial and three hours later was writing my first estimate in the field on it. I will highlight the pros and cons in the fields below, but I can say that this is a company that is constantly improving its product. I get the sense that they want to be able to provide a one stop program. I say that because I have had conversations with one of their specialists and he was asking me what else would I like to see them doing to improve. They have a chat bubble online (at your desktop only) that is available most hours and they connect quickly with helpful answers. My biggest beef with this program is that they are spending a lot of time building new features into the program when I think they should be tweaking existing features. For example, there is an auto responder email feature that you can set up for as many emails as you like, but they have not included an option to include hyperlinks in the emails. I am sending out a survey form and also a review request form, in which I have created the links, but the customer is forced to copy and paste in order to access these. Unfortunately, I am getting zero responses because a hyperlink would be easier. All in all, I think HouseCall Pro is on the right track, but they have a way to go before they can live up to their true potential.QBO synchronization, ease of use, ability to do estimates and invoices in the field. Tags allow tracking of specific items (similar to classes) like lead type and services provided. GPS to track employees and picture of house from Google maps shows on customer page. Auto responder feature, postcard program that is cost efficient. Great customer service, responsive. Online booking of jobs for customers. Ability to take credit cards. Mobile program lets customers know when you are on the way to their home. You can set up employees/techs and have their picture sent to the customer before they arrive at a job.

Kenneth Nicholas

FSM, CRM and Appointment Scheduler - All in one!

Reviewed 2016-01-13
Review Source: Software Advice

For 18 months we were looking for a software that could do three things: 1. Manage our customer database (CRM) 2. Schedule appointments and send automatic reminders to customers 3. Assign and dispatch employees to jobs (Field Service Management) It seemed every software was designed to do one, MAYBE TWO, of these things, but no software could do all three. Then we found HouseCall Pro. It seemed almost too good to be true, but HouseCall does it all for us. We haven't looked back. 1. App for field technicians is awesome! Best I've seen. 2. Strong and powerful integration with Google -- autofills addresses and integrates with Maps. 3. Automatic e-mail reminders sent to customers. 4. Postcard marketing campaigns. 5. Quickbooks compatible. 6. Incomparable customer service. They have a friendly, helpful and intelligent group of people working for them. They are always there to listen to requests and solve problems. The messaging app within the desktop software lets you communicate with them directly anytime. They always seem to respond within mere minutes. 7. They are constantly releasing updates and improvements to the software. It gets better with every release and it shows they really listen to customer suggestions!

Grant Schoenberger

The absolute best software platform for small service businesses.

Reviewed 2015-12-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I own and operate a small plumbing company in San Diego and I have been searching for a product like housecall for years. Yes there are competitive products on the market and I've tried them all. The main problem for the other products was the disconnect or lack of care for the user's (me) feedback. I would find an issue with the software that prevented me from running my business the way I needed to and when I voiced my issue, the response was vague at best but usually nonexistent. My experience with housecall has been the exact opposite. EVERY time I have had an issue or needed help, they have been IMMEDIATELY responsive in helping me to resolve an issue and even develop their product further to improve all aspects. Years ago when we transitioned from the old carbon triplicate paper invoices to electronic means, I had to use a different kind of software for each business task i.e. invoicing, scheduling, dispatching, processing credit card payments, taking photo records for completed jobs, sending appointment reminders and thank you notes, etc. Now, I have ONE software platform that I use for EVERYTHING! HOUSECALL! It does everything I need it to do. It's made my life and business run more efficiently than ever before and the best part is that they're constantly improving it! Almost every week there is added functionality, fine-tuning and improvement on an already fantastic product. If you have a small service company, you would be mistaken to look elsewhere for your field management software. Simply stated... Housecall does it best!

Katelyn Montez

Housecall Pro is changing our business for the better!

Reviewed 2015-10-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Our main concerns were to appear as professional as we can. We own a small HVAC company in CA. Its just me, my husband, and a hired hand. I got tired of entering paper invoices and worst of all loosing them >,<. We started with a software that did our pricing for us based on our industry. I will tell you it was a nightmare. They charged us per line on our invoices and the bill just range up. It seemed impossible to get ahead with that software. I won’t name names to avoid shaming them. When i heard about HCP i decided to do a demo. I was astonished at how much value was actually in the program. included was email marketing to keep in touch with our current customers, smooth connectivity with Quickbooks Online (no more entering invoices) yay!, they send email reminders to clients, they let clients know we are on our way, and tons more. Not only that but customer service is SOOO easy to get ahold of. I almost never have to wait more than a few minuets to get a response via chat. Its fantastic. Its the best software we have used AND its only 1 low monthly fee. We don’t get charged per invoice or customer. so its really a limitless software and for the price its a steal. They even charge less than paypal for processing credit cards! We couldn’t be happier. If your thinking about going with Housecall Pro just do it! -new features added all the time -we look professional to our clients -free email marketing included with your subscription -you can set up unlimited campaigns for email to tailor to each group of clients -test messages sent to customer to remind them of appointment and that we are on our way -great estimate and invoice set up -easy to reach customer support -low monthly fee (and even lower if you pay upfront) - syncs with quickbooks (no entering invoice data yay!) - customers can be imported directly from quickbooks online so everything is together. -can get a signature on invoices -all invoices are emailed to customers when job is complete ---The list seriously goes on

Paul Little

I've used HouseCall Pro for 1 1/2 yrs. It has reduced many of the daily tasks running my business.

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Scheduling and invoicing jobs, automatic text reminders to employees and customers about upcoming work, email and postcard follow up with customers, Online booking for website and FB pages, invoice tracking, earnings tracking, etc, etc, etc, all kinds of tracking. HouseCall Pro customer service is fantastic. Ease of use. There's almost zero learning curve. You just dive right in and start using it! And if you can't figure out something, help is generally only seconds away, at the most a few minutes. And they speak real English, not Geekspeak! They have a great Facebook group. I've learned so much about business tips and strategies from other members all over the country it's unbelievable. It's like I've been introduced to a whole group of people who share the same struggles in operating a business and everybody on the group helps everybody else. HouseCall Pro is always adding more improvements and integrations with other services. The people at HouseCall Pro listen to their members and are constantly making it better and better. I own a plumbing business and have invested in hundreds of great tools for doing my work, but I'd have to say HouseCall Pro is the best tool I've ever invested in. For the first time, I'm in control of and working on my business. It no longer controls me. I've added one new truck and service tech this year and looking at an additional cost at least, in receipts this year. Couldn't have done it without HouseCall Pro.

DAMION PALLASCH

House Call is Great! But some very critical elements are not being implemented

Reviewed 2018-12-19

Scheduling, invoicing, and accounting is Very easy to use. Ability to TAG customers and Tag Jobs is awesome!

Tim McIntyre

Good reliable software.

Reviewed 2017-01-27
Review Source: Software Advice

works well and is truly built for today's service provider. It is truly a paperless system and up to speed with today's technology. I enjoy using the software and it's very easy to grasp And is kept in is framed in a rudimentary form. There are some cons that I work around daily and issues I don't love but the price for a single user is very much.The software has a great mobile application along with its ease of use makes it a winner.

Venita Henderson

Over all a very good experience

Reviewed 2018-02-15

We are able to eliminate the paper invoices and show when the tech arrived and finished if needed. This helps in a lot of areas. It also has helped us to see which invoices have not been received and /or paid as the case may be. Having a signature that we can email with the invoice is so helpful!I do like being able to set up a schedule and change it when needed. It is good to have the knowledge of where the technician is if needed. I like being able to see who has not paid and when. Being able to see when the job was started, finished, changes made and submission to client is a big help. The ability to capture a signature is one of our favorite features. It is very easy to use once you have mastered the basics. There are a few things that were challenging to discover how to do it and needed some explanations. Over all it is a really great program.

Malcolm Shakespeare

HouseCall Pro is Simply Stunning!

Reviewed 2017-05-16

I have worked in the corporate software industry for more than 30 years. Most recently I worked at a major software supplier with big name major accounts with more than 30,000 licenses for some of their customers. My role involved all aspects of customer service, including corporate demos, involvement in the sale process and post-implementation customer service. The reason I started this review with that information is that I am actually blown away by the similarities between how HouseCall Pro treats it's customers in comparison. My business is just starting out with only a handful of employees but from day one my engagement with HouseCall Pro has been astonishing - in a very good way - with me receiving as much care and attention as I have been used to giving to my own customers in the past! The initial contact tried to understand the key points that I was looking for in the software before setting up a one-on-one meeting where those key points were shown to me in a live demo. The software itself is actually perfect for my business. The learning curve was a little different to what I expected but the support has been absolutely first class. The online help is excellent, but the online support chat window is phenomenal. The folks in support not only know their stuff, they respond quickly, help with the questions I have, and have a laugh along the way. What actually prompted this review was a more recent phone call to the support team. I had to leave the call before they answered. Totally unprompted, within 5 minutes, they had called me back to see how they could help. Now, THAT was impressive. I completed a lot of research prior to deciding to invest in HouseCall Pro. I made the right decision, without question, when I moved forward with HouseCall Pro. I highly recommend this product.

Nicole Richardson

Overall I am happy with the software. I am looking forward to the changes yet still to come.

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Better communication between our business and customers.The communication to customers via email and text is amazing! I love that you can convert an invoice back to an estimate, that you have the ability to created "options" for estimates and the easy approval/decline process that it offers for customers. Overall I am pretty satisfied with all of the features that it offers and am looking forward to the changes yet to come.

John Thomas

A cool cloud-based tool to manage your field staffs and boost productivity.

Reviewed 2018-08-06

It’s basically a cloud-based field service management system that assists managers to schedule their tasks, send auto-reminders to their staffs regarding the pending and upcoming work with the task checklists. It also provides you real-time updates about their location. You can control all your employees from your mobile or from a remote location. The application has a Customer database, and you can confirm if a delivery is successfully done, or if transactions are done by field staffs by enabling response from respective clients. It has even helped us with the process of technician dispatch and online payment processing.

BROWARD "MARTIE" RIPPY

Housecall Pro is a great resource in our dispatching needs and the customer support is exceptional!

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Stream lining of dispatching and scheduling at a cost effective price.What we like the most is having a software system that is cost effective and doesn't require a server to do our day to day scheduling and dispatching. Our customer data base, schedule and dispatching needs are just a click away. The reporting feature allows us to keep track of closing ratio's and assist in the figuring of the cost per appointment set along with keeping track of sales, reschedules and follow up appointments all with out breaking the bank. We may not use some of the features that more service based companies would but Housecall pro is a daily staple in our day to day job functions. The customer support offered is like none I have ever seen. They are ever changing to support the needs of their customers and the staff is always prompt, friendly and knowledgeable.

Sheri Dostal

Great, but lacking in features

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-31

So far I like it but I am really looking forward to improvements in features and hoping I don't get charged a whole lot more when this program is already quite more expensive than others that offer more features. It's great how this links directly to Quickbooks Online, and when I update something in HCP it automatically pushes the update to QBO. I like that my techs can edit and create invoices from the field and take payments as well. Overall it is pretty user friendly, and my techs find the app easy to use in the field.

Frank Giles

Growing bigger with Housecall Pro.

Reviewed 2018-09-15

Discussed that in the first box. Overall it makes our company look more professional and organized with customers and with employees. It's all of the part in growing your company. For me it's about safety of my techs.knowing where they are at all times. Maybe a button could be added where help is required at the job site causing dispatch to get in contact with tech or notify supervisor. The faster someone can respond the better in most situations. Especially emergency situations. Overall I'm satisfied with Housecall Pro.The scheduling of techs. Each of the jobs are listed for each tech. Each tech can review the jobs and comments from the estimator and office. Each tech can plan their day out before the day starts from their phone. Emergency calls can be placed into their schedule. The customer knows when the tech is on their way. The office knows when the tech is on site. That is great from a safety and security stand point. Knowing where our workers are at all times could be critical. Just having as much information about the customer and neighborhood they are in before hand is really important to us as a team. Also the customer gets an invoice immediately after the job is done in digital form. Which allows for faster cashflow for the company and less non payments. Overall a great investment for your service company.

Mike Morrow

Great Service

Reviewed 2018-09-26

Overall the experience with Housecall Pro is wonderful and it is a great value for the money.There are so many companies pitching the best software these days, but I have found Housecall Pro to be a great data base management tool. It is user friendly in terms of entering client data, creating estimates, and jobs. The customer service is chat based and they answer questions with efficiency. The system has many features that we are not currently using such credit card processing, batch invoicing (I think), and integration with Quickbooks. They also have a Mastermind conference I believe, but we have not attended.

Freda King

Great scheduler program

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Overall experience is good. Many good improvements since we started with HCP 3 years ago. Really appreciate an improved response rate to questions and the ability to research answers on their help pages.The scheduling is easy to use and the notifications sent to our customers is great. It is easy to see if our techs got to the job on schedule. Invoicing from the program is an asset.

Matthew Strader

Doubled our revenue this year!

Reviewed 2018-08-30

My experience has been the opposite of trying to push a wet noodle across a table. Which is how it felt running my business before We started using HCP in mid 2016. We didn’t really start using its features until 2017. The first half of 2018 we did more worn than all of 2017. Weve been in business for 11 years and have made about the same amount every year from 2013-2016. 2017 we did see a significant increase in sales, once we fully utilized the features, but nothing like this year. People have asked me if I think it’s because of this software.... all I can say is that this software has really boosted my confidence in customer communication and allowed me to implement a few small tweaks that I think have been the result in a better customer experience. Our ship took a slight adjustment when we started fully taking advantage of what HCP offers and we’re really starting to see the payout. So, yes, I do think it’s the result of using this software.

Ruth Flores

Every time I need help response are quick , very effective & knowledgable User Friendly Software

Reviewed 2018-04-26

With the help of this software we and our customers benefit, on our end we are expanding our business our customers are happy to have a system like this to communicate, we are more appealling for potential & new customers they feel that they are dealing with a company that conducts itself very profesionally and we feel more in control of our schedule and how we plan our day to day Bussiness.We are a small HVAC Company that is growing on a steady pace we have experienced that with this software we can grow with less complications This software it's user friendly we had purchased a software prior to this one that was more expensive and very complicated to use. We chose this one because we found out that we are able to navegate easily and almost figure it out on our own without asking for help and when we do ask for help the Housecall Pro team are very prompt, friendly & Knowledgable sometimes they even make me smile sending stickers that are funny and when they tell us what the problem is, it's always something minor and easy, sometimes is something that I forgot to do

Patrick Bautch

Housecall Pro has been a big help to my company

Reviewed 2018-10-16

I have a much greater level of organization with Housecall Pro. I like how it keeps track of customer information, invoices and who owes us money. Also, it gives my carpet cleaning and water damage restoration company a more professional image. Another thing that I like is the ease in making estimates and then emailing them to prospective customers. If the estimate is approved, I can easily make the estimate into an invoice. The development of Housecall Pro is ongoing and I like that it is getting better all the time. Thank you to everyone at Housecall Pro. Keep up the good work.

Alex Carswell

Excellent software, working through some growing pains.

Reviewed 2017-12-23

This software is amazing for scheduling jobs and payments in one convenient, cloud-based location. You can also make changes out in the field, send estimates, send invoices and do a whole slew of other things right from you phone. Excellent software and excellent value for any service based business.