KeepTruckin

The modern fleet management & GPS tracking platform.

visit website

KeepTruckin Reviews

Pros

I love the ease of getting reports for my IFTA information. Anytime I have had to call I get great help.

Donna H.

KeepTruckin is very user friendly and my drivers like it better than other devices out there.

Brandon D.

The daily logs are easly to find and down load. The tracking works awesome, the fact that all my info is at my finger tips so i don't have to walk to each truck is awesome.

Lawrence D.

Cons

Otherwise, he did not mention any changed on my previous contract, but the price. I regret to sign it because I was completely deceived by him.

OLIVER T.

Carl B.

Very slow to implement changes/fixes/new features. Mobil App for Manager has terrible units view (Grouping units under one dot its craziness).

Yehor S.

Great Product!

Pros

I love that connecting to the trucks is simple and quick. The information that is collected and provided helps you to see the impact that drivers, trucks, trailers and many other factors impact your business. The customer service (if you ever have to contact them) is great and they have been able to solve any issues I've had.

Cons

I was used to an ELD that was one-time larger purchase, but then no monthly fee. It was hard to get to used to paying monthly subscription, as we are a smaller company looking to save everywhere we can. But, after multiple DOT stops, and non-conformance through a sub-par ELD, I decided to give Keep Truckin a try. I don't guess this is necessarily a Con, just something I was wasn't excited about (monthly subscription).

Thank you, Gabriel. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Keeptruckin Cons and Pros

Overall it's a top ELD service provider in the country, and because it's large, it's very slow on new features and technologies. So if you are looking for stable software that works, here is it, but if you are looking to have it all in one, I will think twice and test competitors what will be the best option for you.

Pros

+ Interface + Integrations that works great for our customers and us + Easy to use for Drivers and main thing ELD Works great + Driver Mobil APP

Cons

- Cameras - Problems with them All the time - Cameras - 1-minute video Recovery cont convenient at all, Samsara with this better - Customer Support Could be better - Very slow to implement changes/fixes/new features - Mobil App for Manager has terrible units view (Grouping units under one dot its craziness) - When Tracked Truck + Tracked Trailer moving together you see 1 group with a number of UNITS instead of combined Truck + trailer unit with their numbers and Driver Name.

Hi Yehor, thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it so much. Let us know what can we do for you to deserve a better rating. Email us at support@keeptruckin.com and we'll more than happy to assist you. Thank you

Wouldn't recommend product unless some changes are made

I was very happy with the product itself a few months ago. Lately I have been having some issues with some of the units and they have not been resolved. Customer service takes a lot of time to resolve issues sometimes even taking up to several days.

Pros

KeepTruckin ELD is very easy to install and use

Cons

The software itself is very good. It could be better developed to avoid loss of signal in most places.

Hi Raul, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to learn more about the issues that you are facing. Please email us your comments at support@keeptruckin.com or call at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

KeepTruckin has been a good product. I tried Rand McNally’s & it could not keep up with 2 drivers. Sent it back they sent me a new cord & it still could not keep up with team logs.

Pros

You do not have to be a computer genius to use KeepTruckin it is quite simple & doesn’t break down.

Cons

They seem to keep raising the price for what I can offering me other things which I am not interested in for more money.

Thank you, Cammy. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!

Small Charter Motorcoach Operator Review

I like the software, I WOULD recommend it to an operator. I do know that some operators still use cheaper systems, or something too big for a small operator to use. This is one of KT's best features, size doesn't seem to matter, and it's not too expensive for a small operator., who has to operate with the same requirements or regulations as the larger operator.

Pros

Ease of use. Had no trouble installing and using the logbook feature. State and Federal DOT inspectors have no issues (yet) dealing with this logbook. It saves fuel receipts (important). I can, after some learning, draw the reports I need. KT called me about a connection issue I was unaware of, which was easily repaired. KT keeps up with any FMCSA logbook requirement changes.

Cons

Drawing reports can be complicated and clunky. In particular selecting date values is irritating. Search (anything) is missing. Reports difficult to combine for a full-service report (such as an IFTA audit). The dashcam feature is annoying, it doesn't always work, and right now is out of service.

Thank you, Carl. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

good product. easy to set up and use, always great customer service

If you have to have and ELD this one is a good choice for the ease of reporting, inspection mode, compliance, customer service. they work with many other tracking apps, they are constantly improving and developing, and update current laws and such.

Pros

Everything about this is easy to use and set up. Anyone can use it and set it up. It usually works well with any vehicle, we have used in several different semis and even hot shots. I like the reports for making apportioned and IFTA reporting easy. I have never had any problem that wasn't fixed really quickly. If the unit goes bad they ship another one right away. If you have a problem and can not...

Cons

on some vehicles the odometer mileage does not read correctly. Don't get me wrong the mileage for the trip and day is correct to how many miles and such. it just won't read the odometer so that they match for example 299473 on odometer and it has correct miles per day, and trip. just the odometer reading, not a big deal you just put it in and it runs everything fine. Other that that which is not a...

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrea. This information helps us determine what improvements we need to make. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and do not hesitate to share your concern with support@keeptruckin.com so that we can help to get them resolved for you.

ELD for a newbie

Pros

As someone who had no prior knowledge to the transportation industry this has been the easiest way to learn. The customer service is unmatched. I’ve called at 3am for help because I did something wrong and at 8pm. Without fail I have always been able to speak with a real life individual who has helped me immensely and also walked me through the system. I have recommended KeepTruckin dozens of times because of all that listed above. I won’t ever go with another company so long as they keep this kind of service!

Cons

To be honest there aren’t very many things wrong with this software. Usually the issue I have come across have been user error rather than interface.

Hi Anthony, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Decent product, does what it is supposed to

Working with KT has been pleasant/productive overall. Their app IS helping me keep my trucks compliant and legal. When I DO need support both the response and turnaround time are awesome!

Pros

What I like most is the wealth of notifications you can get from this application. The app keeps you informed even if you are not logged into it. Very useful to someone that runs three departments within a trucking company.

Cons

Some things are hard to find in the driver app version, so you have to call support and have them "lead you to it".

Hi William, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Short review

It serves our current requirements, to be accurate, and reliable ELD

Pros

easy to use, web portal is easy to use, Keeptrucking is constantly adding new features

Cons

web portal sometimes take to long to load, for example if I want to pull out logs or safety reports it will take me some time

Hi Bosko, thanks for your amazing feedback, we appreciate it so much. Safe rides!

4 stars for Keep Truckin

It has been pretty good. Not too many hiccups.

Pros

It is easy to use. Suits our organization very well. Being able to support our drivers by going back on the dashcam when an incident occurs is a great feature.

Cons

I dislike the load board attached to Keep Truckin.

Thank you, Vivianne. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Just the basics

My thoughts, Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers...

Pros

Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD.

Cons

The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Best Decision for our Company

our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

Pros

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

Cons

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation. When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

Best, Affordable ELD Software

Knowledgeable people, great customer service, good looking software.

Pros

Easy to use, straight forward, accurate and neatly designed

Cons

Small things, but nothing to be concern about.

Hi Alexander, we're glad to know that you like our product and services. Please feel free to reach us at 855-434-3564, if you need assistance.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

We been trying to contact the company for our contract and representative always tell us someone will contact you within 24 hrs and we are still waiting. It's a bad business if you can't even answer or return your phone call to your customers. They better not renew my contract without calling me. I think they are trying to renew the contact by saying that we never contact them in a time frame. Please don't renew my contract without calling us.

Cons

Hi Amish, We want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and appreciate your patience during this time. We strive to provide our customers with an outstanding experience. One of our representatives reached out to you over the phone, but it went straight to voicemail. Please know that your request has been noted and we'll assist to resolve your matter at the highest priority. In the meantime, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564.

Logging software for Trucking Company

Stated using Keep Truckin Software before any DOT mandates. Compared with a few other software providers and liked the functionality of Keep Truckin the best. Several or the other companies have fallen by the wayside. Keep Truckin keeps on rollinin.

Pros

Product is simple to use. It is a BYOD program. Updates are easy to install. I se the basic features to minimize the cost.

Cons

Being a small company, I have to pay for the service annually. Would prefer to pay quarterly. Some of the functionality was removed from service then added back for a higher fee.

Thank you, Kevin. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback. Furthermore, regarding your concern about the billing, please email us at support@keeptruckin.com and we'll look into it right away.

Best choice in the industry for user friendly atmosphere

I have great experiences with Keep Truckin. The staff have been great and make it as seemless as possible. Our drivers enjoy the ease of use

Pros

I chose this ELD program due to it being driver friendly and the ease of using it. It had everything we were looking for. There are some companies offering less monthly cost and little to no cost, but Keep truckin had a great track record and I look to support those that have been around for years and are designed around the trucking industry with drivers use in mind as well as office staff.

Cons

There are some glitches every now and then, but have been worked out. It was mostly drivers drive time was starting to early and no way to correct it...but lately has been running smoothly

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Best ELD we have found

Overall, they have a great product overall and are always working to make it better.

Pros

We have been using KeepTruckin since the ELD mandate and have been very happy with it. They are constantly working to improve and have been a great partner. The dashcam works great too. Both the back-office portal and the driver app are very intuitive.

Cons

They have been increasing the pricing significantly recently. Cost of hardware can be especially high. They don't allow you to deactivate devices or have deactivated devices on hand without paying the monthly subscription fee. That reduces flexibility significantly. They should only charge for devices that are being used.

Thanks for the positive feedback and rating, Sean. We really appreciate it.

Tech Support

Everything is kept to the cloud, I no longer have to file logs, they are there at a touch of the keyboard. maintenance can be tracked. IFTA can be managed using the software. Saves us time and money.

Pros

For drivers, the software interface is so easy to navigate. Easily edit, make changes if mistakes are made regarding off duty, sleeper and on duty status. Admin side of things are very self explanatory and Tech support is very professional and proficient when you have something you may not understand or have questions on "how to".

Cons

No dislikes that are a hindrance to our daily operation.

Thank you so much for your review, Edwin. We really appreciate the feedback and hope you'll spread the word.

Always room to improve

We are happy with Keep Trucking. Their customer service is generally amazing - they can usually find a quick way to remedy a situation. The functions it provides are easy to use and helpful for taking care of governmental and insurance requirements.

Pros

I love how easy it is to learn and all the available YouTubes that explain absolutely everything! I also appreciate how KT is looking for ways to make things better or add new services. Their customer service can be AMAZING! We’ve had a three way call with one particularly outstanding young man who assisted an older driver on our fleet with unbelievable patience. He was over the top amazing. Other times I’ve had to call about the same issue repeatedly - which has been referred to engineering at least twice but I never heard back from anyone… and it still isn’t fixed. Our business has lots of room to improve - and so does Keep Trucking:)

Cons

Keep Trucking doesn’t have a way - presently, to keep track of dispatches and load info. It would also be great if we didn’t need another software program for the financial end of things or at least have the option to add it.

Thank you so much for your review, Teresa. We really appreciate the feedback and hope you'll spread the word.

Great ELD for my company

Great service

Pros

Legal and easy to use plus have many tools to asset in helping manage my company

Cons

Hours of service a little tricky until you learn how ELD works

Thank you, Ralph. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Simply the best

I have been using KT for over 5 years, and haven't had any issues that would require me to contact CS.

Pros

Ease of use, adding/correcting errors. I have used it as an AOBRD and ELD and as a simple DDL. it is very intuitive software to use.

Cons

Not a real issue with the software/App itself, I don't like using any apps on my phone, so I choose to use this on a Tablet instead, easier to read and manipulate, and I keep my info separate from the tablet.

Hi Dale, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word! Regards, KeepTruckin Inc.

Easy to Use

It is a great way for our guys to track how they have been driving AND WHAT improvements they could make to further their driving efforts and skills.

Pros

We enjoy using Keep trucking app to help save on paper waste by doing things electronically. As well as it is super easy to use for our employees. We are able to track where and what time our trucks are on the road as well as monitor the way our employees are driving. It is super handy on the go! No need to find a pen :) All logs can be submitted to managers and MTO which is also a really cool feature.

Cons

Cons, Sometimes the plug can be unplugged ( not very secure) and thee truck will not be reading the drivers movements and we will have to go back and fix the logs. Also, even when you ARE not using the truck you still have to sign your logs in order for your drivers score to be recorded properly.

Thank you, Kelsey. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback. Do not hesitate to email your comments to support@keeptruckin.com or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564 and we will more than happy to assist you.

Admin review

We have had pretty good overall experience with Keep Trucking. The only real problem we are having, is trying to return surplus units for credit. We have downsized. We have tried emailing and calling customer service, and the only response we get is, "Why do you want to terminate your service?" We DO NOT want to terminate the service, we want to return surplus units for credit.

Pros

I use Keep Trucking daily to keep track of our fleet. It gives me data about our drivers' performance. I especially like the safety feature, as it gives me real time data on their driving habits. I have used this to show drivers that they do have issues in some areas. Some of them don't particularly care to be shown their deficiencies. I can also use the software to manage logs, and to monitor trips. This is especially useful on scheduled hauls, to make sure the driver is keeping to a set timeline. Overall a very useful tool.

Cons

Sometimes the updates are hard to implement.

Thank you, Byron. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Daily user

Their customer service is helpful and is on the ball with anwsering any problems we've had.

Pros

Customer service is very helpful when we've had any issues and they replace equipment when it was not working.

Cons

The eld had to be replaced because of a malfunction. Had to wait for a replacement a few days. Paying for year up front.

Hi Nina, Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate the feedback and we are glad that you love our app. Regards, KeepTruckin Inc.

Recommended ELD Provider

Their customer service is incredible! You can email in, and within a couple hours you will have your answer. If an ELD is not working properly, you are assigned a case number, and are shipped a replacement in a timely manner.

Pros

Getting the drivers set up with the ELD's was so easy! I love that there are so many FAQ pages, with helpful visuals, makes it easy for both admin and drivers to refer to. Another great feature is all of the available reports you can run, whether it is a safety report, or data usage, or fault codes.

Cons

I wish I could search for assets (trailers) used, even though we don't use Keep Truckin for our trailer GPS's. It would make it nicer to see which driver pulled what, if it was written on their logs, and then have a search feature.

Thank you, Leah. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!