Nitro Reviews - Page 2

NM

Nancy M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Beware - no technical support OR contact with company

I've been using Nitro Pro for over 5 years. Until last year, everything worked as expected. Then it stopped working on my bosses' machine and started not being able to open some pdf files (no idea what's different about those files than the ones it will open). This means Nitro Pro is now only really useful for certain pdf files. Even worse, there is simply no technical support available and I find that disturbing at best. I certainly can't recommend Nitro Pro to anyone. A company that produces software products and doesn't offer technical support for those products is simply a bad bet for anyone, for commercial or personal use.

Pros

It has been a good alternative to a subscription with Adobe Acrobat. We purchased perpetual licensing. It works well when it works.

Cons

No technical support No way to contact the company unless I want to purchase more One of our licenses will not work correctly on one of our Windows 10 machines (i.e. the bosses computer) and there's simply no way to get assistance from the company. It can't open some pdf files (says they're corrupted - but they're not since Adobe Acrobat Reader can open them). Which means I can't edit those pdf files.

AS

Alejandra S.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Nitro is a very good tool for create and edit PDF

Excellent! Nitro is a so powerful and so versatile PDF editor and reader with many useful tools and features

Pros

Nitro is easy to use and has extensive tools and functionalities for PDF editing and management with a wide range of tools for editing, merging, splitting, or converting PDFs, Nitro can be a digital notebook since it also has tools such as highlighting, striking through, adding comments, adding forms, adding images, signatures, and stamps, etc. Also has cloud integration and you can collaborate with other people (with access) in the documents.

Cons

Sometimes (although it also depends on the computer's computing power) Nitro tends to lag or close on its own, losing the work that has been done. Also, the interface can be a bit confusing, causing some utilities to be in unexpected menus.

SP

Sanganagouda P.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Nitro Pdf- Transforming Your PDF Workflow

As a user of Nitro PDF, I have found it to be an efficient and user-friendly tool for creating, editing, and converting PDFs. The interface is intuitive, and the software offers a range of powerful tools for formatting text, images, and pages. The OCR technology is particularly impressive, allowing for accurate scanning and conversion of documents.

Pros

1. Easy-to-use interface for creating, editing, and converting PDFs.2. Comprehensive set of tools for editing and formatting text, images, and pages.3. Powerful batch processing capabilities for converting multiple files at once.4. Integration with Microsoft Office and other applications.5. Advanced OCR technology for scanning and converting documents.6. Cloud storage integration for easy access to files from anywhere.

Cons

1. Limited collaboration tools for team projects.2. No built-in version control features.3. Limited annotation and markup capabilities.4. No mobile app for editing and viewing PDFs on-the-go.

Michelle M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Nitro saves my life for personal and business!

We have documents and manuals that are hundreds of pages and Nitro makes it easy to open these manuals, change the things we need to change, add things at just one click and manipulate our outcome to be exactly what we need. I'm real impressed with Nitro and wish it would have came in my life years ago when I was struggling. I would resort to using online pdf converting tools and then would have to either pay or it just doesn't do what I need it to do. But since purchasing Nitro it gives me the ease to manipulate and change our files/manuals that have to updated yearly. There may be a 300 page manual that needs 2 things changed and Nitro makes it so easy to do. I love Nitro. I will definitely be purchasing it for my home personal use as well.

Pros

Nitro gives me the ease to navigate my pdf files where I can edit, convert, erase, make forms and maneuver around my pdf to delete or even copy pages of a lengthy document. To be able to edit a .pdf is where I see that Nitro is a step above the rest. It reads every aspect of my document line by line and I can edit, delete or even add words. Being able to edit a pdf file and make it look so much like...

Cons

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when I am converting a file to word, if the file, for example has a line or colored box in the original pdf file, it will definitely read that but it makes if so difficult in Word to go through the file to delete all the "trash" that it converted. Now don't get me wrong that is what it is supposed to do when it converts a file, but it gets tiresome to find all the mistakes that it is supposed to convert. So this is just an user pet peeve. Sometimes it will also convert the text in different fonts, but that may be just a user error as well.

EI

Emad I.

Machinery, 5,001-10,000 employees

Nitro PDF is the best PDF processor in the market in my opinion

it's simply the most amazing and practical PDF processor you could ever want.

Pros

Part of my job requires reading and editing reports and other files in PDF formats extensively among many other things, I used to try many different PDF processors either paid or free but each of them had its fair share of issues that i couldn't live with, until i switched to Nitro pdf which is now by far my favorite goto pdf reader and processor,since then i never looked back, it made my life easier...

Cons

I would say that the cloud support isn't the best and it needs a little attention but that won't ruin the great overall user experience you get out of this program.

SM

Stacy M.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

PDF made easy

Our switch from Adobe to Nitro was painless. Nitro has all the same plugins, so even when using it with our mail program, it works flawlessly! Of course it has a browser plugin, so when opening PDF files online, it will open them in the browser.

Pros

Cost! Straight and simple, cost is the best thing about Nitro Software. It's only a fraction of the price of it's major competitor, Adobe Acrobat. We were using Adobe, but one of my team members recommended that we try Nitro, as a cost cutting measure. we switched two years ago and haven't looked back. Honestly we have the same functionality as we did with Adobe.

Cons

Nothing major as far a con goes, but I've had the software freeze a few times, but to be honest, Adobe did the same thing! It's never a big deal as it auto saves and you pick up where you left off.

RC

Racey C.

NitroPDF > Adobe Acrobat

Not paying Adobe their absurd licensing costs.

Pros

For the absurd cost I can't see why anyone would use Acrobat over Nitro PDF. Nitro PDF costs well less than half of what an Acrobat Pro license costs, and there is no super amazing functionality Acrobat has that Nitro doesn't that would justify spending your money with Adobe. Nitro is more than sufficient, and even their free PDF reader has more functionality than Adobe's to boot. Additionally, at least from a corporate perspective, every time I ever contact Nitro for something like a licensing quote, a question, or even for technical support (essentially never needed) they were always ultra responsive and professional. I think about an hour or so is the longest they have ever taken to get back to me and I've been doing business with them for five years at this point.

Cons

The only con is a fairly minor one, is a bit of a technical issue, and the only reason I gave overall quality four stars. Sometimes when closing a PDF the Nitro process will get hung. The next time you attempt to open a PDF, nothing will happen. You won't get an error or anything, but you'll double click the file and simply (seemingly) nothing happens. Well, in actuality another instance of the...

Talha K.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Easy way to create PDF and extract contents from PDF

Nitro is my one stop PDF solution. I use it extensively almost everyday and have purchased/installed it for our various teams. Since we moved from Adobe's Acrobat it has been a very smooth transition and people have found out scanning and PDF conversion very easy.

Pros

Combining multiple files to form a single PDF and ability to easily disintegrate PDF into multiple ones. The UI is lucid and doesn't occupy a lot of memory even if you are working on multiple PDFs.

Cons

OCR scanning comes with errors, extracting text from a file will have small errors. While you convert a PDF to MS Word file it will lose the formatting and you may need to reformat the file which is a bit of a hassle.

jl

jose luis g.

Accounting, self-employed

Nitro el mejor editor de documentos para tambien convertirlos en diversos formatos.

Permite editar facilmente documentos en pdf y convertir a muchísimos formatos y la combinación tan sencilla de documentos en uno solo y su edicion lo hace muy amigable y eficiente para el trabajo diario.

Pros

Me gusta su versatilidad al editar documentos, combinar varios documentos en uno, el poder convertir un pdf a diversos tipos de archivos como word, excel y archivos de imagen.

Cons

El precio, creo que si esta algo caro pero vale cada peso que pagas pero podria estar mas accesible aqui en Mexico.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Adam G.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

A pdf editor with many tools

When use Nitro for digital signatures like contract, and other documents. data reporting, etc.In our company we use Nitro PDF for form editing and electronic signature needs. The fact that we can perform common PDF tasks like editing, reading, and form filling with a single app rather than a collection of them is a major improvement. To glean data, make changes, and edit text. The process of organizing and fusing together separate files, etc.

Pros

I have used nitro in my own work, is a great alternative to the expensive Adobe Acrobat professional version and offers most of the same features, including the ability to edit PDFs and to add signatures and watermarks.I like this PDF reader. Allows you to edit specific sections of a document. You can also enter text for documents. This is a good section. Documents can be signed and dropped off for processing and combine with others documents.It's great to be able to annotate a page with whatever notes I need to make, be they written, drawn, or otherwise inserted. For me, this is a huge time and paper saver. I also like how easy it is to merge multiple PDFs into a single document, and how Nitro arrange them in the order you like.

Cons

There are some aspects that need to be improved regarding the editing of documents, there are many fonts that it does not have which makes it difficult to edit documents, another weakness that it has is that sometimes it crashes when working with large files.

Matthew M.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Nothing better for PDFs!

So many things are in PDF form, which poised quite an issue given the nature of Insurance and claims makes it imperative to have everything precisely documented. Before Nitro I had to hand type it all. For anyone who isn't adept at typing that can be quite a challenge when having to document the Terms & Conditions of an Insurance plan. Adobe always gave me problems with being able to select the text, while Nitro does it with ease.

Pros

Nitro's functionality is hands down better than Adobe when it comes to PDFs. It allows to quickly combine files, export to Word & Excel, extract specific pages quickly, is great at selecting text, etc. etc. For the cost it can't be beat!

Cons

The interface is crammed with a lot of tools and options, but not very intuitive. Get past the leaning curve though and you'll love it.

Majeed Mohammed D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Nitro has never crashed on me, nor corrupted my documents

Nitro is the second pdf tool I have installed in my PC. And even though I rely on the other one for more sophisticated functions and better document security, I use Nitro for my most of my day to day pdf needs because it handles so easily and is very light weight.

Pros

Nitro is extremely easy to use. Finding authentic .apk files is very simple, even from third party sources. Installation is also very easy, and does not end up crowding up your drives with a clutter of installation files that could easily be hubs of malware. And when it comes to managing .pdf files, I never struggle to read, merge or convert files.

Cons

On a few occasions, I have had encrypted files open without requiring entry of passwords. I am not sure whether it was due to incomplete file encryption, or a program malfunction.

MH

Mark H.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Nitro is the real deal in the world of documentation and PDF editing.

I enjoyed using it for the time I spent on it, with little improvements it might be the NO.1 in the PDF managing applications.

Pros

Viewing and editing PDF documents.Ability to import images in the PDF documents.Create PDF signatures.The ease of converting PDF to DOC and vise versa.

Cons

Little difficulties when it comes to adding some comments into the PDF document.The mobile app is a little bit buggy.

MO

Michael O.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Nitro User Ambivalent

I often have multiple open documents for reference. These documents will be open for weeks, or even months at a time (e.g. legislation/regulations, etc.) and it makes it easy to switch active documents and keep them all open for reference. When it crashes, or if the computer is rebooted (often due to an update), most of the time the documents auto-recover - but not always (making it difficult to get back to where I was).

Pros

Simple to keep multiple tabs open, great for frequently referred to documents. Easy to highlight and annotate, and search (when optimized)

Cons

Often crashes and doesn't always retain the open documents. Fomat conversion not always accurate or complete.

AA

Alejandro A.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

The best second option

Nitro is an excellent choice if you work mainly with texts and documents. If your concern is just handling the PDF world, then this is your best option. It has a lot of compatibility and is a strong software.

Pros

Nitro Pro is a complete software for PDF’s. You can create PDFs from JPEGs, PNG, office documents or even other PDFs. The software is easy to use and has some nice add-ons like OCR, for scanned documents and annotation features. You wouldn't miss acrobat a bit. I actually prefer this software. It Is a standalone product, and you don't have to deal with subscriptions or other hassles like in adobe.

Cons

Sometimes the software is too bloated. My laptop can barely handle it. It has occasional freezing. So I rarely use it to read PDFs, I use nitro for its creation capabilities. To be fair I use a computer that is 5 years old. Otherwise, there is no problem with this software

Robert R.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Nitro PDF - Cost effective alternative to "BIG" PDF

Nitro PDF allowed us to equip entire departments that, in the past, would only purchase one or two subscription licenses from the other guys to manage costs.

Pros

Cost effectiveness was key. I have some users that had a pretty minimal requirements i.e. add/remove pages. but the other guys cost so much money to get just a basic level of function. Nitro presented a cost effective license for PDF editing.

Cons

The user interface was more clicks than would have been ideal. There are some functions such as page rotation that required additional clicks to rotate the entire document with no option to set that feature as the default setting. Training videos and help menu were very useful but typical users failed to investigate these without prompting from IT but when they did most issues were resolved quickly.

Wesley G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great for viewing and signing PDFs

I purchased a personal license for Nitro after trying out a few free PDF tools (usually requiring multiple different software solutions to handle different jobs like compiling or rearranging pages of a PDF and signing a document). Nitro has all of the features I regularly use and some that I don't use often, but really appreciate when I need them.

Pros

Nitro Pro checks all the boxes as a PDF viewer and document signer. The interface is intuitive and it seems to be much less CPU intensive compared to Adobe Acrobat and some other PDF tools that I tried while making my decision.

Cons

While I usually edit PDFs in GIMP or another program, there are some simple edits, like cutting and moving an image in a PDF, that are not easy to do in Nitro. However, Nitro does an excellent job converting text and images and their basic fillable form tools are really easy to use.

DM

Daniel M.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Nitro, the best app for pdfs

Since I came across Nitro in my life, I won't change it for anything, it has saved my life countless times with its pdf conversion and merging tools, I love its simple and easy to understand interface. Its text selection is very useful if you want to make a quote in another document. I just love it!

Pros

It has an incredible amount of tools, such as text editing, combination with other pdfs, size reduction, converters to other file types. And undoubtedly the most impressive, the virtual signatures, where they are automatically detected when you open a pdf.

Cons

I find no negative points of the software, as it is very well developed.

SV

Shikha V.

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

Efficient, Smart and User Friendly

I have had a good experience with Nitro so far and since I use this software on daily basis, I can vouch that it is the best on the market right now for small to medium scale companies.

Pros

I am an HR professional and have been using this software for almost 4 years now. This is one of the best PDF editor software in the market. As an HR professional, I work with documents all day and we need to edit documents every time as per the employee/client’s specifications. Nitro PDF makes it easier for me to edit the document. It also provides features like electronic signing, adding comments,...

Cons

There are times when the software stops working in the middle of work and the only option left is to close the file and start over. This is very annoying and disrupt the work. Not sure how true this is but it does not work well with IOS.

WK

Waleed K.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

A useful tool for everyone that simplifies the procedures for merging and modifying documents

Nitro saved so much time, effort and paper that in the past it was printed more than once without any value. With Nitro we were able to collaborate on reviews without using paper, combine reports and add comments into a single copy, and most importantly to me, saving us a great deal of time and effort doing this in multiple applications.

Pros

Using Nitro saves us from having to print a lot of unnecessary documents, which saves a lot of time and money. When it comes to digitally editing papers, Nitro provides all the tools you need, as we can easily mark up and save papers, contracts, and drawings in the format and font size we desire. Nitro is a valuable and indispensable tool when preparing contracts, copying bids, and merging reports in PDF format, so that we can easily share and attach them via email. Notes can be passed between departments with Nitro, which saves time and paper especially when each department works in charge of its own note-taking. An organized, prepared and signed digital copy is important to simplify the documentation and archiving processes for all types of documents.

Cons

There is no room to mention anything negative about Nitro, as it is a very easy to use tool and performs its functions very flexibly.

Hospitality, self-employed

Free PDF Creator

I love the PrimoPDF software. I've been using it for years and it's very easy to use once you have it installed on your computer.

Pros

I use Nitro's PrimoPDF printer and it not only saves me the cost of the expensive Adobe PDF software, the PrimoPDF works very well. Once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, it automatically shows up in your printer pull down window. It's easy to create a PDF to send to my client.

Cons

When you download the software, be careful not to allow it to also install secondary software on your computer that can cause problems. I had to work hard to uninstall the other software that came with the PrimoPDF. So pay attention to make sure you check the box that says not to install anything else while downloading.

VK

Vincent K.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Used for many years, a proven decent PDF manager

Pros

The option to merge PDF's and add pages. Also the "shrink" option is great to have when sending e-mails to external parties.

Cons

license monitoring can be challenging, as Nitro currently looks at "1 click within app is a license consumed" and only resets after 12 weeks. To be honest when in calls they have a human approach and understand things and typically allow some sort of soft overconsiming

David R.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Nitro an excellent software for digital transformation

It is a good solution to manage electronic signatures, forms, invoices and other documents that help my company in its digital transformation. it is a software with many tools i can create PDF convert APDF files edit documents, make forms, compile files and then convert to PDF. I like that it has a version for iOS, this is very practical if you want to review files quickly from your smartphone.

Pros

Nitro is an excellent software for the digital transformation of small medium and large companies. Something that I can highlight about Nitro PDF is that it has a section for the education of its users, case studies, tutorials on how and why to use nitro, it has videos, webinars and tools that make the learning curve short. It is a brand that gives me confidence since it is allied with many companies and is constantly being updated.

Cons

Although it is a software with many tools, there are things that need to be improved, such as the loading time when opening the software since it takes a long, although their website has many tutorials and videos, customer service takes a long time to respond. Just like OCR scanning, when an image with a lot of text and images is scanned, it often processes wrong letters.

DM

David M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Works good, but needs bugs fixed.

Overall the experience with Nitro is good for our home building company and all of the files we have to deal with on a daily basis. I just wish they would send out patches to fix the glitches.

Pros

This software has a very good set of features that are very simple to use and find. It does a good job on reading all of our big plan sets and helping us extract pages and sets with ease

Cons

This software has a lot of bugs that need to be addressed. It has a tendency to crash when there are too many layers on our landscape plans. The toolbar never holds on to the items I save for easy use. It randomly gets stuck after reopening certain files.

DG

Diana Grace Q.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Super love this app!

5 stars to this app, a big have especially to us dealing with several electronic documents everyday.

Pros

Honestly, I love everything about nitro. If only i can give 100 stars, i will definitely give it to this app. Nowadays, especially we are dealing with tons of digital documents, it can easily read by Nitro. I love that this is all in one. You can attach electronic signature, add text, erase pictures or text, convert pdf to word or ppt and a lot more!The best deal i ever have in any software.

Cons

I like everything with nitro, ease of using it, functionality and it's also affordable.