Asset Essentials

Web-based CMMS system for SMBs

Asset Essentials Reviews - Page 3

Web Based Maintenance Management Systems made Easy

Pros

The product is cost-effective. The only hardware I need is a computer, smart phone, or tablet. The vendor is in touch with the needs of the clients they are trying to reach.

Cons

I would like the product to have more capability to clean up clutter in various data fields. I would like to have more contact from my account representative/manager.

Easy to use and capable.

This system will satisfy our needs for at least the initial five years of a conversion to RCM.

Pros

Ease of use for price, great reporting. The Dude Intelligence reporting is newly developed and comes right out of the box with great graphs and organized data.

Cons

Currently limited in long term root cause failure analysis due to restricted levels of asset organization.

Better than what we were using

Pros

User Friendly for both techs and requester to make work orders.

Cons

The reports do not allow for various options I may wish to use to generate a report and entering of work orders as an administrator is very time consuming. Would also like to attach a file when creating a work order, not have to save it first then go back and upload file.

This reviewer only left a rating

We have multiple facilities across three counties, so we are mindful of travel time and expense. We can easily see the most important items and address those first. MaintenanceEdge has also enabled us to do benchmarking and analyze our data to determine how we are utilizing our resources. Information from the system is essential when we advocate for additional staff or plan for future needs. The...

Simplifies tracking maintenance issues

Pros

With multiple campuses - being able to track work orders, in particular being able to search specific rooms or areas that have issues, has made identifying trouble spots or failing equipment much easier.

Cons

I have had no real issues with this product that have not been solved by their support team.

I couldnt be happier with this system

Pros

It is extremely user friendly and the more we learn about the system the more it has to offer. All of my techs were able to navigate through the system and get the basics down in a matter of minutes by day 2 they were creating work orders and asking about searching work history on equipment.

Cons

I have had to input all my assets, vendors, manufacturers, etc. the data entry is still ongoing after several months. I would suggest hiring someone for data entry.

Essential as you grow

So far so good, we'll know more after implementation

Pros

Multi-use beyond facilities management and the scalability; it can be viewed as an enterprise system particularly for business with multi-locations

Cons

The lead time for implementation seemed long; the Dude team's understanding of our business could have been better at the beginning

Dude Solutions for Maintenace Department PMs

Having all of our maintenance PMs and annual projects in one program has made it easier to plan ahead.

Pros

Organization and the timeline that the reminders would come out.

Cons

With a web based program there is always the possibility that you will not have access to the program at all times.

Hi Derek, thank you for leaving a review! We're thrilled to hear Asset Essentials has helped with organization and planning ahead, especially for PMs and annual projects. Thanks for being part of The Dude!

School Dude

Pros

The screens are easy to follow, most of the time it uses drop down boxes for filling out information. We use three products from School Dude. Maintenance, IT Direct and Trip direct. All three of these are very easy to use.

Cons

At times there are too many boxes that are required to be filled out.

The software works very well to manage my helpdesk requests for IT.

Pros

I like how easy it is to keep up with all my requests. It is much easier than requests coming to my email and getting lost with all of my other inbox items.

Cons

I would like for the process for doing a query to be much easier. It is not a simple process!

Best Customer Service ever!

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to use and maintain. Great customer service. Great peer discussion group.

Cons

I would like to be able to assign the work orders to more than one person; I would like Action not taken in red to disappear out of the Action Taken box

It's a great product!....

Pros

I like the warehouse affect being able to put all the information that you have in the warehouse and match the warehouse product to the job...

Cons

I like it the way it it is you don't have to change a thing....

Was Amazing. Totally made or campus effeicient

Pros

Everything is amazing. All support, is great! Maint Direct and all other products work great together.

Cons

It slow at times when out of range of wifi or LTE. Maybe there could be an app for Windows tablets.

I have used school dude for over 3 years now and it works all the time

Pros

School dude is always up and running. I have used school dude for over 3 years now and it works all the time. I have never had a time where i tried to sign on and it was down.

Cons

I don't like how when teachers submit a school dude they come in twice sometimes.

I have really enjoyed work with SchoolDude!

Pros

It helps me keep track of all our work and preventative maintenance.

Cons

FS Direct is harder to understand all of it. It takes the longest to learn.

SchoolDude.com

Pros

This software is very user friendly and fairly easy to navigate. It is a great improvement from our previous work order and inventory system.

Cons

Even though it is web based, this could cause issues if either of our networks go down for any significant amount of time.

This reviewer only left a rating

We provide maintenance support to over 30 departments located throughout our county. As a local government, we are mindful of our accountability to citizens and also like to ensure we are offering a high level of service to our customers. With those things in mind, we decided to begin using MaintenanceEdge to make sure we efficiently do the best job we can. Getting set up in the system was no problem...

MaintenanceEdge by Dude Solutions

We are launching the use of MaintenanceEdge to manage our Preventive Maintenance system, replacing a spreadsheet based system in place for years. The system is used to create Preventive Maintenance tasks specific to each piece of industrial equipment, and schedule them recurring as required.

Pros

Very simple and intuitive to use. Permission levels can be set up to let users have sufficient access to edit database records and fields without too much restriction. This allows for good customization.

Cons

There are limitations with search and look up features for certain fields of the data records. In most cases, one can search based on any data field, but in some key cases this is not easy and a round about way of finding a record is required.

Maintenance Direct

Pros

Support staff is excellent. Response time when asking a question is answered fast and efficiently.

Cons

Unable to delete work orders. I understand this is a quality control issue. Also, to be able to create our own Crafts.

When you need an edge

Pros

As a product, MaintenanceEdge is supported by excellent customer support. The product itself is simple and straightforward once you've learned the interface. The streamlining of requests is intuitive and promotes a more productive work environment.

Cons

There are a few holes in functionality that either require long-winded solutions for the end user or aren't possible at all. Searches and filters are rudimentary, and the UI is outdated and clumsy.

Critical conflict alerts

Pros

Ease of usage and comprehensive reports. I particularly like the conflict alerts.

Cons

Slow at times. However, the periods of slow-ness are random.

I think SchoolDude is a great tool for our school.

Pros

I like that it has drop down choices. It is fast and easy to choose.

Cons

I would like the drop down for the permanent building that I am employed to be already chosen, so I don't have to choose the building.

Getting To Know The Dude

Prior to using Facility Dude for the first time, I had zero experience with any type of IMMS. After about 3 months at my current position, I was the resident expert in my department for all questions and new users. The trick with MaintenanceEdge/FacilityDude (aka ME/FD), is prepping your account before users get in an create loads of data. Without the proper equipment, budgets, departments, etc....

School Dude

Pros

The ability to retrieve past information anytime I need it.

Cons

Nothing really. It's very easy to learn and user friendly. I can't think of anything I wold change.

Super efficient ticket tracking application

Pros

Simplicity of service entry for teachers and concise ticket view for technicians.

Cons

The need to refresh page to display new service tickets.