mHelpDesk Logo

Win more jobs and grow your business with mHelpDesk!

mHelpDesk Reviews - Page 3

AF

Angela F.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Frustrated With The Reporting

MHelpDesk is fine for a basic company but we are now needing more than what they have to offer. We have tried to explain that but they we have not updated anything that we need.

Pros

I liked the home page of the website for the admin. I also like how you can search for a customer with different info.

Cons

I hate the reporting on MHelpdesk. When you do a report on sales or anything else when you click on the number there is NO detailed list. Example: Sales for each tech for month of March Joe -$115,000 John-$200,000 and Jack-$125,000. You can ONLY see the total sales NOT a detailed list of what those total sales consist of. Plus any job ticket that has 2 different sales techs name on it the sales is split. For some industries that is ok but not if you have installers that install jobs and tech that sell.

Hi Angela, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We have passed this information to our Product team. In the meantime, please let our Customer Support team know if there is any way we can help.

SS

Shawn S.

Testimonial for GREAT service management software - Mhelpdesk

I have been in the computer technology business since 1986 and have used a ton of different software programs to run the business. I have wasted over $30,000 with the last two major software programs one was an ERP application that was just so buggy and just took too much time learning and keeping the software up and running I dumped it after using it for 1 year. The latest software program was recommended...

Pros

-Ease of use. -Customizable -Website service ticket integration -Integration to Quickbooks -Customer support is top notch! -They are very fast to update their software when customers make suggestions! -I learned about Mhelpdesk about a year ago and tried it out and was really impressed but was missing some things for my business as I have a ton of inventory that I stock. Over the past year I...

Cons

None *Other than waiting for the new features like POS (Point of Sale) with inventory management or interface to Quickbooks Online!

MH

Melissa H.

1-10 employees

Has a long way to go

I would feel better if the platform cost less. The amount of time we have wasted trying to figure out work arounds and dealing with issues the company has known but hasn't communicated about is frustrating. But as a small company, we can't afford a more expensive platform. It's better than nothing I suppose. It's slightly more convenient than a couple of excel spreadsheets.

Pros

It has helped organize my technicians and keep them on track. It allowed the office to put more responsibility and accountability in the technicians hand.

Cons

The mobile app can take a very long time to load. It will go offline if not in best service area but will not put itself back online so data isn't transmitted as expected until the issue is found. It lacks a lot in reporting. Inconsistencies in data formatting causes customers to be duplicated when imported from Quickbooks. Notes entered in lead forms do not carry into the customer profile causing rework. When there are known issues, there is no communication about them leaving the end user wasting time exhausting potential causes on their end before reaching out to customer service who takes about a half hour to respond to inquiries.

TB

Tim B.

Needs Better Reporting in addition to other things

I have searched for quite some time for a good work request/time recording system that will prove to be cost effective and save me time. Yours fits a few of the requirements that I have for such a system - key words being "a few"... I have attempted to discuss this with technical support previously. I learned very quickly that your organization would prefer I change the way I do my business and...

MP

MARK P.

Construction, 11-50 employees

THE BEST

We use MhelpDesk primarily to schedule leads, and then to write estimates in the field. We barely scratch the surface of what this software is capable of. But the biggest advantage to using mHelpDesk is the people. THEY HAVE THE MOST HELPFUL STAFF YOU ARE EVER GOING TO DEAL WITH... PERIOD!!!

Pros

Although we don't use a lot of what mHelp is capable of, we find the software very easy to use while writing estimates out in the field. This is a great program, with great people behind it.

Cons

No negatives... Seriously. It would be nice to be able to hide parent accounts in the price list to clean it up a bit, but this is a very minor issue. It does not detract from the usefulness of the program at all.

Mark - thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that the product is helping you with scheduling and writing estimates and thrilled to hear that you've had a chance to work with our great staff. Please let us know if we can help you get up-to-speed with any other features. Thank you for your business!

CO

Chad O.

Management Consulting,

Good shell, but buggy with little support

Pros

The product is a great concept, and when we first started, it was good. The form is very intuitive, easy to change, like the workflow system. The ability to assign things is great, and I really like the logs/notes. However, I would recommend splitting logs and notes with a log that tracks every change to the form and notes that are simply notes. I like how a message field pops up automatically whenever you change the status; that is great. I like the "Add New Agent" feature that populates everything for you, although only 1/2 of it works; the part that works does so very well with all the work orders that client has entered.

Cons

The issues are with the lack of support. We have at least a half dozen problems that we've notified them about that just don't get resolved. The typical response we hear is we can not recreate it, so we can't help, even though we deal with it daily. For example, we have had to create a basic form just so people on Macs can submit an order on a different form, and then we take that form and enter it...

Kd

Kathryn d.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Terrible

It tortured us for 2 years!

Pros

At this point NONE, it is overly complicated, inflexible and often doesn't even work as it should! They do not respond in a timely manner. 2 years ago before the company was bought out they were better, they at least tried to help although the program was still glitchy then too!

Cons

It is full of fatal glitches which render the program useless!!! The tech staff are polite but completely not knowledgable and so unhelpful. The phone app would not display our workers jobs, it has been 10 days and the issue remains unfixed!

Hi Kathryn, This feedback is very difficult to read, but we appreciate your taking the time to send it. Clearly we value you as a long time customer and would like the opportunity to see if we can resolve the issues you've experienced. We'll be reaching out today to see if there's anything that we can do. Thank you, and we sincerely apologize for the challenges you've had with our product.

BM

Becca M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Insightful Features & Stellar Customer Service

Again, their customer service, and the way they help us solve problems and customize things to fit our operational model is really invaluable.

Pros

We really like how user-friendly it is, the way things link together, and the auto-processes you can set up. We also like how we could start with the basic functions and slowly set-up and all of the features. This allowed us to switch from our old software quickly, and gave us the time and opportunity for a lot of troubleshooting and customization. We also really like all of the ways you can customize...

Cons

The Scheduling module/platform does not have as many options/customization as we need, especially as our number of field techs increases. The Quickbooks syncing can be tricky, a more comprehensive instruction manual for that process would be helpful.

Thanks Becca! We are glad to hear that you are finding value in the platform and the Customer Support team. Thank you for the feedback on the scheduling portion of the app -- we will pass that along to our Product and Engineering teams. Thank you for your business!

LC

Luis C.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

A good value for the money

If you are a small business provider that offers services and MSP type services, this is worth a look. This has worked out for us being a small security systems integrator that has a nationwide footprint.

Pros

A good value with some customization ability. The support team was top notch in assisting in getting us setup. It was the best solution to fit our needs out of having looked at over half a dozen name brand competitors, many of which didn't have the useful features mHelpDesk does. General support is also pretty good.

Cons

We were not able to import as many field from the CSV export from our old system as we would have liked. Some custom fields are apparently not searchable. If you have clients that have leases, they currently lack an effective way to track different leases and the equipment on those leases associated with the same customer. But they have been very receptive to this feedback and hopefully will have a solution soon. They advertise a time and attendance timeclock function but I do not see it as very usable yet.

NM

Nick M.

My first enterprise software - if I can call it that

I looked at a bunch of systems when I decided to move to an online, cloud-based system that would help us run our business more effectively. Spoke with a few of them. I wanted to work with a smaller business that would service us well, and that could grow with us as we grew. I have been very happy to have found MHelpdesk. We run a residential painting company, and have found it tremendously...

Pros

Easy to use. Can I just say that our office manager has a little trouble with technology, but she has taken right to this, and loves it. Access. I can access my info anywhere. This weekend I was in the mountain and hopped on my iPad and was able to pull down some needed information. Affordable. At first I didn't like the thought that I was going to pay for each one of our guys that we...

Cons

Hmmm...I am waiting for it to be comparable with QuickBooks online, but I know they are working on it. That's all I've got.

BW

Benjamin W.

Quick Response

The support team was very quick to answer & respond. Very knowledgeable.

Pros

How quickly their team responded and how when going to the screen to correct the problem I did not lose contact with the agent helping me and/or our conversation.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything yet to not like about this software. Like any program there's the "getting to know the program stage," and the experience is different for everyone. This is why the customer service department plays an important role. ; But once you get it, the things you can do with Your time that is freed up because of this software.

Benjamin, we're thrilled to hear that our Customer Support team was able to quickly answer your questions. We work hard to make sure we resolve customer questions and concerns quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the future, and thank you for being an mHelpDesk customer.

EH

Ellen H.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Ease of switching

A++. Their customer service team answers and solves issues within minutes ! They definitely know their software and ways to make it fit your needs.

Pros

This software was easy to set up, customization was a snap and it has saved so much time in the organization of each call performed and invoicing. It integrates with Quick Books immediately. No more delay in getting the information at your fingertips.

Cons

I wish there were more reports that could be run and easier to print if necessary

CG

Chris G.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Its great software

It was easy to set up and they will help you with set up. They were always willing to help if needed. They continually look to add features to improve the software. Just be aware this may increase the price you pay.

Pros

I liked the software and used it for years. They made several improvements and added features to it that I didn't personally use. It did what I needed and did it without issue

Cons

I chose to stop using it when they decided to double the price of the software. I felt they value was no longer there for me but it is good software if you have a service business and have appointments to track.

Chris, thank you for review. We're grateful for your business over the past few years and we're sorry to hear that the value is no longer there for you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future, and we hope we may have an opportunity to work together again down the line.

SS

Susan S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Happy Using Mhelpdesk

Only the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] can answer to "Business Problems" and any added benefits

Pros

The product is very easy to use The report section is terrific, especially when looking for errors and omissions done by other users. When mistakes are identified, corrections are applied, without any major headaches There is no need to stuff envelopes, all correspondences are done direct from the program and if there was an internet error, the program would state the item was not sent

Cons

Searching for Job numbers related to specific clients are not as easy as searching for invoices related to clients

MV

Mike V.

Computer Software,

Mhelpdesk Satisfaction Review

Pros

After ten years of running my computer business using QuickBooks, carbonless paper invoices, and custom PDF documents, I was able to eliminate handwriting everything with Mhelpdesk! Now I handle all my service tickets, scheduling, and invoicing online from my computer, a customer's computer, or tablet. My bookkeeper loves that I can upload all my transactions from Mhelpdesk to Quickbooks. Another plus...

Cons

The product is excellent; the only downside that I could find so far is that it's not free.

JS

Jamie S.

Excellent Platform

The demo and set up was great! They did the hard part with our onboarding.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic! There is not usually a wait time to get a person on the line to assist in any way.

Cons

There are report limitations. I have not been able to create a report that will include customer's email addresses.

KP

Kevin P.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Good Investment

Overall a positive experience. Our MHD contact did an incredible job meeting our needs during the set up and training phase. She was always quick to respond with an answer and also a short video to help explain actions steps needed to resolve a challenge. We took advantage of our support plan with CSR, and she delivered each time we reached out to her. I highly recommend her, she is extremely knowledgeable of the software and platform, and willing to assist as requested.

Pros

The software meets our dispatching needs as well as capturing all information needed to close out any pending work orders. It automates our service call life cycle process, in turn allows our team and operation to be more efficient and maintain quality as the volume of our calls and request increase. Once you become familiar with the software, it is fairly straightforward and east to utilize. I would recommend investing some time into adjusting the settings properly on the desktop version as well as app to be sure they align with your process goals. After several weeks of making adjustments, we feel it is tailored well to our needs.

Cons

The one feature we would like to see changed is choosing a job name to schedule a work order. Presently, you can only select the parent name of a site. In our field, not all parent names match site names, so it can be a challenge sometimes identifying the correct parent and site name. If you could add by site parent name or specific site location that would be beneficial.

Mark J.

Our experience has been extremely positive. No other company would go this far for a customer.

We are completely cloud-based, completely mobile, our response time has decreased and profits have increased. We have found a vendor/partner that listens. We truly have an integrated product from end-to-end. Service calls/requests for quotes come in, an excellent work product goes out, seamlessly.

Pros

The field app is very strong and that is a must. The admin provides a true workflow experience. The software is as flexible as it can be, provides true integration to QB, and has cut our entry time in half. Our profits are up and communication is vastly improved. The cloud feature fits our Disaster Response plan. Their customer service is the best I have seen and we have tried many.

Cons

Very little to dislike. They are always improving. I would like to see an inventory module, and Ajax searches would be a real improvement. But overall, they are the "best-in-class".

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on mHelpDesk Mark! We are so happy to work with you and VIALARM.

KW

Ken W.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

mHelp can be helpful to your projects

mHelp was a nice upgrade from sending hand written notes (or photos or notes) to determine what staff accomplished at our client's facilities on a daily basis.

Pros

mHelp allowed our techs to communicate with Office Staff regarding the status of the project they are working on. If a change order is necessary, they can input the necessary parts to ensure billing for those items.

Cons

mHelp time keeping was not compatible with our needs and did not sinq well with our accounting software

Lee M.

MHelpdesk Keeps us organized and gets us paid

this application has increased our profitability and the monthly fee is minor in relation to what we save on time filing out paper work and manually processing estimates with excel, work order via paper and billing through an admin staff member. we don't lose work orders, no billing gets missed, no techs forget about the jobs of the day. by far and away the best choice our business has made. I highly recommend the product and endorse it as a must have for any service dispatch company.

Pros

-Android app allows field techs to update, create, edit orders on the site. -work orders/invoices/estimates with signature capture allow us to quote, close and invoice on the spot. -google calendar integration gives us a quick visual, auto updates and is easily accessed - a nice add on feature that we use -QuickBooks imports allow us to quickly import all invoices with a click of a button. cutting way down on administration costs. -ability to track time for techs on projects and materials used keeps our jobs profitable. -tech support either online or via telephone is fast response, accurate and helpful. -constantly improving product and features. routine updates keep program operating smoothly and each update typically increases effeciency

Cons

-have had a few server access issues that where caused by external companies or service providers. These have made the system unavailable for a period of time during the work day. -tech support advised of available work around and updated on status of repairs taking place. -downtime was minor impact and communication during was great. -would be nice add on or option to have app/program operate as standalone on at least one onsite PC in the office during these times.

GL

Greg L.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great Service with a Lot of Potential!

Having previously used similar services like Jobber, I had many expectation going into using MHelpdesk. While we had a few hiccups during our initial setup while working with support, we did get everything squared away and setup properly. Overall MHelpDesk is setup very similar to similar services. It did not take to long to get used to the interface. All support representatives have been incredibly...

Pros

1. Easy to use user interface 2. Friendly support 3. Very easy to add recurring jobs 4. Text notification are terrific 5. Notes universally kept in client profile 6. Schedule Calendar Screen works great with scheduling and rescheduling

Cons

1. It would be nice to have a proper punch clock for our employees rather then the start and stop watch that is built into the application. 2. The mobile app does not always work, sometimes it freezes or refuses to load. 3. Reporting is not as easy as similar services 4. When using int he browser it seems to time out often 5. Address input does not always grab the proper address when importing a client. It will try to search and auto fill the address which sometimes inputs a incorrect location.

GF

Geoff F.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Center of my business records

Pros

Keeps records of work performed, where and their associated invoices all in one place. Easy to search to review work done at a site and prices charged for specific items. For instance, say I'm called to customer A for RTU1. I can quickly check records on what's been done with that unit and stay one step ahead so I'm not repeating work. Work notes can be easily added to the job, more detailed part numbers, prices, etc. can be attached with private notes.

Cons

Screens often load slowly in the browser or get hung up. Sometimes it costs a few extra minutes when you could use them. The templates are difficult to get right, preview is not representative of the actual document it'll create.

AW

Anton W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Not ready for the real world, to little features too much money

After this unsuccessful start with Mhelpdesk we had better starting point to select a follow up application

Pros

The initial support was good, it looked promising we had a check list with required features they said it would all do , until we started using it

Cons

web interface is slow and crashes frequently, navigation not very intuitive , too many clicks for everything. bugs in security settings, bugs in mobile app, not many usable features and reports. the job list started crashing one we had about 200 jobs loaded we canceled our subscription after 3 months i really don't understand how they got all the good reviews?

Vincent here, CEO of mHelpDesk. I want to personally thank you considering us. Please know I take feedback seriously. I looked through your history and could not find anything related to slowness/crashes. If you ever come across it please bring it to my attention so I can look into it. I did find a support case where your list needed a setting to display correctly. I'm glad that Kaye was able to...

MN

Michael N.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Horrible system for what you pay for.

Our company has been using this software coming up on 9 months now. We have invested countless hours in labour to enter all of our inventory and cost it accordingly, only to have it not transfer properly to our accounting software. We pay more for this system than that web based accounting software, which we were told this field software would eliminate down time and work order errors. But its quite...

Pros

NOT ONE!

Cons

TOO MANY TO LIST

Michael M.

Mhelpdesk makes my customers happy at a price that makes me happy!

My business partner and I have been using Mhelpdesk in our telecommunications business for about three years now. We had searched for a long time for a product that was easy to manage, affordable, and that enhanced our customer relationships. We tried the "server based" solutions, spending thousands of dollars for a complicated product, which also required us to budget for "maintenance fees" so...