mHelpDesk Logo

Win more jobs and grow your business with mHelpDesk!

mHelpDesk Reviews - Page 4

PK

Paul K.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Wrote a better review one year ago

In 2017 I wrote a review stating this was the best software I have ever used for this purpose, and I have used three others. This is no longer the case. I would not recommend this program to a small contracting business such as ours, and that is a damn shame. What a waste.

Pros

I like Being able to track an estimate, to a job, to an invoice. It Interfaces OK with quickbooks.

Cons

Over the past year many changes have been made to this program that, for our business, have made the program worse. The added features which make it harder to operate also make it more sluggish. It times out a lot and I find myself doing the same tasks two or three times. I have provided this feedback as well as more detailed feedback on each of the changes they've made, and I never hear back. No one cares. So those two main things: Making it worse, and not caring about the feedback that it's worse. Customer service was SO IMPRESSIVE a year ago, I would be blown away by the incredible service I received on the phone or through web chat. That has also degraded in a BIG way. I would say that the last few major IT issues remain unresolved.

GS

GInny S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

mHelpDesk is smart, modern, and adaptable to any sort of service business.

Customer support has been responsive, intelligent, and very helpful. It took a little imagination to see how we could use mHelpDesk, but that process has helped us think more clearly. Because this software was designed to be general - but customizable - from the ground up, I have greater confidence that it is solid. Poor software design leads to poor performance. If you're migrating to a new utility on which your business will be based for the long term, it's important to choose a program that's robust and will not disappoint you down the road.

Pros

Other workflow management programs enforce a pre-defined workflow. The 3 areas of our business each have a different workflow. mHelpDesk lets us handle all 3 the way we choose, with all customers in one database! You can build and name your own reports, rather than having to choose from a long list of those provided and guess which ones you need. Job Types and Statuses are customizable. Custom filters and screen layouts can be saved. Uncluttered, attractive user-interface and friendly ease of use. Teams are distinguished from users (logins); this feature lets us assign jobs in a general way and gives yet another way to view them. We can export Jobs data to spreadsheets for use in other applications (like Google Maps).

Cons

It's currently unable to import Jobs history. Reports do not provide totals. Can't mark part of a Job complete.

SC

Skyler C.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

I use mHelp daily and love it!

I am able to organize work orders/estimates by service location, schedule, bill and take payment all from one platform. That's just touching the basics! mHelp is a beautiful rabbit hole to fall down.

Pros

I love how user friendly mHelp is. I love being able to have so many features in one platform. Whether it be scheduling, billing or top tier organization, mHelp can do it!

Cons

There isn't really anything I dislike about mHelp.

DF

Dave F.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Good Software, Poor customer service

We are actively looking for a new product to use because no one will help us have the software integrate with our payroll company and accounting software. We are the type of organization that overcomes challenges and problems. We need to find a software company that will work with us to find solutions, not just provide roadblocks. But the software is useful.

Pros

It is easy to use both for my Field staff & Office staff. Has nice note taking features. Generally works most of the time.

Cons

Does not speak well to account software. It can invoice, but does not provide the ability to pull reports like accounting software. Customer service staff VERY difficult to work with. They will not pick up a phone and talk to you, and when they speak to you they sound condescending. I am the customer, what happened to the customer is always right, and we will work for you to keep your business.

LR

Laura R.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

MHelp Desk is Pretty Good

Our business services print finishing equipment so I would say this is a pretty good application to use.

Pros

User friendly, easy to use. And also has a timekeeper with GPS included for service technicians which is a plus.

Cons

Inventory items added to customer invoices do not pull out of QBO inventory until the final sync when invoicing the customer. This can lead to incorrect inventory numbers until synced.

MH

Michele H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

mHelpDesk has become an asset to our business!

We are a HVAC service company. Until mHelpDesk we were using paper invoices with our techs. We now have the entire company history at our fingertips. mHelpDesk has helped us become much more organized and has simplified our techs responsibilities as well as our office staff.

Pros

This software is easy to use and to navigate through. I love the ease of looking up all our jobs and customers information. The staff at mHelpDesk are so patient and personable and so helpful, they put customer service at the top of the priority list and that is very important to us. This summer will be two years since we signed on with mHelpDesk and we have no complaints, only compliments!

Cons

I can't say I can really think of anything.

Thanks Michele! We're happy to hear that the switch to mHelpDesk has been an easy and productive one. Thank you for being a customer!

MC

Mark C.

This reviewer only left a rating

I run a small company dealing with computer repairs and services in Nottingham, England dealing with residential clients and small businesses. The majority of my work is carried out on the clients premises, with a smaller amount being in my workshop or via remote support. I've tried lots of different CRM, invoicing, and general pieces of organizational software to try and keep my business running...

RF

Roger F.

mHelpdesk seems very immature

We have a cabling company and found mHelpdesk to be buggy and although easy to use and configure, not near enough configuration to get it to a satisfactory stage for us to use. When the customer service side was confronted with 2 issues they could not resolve, the just stopped communicating and trying. Think twice before using. You will trade "easy" for "really cannot be used in a business environment."

Pros

Easy to set up and start to "try" to use.

Cons

Far to simplistic for a business that handles a variety of service customers from wholesale to retail. Also, the customer service side seems less than competent. When the going got tough, they quit.

HI Roger - Vincent here - CEO of mHelpDesk. First, I want to apologize and let you know that this review is not only painful to read, but I'm also embarrassed. I'm personally diving in to see what we could have done better to serve you. I'd like to connect at your earliest convenience. You are right that mHelpDesk can seem too easy to use. Especially for more advanced users like yourself. This...

SS

STACY S.

KNOWLEDGEABLE STAFF!

Today, mHelpDesk Support offered me a work-around inside estimate/invoicing PDFs to help display important info to my customers. In addition, they added a field to my invoice (which I couldn't have figured out myself) within a few minutes. I could go on...

Pros

The mHelpDesk Customer Support Team is terrific. I have had to reach out a few times in the past 3+ years I've been using the platform, to learn how to make the system work better (on my end) for my company. EVERY SINGLE CALL was answered in a friendly and knowledgeable manner.

Cons

I needed some coaching on how to relocate line items. With a helpful pointer, I was able to do it easily.

MB

Mark B.

Magic Turn Key

this software has made my life a ton easier. I used to work on an access database and i would constantly have to worry about fixing things all the time. The database would go down. I would get errors. I did not have the extra man hours to be worrying about this. its important to me not to have to worry about these kinds of things. They should just work and mhelpdesk has done that for me and saved me...

Pros

This software has many pros... * easily integrates *easy to pull from your database *rarely ever down *totally customizable to fit your needs wether it is a mechanic or Computer company such as myself. *customer service is out of this world, the company listens to its customers for improvments all the way and they are extremely receptive to all suggestions. *every feature is great and molds to your business how you would like *Also because it is browser based my employees in the field can complete work order right at the jobsite instead of filling out papers and putting them in the database later..saves a ton of paperwork money as I like to call it .

Cons

*you pay per user so for a small business its a lot to have just 4 poeple using it.....

AC

Arvin C.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

Need to seep up system

The auto fill with New Zealand map when logging customers details and working with our Xero accounting package

Pros

Good system but need to work with out accounting package. Xero. The mobile app is very good, can we do gps check where techs are?

Cons

There are few things the system needs to do. 1. System needs to be fast, is has been slow and down lately 2. Our address map on the system not working for nz 3. The texting option to opt out should be if they reply no text update rather then the option 4 should auto search from data base the end users details and it should not be tied with billing Customer. 5

BB

Bojan B.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Application you wish to know before

This application is covering my entire daily workflow. I really don't need anything else and my customers are amazed as well. Lightning fast, friendly and professional. I have a small repair shop and my visitors and customers are blown away when I give them my tablet with the app to put their information in the system by themselves. Small effort and enormous result.

Pros

Simple, intuitive, spot on on funcionality, customizable

Cons

I honestly can't point anything out - it's just amazing... something some little things becoming a bit annoying but before you can react to Customer support or ask on a forum - there ya go - new update and problem solved

Michele H.

mHelp has been a welcome addition to our office. We are finding it to be valuable to our business.

We got rid of paper invoices, which has allowed us to streamline our billing and has saved our office countless hours. We are able to view our business at a glance on our computers and even on our phones when we are away from the office. We are just starting to see the benefits of using the scheduling board. The customization features are awesome!

Pros

We started off trying to master the Job, including invoicing but we are now branching off to use the scheduling board and many other aspects of the software. We find it to be user friendly. One of our very favorite features is the customizing capabilities. We are still learning but we are super happy over all with the software.

Cons

Truthfully we are happy with most everything. There are a couple of things we cannot do but we have worked around these issues.

Thank you so much for this feedback Michele--we're so happy to have the opportunity to support Hammons. We're glad the customization features have been helpful to your business!

Angelique W.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

mHelpDesk changed my life

The benefits of mHelpDesk far outweigh any issues we've had with it. I would highly recommend it. You can pretty much do everything from start to finish with this program. I haven't used it long enough to utilize the invoice part, as I'm still using quickbooks, but for the most part, our company is really pleased with this program. And if we had to do it all over again, we would definitely pick mHelpDesk over all the others out there. And CSR, my account rep, has been phenomenal in answering questions and getting back to me quickly when I reach out.

Pros

The mapping tool is definitely my favorite part of this whole program. I can look at scheduled jobs and find unscheduled jobs nearby, which makes scheduling and keeping our guys within a certain distance very easy.

Cons

The estimate section of this program is my least favorite. It could be because I'm used to working with Quickbooks and I can send more than one estimate and I can see the body of the email before sending and edit it accordingly. With this program, I have to create a whole new job to send a new estimate, which is time consuming. So I don't always use the estimate feature, especially if I have more than one estimate option.

Thank you so much for this feedback Angelique! I'll share the recommendations on our estimate feature with the product team. We appreciate your business!

KM

Karen M.

Highly recommend this product. We used to use WINTAC and made the switch and couldn't be happier!

Pros

Mobile friendly and ease of use. Customer service is great too! Another Pro is that as we type in the address, it is linked with Google and it will give you the full address with correct spelling, with city and zip. It cuts our time down in entering addresses; along with ensuring the address is correct for our technicians. No more misspelled addresses!

Cons

Some times the click down feature gets stuck when operating from my iPhone and it won't allow me to select things. So I have to click save and do it again and then it works. I think it is a bug with the new iPhone; hoping they will fix it soon.

Thank you so much for your review, Karen! We're so glad that the mobile app has been helpful for your business.

KR

Kevin R.

Customer Service

I have been very pleased with the customer service we have received with mHelpDesk. The people seem to be the biggest asset the company has because we have been able to contact them constantly and they are very polite and resolve out issues whether it be over the phone or over chat.

Pros

The customer service is top notch. Everyone is very kind and respectful and more importantly are very good at providing feedback. The app is great. We had a few issues with the information transferring into quick books the way we prefer but overall is doing everything we needed it to.

Cons

I really wish the phone numbers were able to move to google calendar. That is the biggest pitfall of this software. Also the customer information doesn't translate super well with quickbooks.

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback Kevin! We really appreciate it, and are happy to get able to support R&S.

DG

David G.

A Little Pricey For What You Get

All in all, a good bit of software, and it probably ends up being worth the (relatively steep) price.

Pros

Ease of use is great. I like that I can start to build an estimate on my phone, finish it on my computer, and have it emailed directly to my client. Can't beat that for the world.

Cons

Considering some of the shortage of features, I think the charge is over-priced for what you get. I am still in my free trial month, and I'm debating with myself about whether I want to spring for the cost per month for this. I'll probably keep it, but it's iffy. Regarding the shortage of features, for this price, I should be able to do just about anything I want with invoices, but they are relatively...

TW

Torey W.

The best of them all, trust me, I would know!

Since we started our small service company two years ago, we quickly realized how the leg work of the service industry can be a full time job in It's self. We tried five separate services to help manage our work, appointments, invoices, and estimates and of all five, only ONE could deliver what we needed. With entirely customizable layouts, templates, and features, Mhekpdesk has fully allowed...

IW

Ian W.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Things over looked by the sales department.

Pros

Building jobs and estimates. Sales department is good.

Cons

Scheduling jobs with calendar view. Not being able to adjust an estimate without Quick Books errors. Very little support on this issue. inventory does not sync well with Quick Books. Customer portal has lame search features for my customers.

SH

Scott H.

Customer Support is quick and helpful

Pros

Mhelpdesk is a great tool for team management. Custom templates for job tracking/invoices and custom statuses allow you to tailor and streamline your documentation for your team.

Cons

Unfortunately the scheduling and estimating Features are very ineffective, the lack of customization kills the value that this software could really add to our business, in the 2+ years we have used this product no significant advances have taken place to make these features better.

NL

Nanette L.

Program needs development

I was really hoping that this was the answer to our company needs for a field service program and invested considerable time, energy and money to make it a success. In the end, the product had major issues that rendered it inoperable for my company (scrambling customer addresses as it transfered to Quickbooks). Ashley and others were extremely nice and patient in our learning process of the product. The entire company has a great attitude. However, I felt that trainers lacked a depth of working knowledge of the program and the ability to guide us when we had to come up with alternatives to make the product fit our company needs. I had multiple instances of being told it would not do a certain thing, only to find out later that it would.

Cons

Hey Nannett -thanks for the feedback. First I want to apologize for the experience. Please know that this is not the norm and we are always striving to do better. I¿d like to address your concerns head-on. Our QuickBooks integration was just upgraded to improve the way addresses are handled. The past problem was that every business has their own unique way. Some start with the street name and some...

AT

Abbey T.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Great program, a handful of glitches every now and then.

So much better than what our business was using before. So many more options to grow into.

Pros

- Organization - Less physical paperwork. - Payment options - Direct email/text to clients

Cons

- The search function isn't the best. - I cannot go ahead and create an invoice in advance that is in a sequence like I can a job. - I have had a hard time getting our invoice/work order templates set up the way we want. - Glitches have happened a couple times that has made a lot of work in restructuring recurring jobs.

We really appreciate your sharing this Abbey! We're glad that we've been able to help Inside-Out save time, and will share your product feedback with our team. Thank you!

DS

David S.

False Representation

Terrible. They charged me twice for my subscription. Customer service is a call center / not the actual company that can help you. System is EXTREMELY LIMITED in what it can actually do This is not even a good system for a very small independent contractor lawn care or plumbing.

Pros

Very Little Easy to subscribe Easy to pay the subscription fee

Cons

No Schedule Management Capability No Accounts Receivable Capability Report Generator only shows Pie and Bar Charts Not Report Data No client summary page for overall client business relationship

David - we're very sorry to hear that mHelpDesk did not meet your expectations. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

DF

Douglas F.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Worst experience with customer service ever!!!!

Can anyone call me back or help one of your long time customers?

Pros

I am a pro with M Helpdesk and I was liking it until I have a transaction that I need help with. No one will call me back or answer the phone. Ridiculously bad customer service. They give you the run around with there stupid British answering machine. I now realize they don't want to help us.

Cons

The customer service. The app. is not very good either. It only works about half the time and it won't always attach the estimate or invoice. If you need help good luck getting a hold of help desk. Why do they call it that if they don't help there customers.

DC

Debbie C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Very Easy To Use

mHelpDesk is one of the best software companies out there. It is so simple to use and understand. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The software is easy to use. The customer service is outsanding always answers our questions or addresses our needs. The software is simple and efficient to use and it is very easily understood.

Cons

Software updates sometimes take away things that we use daily, but there is always a way around this to make the day easier.