MaintainX Logo
MaintainX

Manage Maintenance and Operations. Without the Paper Stacks.

visit website

MaintainX Reviews - Page 4

EE

Ehsan E.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Great CMMS software

Awesome app for CMMS

Pros

Easy to use and implement, intuitive for users, great customer service support

Cons

Reporting view not accessible for requesters

ST

Sydney T.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

MaintainX

This is a wonderful and useful program for any corporation and I would highly recommend it!

Pros

With our team of guides, we are usually all working different shifts and have different Responsibilities, with MaintainX it makes it easier to communicate what type of projects and maintenance needs to be done and which have priority. Before using this program it took much longer to get important things done. We are now able to assign task to teams, with a photo, description of the work that needs to be done, what tools and supplies are needed and even keep track of When inspections need to be completed.

Cons

Originally I helped our manager set up the program so I was able to see the full program and keep track of all the maintenance going on around the park, due to the cost of the program, once it was finished being set up, I was bumped down to just being a user. From the users point of view, I find it difficult to keep track of projects that need to be done or have already been completed.

Is

Ismael s.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

own expectation.

well never before l use something like this maintain X it's a great tool communication.

Pros

well I really like it cause l can make my own report and show with pictures when something brock and pass to next shift o my manager if l need to order any part machine.

Cons

well of course always it's something to improve .

KK

Kandis K.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Music Label Loves MX!

Amazing!

Pros

Forget Bandcamp, Monday or other team productivity software, MX is where it is at! Everyone can easily print their work orders and see what is due when. We love the many features and ways MX keeps us organized.

Cons

It is expensive. Bandcamp was free. I wish it linked to Google Calendar and GroupMe some how. I wish there was a DAY overview feature.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Very happy with the functionality of the app

I would like to compare it very close to other hotel property management apps. The most popular one in NYC being Alice with the functionality of a chat and the options to @ a dept in the chat. If this app had that maybe it would take it to another level.

Pros

I like that I can attach photos. Typically assigning a task to another department is not easy unless you are present to show what needs to get done.

Cons

Sometimes it froze up on me when uploading a photo task could just be my phone could be the upload was slow.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are glad you had a positive experience. We haven't heard of any issues with photo uploads related to our app - if your internet connection is weak, that can impact the upload speed. We are working on making many improvements to our chat and messaging and @ mentions will be coming soon! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can ever be helpful in the future :)

LS

Les S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Perfect for us

Pros

GUI is amazing—even on mobile devices. Easy to find assigned work.

Cons

Notifications are not as customizable as I would like.

AM

America M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Wish I had this sooner!

I really appreciate the ability to look at report to completion timelines, the number of work orders that are still open, which have crossed their deadline, read notes on the orders, etc. It is very comprehensive and we have incorporated all of our preventative maintenance into the system as well.

Pros

Every option/feature that I wanted in the software's capability was there. The fact that is was so user-friendly made it a no brainer!

Cons

I don't really have any cons. If you and your staff learn how to navigate the app, it is easy.

LV

LISA V.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

STATE OF THE ART WORK ORDER SYSTEM

NONE

Pros

THIS SOFTWARE IS SUCH A TIMESAVER! NO MORE PAPERWORK, ALL ON-LINE, EXTREMELY DETAILED FOR PAPERWORK TRAILING, IS A GREAT CRACK FILLER (PREVENTS WORK FALLING IN THE CRACKS), SAVES TIME FOR CREATOR OF WORK ORDER, SAVES TIME FOR THOSE WHO WORK THE ORDERS, NO MORE HAVING TO CALL OR COME INTO THE OFFICE ALL THE TIME, SUPERVISOR/MANAGER IS ABLE TO SEE PRODUCTION AND WHO PRODUCES.

Cons

CREATING A WORK ORDER, GETTING INTERRUPTED AND HAVING TO REVIEW SOMETHING ELSE, THEN HAVING TO START ALL OVER IN GENERATING THE WORK ORDER, BUT MAY BE A WAY AROUND THIS AND I JUST HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT YET.

ST

Shawn T.

Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees

End user review of software. Two thumbs up

Overall, the best review I can give is the month that my phone was broke, I was behind and lost on task due to not having onhand access of the app. The software and app lets me stay ahead and complete task or make work orders and keep moving. Without it we end up fighting fires and responding instead of anticipating issues.

Pros

This would be a tie between glancing at the app to see what task are assigned to me or my team and the ease of taking a picture and starting a work order on my phone while out in the plant from my phone.

Cons

No real cons with the software as of yet, I'm an end user and not an admin. I assume at that point I would have more input.

RM

Ryan M.

Very pleased customer

Very pleased with how organized my team and I are and being able to stay on top off jobs that need completion

Pros

Keeps me informed as to where jobs are at even after days off can look up a work order and see exactly what still needs to be done

Cons

Priority setting could be better for instance I want a guy to do a job that needs to be done right away but no way of bumping it up higher when the worker has other high priority jobs. I generally use comment section to let them know though

WB

William B.

Ease of use layout

One of the few apps whenever you need customer support they respond very quickly and if they don’t have the answer they are working on it or get it resolved quickly

Pros

I like that the new update most recent came out and added the search bar for chosing customer invoices

Cons

New update had an issue with how much was being paid on my draws but it did not show it on the main sheet I have to go into the paid file to see what was owed but as always contacted customer support and working on the presently

JB

Jac B.

Design, self-employed

Game Changer

Pros

This software was a game changer for my business. I am able to create job cards (work orders), upload images of my illustrations, track costings, track my time spent, prioritise, keep procedure lists for individual orders, run reports for orders made per month and completed orders per month. When ever i have a query the customer care team promptly gets back to me with meaningful and useful information. For a one man show is brilliant, but it is tailored to large companies and personal. It makes tracking, organising and time management an absolute breeze so i can focus on completing my actual work.

Cons

I would like to be able to personalise some of the language and categories used, as it is set up for a more maintenance and mechanic business systems.

TC

Travis C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Pros

I love the fact how we where able to go from paper to paperless. The ease of searching for work orders is a HUGE plus. The ease for the team to use in the field on multiple devices is a great plus as well.

Cons

The one thing I dislike about the app is that when work orders are closed they still.appear in closed orders for my team. I would.love to see the option to archive these while still be searchable.

DC

Deanna C.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Huge asset for multi-property hotel group

It has taken a lot of coordination off of my plate and allowed a simple method of communication from the line-level staff to completion of repairs and needs. Well worth it!

Pros

Ease of use. The functionality is seamless for users in different departments and properties to communicate and coordinate. A task can be created and assigned to maintenance, who can then assign it to the ordering department when they identify parts needed, reassigned to maintenance when the parts arrive, then assigned to housekeeping for final clean and completion of the task. Also easy to customize to meet our specific needs.

Cons

There were a couple misses that we found when first using the software. For example, you couldn't filter tasks by property. That said, when we raised it with the MaintainX team they added it almost immediately!

CJ

Chris J.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Brilliant!

We used a lot of paper previously to keep on top of our maintenance duties. This usually meant that paperwork got lost. Machines missed important checks. Downtime was a real issue. Since having MaintainX, no machines have missed any work. Downtime has decreased massively! Its easy for anybody to access the schedules so no more surprises! Its a brilliant product and I wish I had access to it earlier!

Pros

Its easy to use, adaptable and customer service is brilliant! Any issues, they are a message away.

Cons

The lack of avoiding weekends when setting up work orders over a monthly timeframe. I over come this by choosing the daily reoccurrence. It gave me the same outcome but with more work involved.It would also be good if you could add a work order to a previous day. I cant always take my phone with me, so it would be good if the next day I could add the jobs that I had completed the previous day.

BT

Brent T.

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Zero to organized in 6 mos

MaintainX has pretty well streamlined all the aspects of our fleet repair and maintenance programs. When I took this position in Feb. 2019 there was no fleet maintenance or repair programs, procedures or protocol. We were only responding and putting out "fires". With help from MaintainX I was able to put together successful work flows and implement a fleet program we are now entering month 6 and still loving it.

Pros

user friendly interface, easy to use. The neatness of the work order PDF exports is very professional. Ability to build asset profiles and share with all users.

Cons

I feel that there could be some improvement with reporting and sharing.

SO

Scott O.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Best software I have used since starting in Machine Maintenance over 20 years ago

down time tracking has improved greatly, and actually eliminated some of the problems we thought we were having, overall very pleased and cant ask for a better software, definitely for the money.

Pros

very easy to set up, everything very customizable, and inputting data very simple.

Cons

some of the data charts were not to user friendly at the start. but once you got the filters the way you wanted, then they all were exactly what we needed.

RV

Rick V.

MaintainX for home services

Works very well for our organization. Easy to learn and use.

Pros

Works well as a mobile app - entries instantly appear for all users.

Cons

Sometimes changes were made to the app without prior warning. Not insurmountable, but surprising.

EG

Edward G.

Construction, 51-200 employees

MaintainX is a great product for our business

Since we started using MaintainX, we have completely done away with paper workorders. Keeps good track of our business. As of today, we are very satisfied with the software.

Pros

The software is easy to use and a great way to track current and past repairs on our equipment. We can access our information either by laptop or smartphone. Out in the field, this is very important to the service tech on the job.

Cons

So far, we really have nothing negative to say. If we have a problem or something we need changed, our account manager is very quick to respond.

JM

Jeffery M.

Packaging and Containers, 201-500 employees

Smart helper

I like it. More training would be nice. I believe it should be something that maintenance tracking should be more organized. Parts list is vag

Pros

It has the potential to be great tool. You can always look up the asset. Find the belt size or even the motor size

Cons

Training needs more attention. That’s also got to do with management. It would be nice if it. Would list break fowns

SF

Sean F.

Farming, 201-500 employees

Great software

It’s been a great experience snd will help to streamline our maintenance and safety. The MaintainX staff has been great to work with and setting up our orgs.

Pros

It is very easy to use and get set up. It also doesn’t matter how experienced our guys are with tech it is very easy to use

Cons

Haven’t found something we don’t like yet

RC

Robert C.

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

Exceptional software, very useful in daily workflow.

Overall i am very pleased with the software.

Pros

I love the integration of procedures into workorders.

Cons

Can use more options for things. Detailing for different items and categories would be useful.

MD

Maureen D.

Simple Set Up on Maintain X

Overall a very reasonable price program and simple to use. I have seen some good advances in the past 6 months with reporting features and look forward to future updates.

Pros

Software is very simple to use and set up. In the last 6 months the customer service has become much more helpful and they are definately adding more features.

Cons

There are some items that can not be changed by the user. Examples such as service dates - if you enter the work order after the fact you can not go back and modify the date so reporting is off.

DP

Derek P.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

MaintainX Review

Great

Pros

Easy to use, great for keeping track of assets and work order.

Cons

I wish the tracking options were a little more detailed

WH

Walter H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Customer Feedback

Improves coordination between the department members and management- good. Doesn't really work for short items like the floor is wet- please go and mop it. The event needs to rise to the work order level. This is a limitation. Maybe a communications path between team members?

Pros

Fast and easy to implement. Works well on cell phones.

Cons

Already commented on this. All the old work orders stay in the pile forever