ONLYOFFICE Workspace Logo

ONLYOFFICE Workspace Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.42/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like that it is very easy to start using and to learn, and the more that I use it, the more I am both impressed and liking it.

KK

Kevin K.

Nextcloud integration with OnlyOffice Integration Edition works like a charm. Office Documents compatibility is quite good and concurrent editing is really appreciated here.

GS

Guenael S.

My overall experience with Only office is good. Our organization mostly have Linux systems installed so it's a great help to us.

dishant s.

It is not fully compatible with Microsoft Office. Docx, I had bad surprises on complex documents and was forced to use Office online.

Ionel Răzvan G.

The bad thing is that I need more space for it now and have to fill in a review.

VF

Verica F.

It was a real problem when I made a presentation with LibreOffice at home and then presenting at school with Powerpoint.

ONLYOFFICE Workspace users...

Google Docs-logocaret

Google Docs

Microsoft 365-logocaret

Microsoft 365

Google Cloud Platform-logocaret

Google Cloud Platform

Compare both
How would you rate ONLYOFFICE Workspace?

A must have tool, The SwissArmy app on the Office Universe.

I use ONLYOFFICE everyday to send and receive documents, on my work and personal life, the software allow to work Mobile and Desktop so it's easy to go from one to other and continue working, no everyone have Microsoft Office but everyone can have ONLYOFFCE EASY and continue with the work with the same quality, I love the formula management and use every time to easy explain problems and ideas, the integration with world and graphics allow us to create professional presentations and forms to improve or work.

Pros

- Fast to load, allow to work in no time and don't eat a lot resources on the memory machine, fast response and very robust to work. - Very intuitive, all the commands are easy to access, menus and icons are very well arranged to work with it. - Support a lot new features with the addons and new tools. - Easy to export and full compatible to send any work to any person. - Support multiple Languages on the same documents, this allow to communicate globally with co-workers in the world. - PDF Export made easy and 100% compatible. - Great Tech and Community support to feel in touch with people that really care about.

Cons

- Some times the system freeze a little, that's because need time to clean on importing documents from other sources and made more compatible documents. - Extra features become bad translated, so need to test before use. - Don't run on every OS system, but developers works fast to solve it. - New features on other office systems still don't implemented, so show errors on importing documents. - Poor graphic editor, need a little more improve.

Amazing Open Source Alternative to Google Docs or MS365

Overall, ONLYOFFICE is a game changer. It is a viable alternative to mega cloud corporations like Google and Microsoft. It's nice to have your own private server with control of your data. Pair ONLYOFFICE with NextCloud and you have all of the productivity software you need.

Pros

I like that ONLYOFFICE is free and can be self-hosted. It is the best Office alternative that most accurately reads and writes Word/Excel/Powerpoint compatible files. It runs fast on both desktop and in the browser. It integrates nicely with NextCloud. The mobile apps are also great.

Cons

I wish that the iOS mobile app could connect directly to a NextCloud server instead of requiring an ONLYOFFICE Community server. The desktop app does this and it is perfect for NextCloud users.

simple software

Pros

Ease of implementation and simplicity of use.

Cons

That does not have advanced marketing tools.

This review was translated from Spanish. Read original review

Good app, Bad support

It is a good application, but the support is very bad...we never have a right answer, they take days to answer, and it looks like the company is runned by one single person. Never found out who is the manager, and there is nobody to complaint when you get bad support services. Good software, but for those who do not need a business stability....well...you'll get quite nervous not knowing whats going to happen if there is a problem.

Pros

Good price, lots of features

Cons

Important features are not there (like automatic syncronization with Drive or Dropbox), also photo gallery is missing. No way to your network fellows know when there is a new document on a project, And no communication with the managers. It looks like the company is runned by a single person, Eugene. This person answers the online chat and will tell you to send the request to support. You do that...and one day later the same Eugene replies! Usually, you get no solution for your problem. Or you just give up.

Wish I would have discovered it sooner!

Very satisfied - it really helps us run our non-profit association in a very professional and productive way.

Pros

All you need to run and manage a non-profit association like ours. We have all we needd and I just love the integration of the email system with the CRM system. I which I would have discovered this sooner when I was on the board of other associations. This really beats working with a Google or other envrionment to manage an organization.

Cons

I would like to be able to set up automations with Integrately (similar to Zapier) so that we can connect our website and interactions there with our CRM etc...

Nice compatible office suite

Pros

I am able to read and save as Microsoft documents, and I can save it all on my personal server which is accessible anywhere I have internet.

Cons

Onlyoffice seems to work really well for my needs. I do get a little confused by the products on offer... ie. business vs personal, hosted vs self-hosted.

Amazing open source Workspace

Pros

ONLYOFFICE Workspace has all the workspace software should have, like the ability to delegate project and task to all my team members when we are running a project. Even-tho it is an open source software, it is no short of feature that all other more mainstream software has. The best free workspace software so far.

Cons

Problem with an open source software is, there are no real customer support and user need to find themself a solutions from the forum if the problem need a fix for any problem arises. Other than that, connecting to the NextCloud server is quite frustrating when i tried to use it from my iPhone.

Giving 'big' competitors good competition

Onlyoffice is very easy to get used to. No hassle, no problems, it just works. There is a good amount of customization possible.

Pros

-tightly integrated suite of office capabilities -great for small to medium work teams -no hassle configuration

Cons

-could provide more integration points (specially with widely adapted collaboration tools)

Amazing Cloud based workspace

Pros

Onlyoffice Workspace provides the ability to create, collaborate and share files within your organization on a safe and secure Cloud based platform. It also gives you the option to work with a range of Ms Office documents.

Cons

Wish the user interface could be little more user friendly.

Solid and rich

Easy collaborative work

Pros

Online collaborative work features

Cons

Document and table editing functions

This review was translated from French. Read original review

Let me collaborate and work with colleague

Pros

ONLYOFFICE is one of the best open source workspace software that are on par when compared it with more knowable workspace software like Google Workspace. It let me and my team to collaborate on document and task, along with the communication hub that allowing us to interact on real-time.

Cons

Deploying the software for the first time is confusing and frustrating, as it won't linked with my storage server and no detailed manual are provided from them to guiding me to troubleshoot the problem myself.

ONLYOFFICE is definitely the way to go when you need to implement an online document management app.

As a user my entire company (and possibly our clients) get a great user experience very close to the Microsoft suite it's inspired to, but online and with the possibility to install the whole thing on your own servers. Also document format compatibility looks really great (we did some quick tests and it's really impressive). Finally, being open source, enables even more opportunities, from deeper integrations to forking to implement any wild idea but within an Office- or Google-like code base.

Pros

My company was in search for an online document editing experience (similar to Google Docs) but with the option to install it on our own premises. Apart from online LibreOffice (which is definitely a cool technical idea but really too heavy, with a debatable user experience and some weird limitations), there was nothing to be found out there. Then by pure chance I stumbled upon ONLYOFFICE and magically our problem was solved! After a few hours of poking around with a few lines of code, I had my prototype up and running, and people in the company really impressed with it!

Cons

Well honestly it's hard to find anything wrong with this product, but if I need to, I would point out some complexity in the setup and also some gaps in the documentation (again from a technical standpoint). Also I found it after hours of research on the Internet, so maybe it would be great to invest in marketing as well (not only ads I mean). Finally (and I'm not sure this is a real shortcoming), business professionals that are proficient with e.g. Microsoft Excel keep asking for more Excel-like features to be implemented in ONLYOFFICE (because they really like the product).

Excellent Online Office Suite!!

My overall experience with OnlyOffice has been great. I had issues looking for a suite that had everything I needed. When I worked on documents or projects it seemed I was looking all around for one with good formatting options. When I found this one I was super excited. It helped me with the table of contents and also other issues I was dealing with for my document. I recommend other people using it, especially those who do loads of projects frequently.

Pros

I love this software so much because it helps me manage my documents effectively. It's so easy and it's not complicated to use. It's a smooth software and it helps you get every task you need done. When you create a document there are options to save your document to docx,pdf, text, odt, rft, and html. Many programs that I have used in the past don't allow me to save my document to the file saving...

Cons

This office suite is one of the best and the only thing I think could help it would be just to keep advancing it. It's already really good. Just keep on updating it. =)

It brings great efficiencies when working with a loose distributed team of people with one common community regular activity.

Pros

Clear and Easy to use Office applications solution for small or medium businesses with no IT staff. OnlyOffice is a great managed application leaving just users, roles and folder organisation to the portal owner to define. The office applications are solid replicas of Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Meaning, the interface will be familiar to most. You also get CRM, team blogging and project management...

Cons

None really. If you are of an organised mind, this solution will be relatively quick and simple to set up.

It worked for me!

I used ONLYOFFICE through my university, who used the software for their email portal, among other things. In general, the software seemed to cope easily and efficiently with this limited level of function, and, having now graduated, I would be happy to use the software again at a later date, perhaps to explore its other possible functions.

Pros

Accessibility on a number of platforms. Smart, efficient interface with minimal interference to functioning - I was often able to give no thought to *how* I was accessing my work or emails.

Cons

The app I was using on my phone linked only to the login portal for my university email account, meaning that most of the time I had to type my details in to access my emails. It seemed as if the infrastructure between softwares was limited - I could have saved some energy by not having to type my address and password in each time.

A tool that cannot be missing in the Google Drive suite

I often use the pc to write and I happen to use the Office tools. However, I often need to save the material on Drive and when I don't have a PC and I need to change something in the files uploaded to Google Drive, OnlyOffice is the only tool that allows me to do this.

Pros

The peculiarity of this extension is precisely that of being able to code correctly, the extensions of Office files such as docx, xlsx, etc. This makes it very useful to upload these files to Drive and edit them directly on Drive itself, without the need to create additional documents in the Google Drive format.

Cons

Compatibility could be improved especially for Excel, which some formulas are not loaded correctly. For the rest it's just fine.

This review was translated from Italian. Read original review

Impressive web office & online document processing

After a month of using ONLYOFFICE I've decided to drop a line about what it is. ONLYOFFICE is a neatly organized web office suite for corporate communication. It contains a usable project management system with all necessary tools including Gantt Chart, and a convenient CRM. In general, it allows you to have your entire office in the cloud with a diverse range of facilities making communication between...

Pros

A wide range of facilities for business needs, handy feature-rich online document editors, mail client integrated with calendar and CRM.

Cons

Unfortunately for IOS only document editors are available. If I want to l look through my CRM contacts I need to use a browser apart from application.

Onlyoffice changed they way we work

onlyoffice was a success story from the very beginning. Easy integration, a perfect tool but most off all: an absolutely great customer support. We had some minor issues with the integration into Alfresco but the support team managed to solve it within days. A feature request was also realized on the fly. What a great, great service. Onlyoffice was the last piece in the puzzle to gain independence from the big tec companies. No google, no microsoft, no apple. We are free!

Pros

Onlyoffice was very easy to install and implement with our existing Alfresco dms. The users had no problems to adapt and accepted the new tool immediately. After a view days we didn't know how we were able to work without onlyoffice at all. The possibility to work together on the same document at the same time was a big plus.

Cons

There are no cons so far. We've had a minor issue with the integration into Alfresco but that was solved within day by the support team.

It Keeps Me Organized

The software does a lot for the price. I find it very useful in keeping on top of my clients. It does require discipline to keep adding things, but it is mostly easy to use. There are little quirks to it, but nothing that makes it unworkable.

Pros

Keeps track of clients throughout the entire process from the moment I make initial contact to the point where I receive payment. Interfaces w/ my Gmail Great projects features> I organize projects and then can keep associated contacts and documents. Wonderful invoice feature

Cons

Does NOT interface with my own email system. Must use gmail or other established providers Word processing is clunky & hard to export. When I copy in or out of it, it does not include hot links The various components are not fully integrated.

OnlyOffice Personal - Great for Chrome OS & CloudReady

Easy-to-use, free and great interface!

Pros

I've been using OnlyOffice Personal for couple years with my Acer ChromeBook 11 and CloudReady Desktop at Home for couple years now. I like having access to all my Cloud Storage such as Dropbox and Google Drive.

Cons

OnlyOffice Personal Extension seems to work on some of my machines. Offline Editing would be great feature (if possible).

Hello Daniel! Thanks so much for this great feedback. Regarding your suggestion about offline work - you can try ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors. The desktop app already has the same new interface as the online solutions.

OnlyOffice: online, cloud-based collaboration on documents, spreadsheets and presentations

OnlyOffice is, essentially, an online editor for text documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Instead of having to edit such files in slow desktop applications, OnlyOffice allows me to edit them directly in the browser while collaborating with my friends and colleagues.

Pros

I think these are the main advantages of OnlyOffice: 1. It's completely online and cloud-based. OnlyOffice runs entirely in the cloud; there are no slow desktop applications and sending revisions over email. I can edit all my documents directly in the browser and collaborate in real time with my friends and colleagues. 2. It's cross-platform. Since it runs directly in the browser, you can use OnlyOffice in any device that has one. There are also standalone desktop versions. 3. It's free for personal use. That's a really good value for what it offers.

Cons

These are the main disadvantages of OnlyOffice: 1. It's expensive. When used in a corporate environment, the prices charged for OnlyOffice can accumulate quickly depending on how many users will use it. 2. It's not simple do deploy. Deploying your own instance of OnlyOffice is not a simple task; it requires some knowledge about networks and server administration.

Exactly what we've been looking for

Being able to utilize real-time collaborative editing while avoiding the cloud.

Pros

We work mostly with a single client who uses Excel for most of their processes. Productivity massively improves when we can work on these spreadsheets collaboratively in real-time. However, our client (very reasonably) requires that none of their data is stored in the cloud, so using a service like Google Docs or Office 365 is out of the question. Being able to host OnlyOffice directly on our internal servers is huge. Our employees have been singing the program's praises ever since we rolled it out - it's much easier to use than Sharepoint, where we have to take turns checking out documents. We're also very pleased with the technical support. Our questions have always been answered promptly, and issues are diagnosed quickly.

Cons

It's still missing some of the advanced features that some of our users like to use in Excel. Pivot Tables and Slicers are a big one. It's also more difficult to sort data in a spreadsheet after it's been uploaded to OnlyOffice. However, we know that OnlyOffice remains under active development, so we're looking forward to enhanced functionality in the future.

Only Office review

I mainly use this for online editing of documents , and have been using it for years now and would recommended to anyone as it is simple and easy to use and gets the job done quickly .

Pros

It is great for editing documents online What I like most is the new feature where you can easily access your documents from anywhere , which is very convenient, and eliminates the hassle of travelling everywhere with your USB flashdrive. It is also quite useful on devices where you might have limited storage or you are running out of storage.

Cons

It might have limited editing capabilities to some people, when it comes to editing your documents online,. It really depends on what you are using it for

Almost every thing I could ask for

I travel and have a small Chromebook for notes and spreadsheets and correspondence. I tried MS Word online, Google Docs, WPS, Polaris, and LibreOffice, and none of them seemed to fit my needs as well as ONLYOFFICE.

Pros

The layout, the wide range of functions, the similarity to MS Word (but with some features not found in Word).

Cons

It's occasionally a little slow in opening. And it won't allow me to save to Dropbox (I have to save documents to ONLYOFFICE online and then move them to Dropbox). Those are the only two drawbacks I can think of, and the second is probably a glitch that can be fixed if I would contact their customer support.

we use it for our non profit organization, we are very happy with only office. its easy to set up

its make our organization working

Pros

easy to use. in different language. the office products and easy to send emails also to make groups and and the database is very good.

Cons

the talk version, its not possible to chat our discuss via android app same is that you can not consult you email via mobile devise app our mobile website. ones you have send you email acound , your own domain name its not possible to consult it via a other way.