Asset Essentials Reviews - Page 2

My Experience with SchoolDude

Pros

Ease of use. Significantly less paper work. Quick response when service is indicated. Keeps everyone who needs to be aware of an issue informed. So far the process has worked as advertised. It has allowed our staff to provide quick and accurate responses. There is more accountability when a request is made in writing, approved by a supervisor and acted upon in an efficient amount of time.

Cons

I really can't think of anything. Maybe making deleting a request easier. There are times when the situation submitted has been addressed through a conversation and there is no need for the responder to take action.

Repair Assistance 101

Pros

Maintenance Direct keeps great records and history of repairs and those who submit them. It helps to retrieve similar issues and generate vendor repairs as a combined problem, rather than piece meal each repair separately. In the long run, it is a tremendous cost savings overall.

Cons

Changes that are not always made known ahead of time that I feel are a sometimes a loss of accessibility. Example is password reset on the administrative side. This has recently changed and it does make it more cumbersome to figure out new user errors such as duplicate logins.

Great Product

Pros

I use two packages from SchoolDude. Maintenance Direct and Facility Direct. We also use Trip Direct in our District. All work great together and are seamless. I can go to one and then it will connect me to the others without having to re-enter passwords. All keep records of past events and searches are simple. Maintenance Direct is very powerful and more than meets our needs. Everything is thought out and setup for a School District, but I can see it used for other Business's as well.

Cons

The only complaint that I would have is that the charts on the Home Page of Facility Direct doesn't export to Excel and when printing it out, it can look strange on the paper.

Superior Value

We use it for reactive WOs, PMs, EHS training prompters, regulatory scheduling.

Pros

Cloud based; no IT help needed. Superior customer assistance.

Cons

The inability to delete a work order is a minor nuisance; I work around it by "re-writing" the WO.

Great Product and Great Customer Service

Pros

The product works great for the administrators, technicians, and users. We get positive feedback regularly about our use of this product. And if there happens to be something we don't understand about the product or some way we think the product could be improved, the customer service is happy to respond to requests and take recommendations into consideration.

Cons

Honestly, there's not really anything we don't like about them. They have a good product that they continue to improve. I guess I just wish they had more products.

Preventative Maintenance software

Pros

The software has the best (easiest to navigate and common sense flow) user interface out of the 4-5 competitors that I evaluated. The sales rep that I worked with was low pressure and responsive to my needs and questions. Implementation cost and annual service costs were very competitive. The after purchase training and setup was also very positive. I have a point person and scheduled time blocks for training and continue to have great customer service 3 months after implementation. In fact my training rep. emailed me today asking how things were going and if I had any questions.

Cons

In a perfect world, I would like to tailor the software to my specific needs and industry. Facility Dude is a generic software from the sense that it accommodates the language and requirements spanning several very different industries. I have had to be creative in a few cases with how we classify groups and naming convention. Not a big issue however the inability to have some level of customization would be my only complaint.

Tech Request Made Easy

Pros

I like this product is easy and straight forward in entering a request. Only the facts are needed; not any unnecessary questions to clutter the request.

Cons

It is a little irritating when you can't login when you forget to pull down to itdirect and have to start over; there needs to be an option for iDevices or Android devices and netbooks rather than hardware. Finally, when checking on tech requests, it would be nice if the list pulled up with newest first. I know that is an option at the bottom, but sometimes I forget and have to go to end;

SchoolDude software is outstanding.

Pros

SchoolDude software is user friendly, with amazing reporting features. The Client Services Team goes above and beyond in support of the SchoolDude products. Client Services is not provided from a foreign country. The staff is easy to understand - there is no language barrier. SchoolDude University provides a unique opportunity to expand product knowledge and build relationships with peer institutions.

Cons

There is not a single aspect that I am unsatisfied with.

Wonderful and Amazing

Pros

The Product is easy to use, and has wonderful reporting capabilities. Since the product is web based it can be accessed from anywhere. Since the product is web based School dude has the capability to do comparisons on how you are doing in relation to the rest of the world. This shows me what areas we need to improve on and what areas we are doing great on.

Cons

We cannot have a work order assigned to more than one person. Can you guys please change this?

A good fit: SchoolDude's MaintenanceDirect and Landmark Christian

Pros

One of the most compelling reasons that we went with their product is that their applications are built exclusively for the needs of educational institutions. The company has basically put all of their eggs into that basket, which gives them an understanding of educational facilities and their maintenance requirements. Educational environments (be it public, private, or higher) are in a class all their own and are met with certain challenges that other businesses may not necessarily face. All of the staff I have had the pleasure of meeting and/or speaking with exhibit a sensitivity to and knowledge of those unique needs.

Cons

Having come from a completely paper system to an automated system such as SchoolDude's, I haven't experienced any flaws worth noting.

So far so good.

Pros

Too early to say what I like most, but very happy with the flexibility of the system and customer service. Lot's of tutorials.

Cons

Too early to tell. Only been using for a few days.

School Dude Review

Pros

The product is always up to date and keeps in real time with requests that our clients have put in that help us to reach them faster. It also is an easy to use source for checking into the history of requests along with dates submitted and dates completed.

Cons

Sometimes the product does force some of our tickets into a limbo of sorts when we've tried to assign it employees. It goes into a place in which it's not assigned nor is it open. This issue has caused conflict several times in which someone is waiting for help but we had no idea until we do a full search in which it will then be visible.

SchoolDude - Awesome Product - Awesome Service

Pros

Questions? Your answer is a phone call away, and there's always a human that answers the phone! We use Facility Scheduling and Maintenance Direct. Both products are easy to use and it's easy to train users in our buildings. SchoolDude also offered conference call training when we did the initial set up.

Cons

I can honestly say I have not had a negative experience with SchoolDude.

MaintenanceDirect

Pros

MaintenanceDirect is very user-friendly. If you should have a issue navigating the system the customer service/ technical support is awesome.

Cons

I would like to be able to batch close work order but craft, assigned to, and/or purpose code.

Director of Facilities

Pros

I have had great success using both the Maintenance Direct program and the PM Direct program. Both have assisted my District with becoming more efficient with the Maintenance work orders and the Preventive Maintenance schedules. The online help or direct phone help is outstanding as well.

Cons

There really is nothing about the schooldude program that I do not like at this time.

Review of Maintenance Direct

Pros

As a Technology Coodinator, I evaluate a lot of different software. ALL of the School Dude products are simple to setup and very easy for the customer to use. The tech support above and beyond what is normally expected. They were able to fix my routing issue in less time than it took for me to login to the portal.

Cons

I wish School Dude was more affordable. On the other hand, you get what you pay for in life.

never can log in

poor waste of money cant even log in only once in a while very very poor

Pros

software is well organized that is about it

Cons

everything, I can never seem to log in to the web site this is a website problem, also the program runs really slow if I knew what I know now I would have never invested so much time into this useless program

Hi Tyler, We're really sorry to hear this and would like to work with you to make things right or better understand how we can improve. Our support team is available at 877.868.3833 or support@dudesolutions.com at your convenience. If you prefer that we contact you directly instead, please send us a direct message with your organization's name/contact information and a client success manager will be in touch immediately.

Web Based Maintenance Management Systems made Easy

Pros

The product is cost-effective. The only hardware I need is a computer, smart phone, or tablet. The vendor is in touch with the needs of the clients they are trying to reach.

Cons

I would like the product to have more capability to clean up clutter in various data fields. I would like to have more contact from my account representative/manager.

Easy to use and capable.

This system will satisfy our needs for at least the initial five years of a conversion to RCM.

Pros

Ease of use for price, great reporting. The Dude Intelligence reporting is newly developed and comes right out of the box with great graphs and organized data.

Cons

Currently limited in long term root cause failure analysis due to restricted levels of asset organization.

Better than what we were using

Pros

User Friendly for both techs and requester to make work orders.

Cons

The reports do not allow for various options I may wish to use to generate a report and entering of work orders as an administrator is very time consuming. Would also like to attach a file when creating a work order, not have to save it first then go back and upload file.

This reviewer only left a rating

We have multiple facilities across three counties, so we are mindful of travel time and expense. We can easily see the most important items and address those first. MaintenanceEdge has also enabled us to do benchmarking and analyze our data to determine how we are utilizing our resources. Information from the system is essential when we advocate for additional staff or plan for future needs. The...

Simplifies tracking maintenance issues

Pros

With multiple campuses - being able to track work orders, in particular being able to search specific rooms or areas that have issues, has made identifying trouble spots or failing equipment much easier.

Cons

I have had no real issues with this product that have not been solved by their support team.

I couldnt be happier with this system

Pros

It is extremely user friendly and the more we learn about the system the more it has to offer. All of my techs were able to navigate through the system and get the basics down in a matter of minutes by day 2 they were creating work orders and asking about searching work history on equipment.

Cons

I have had to input all my assets, vendors, manufacturers, etc. the data entry is still ongoing after several months. I would suggest hiring someone for data entry.

Dude Solutions for Maintenace Department PMs

Having all of our maintenance PMs and annual projects in one program has made it easier to plan ahead.

Pros

Organization and the timeline that the reminders would come out.

Cons

With a web based program there is always the possibility that you will not have access to the program at all times.

Hi Derek, thank you for leaving a review! We're thrilled to hear Asset Essentials has helped with organization and planning ahead, especially for PMs and annual projects. Thanks for being part of The Dude!

School Dude

Pros

The screens are easy to follow, most of the time it uses drop down boxes for filling out information. We use three products from School Dude. Maintenance, IT Direct and Trip direct. All three of these are very easy to use.

Cons

At times there are too many boxes that are required to be filled out.