Dynamics 365 Business Central

Enterprise resource planning for SMBs, formerly Dynamics NAV

Dynamics 365 Business Central Reviews

Pros

We can provide better customer service because everybody finds their needed information faster and more secure. That is a big advantage for all.

RC

Renate C.

Ashley R.

The thing i like is that the interface is easy to use. The setup requirements are better than the normal setup ideals.

HH

Hunter H.

Cons

Otherwise implementation will fail and management will blame systems in front of business owners.

AA

Ayass A.

Nothing that I can think of as far as dislikes. Microsoft tends to put out easy-to-use products that require very little to no training to use.

KK

Kelly K.

It could take a while to learn how to use it. There are so many different ways to do things that it can become confusing at first.

BO

Beth O.

3.8

Great ERP software with great integrations

I have been working with Dynamics NAV and Business Central for almost 4 years now, as a technical consultant. I install and implement BC on regular basis. Also I support customers with technical issues around Business Cental, which I love to do. The possibilities with BC are endless.

Pros

As a technical consultant, who installs and implements Microsoft Dynamics Business Central I find the integrations with all Microsoft's Azure applications a big plus. Seamless integration with Microsoft's Flow, PowerApps, Outlook, etc work very well.

Cons

There USED to be some disadvantages of Business Central, because for a long time Microsoft wasn't clear what course they would go. But now the course is set to the cloud (Azure) and I think that is the only way to go.

Best ERP software so far

The procurement process has been made easier. Our asset management is now on point. The human resource management especially the payroll management bit is awesome.

Pros

Dynamics 365 BC has a variety of tools including the procurement module, human resource module, and the finance module. It has a interface that is user friendly and easy to use. It's workflows are outstanding and carrying out an activity from one end to another is made easy. With the workflows, at least a track can be made on the movement of activities carried out in the system. The ability to generate reports is a plus which is also easy. Another good feature is that it can be customized to accommodate the user needs. It is also compatible with Microsoft Excel such that one can export and import data between the two.

Cons

At first, you will need some practice on how to manage it to avoid messing up with your crucial data. Another issue is that running many processes at once can slow it down and this will force you to wait longer.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have worked in the supply chain for 5 years now and have experience with 3 different ERP's. Our old ERP was limiting, though it was also fairly straight forward. The biggest issue seemed to be how incredibly date sensitive how ever without requiring dates at the same time. This pushed the change to a new ERP and Microsoft NAV was chosen through their partner company Just Foods. A truly bizarre...

Msft Dynamics as a CRM - there are other options

I think overall its a pretty solid software that if customizable would probably be one of my go to CRM recommendations.

Pros

I did like it's functionality with Outlook and other msft applications. There was little need to reorder things when exporting to excel and all that.

Cons

I did find the lack of customizability of the software to be frustrating. It appeared that there were only pre-populated choices from a drop down list for most things, many of which did not fit what i was trying to label. Now, this could have been a byproduct of my companies enterprise subscription with dynamics, i am not sure.

The new way to do business

Our business is running smoother since changing but we are slowly getting everything in the new system. It is taking some time but it easy to find orders/invoices when you know what to look for. I use it daily to send invoices, correct price errors, correct PO numbers.

Pros

I like that we are able to have all of our stages in one program. From our quotes to our invoices, we can keep track of the progress of each transaction. You can search by customer, order number, PO number, amount and there are many more options. After some training and a better understanding of how accounting works, I have excelled at understanding what needs to be done to correct issues or fix errors. I appreciate the ability to put notes on each quote, order, and invoice.

Cons

I wish there was a little more features such as having automatic invoices from multiple vendors but I think they may be working on that. I also wish there was a creation date for invoices and not just a posting date. I also wish there was a way to link invoices after you have made a change/correction such as the PO number being incorrect. Once you change the PO number, you have no idea that it went to another invoice.

Pretty easy to navigate, but the screen formatting needs adjusted

We use the collections module, sales, purchasing, service cost, job cost, subcontractor module, and more. We use purchase orders and 3 way matching and use dynamics for a wide range of use.

Pros

You can easily adjust titles to be in red or have distinctive features to stand out, but it is not always easy to do on the financial module and you cannot do it when using features like smartlist.

Cons

The inability to generate certain reports (you have to set them up yourself) which can be VERY time consuming.

Full of unrealised potential

Pros

I've evaluated NAV for other roles and now I have been using the product I am convinced that it is a very powerful product when configured correctly. It has options for many roles and the ability to configure the system exists but is limited by design.

Cons

Very high cost support and difficult nature of upgrades is a real turn off. Each version upgrade is treated as a new deployment. Lacks the ability to make even the most basic changes without partner assistance or developer licence. While the product has a lot of potential I would be reluctant to upgrade an old version as I feel there are other products out there which can do the same job with a much more reasonable price tag. Value for money is the main reason I have marked this application down.

Keeps everything in once place.

Pros

Dynamics allowed me to stay organised. as D-365 has many tools , with all the variety of plug-ins, setting up automation and communication takes some work but it is really easy to see how my pipeline is working and have a single view of the company in one single dashboard.

Cons

it would have been great if it had a bit more features . i think that the reporting is the Achilles heel of the platform, it's a time-consuming task and not very straight forward as done in other platforms

Dynamics 365 Business Central

Pros

Integration with outlook is the best. No more downloading and sending separate emails. I also liked the fact that it comes with a BI tool for reporting, this was a crisis on Dynamics Navision 2009. The price for the product is very reasonable for small and bigger companies.

Cons

Difficult to get support from the partners who implemented.

Not for Case Management

It was used as case management for the Board of Professional Responsibility. The needs did not match the software functionality.

Pros

There were some cool features like the filter capabilities. The dashboard was customizable which was nice. You could see what was important to you.

Cons

I did not like using DMS for case management. It was cumbersome and very touchy. If you clicked anything that was green it would take you to another page. Many times information would have to be input in several places. There is no easy way to view a lot of information at once on your screen using this software. To read an entire case’s history you would have to open numerous other pages.

Best Modern ERP Solution

Pros

I joined AL FANAR Electricals Co. KSA -in 2003, it has been decided to replace ERP system with NAV, Tec.Support was provided by AL FANAR IT an affiliate company who became golden partnership with Microsoft later and provided the system if Gulf Market, the implementation was very successful, early versions of NAV in 2003 was famous as (Navision Attain) at that time, the system provided a splendid AR,...

Cons

No Disadvantages or defaults in my opinion if implementation requirements are clear and correct and finance knows exactly controls, processes outputs they need. everything is there in this system.

Dynamics Review

It is really for basic use. If you are part of a manufacturing business or a large business, the software is not for you. In my experience, it is best used for small to mid size companies. The support is also terrible.

Pros

Pulling information out of the system in simple reporting isn't bad if you leave it in the same format. Basic reports are easy to read, and usually you can get the numbers in that you need by updating fields.

Cons

Entering information is extremely time consuming. You have to be very familiar with the software to be able to know what you can and cannot tab through. Pulling any information into excel is extremely time consuming and takes a lot of manipulation for it to look presentable.

Our 18 month experience on MS Dynamics

Pros

MS Dynamics is pretty user-friendly considering the other CRM products in the market. It's got a pretty good coverage in terms of customer engagement process. Right from Presales interaction center to post sales Services, it covers most processes. Microsoft as a vendor is placed well to offer this as a cloud offering as its also owns Azzure MS Dynamics does have a mobile app for Apple devices which is pretty useful and easy to use. That helps in user adoption on field. The support provided by MS is good, but gets activated only when situation gets into emergency mode.

Cons

The comercials could have been more affordable. I would have loved more seamless integration between Dynamics and Navision as both are from the same family. Easy to deploy mobile applications for Andriod phone is something which would have been really useful

Great software to support accounting processes!

A great tool for everyday accounting processes: reports, invoices, and managing different outlets within the company.

Pros

It is easy to run reports, since all the data you might need is in there. We use it to make invoices, and pro-forma invoices. It is great to have and keep our customer's database updated. It's easy to add new data. Be able to customize the data you use it everyday is a big plus.

Cons

Managing this software requires a lot of practice. You have to get familiar with it before run important reports and invoices. If there are too many processes at once, it can run slow and even block you out, so you'll have to wait until the system get less busy.

Great software, if you're not afraid of customization

Great software for small and midsize businesses.

Pros

One of NAV's biggest strengths is the fact that it's a Microsoft product, so the ease of use factor is high, given the fact that virtually all employees are familiar with MS ribbons, icons, etc. NAV is also customizable (with the help of a consultant). The fact that it is customizable, yet easy to up-gradable, is a huge factor.

Cons

There are some basic items that are only available through customization. I would like to see MS make these accessible as items that users can configure, vs. having to pay for customization.

Great Product

Microsoft has always been a great service that our company enjoys using. This service continues to strengthen the brand of Microsoft.

Pros

Cons

I did not like how it is difficult to add users into our system. Not everyone has had a positive experience with this software.

Feature Rich and Highly Customisable ERP

Good ERP for Small to medium enterprises

Pros

If you get the right partner- developer it a highly customizable product Great compatibility with MS Office Suite As an accounting or Financial Management ERP it is function rich, from the custom reports- account schedules, intercompany to navigation functionalities

Cons

Jobs lacks proper integration with Financial Management The number of updates or releases are just overwhelming

Great cloud based solution for small-medium businesses.

Keeps all our business data in one spot. Very easy for everyone do to their own paperwork.

Pros

Attach PDF's of invoices, PO's right to the entry. Keeps all ERP data in one spot. Can work from any device. All of our guys can work in the field and we have yet to hire an administrator.

Cons

Report creation requires a developer to help set up. Support costs can be high if you don't have a computer savvy person in your company.

Account and financial record needs

Pros

Accounting, G/L/ Receivables. Fairly straightforward and easy to use. Use from time it was GP 10. Standard reports were easy to use.

Cons

Glitches from time to time, we only had a certain amount of users accounts purchased and at times had more people trying to use so couldn't log in, but that isnt a software con. Just a con that you have to purchase a number of users.

Microsoft 365

Overall experience with this software is great haven't had any problems.

Pros

I would say almost everyone in the front office use office 365. For the needs we have for it the software works great.

Cons

Don't really have anything I like least about it. We are mostly Mac-based computers and it still works out great for compatibility.

Property Management for Dynamics NAV is a great solution for Real Estate Companies

Better collaboration, higher transparency, less redundant data and work.

Pros

With PMX Property Management we can manage almost our entire operations with this solution. We especially like that the solution provides a very stong and flexible accounting base with a lot of reporting tools available.

Cons

As with every integrated solution people have to adapt to the fact that all information is in one data base afterwards. The learning process for everybody that one's actions / entries influence all others takes some time.

Good for property management if you use the add-on

I liked the solution so far, it's easy to learn and use, even if requires some time to understand the logic. Just as any other software I guess. Together, it's a great solution, allows us to manage all aspects from accounting to leasing to reporting. We use it on a subscription base.

Pros

Flexible can be adjusted to our business. NAV partner Admiral is very supportive. We liked subscription option, did not need to invest upfront. Integrated accounting and lease management allow having all numbers in one place and it gets easy to analyze. Much faster tenant billing process than we had before. Good training material from Soft4RealEstate.

Cons

Smart NAV partner is needed. Even with a subscription, there is a set-up fee and we had to invest some amounts into development. But now we have what we need. Much of info on NAV in Customersource, but need time to search for it.

Financial package

Pros

We use NAV for all our accounting needs -- G/L, accounts payable/receivable, payroll. Easy to use and reports are simple to set up.

Cons

occasional glitches after upgrades, but that's to be expected and they are corrected quickly. We receive good support from our service provider.

Good experience as a system admin and end user

Pros

1. Like the excel function on NAV screen where you can dump out any info onto excel for external reporting. 2. Like the ability to setup permissions on record level. for example, can setup permissions where a user can see Purchase invoices for a particular vendor. 3.

Cons

1. Doesn't have a good approval chain process for purchasing documents. Very linear approach based on amount. 2. Microsoft customer support comes at a price and even with that they dont touch any customized function and ask you to get back to partner for fix

Best application for ERP in SME

According my experience I recommend this for small scale and medium scale business entities and not for the large scale entities.

Pros

This is a kind of ERP software that highly used by the manufacturing organizations. The application is advisable for use the medium scale business entities who are operating in manufacturing, retail, trading and distribution business activities. Though this is recognized as an accounting software, it is having the multiple function platforms such as HR management, project management, sales and marketing and supply chain management. Obtaining the information from the system is easy by the way of generating types of reports.

Cons

The most important drawback of the application is it is functioning slowly when few windows are open. Therefore, it needs to close the windows again and again when application is getting slow. The managing of the application requires a comprehensive experience and knowledge on it. It takes a long time to enter the data to the system. Users need to be familiar with application when entering data. For an instance, there are more unnecessary fields to be filled.