All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

mHelpDesk

Win more jobs and grow your business with mHelpDesk!

mHelpDesk Reviews

Worst CRM Of All Time

My experience with MHD has been a headache since day one. Many of the features promised do not work. They try to "trouble shoot" each issue when they arise, but can honestly say they have never actually fixed anything we've had an issue with in the last 10 months we've been using the product. I have not used anything slower since dial up internet. No one at the company can give us a straight answer as to when fixed will be implemented and everyone gives the run around to save themselves. My company speaks with them at least 3 days/wk.

Pros

MHelpDesk has made invoicing easier than what my company used in the past. It also allows all client information to be in one place.

Cons

This is the worst CRM. They have false advertising on their website claiming to be the "fastest, easiest, most powerful field service software." This could not be farther from the truth. Not only is this the SLOWEST software I have ever come into contact with, they also have the worst customer support. No one who works there knows in the ins and outs of the program and they never can give consistent...

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're very sorry to hear of the challenges you had using mHelpDesk, and we'll be taking this feedback directly to our product and customer support team so we can work on doing better in the future. This isn't the experience we want our customers to have with our product. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.

Update to previous review after 3 years

Another really pet peeve that I did not have enough space for under Cons: It's ridiculous right from the beginning and for years now, you can't hide or remove former users you deleted from the Staff List. Anyone you add will be there forever, cluttering up your view of the Staff list. It's things like this, while initially we were very much advocates for mHelpDesk and thought it had a lot of potential,...

Pros

We initially liked this platform because for what we needed it was one of the best values out there at the time. Granted, anything was better than what we had, which came down to mostly notes in a ticket system in our previous CRM.

Cons

Many things have become cons over the years, mostly because we have seen very little improvement from our point of view. It's like development has been minimal at the most. For example, it has some glaringly missing auditing capabilities. A person can assign an Item in a Work Order/Jobs under another person's name, and there is no record of who did it for accountability. The "Items" area is where...

Luis, thanks for the review. We're continuing to make investments in the user experience so be on the lookout for new functionality this year and into the future. We're glad to hear that our Customer Support team has been helpful and that mHelpDesk has been useful for your business. Thanks for being a customer!

What a Nightmare

They frequently push super buggy updates. For example, the most recent update made the decision to update all of our customer automatically about the status of their tickets via text without our or their consent. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we reach out to customer service about things they've broken, it takes the better part of 2-3 hours talking to a service agent before they SOMETIMES acknowledge the problem....

Pros

When we started using mHelpdesk about 4 years ago, it was everything we could possibly want. It's only gone downhill since then.

Cons

mHelpdesk forces universal changes on a user without requiring their permission. The longer we've been with the service the more difficult it has become to use. They've taken useful tools away in favor of new "features". We've lost the ability to sort different categories and there's no way to switch it back. Customer service is a nightmare. Fixes for major issues can sometimes take upwards of six months.

Elizabeth - thank you for sharing your concerns. We are sorry to hear that mHelpDesk did not meet your expectations. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

mHelpDesk is smart, modern, and adaptable to any sort of service business.

Customer support has been responsive, intelligent, and very helpful. It took a little imagination to see how we could use mHelpDesk, but that process has helped us think more clearly. Because this software was designed to be general - but customizable - from the ground up, I have greater confidence that it is solid. Poor software design leads to poor performance. If you're migrating to a new utility on which your business will be based for the long term, it's important to choose a program that's robust and will not disappoint you down the road.

Pros

Other workflow management programs enforce a pre-defined workflow. The 3 areas of our business each have a different workflow. mHelpDesk lets us handle all 3 the way we choose, with all customers in one database! You can build and name your own reports, rather than having to choose from a long list of those provided and guess which ones you need. Job Types and Statuses are customizable. Custom filters and screen layouts can be saved. Uncluttered, attractive user-interface and friendly ease of use. Teams are distinguished from users (logins); this feature lets us assign jobs in a general way and gives yet another way to view them. We can export Jobs data to spreadsheets for use in other applications (like Google Maps).

Cons

It's currently unable to import Jobs history. Reports do not provide totals. Can't mark part of a Job complete.

mHelpDesk has become an asset to our business!

We are a HVAC service company. Until mHelpDesk we were using paper invoices with our techs. We now have the entire company history at our fingertips. mHelpDesk has helped us become much more organized and has simplified our techs responsibilities as well as our office staff.

Pros

This software is easy to use and to navigate through. I love the ease of looking up all our jobs and customers information. The staff at mHelpDesk are so patient and personable and so helpful, they put customer service at the top of the priority list and that is very important to us. This summer will be two years since we signed on with mHelpDesk and we have no complaints, only compliments!

Cons

I can't say I can really think of anything.

Thanks Michele! We're happy to hear that the switch to mHelpDesk has been an easy and productive one. Thank you for being a customer!

This reviewer only left a rating

I run a small company dealing with computer repairs and services in Nottingham, England dealing with residential clients and small businesses. The majority of my work is carried out on the clients premises, with a smaller amount being in my workshop or via remote support. I've tried lots of different CRM, invoicing, and general pieces of organizational software to try and keep my business running...

KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF!

Today, mHelpDesk Support offered me a work-around inside estimate/invoicing PDFs to help display important info to my customers. In addition, they added a field to my invoice (which I couldn't have figured out myself) within a few minutes. I could go on...

Pros

The mHelpDesk Customer Support Team is terrific. I have had to reach out a few times in the past 3+ years I've been using the platform, to learn how to make the system work better (on my end) for my company. EVERY SINGLE CALL was answered in a friendly and knowledgeable manner.

Cons

I needed some coaching on how to relocate line items. With a helpful pointer, I was able to do it easily.

Magic Turn Key

this software has made my life a ton easier. I used to work on an access database and i would constantly have to worry about fixing things all the time. The database would go down. I would get errors. I did not have the extra man hours to be worrying about this. its important to me not to have to worry about these kinds of things. They should just work and mhelpdesk has done that for me and saved me...

Pros

This software has many pros... * easily integrates *easy to pull from your database *rarely ever down *totally customizable to fit your needs wether it is a mechanic or Computer company such as myself. *customer service is out of this world, the company listens to its customers for improvments all the way and they are extremely receptive to all suggestions. *every feature is great and molds to your business how you would like *Also because it is browser based my employees in the field can complete work order right at the jobsite instead of filling out papers and putting them in the database later..saves a ton of paperwork money as I like to call it .

Cons

*you pay per user so for a small business its a lot to have just 4 poeple using it.....

Need to seep up system

The auto fill with New Zealand map when logging customers details and working with our Xero accounting package

Pros

Good system but need to work with out accounting package. Xero. The mobile app is very good, can we do gps check where techs are?

Cons

There are few things the system needs to do. 1. System needs to be fast, is has been slow and down lately 2. Our address map on the system not working for nz 3. The texting option to opt out should be if they reply no text update rather then the option 4 should auto search from data base the end users details and it should not be tied with billing Customer. 5

Application you wish to know before

This application is covering my entire daily workflow. I really don't need anything else and my customers are amazed as well. Lightning fast, friendly and professional. I have a small repair shop and my visitors and customers are blown away when I give them my tablet with the app to put their information in the system by themselves. Small effort and enormous result.

Pros

Simple, intuitive, spot on on funcionality, customizable

Cons

I honestly can't point anything out - it's just amazing... something some little things becoming a bit annoying but before you can react to Customer support or ask on a forum - there ya go - new update and problem solved

Could be great if they tried

As a user, I can be their best critic, tester and advocate of their product, but the impression I get is that mhelpdesk do not particularly care, as long as they are getting their money. I have a raft of bugs and issues that I've been dealing with since November, which still are not fully resolved - I won't bore everyone with the details, but; one of the big ones is to do with timezones. If you...

Cons

Hey Stuart- First off I want to say that we genuinely appreciate your feedback. The only way we're going to get better is to hear your problems, internalize the issues, and get to work on making things better. We absolutely care about the product. Without an awesome product we would not be in business. We are investing millions of dollars into product, UI, UX, and development to make Mhelpdesk...

mHelpDesk changed my life

The benefits of mHelpDesk far outweigh any issues we've had with it. I would highly recommend it. You can pretty much do everything from start to finish with this program. I haven't used it long enough to utilize the invoice part, as I'm still using quickbooks, but for the most part, our company is really pleased with this program. And if we had to do it all over again, we would definitely pick mHelpDesk over all the others out there. And CSR, my account rep, has been phenomenal in answering questions and getting back to me quickly when I reach out.

Pros

The mapping tool is definitely my favorite part of this whole program. I can look at scheduled jobs and find unscheduled jobs nearby, which makes scheduling and keeping our guys within a certain distance very easy.

Cons

The estimate section of this program is my least favorite. It could be because I'm used to working with Quickbooks and I can send more than one estimate and I can see the body of the email before sending and edit it accordingly. With this program, I have to create a whole new job to send a new estimate, which is time consuming. So I don't always use the estimate feature, especially if I have more than one estimate option.

Thank you so much for this feedback Angelique! I'll share the recommendations on our estimate feature with the product team. We appreciate your business!

Highly recommend this product. We used to use WINTAC and made the switch and couldn't be happier!

Pros

Mobile friendly and ease of use. Customer service is great too! Another Pro is that as we type in the address, it is linked with Google and it will give you the full address with correct spelling, with city and zip. It cuts our time down in entering addresses; along with ensuring the address is correct for our technicians. No more misspelled addresses!

Cons

Some times the click down feature gets stuck when operating from my iPhone and it won't allow me to select things. So I have to click save and do it again and then it works. I think it is a bug with the new iPhone; hoping they will fix it soon.

Thank you so much for your review, Karen! We're so glad that the mobile app has been helpful for your business.

Looks good, doesn't work- waste of time and money

I spent a year shopping for a program, speaking with sales and doing demos. This won out on every aspect. Unfortunately nothing was as it seemed. We spent a lot of time implementing in training, only to find out months later when we started using it regularly that it actually doesn't work. It's like a bad relationship that you can't break up with because you feel you invested too much time into it. However, like a bad relationship you can't let it ruin your life. I lost thousands of dollars, hours of unbillable labor, most recently a client and a very big job because we appear inept (from relying on MHelp). I'm breaking up and moving on. Probably filing reports with the AG and BBB.

Pros

There would be many pros if everything in this app actually worked. It looks good, but clearly it's just packaging. It's glitchy and you won't find out until after spending hours and hours of labor getting it set up

Cons

Client info is frequently deleted so I have to contact clients to get info they've already provided , tax areas changed and deleted so my invoices and estimates will suddenly be wrong and I have to contact clients to let them know their bill/ estimate is incorrect. Text notification of new jobs are blank so they are pointless. Employees cannot connect- with or without internet. "Offline" mode does not work as we can't see any stored info (it doesn't cache). Everything I was told this product does sounded great during the sales pitch, but in actuality none of it actually works . A year and thousands of dollars later, a program that was supposed to make my life easier is running my business into the ground .

Customer Service

I have been very pleased with the customer service we have received with mHelpDesk. The people seem to be the biggest asset the company has because we have been able to contact them constantly and they are very polite and resolve out issues whether it be over the phone or over chat.

Pros

The customer service is top notch. Everyone is very kind and respectful and more importantly are very good at providing feedback. The app is great. We had a few issues with the information transferring into quick books the way we prefer but overall is doing everything we needed it to.

Cons

I really wish the phone numbers were able to move to google calendar. That is the biggest pitfall of this software. Also the customer information doesn't translate super well with quickbooks.

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback Kevin! We really appreciate it, and are happy to get able to support R&S.

Best program for small business

Pros

The best feature I like is that you can customize your form to your needs. Other programs that our company has used say that they are customizable, but you can only add a logo and change the labels on the text fields and/or remove certain fields. I also like the web portal feature for the customers. It makes it really efficient on our staff not having to send out invoices or estimates, or having to send emails for signatures for estimates; it can all be done via the web portal.

Cons

The only thing I least like about the software is that the our company takes photos of the jobs we do, and it does not allow to send with the invoice automatically. We need to send a separate email with photos of the job, and that creates another task for the staff to do. It really is not much of work to do, but when a company tries to be more efficient, it does add hours of work at end of year which could be cut down.

A Little Pricey For What You Get

All in all, a good bit of software, and it probably ends up being worth the (relatively steep) price.

Pros

Ease of use is great. I like that I can start to build an estimate on my phone, finish it on my computer, and have it emailed directly to my client. Can't beat that for the world.

Cons

Considering some of the shortage of features, I think the charge is over-priced for what you get. I am still in my free trial month, and I'm debating with myself about whether I want to spring for the cost per month for this. I'll probably keep it, but it's iffy. Regarding the shortage of features, for this price, I should be able to do just about anything I want with invoices, but they are relatively...

The best of them all, trust me, I would know!

Since we started our small service company two years ago, we quickly realized how the leg work of the service industry can be a full time job in It's self. We tried five separate services to help manage our work, appointments, invoices, and estimates and of all five, only ONE could deliver what we needed. With entirely customizable layouts, templates, and features, Mhekpdesk has fully allowed...

Great Software For IT Communication

Pros

It was extremely easy for our employees to use when they had issues that were IT related. Made it extremely easy to track all the open tickets of issues across the state.

Cons

We didn't have any dislikes about the software. We chose to move to an internal system of our version of helpdesk once we reached a certain size.

Gari, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear mHelpDesk was a good fit for your business. Thanks for being a customer.

Customer Support is quick and helpful

Pros

Mhelpdesk is a great tool for team management. Custom templates for job tracking/invoices and custom statuses allow you to tailor and streamline your documentation for your team.

Cons

Unfortunately the scheduling and estimating Features are very ineffective, the lack of customization kills the value that this software could really add to our business, in the 2+ years we have used this product no significant advances have taken place to make these features better.

Great program, a handful of glitches every now and then.

So much better than what our business was using before. So many more options to grow into.

Pros

- Organization - Less physical paperwork. - Payment options - Direct email/text to clients

Cons

- The search function isn't the best. - I cannot go ahead and create an invoice in advance that is in a sequence like I can a job. - I have had a hard time getting our invoice/work order templates set up the way we want. - Glitches have happened a couple times that has made a lot of work in restructuring recurring jobs.

We really appreciate your sharing this Abbey! We're glad that we've been able to help Inside-Out save time, and will share your product feedback with our team. Thank you!

Very Easy To Use

mHelpDesk is one of the best software companies out there. It is so simple to use and understand. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The software is easy to use. The customer service is outsanding always answers our questions or addresses our needs. The software is simple and efficient to use and it is very easily understood.

Cons

Software updates sometimes take away things that we use daily, but there is always a way around this to make the day easier.

A Blessing For Our IT Department

Pros

After our company grew to the size it is now we very quickly outgrew our IT department. This software has been very instrumental in the communications between our employees and IT. Any requests must go through Help Desk to help organize and manage the massive amount of issues they deal with daily.

Cons

We haven't had any issues with this software. It has worked the way it's supposed to from day one and we're happy.

Poor Support - Poor Reporting

Customer services is lacking. Reports are basically non-existent. Requests to incorporate a feature to help the software grow into a more robust platform are not incorporated, in essence ignored. Opening a case for support took over 3 weeks! Software freezes and there are down-times that impact the daily operation and dispatching of technicians.

Pros

Clean design, simple setup. This was our first step in taking the business from paper to a software with mobile capabilities.

Cons

There are VERY limited reports, unable to scale a business with this software. It was a step between paper and a more robust software. Not able to count the how many reoccurring clients or the value for a specific business line item.

Excellent professional program

Pros

Completely streamlines and organizes our business. The best program we have used in 20 years. I would definitely recommend this to any type of business that offers a service to their customer.

Cons

Customer service Representatives do not make alterations to the program to allow the program to work more efficiently for our business.

Thank you so much for this review, Joe. We're so fortunate to have the opportunity to work with you and your team.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.