Intuit Field Service Management ES Reviews

Intuit Field Service Management ES

Enterprise field service management software

4.49/5 (16,802 reviews)

Pros
  • The ease of navigation with QuickBooks is great. For someone who is not a CPA, QuickBooks helps learn and expand your knowledge in keeping your small business books in order.Noemi V.Read the full review
  • It has great dashboard that that gives a clear view for using its all features. We can track projects details, like expenses, labor costs and incomes everything with the help of QuickBooks.Amanda P.Read the full review
  • I like that this software breaks down all of our financials so clearly and I can see the breakdown of all of our budget lines. I love that I can save my most frequented searches to refer back to.Annette C.Read the full review
Cons
  • As with any finance stuff it can be confusing. Maybe more intimidating that I don’t want to allocate money the wrong way and have it come back to hurt me down the road.michael p.Read the full review
  • But the worst is when there is an issue with the software you go into Customer Service HELL.Joseph M.Read the full review
  • Their customer service is a labyrinth of disorganization where the right-hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Their lack of communication with the client is appalling too.Vanessa C.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Blake Baron

Value for the money is incredible

Reviewed 2019-11-23

Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

Pros
The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

Cons
It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

Ricky Takushi

Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!

Reviewed 2020-05-05

Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Pros
Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Cons
One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

Anonymous

Industry Standard but wish it wasn't

Reviewed 2020-03-31

Pros
It works with tracking US bank accounts really well. It integrates decently with so many different software systems that it almost makes it a no brainer for US based businesses to use this. It also enforces proper double-entry accounting practices that other "accounting" software packages frequently don't. However, if you aren't familiar with proper accounting, this is going to throw more at you than you might be ready for.

Cons
They are the industry standard and act like it. They sacrifice customer experience and service for their own convenience and advertisement. They are so large they don't care if they anger a small segment of their clients. The system is cumbersome, sometimes broken (their bank system stopped working for several weeks last year), and throws ads for other products in your face all the time.

Response from Intuit

Hi there,

Thank you for the thorough review. Our mission is to provide you with a variety of tools to meet your accounting needs, so it's great to hear that QuickBooks is doing that for you.

The last thing we want you to feel is that your customer experience is lacking. The advertisements are designed to guide and suggest ways to optimize your use of the software, however, we understand you may not want to see them. To disregard the ads in QuickBooks Online, click the X or No, thanks button to prevent them from popping up again. For QuickBooks Desktop, you'll want to go to Edit > Preferences > General > My Preferences > Check Turn off pop-up messages for products and services.

If you'd like to provide us with additional feedback, we highly recommend reaching out to our Community Team (http://community.intuit.com/). We wouldn't be where we are today without suggestions from users like yourself, so please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Mark Granger

Quickbooks review from a long time user.

Reviewed 2020-02-01

I would rate my overall experience with QuickBooks as Very Good. It is not the most sophisticated accounting software on the market but interface and general user experience makes it a top choice when looking for non industry specific accounting software.

Pros
I have been using QuickBooks with multiple companies for over 15 years. Have found that once the learning curve has been mastered the interface is intuitive and clean to work with. Over the years many of the ancillary weaknesses or lack of added needs have been addressed. While I used to think QuickBooks wasn't evolving quickly enough with changing needs. They have improved greatly over the last 5-6 years and I feel the software has become flexible enough to handle our growing and changing needs.

Cons
I would say my main concern has been the lack of sophisticated statistical analysis that other accounting software provides. Quickbooks has been addressing these concerns over the last few years and has and is improving in these areas.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Dr. Joseph DuChene DC

Big improvement over the desktop version

Reviewed 2020-03-17

The newer online version is two thumbs up. I had a CPA that recommended I go back to the program and very glad that I took his advice. The new streamlined format is exactly what I need for my business.

Pros
I love the fact that I can check out, update and work all my financials from my ipad, phone and computer. I used to use the older Quickbooks desktop version years ago. I dumped it because it was really hard to use. I am a Chiropractor and not a CPA. The past couple of years we have been using the online version and it is exactly what I wanted/needed for the finances and my Chiropractic office.

Cons
The only problem that I had was, setting up the original accounts and Paypal. I did not set the original accounts up correctly. My bookkeeper fixed all this and explained it to me. From there everything worked out great. Except for the PayPal app. I am happy that I do not do much business through PayPal because it is the only account that I need to spend some real time with to reconcile and make sure I do not have duplicate transactions.

Andrew Minerich, CPA, CMA

Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Pros
Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Cons
There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

Lisa Hendricks

Quickbooks is the go-to software for small business accounting

Reviewed 2020-02-11

I run my own business on QB and quite a large chunk of my consulting business comes from solving QB problems. Overall, QuickBooks has done a very good job of supporting so many small businesses.

Pros
It's reasonably priced, easy to set up and configure, and very flexible. So many of my customers have used it that I've become an expert in the software, and now help many new businesses to set up and begin using it. That's actually one of the advantages of QB -- it is ubiquitous in the world of small business, so there are always people around that know about it and can answer questions about it.

Cons
It's a little too flexible: inexperienced users can EASILY put in an unbalanced entry or make a previously balanced entry unbalanced by deleting something. I have had some problems communicating with their technical support, and I'm a technical user!

Ashley Sisco

Excellent Accounting Software

Reviewed 2020-03-31

We are very happy with Quickbooks and will be using it for the foreseeable future! Highly recommend.

Pros
Quickbooks is relatively easy to use even for beginners in finance. As a small SME that has grown a bit, I have found this product to be essential to our business both in terms of financial management and planning. The customer service is great and the product is fairly intuitive.

Cons
Some features should be standardized, such as the inclusion of the 50% HST rule for meals & entertainment. We were able to add it but given the popularity of this expense it should be automated.

Response from Intuit

Hi Ashley,

Nothing makes us happier than hearing that QuickBooks has become an essential tool for managing your business needs. As you continue to grow, you can be confident that our software will back you each step of the way.

We appreciate you sharing with us your suggestion for standardizing the HST rule. Our developers are always on the lookout for ways to improve QuickBooks, so I'll make sure they receive your feedback. To stay in the loop on what features they're working on next, be sure to check out our blog(https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for leaving us such a great review and we look forward to working with you for years to come!

Wishing you continued success,
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Joy Beth Fissette

If I could find a cheaper easier product I would switch in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 2020-05-13

It’s a love hate relationship! I hate paying so much each month to use it, I hate waiting for my money when people pay my invoices. I love that I have a method to track my miles and my invoices, but I would like a more cost effective method.

Pros
Being able to create invoices and track my mileage while cleaning up my personal budget at the same time.

Cons
The cost, and waiting for my money to get to my bank. Any other app your money appears within hours maybe a day or two but QuickBooks holds your money for a full week, 5 business days so if you get paid on a Friday you won’t have access to the funds until a week later on that Monday so two weekends later. Which I know there are business’s that are fluid and waiting for their money is no big deal but my business uses my money to purchase the products I need to do the job.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Steven Rivera

Really great product as any other from Intuit

Reviewed 2020-04-20

We are solving general accounting bookkeeping, managing and paying bills and general sales quotes.

Pros
I really love all intuit products and use most of them. Quickbooks especially love it because I have some personal projects like an eBay store and you can easily integrate and we also use it in our company so it really handles well small or medium-sized companies, not sure for big companies my only experience is using it for small and big ones, but I guess it will work as well.

Cons
Their support people can be a bit slow, but overall everything is great.

Fazal Gilani

My Response to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reviewed 2020-04-20

Being a proficient user of QuickBooks, my overall experience with this software is based on my daily usage and I can rate it 9/10. No doubts it makes my and our organizations' employees work more efficiently. If someone asked me to use this software, I'll definitely recommend it to them. Because of its analytics, advanced facilities and integration with 3rd parties including many other required features make it highly recommended software in the market of accounting solution software.

Pros
QuickBooks software helps from small to large businesses, companies, and enterprises to manage more efficiently their accounts through the best cloud-based software. Enterprises can easily manage their projects, invoices and other accounting solutions. This Software has a centralized dashboard, it allows users to get more insights into their business swings. This software also helped me much time to see my organizational performance by using QuickBooks Online advanced key performance indicators. Another benefit of using this software that it gives its administrators to assign the chore to the employees for example salespersons and others. Capturing easily digital receipts copies sorting out transactions, tax categories handling and other improved financial operations in this software make me and our organization toughest tasks easier those were never like this before using QuickBooks.

Cons
However, having all these wonderful pros I personally feel some cons of this software being a proficient user. Some of the features for industry types of businesses are not enough just for an example for eCommerce Barcode scanning etc. If I take it out of accounting solution there would be missing some other reports key factors. Sometimes the system crashes happen very rarely but still is a problem.

Bakari Chavanu

Great for Preparing Quarterly Taxes

Reviewed 2020-04-15

Overall, I have a good experience with Quicken Self-Emloyed because the application is easy to use and I don't have to go and manually update transactions on a daily basis. I review it about once a week, right before my quarterly taxes are due.

Pros
I've been using Quicken self-employed, which is part of QuickBooks, for about five years now. I have seen the online application improved with more useful features, and user interface. I basically use the online version of Quicken to send out invoices, and keep track of business related income and expenses. I particularly like how Quicken syncs between my desktop web browser and my mobile devices. The invoice feature is very useful because I can send with a single click reminders to my clients about invoice payments, and another click for letting them know their payment was received. Quicken also processes my financial transactions without requiring constant manual input. once Quicken knows how you want to assign particular transactions, as business or personal, it automatically makes those assignments for each new transaction. You can also use Quicken to assign tags different types of transactions, which is useful for letting you know where and how your spending your money. Quicken is very useful for giving me an estimation about my quarterly taxes, and there is also a feature for keeping track of mileage. The mileage tracking is easy to use on my iPhone. And parts of the feature are also automated if you choose to set it up that way.

Cons
Quick Self-Employed is about $4 too expensive, and it doesn't provide very good support through its online chat system.

Response from Intuit

We'd like to thank you for being a member of the QuickBooks family for the past 5 years. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed using the product. Feel free to visit our Community, as it's a fantastic resource for helpful info regarding the product.(https://community.intuit.com/) Wishing you continued success! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Donna Allen

Very Happy with this software.

Reviewed 2020-04-09

Saves us on postage since we can email our invoices. If you make a mistake there seems to always be a way to correct without any problems.

Pros
You can make so many different reports and is very easy to use. Once you learn one area of the software, the others on based on the same format.

Cons
Off hand the only feature I would suggest is in the vendor information for General Ledger Accounts, I personal would like 10 lines to disperse my bills. Payroll needs separate taxes and net, etc. As of right now you can only put in 3 lines.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for the review, Donna. It's comforting to know that QuickBooks offers the reporting you're looking for. We're constantly trying to improve this area of the product as we want to ensure all of the reporting methods needed are available. We've taken note of your feature suggestion and will be providing this to the product development team. Wishing you continued success and happiness with the product! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Larry Morrison

QuickBooks Pro Easy to set up and use

Reviewed 2020-02-20

I have used the software for two different small businesses. The prior company I used many of the features including Banking, Estimates, invoicing, and Payroll. My present business I no longer need the estimates and payroll. It is nice to be able to see exactly where I am cashflow wise and also comparing profit and loss with prior time periods. I also use it to keep all of my client's information in one place. It also links seamlessly with my Home Inspection Software (HomeGauge). It imports all the client info easily into the report.

Pros
It seams to be very intuitive (no pun intended) in its use. It also is easy for me to send the company file electronically to my accountant for year end Tax purposes. My accountant actually recommended quickBooks many years ago and have using it for well over 25 years, and for two different businesses during that time. It is also worth noting that I have upgraded about every two to 4 years and have not had any problems loading the company files into the newer version.

Cons
About the only thing I did not like was customer service. When I did have to call them with a particular problem, they wanted to charge me for it. Even when it was clearly a defect in their software. With a small company and not needing to use all the bells and whistles the software is capable of, I opt to not have the support included but they do have the (paid) option for those that may need frequent support.

Anonymous

I taught my brother over the phone!

Reviewed 2020-02-12

I would and have recommended this product to anyone starting or operating a business for its ease of use. You do not need to be an accounting major or have years of bookkeeping knowledge to figure out how to use Quickbooks. If my brother can learn to use it, so can you.

Pros
The home page is streamlined by tasks and makes it easy to move through the different modules; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Many years ago I chose Quickbooks Pro desktop for my brother when he started his own company. He was using the old "file the receipt" in a box method and then once a year giving his "files" to his CPA for tax purposes. This method was okay when he was working for someone else but when he started his own business he needed to have his bookkeeping computerized and asked me for help. I chose Quickbooks Pro because I was able to teach myself and used it often enough I knew I would be able to guide him over the phone ny using the icons on the home page. Without any previous bookkeeping or computer knowledge, he can now invoice his clients, post payments and reconcile his bank statements all by himself. Even the payroll module is easy to use and navigate and with the right set up will calculate wages & taxes due. You just enter the employee hours and hit submit. You can then print paychecks or with the enhanced version use direct deposit. It helps keep you government compliant by letting you know when taxes and reports are due and lets you submit reports and pay taxes through the payroll module.

Cons
I do find the enhanced payroll through Quickbooks to be little pricey since you have to pay a yearly fee, a monthly fee and a per employee fee each payroll but it is a full-service payroll option and about as much as using an outside service. One of the features I find to be annoying is the customize report option. There are so many fields you can choose in the customize your report option that just will not populate with any information and you end up with empty columns. It would be better if only usable fields be listed in customize report instead of every available field found anywhere in Quickbooks. If you can't use them, lose them.

Chris Burgess

Great Comprehensive Software for a Company That is Just Emerging

Reviewed 2020-01-22

The first hurdle was getting used to the new software. A person isn't left alone though and there is alot of information online to assist you until it becomes routine . All in all, this is very good software for a smaller business.

Pros
This is a really good all around type software which is anchored in the accounting segment of your business. You can have up to thirty users and the administrator can set up restrictions and controls so the staff can only access segments of your data. This is particularly handy when you have staff that need to be able to enter information on inventory but you don't want them to have the access to your business' accounting information as a whole. The root of of the program is for transparency to your bottom line but it goes much further than that. The software is flexible enough that it would be suitable for pretty much any industry a small business would run in to suffice for all of their software tracking needs. Where the real value is for me in on the Inventory Management workflows. Some of the more exciting features revolve around the rules that can be set up for expediting business processes. Once such rule is around inventory purchasing. If you have your agreements set up with a vendor you can have the software authorize and cut POs directly when your internal rules dictate that the purchase is necessary. This saves a ton of time from having to have someone manually vette and authorized routine low cost consumable type items. There is now mobility integration as well and although I haven't had a chance to dive into the different apps that are available they look promising for any company that has a field operational workforce.

Cons
Some of the features seemed excessive for the level of detail that a smaller business requires. Perhaps this is to hit a more vast market group but it was a bit encumbering to get used to at first.

Response from Intuit

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear how the features of QuickBooks have helped you manage your accounting needs. From inventory management to setting up multiple users, you can count on QuickBooks to back you each step of the way. When designing our products, we want them to be accessible for any business owner from any industry to take charge of their books. With that being said, it takes time to get used to a new software. To help with this, we have multiple resources available online, like our Community site (http://community.intuit.com/), to make it easier to become familiar. We're so glad you're enjoying QuickBooks and look forward to working with you for years to come.

All the best,
Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Isaac Tatenda Fungura

Quickbooks review by Isaac Fungura

Reviewed 2020-01-20

I have been able to capture all inventory, sales, receipts and payments data and all journals seamlessly. I have also been able to extract customised reports such as trial balance, income statements, statement of financial position and statement of cashflows. Customer & supplier information management has been made easy by the flexibility offered by Quickbooks

Pros
The user interface is easy to use, flexible and keeps up to date with trends. Inventory Management - Allows seamless management of our multiple warehouses across the country. You can easily check inventory quantities on hand, set up re-order quantity and make orders within Quickbooks. This saves time because you then receive the goods in Quickbooks with their serial numbers and instantly updates the inventory ledger. When issuing out the goods for sale or utilisation, the serial numbers are also tracked and inventory & sales account are updated instantly as well. In terms of flexibility, you can attach receipts of your expenses that you incur on the go or, acquittals submitted by our field team to the finance office - these can easily be scanned and attached to the transaction for easy of audit trail/reference material. The same can also be done for sales - customer KYC information can be attached to the datatbase or the transaction. For instance farmer details including farm location Users can also chat online in QB and discuss transaction matters while working. They can also chat with the Admin to address challenges being faced. Online banking - you can easily link QB with you bank statement feed to avoid manual capturing of transactions into the cashbook. Import/Exports of data - you can easily export reports or import large data sets to avoid manual capturing of transactions such as journals or inventory issues. Invoice & dashboard customisation

Cons
System is sometimes unstable, especially when handling large amount of data with multiple users and multiple work stations/locations Excludes payroll function, which is an add on module at a cost Excludes project management feature, hence you have to get another software to run your project management I was also not able to link external excel sheets to automatically update the ledger and vice versa without importing or exporting data.

John Bennett

Accounting Without a Financial Background

Reviewed 2020-01-17

When I became the Executive Director at our home care agency, my list of responsibilities went from strictly operations (my background) to include every component of the company. Without any experience in accounting or finance I was somewhat nervous about being responsible for overseeing our finance division as well. QuickBooks is so user friendly, that with some basic training from our Financial Manager, and some time spent on YouTube, I was able to quickly gain an understanding of where our agency stood from a financial standpoint. The fact that I could understand this so quickly is a testament to how user-friendly QuickBooks truly is. I'm able to easily monitor where our company is with regards to Accounts Receivible, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Profit and Loss. Our agency has grown significantly over the past few years, QuickBooks is one of the reasons that we've been able to scale up so easily. I highly recommend it for your business!

Pros
-I really like how easy it is to navigate the dashboard. I can quickly go in and find whatever I'm looking for at that time. -QuickBooks' ability to interface with Apps such as Expensify, that allow us to keep everything in one place is a great feature as well.

Cons
-We initially had a difficult time syncing it up with our bank account. We were able to eventually set it up, but it took some back and forth to figure it out.

Scott Leonard

The Default Small Busines bookeeping software

Reviewed 2020-01-13

We mostly like it. It dominates the market so much that it has become the default bookkeeping solution. I think the only reason to choose something else would be if your business far outgrows QuickBooks, or if your business type is particularly well-served by a niche product. Some add-on features are useful, such as 1099 reporting. There are many third party add-ons available.

Pros
The main thing to know about Quickbooks is that it is the dominant player in small business bookkeeping. That means that every CPA knows how to use it and can help you to set it up for your business. Nearly any bookkeeper you might hire has used it before, so their learning curve should be short. It is cloud based, so your data is much safer from disasters than if you stored it on your own server. User support, while less than perfect, is at least plentiful through the message boards and other sources you might find in bookstores or on the internet. Although it is not optimized for government contracting, you can set up a chart of accounts that complies with DCAA requirements, and use the "Class" feature to distinguish between government contracts / customers. With such a large user base and development team, it is reasonably bug-free and feature rich.

Cons
About once or twice a year, they seem to make a change to the user interface...notionally to improve the user interface, but for us it vexing that features we used to know where to find get hidden under some other menu. Some cursing ensues in the office, then we find where the feature is hidden, and work continues as normal. Sometimes they seem to push the add-ons we don't want, such as payroll or financing. The subscription price went up a lot after we had been loyal customers for a couple of years...meaning it is a lot easier to stay with them and pay the higher price than it is to go shopping for an alternative.

Theresa Hilleby

Accounting software for beginners to experts

Reviewed 2020-01-08

We're a small-medium sized business, and Quickbooks is the best option for us to do our own accounting. Once a year, we'll send the file (it even has "send an accountant's copy" options) to our professional accountants to look over.

Pros
Quickbooks is honestly the easiest, most straight-forward accounting software I've encountered. And if there's something you can't find, they have an awesome how to section online, where you can find professional advice or even advice from other users! Their home screen has little arrows pointing you in the right direction (like Sales Order -goes to-> Invoices -goes to-> Receive Payments). Makes it easy for even computer illiterates to use! It follows a very easy structure, so if you have any common sense but no accounting background, you can still figure out what to do!

Cons
Quickbooks sometimes has little glitches or shuts down when you're trying to do something. It's not that big a deal, doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's usually when you have someone on the phone waiting for you, and you're trying to get QB working again.

Antonio Espeleta

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

Reviewed 2020-01-02

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pros
The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Cons
Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

Jane Ryder

Worth the price tag

Reviewed 2019-12-13

I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pros
QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Cons
It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

Antineta Formby

Quickbooks Online

Reviewed 2019-12-06

Overall, I would recommend QuickBooks Online to a client. We are coming into an age where many executives want to review their financials wherever they are and QuickBooks Online does offer that feature.

Pros
Over the last year, I started using QuickBooks Online vs. QuickBooks desktop. I really like the fact that the online version is remote meaning you can access it regardless if you are in the office or not. I like QuickBooks because it is a rather low cost software that can enable a business to see what their income and expenses are without necessarily having an accounting background. I recommend QuickBooks to many of my clients for this reason.

Cons
I have used the QuickBooks desktop version for years and have recently started using QuickBooks Online the last few months. Personally, I feel that their are a few minor things that I am getting use to. For example, I am a shortcuts person and when entering in a journal entry I'm use to the shortcut Ctrl-Delete to delete a row if there are too many. I have not found that to work in the QuickBooks Online version. I also liked how with QuickBooks Desktop if you went to the edit button when doing a transaction, it would list the different shortcuts you could use. I found this to be easier. With the QuickBooks Online version, I was able to find some shortcuts via the Help option which to me can be time consuming to have to search for. I also have found that in the beginning I had to use the Help option quite a bit just to locate some of the reports I am use to using. I'vwe found that the QuickBooks Desktop version to me is a tad bit more user friendly and helps with time management because a lot of things aren't hidden.

Jay Miller

Moved from Authorize . net

Reviewed 2019-11-19

Extremely easy sign-up process with no BS or hidden fees and months to month contract. However the customer support team tends to not be first in particular areas.

Pros
For 1% with a Of $10 a day you can transfer an ACH payment into your bank account immediately versus having it go in five days like a normal ACH bank to bank transfer would take. The software is extremely user friendly with modern UI.

Cons
I wanted to set up recurring billing for my clients where they were also invoiced every month but billed automatically. For whatever reason the rep that I got on the phone with had no idea what I was talking about no matter how I worded it I hopped on a chat but eventually I live chat with a customer support rep simply asking the difference between a sales receipt and a recurring bill yeah I was pretty much on this chat for an hour before I gave up and told the guy I was going to just call in the morning. The customer support team is not first in every aspect of their own software because I guess there’s software is pretty I hopped on a chat but eventually I live chat with a customer support rep simply asking the difference between a sales receipt and a recurring bill and I was pretty much on this chat for an hour before I gave up and told the guy I was going to just call in the morning. The customer support team is not first in every aspect of their own software because I guess their software is pretty immense.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Stephanie Conrad

The only accounting software I'll use

Reviewed 2019-11-13

Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pros
Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Cons
I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

Response from Intuit

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a 5 star review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team