All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

NetSuite Reviews

Works well for our Payroll Team but Hard to Use on the Sales side of things

Overall, the switch seems to be a good one in the long run but the implementation is frustrating at times.

Pros

This product has a lot of functionality that wasnt previously available with our previous financial system.

Cons

The roll out for NetSuite was tricky to navigate through. Overall, it seems like the user-friendliness is not quite there yet.

Highly functional and flexible, but cumbersome

We had major issues with the implementation partners recommended by NetSuite, and it took over a year and a half to get it implemented. To add insult to injury, NetSuite made us renew the license while the tool was in development (late!) and we were not using it! Finally we fired the first supplier and then the one they recommended to fix the first supplier, and hired our own people.

Pros

Ability to write custom code and work with APIs to absorb data in real-time. We run multiple ecommerce sites as well as sell on the likes of amazon and eBay world-wide, and with NetSuite we can bring in data on sales without having to transform/key it in.

Cons

For plain vanilla transactions, it is much less easy to use than Quickbooks. It's good for the expert, proficient user, but we avoid use by casual users. That plus the cost per seat to allow casual users is ridiculous -- so they end up not using it at all, and use other tools and forms to send data to the power users. Which is not efficient.

More than Accounting

Pros

I like that NetSuite can be used to track everything from hours, to invoices, to bills, to customer contacts, sales calls and more.

Cons

It Seems a little limit when it comes to actual Accounting reports.

NetSuite is a Charm

Pros

NetSuite is so flexible. It can be customized using different ways like workflows, scripting, forms, fields, layouts.

Cons

There are a lot of supposed basic functionality that is not available in NetSuite. We have to build and pay for customization because NetSuite does not have the basic functionality. Some controls in terms of permission is very loose. We have to make sure that all customization measures are checked to make sure that any settings we have built did not break these permissions. This is very hard to monitor as well for access reviews.

Great ERP system with customization

Well worth the investment.

Pros

You can basically get this customized to your company's very specific needs and it can be integrated to many other programs to make them more robust. There is a learning curve with learning how to run reports but once you get that down you will be able to do so many more things.

Cons

Since it is so customization it is a little more difficult to learn. It is a bit costly and you pay per seat so if you need to have 1 person have multiple seats then it could get a little more costly.

Once catered to your company's needs, it works wonders!

We had a bumpy start, but once we all got comfortable, it helped out tremendously. The company uses NetSuite in every department from HR to Customer Support, to logistics and warehouse.

Pros

The "one stop shop" aspect of the software was very convenient. It reduced time in executing tasks for our representatives. It helped organize our daily tasks and kept us accountable.

Cons

It was confusing at first but what software change isn't? It took some time to really get the software to accommodate our needs but once complete, we saw changes almost instantly.

I use this software daily. I have 3 years of experience with NetSuite and it is by-far the easiest.

This software is great for a medium sized company

Pros

Functionally. It is very easy to create and edit Purchase/Sales orders. It is even easier to keep track of customer information and past orders. Netsuite also allows us to search by serial number, showing us exactly where that item is located in our warehouse.

Cons

Sometimes the editable fields we have on our board do not update. I find myself going back through my orders and updating pick status' again, along with Warehouse alerts. A minor con, but one that could be fixed in the future.

Slow Customer Support

All in all it was medium. The engagement is the overall soution they offer which is a hook for buyers and a plus.

Pros

It is an overall cloud based solution. You do not need to hire hosting services , ecommerce platform, financial platform, ERP and CRM are all hosted under the same roof. This avoided going through thrid party integrations which results in slow websites and headaches dealing with more than one company.

Cons

The customer support is horrible. You can call your Account Executive and it takes days, weeks or months to get results.

NetSuite is great for all functions of account management. I used it as a tool in dental sales.

Pros

NetSuite lists and reports are very easy to build out. I used it to track leads, prospects, and customers to ensure each account was going through the sales process as efficiently as possible. You can track accounts by any measure such as "last contacted", "sales rep", "state" etc. This made it extremely easy to develop lists for all kinds of reasons such as sales trips to a specific area, what prospects needed to be contacted, and progress made towards sales goals.

Cons

A big con with NetSuite was its inability to sync with Gmail. You had to copy and paste any correspondence with prospects and customers into NetSuite which obviously takes time out of our day.

NetSuite in Non Traditional Use

I have used NetSuite at two separate jobs. The first, NetSuite was a clearer use. The second, not so much. Overall, with the reliance on the system, any down time in business hours is costly to productivity and correcting data can be difficult with many require boxes that are redundant. Again, this is mostly implementation of a system in a way it was on intended to be used in.

Pros

NetSuite has the option of many searches, as well has having a broad umbrella of coverage to assist with things such as accounting all the way through account updates.

Cons

The way it was implemented in the company is not how NetSuite should have been used. It was started as accounting and turned to a CRM without proper cleaning and updates or training, causing glitches and headaches.

Helluva container uses Netsuite

We could not operated without this software. We treat it as a very essential part of our business and are continually tweaking it.

Pros

We love the ability to customize Netsuite to our business processes and the fact it is all in the cloud, our employees can be anywhere and log on.

Cons

The need to have a higher level of knowledge of programming in web design and java to run and customize some of Netsuite’s systems. Fortunately we have contracted with Netsuite certified firms to make changes we are not able to make.

Netsuite works great!

Pros

What I love about Netsuite is that everything is just in one place... its also very user friendly.There's a lot of 3rd party add ons that you can use well.Netsuite is easy to use and accessible anywhere by this tool. It's Very helpful and you can add and customize a lot for reports.

Cons

If there's one thing I don't like about Nesuite is that the functionality is slow and it freezes usually takes a few moments to load.I just wish it will be a little bit faster but no other main issues I can think of.

Netsuite is one of those systems where you have a love and hate relationship.

The ability to create customized reports based on the connecting feature of Netsuite.

Pros

The quoting system is a really simple and easy feature. It easily lists all the information needed such as items, prices, terms, and etc. It is pretty easy to run reports on too.

Cons

Trying to troubleshoot an issue or getting a hold of their support is really strenuous. In order to submit a ticket with them, you need to login via browser. If Netsuite is unable to be accessed via browser due to system down or other issues, you are basically out of luck.

Streamlined our shipping, accounting, and support processes

Pros

We used to use several different systems for shipping, accounting, and support. NetSuite has allowed us to consolidate all of that into one system. It's a lot easier and less complicated for all users to use the same software. The software is cloud-based and therefore easily accessible from anywhere, which is helpful for our remote employees.

Cons

The learning curve can be a bit steep and it must be customized properly in order to get the most value out of it.

Always running into issues

Negative. Rather than reduce the workload at the company, it seems to have mostly increased that workload and shifted it to other departments.

Pros

I like having a cloud-based database where I can look up inventory and pricing and billing history information. (When those features actually work.)

Cons

They've never been able to complete a successful integration between NetSuite and our eCommerce web store (though one of their approved vendors managed to spend an entire year and a LOT of money building a connection that has never worked). As a result, our finance team still has to enter all of the data manually on a monthly basis. It's also been inflexible when entering large sales orders for invoicing into the system. Each line has to be entered manually, which takes a lot of extra time.

I love Netsuite

Now that I have been using Netsuite for a couple years, I am extremely happy with it. After using Quickbooks in the past, I would highly recommend Netsuite.

Pros

Now that I am familiar with Netsuite, I love the ability to attach schedules to invoices while entering invoices. Their consolidated reports and and currency conversions makes viewing the financials so much easier.

Cons

Implementation was difficult and certain things like changes schedules or stopping schedules once they are in is extremely difficult or not possible.

Get the Training, Not Entirely Intuitive

I've worked with NetSuite for about 3-4 years now, while I've become more acclimated to it, it's not entirely as intuitive as previous software I've used such as MAS 90 or Quickbooks, but that's not to say it's not a great software, I just think users need to also invest in training on how to use the software, which of course in turn means more money.

Pros

Many functions, modules and dashboards to support various accounting and project management needs.

Cons

It's not an entirely intuitive software, there are many modules and safety features that are not entirely obvious in usage.

Netsuite Early Review

So far I like Netsuite, I don't love it. I'm hoping that after getting to use it more (it's only been 3 months), I will be more acquainted and used to it.

Pros

Going from Quickbooks to Netsuite was long overdue for our company. We have about 25 LLC's that all roll up to a Corporation. Each LLC has 1-7 properties. Netsuite has allowed for consolidated reporting, customized reports, and a convenient dashboard that QB cannot do.

Cons

The version of Netsuite we have did not allow for checks to be cut out of multiple bank accounts. This was a disaster since the sales team told us we were OK and the implementation team (3rd party) did not tell us this was an issue. Netsuite did pull through and wrote a script to get us working, but if you don't buy OneWorld, you will not have this option. I have used Sage Intacct and find Netsuite has a lot more customization, but sometime it is very difficult to figure out. Trying to learn where everything is or how to code is challenging.

NetSuite - Wonderful Cloud Based Software

This is a somewhat pricey option for software, but is SO worth the investment!

Pros

NetSuite is very user friendly. It also is very easy to customize any type of reports that you need. Another pro, is due to the fact that it's a cloud based software, you can easily log on from anywhere!

Cons

I would say the only con is that the software is so robust, that the initial setup takes awhile to customize the screens to be the way that you want them. However, once that is completed, it is smooth sailing!

excellent functionality, but clunky UI and prices

Pros

First, I think this software is one of the most robust ERP systems out there - it was heavily customizable for all our needs, especially analyzing the financial statements and using the search/query features. In addition, I found the customer service to be top notch. They were extremely responsive and helpful with our specific needs. Finally, I think the the dashboard screen was helpful as an overview of the company and easy access to changes to be made.

Cons

While this is not about the software, Oracle has been hiking up prices for the past few years, to the point that it's gotten costly. It might be a relevant barrier for smaller companies. However, otherwise, I think the software itself requires a lot of training to use. In addition, integration with legacy software isn't as smooth as I would've liked.

A+ for NetSuite

Pros

Integration with different tools in the market via API is not a problem. I've used several ERP/CRM tools available in the market with different companies I've worked in and I can say that NetSuite is the most flexible I've used so far.

Cons

It takes a little getting used to but when set-up correctly and with daily use, you will get the hang of it. We've also experienced quite a few technical issues with NetSuite but I think that's almost always the case with technology.

Customize to your hearts desire

The reporting structure has helped my company tremendously.

Pros

I've used NetSuite for almost 6 years and I love it. You can customize just about everything within this software. It is user friendly, the reporting is so detailed that you can drill down and get incredibly detailed information.

Cons

The only thing that I do not personally care for, in the way that we are utilizing this software, is having to switch to different roles for certain things.

Perfect for Subscription and SaaS Model Businesses

The implementation of Netsuite revolutionalised our reporting ability, replacing endless spreadsheets to manage deferred revenue. Now we can easily forecast renewals and revenue giving so much more visibility.

Pros

The contracts module is critical to our subscription model. Contracts are auto-renewed and deferred revenue is effortless!

Cons

It's quite difficult to create your own reports without the help of Support

Netsuite User since 2004

1. A good operation software. 2. Need to improve pricing structure for long term business

Pros

It is a very efficient integrated software for operation.

Cons

Pricing structure is extremely unacceptable. NetSuite keeps increasing annual fee for a loyal customer. That is why we will not recommend this software to any start up company. We are a pioneer customer since 2004. We have been using Salesforce for several years. Salesforce never increase our price every year. Salesforce is as good as NetSuite.

Honest Review

So far Netsuite is very ideal and useful for a Customer Support based company. API integration is very good. Netsuite is very recommendable.

Pros

Netsuite will allow you to store records, create a search, save documents and pull up reports for your clients. It allows you to customize your work table and check records and file easily.

Cons

Navigation and tools sometime is not available. Lags and unavailability of the site occurs every month. Updates and storage are limited

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.