PestPac Reviews

PestPac

Field service software for pest control businesses

PestPac

We used it for 4 years, and mostly it was just frustrating.

Pros

I like the reporting functions. I like the integration with collections and credit card processing. The mobile app is great, however expensive.

Cons

We have used pestpac for the last four years. First setting up the software was a nightmare. We had to spend weeks of our time to fill in so many back end options that most could have been set to defaults instead of making us build it all from scratch. Every time that a new feature came out we would think the feature looked awesome. Then after shelling out a ton of money for each individual feature...

Very efficient.

Pros

"I've been using PestPac since 2004 and have experienced many many changes and upgrades. Marathon Data and Work Wave do an excellent job of keeping PestPac efficient in maintaining industry specific records and reporting with continuous upgrades and listening to the suggestions of their customers who have used the program long term."

Cons

I feel like at times I know the program better than the customer service agents but that has come from many years of experience with PestPac.

PestPac Review

Overall experience is good. It operates exactly as we need it to

Pros

I like the efficiency of it. Also the "User Friendly" program style

Cons

Only the Dynamic List section of the software. This should be made to be a bit more specific.

Without Pest Pac, we wouldn't be the company we are.

Pros

Without Pest Pac, there would be no way we could manage our current Workforce. Our small office staff of 3 people would never be able to route new services, dispatch emergency calls and handle our $1.5M+ business. It is easily scale-able; so as we grow, so does our Pest Pac software.

Cons

I feel they are a bit behind in the native app development. Not in comparison to other pest control software....just in general. The current version is only 2 years in the making and I think that this is about 5 years behind the curve. It's great as is, but I wish they were farther along.

Worth a try

Sometimes the software is great and some times it's the opposite

Pros

I like most that this software has multiple functions in one place

Cons

I like least that when this software updates it changes multiple things with no warning

Adequate system for smaller businesses

PestPac has a lot of thought and effort put into it and it helps get the job done. It is mostly geared toward small companies who lack the capabilities to do custom software design. It works as a basic ERP in the sense that it does field service as well as billing. It links to quickbooks if you prefer an external billing system but quite frankly I think you'd be better off saving the money and just...

PestPac

For the most part, it is easy to learn to use and accurate.

Pros

On line based-can use from anywhere. Searching capabilities; adding accounts and posting.

Cons

Just cannot get some info on requested reports

The PestPac platform is an end to end solution for the business.

Pros

The ability to drill down in the data is great. The program is easy to use day to day, and offers many features to control the business. The new native mobile application is the future.

Dan's Review

As a relatively new user I have been very happy with how easy the system is to use. It is user friendly and is able to in most cases quickly provide me with needed data. It also makes scheduling easier and tracking both finances and people a breeze.

Pros

It is very user friendly. I was able to adapt to the software very quickly with minimal training.

Cons

Sometimes the report writer gets a bit buggy and will not produce reports very quickly.

Hi Dan - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

PestPac review

I do like PestPac and think it is a good software. Some improvements to make more user friendly would be nice.

Pros

The way it stores customer information.

Cons

It would be nice if it was more user friendly.

work

Pros

I like that its easy to use and also to understand.

Cons

There is not very much options to send out letters to only certain customers. need to print and send them out.

Best pest control software

We love PestPac do to anytime we need help with the program you're always there to back us up and walk us thru the program. It's nice to have a company that answers the call for help right away!"

Pros

Cons

Nothing it's great company to work with

Pest Control Work

Works great and I will continue to use it. Makes my day go by smoother and not get carpal tunnel in the process. :).

Pros

I use PestPac on a day by day basis to make it easier than writing EPA #'s, product names, customers name, addresses, payment, etc. It works great for my kind of work.

Cons

-Can't really use the graph on the Termite Graph to draw a straight line or angle on my tablet.

Hi Bud - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Pestpac software for pest control company

Overall it has been a good investment. Knowledge of the software is the key.

Pros

Easy invoicing, posting, and emailing. Great selection of reports; Keeps track of chemical use, which is very helpful whereas I will need an end of year report for the Maine Dept. of Agriculture. Mobile friendly.

Cons

It took me awhile to understand the basics; I have not grown beyond that. Complicated....We haven't had the time to use all the data the is available to us . I would like to get tips to help us expand out knowledge of the software.

PestPac For Newbies

I honestly like PestPac overall. It is very easy to use and it makes our job a lot easier.

Pros

I love how easy it was to learn. I'm not familiar with all of the things it does, but for the most part, I can maneuver through the program really well. I love that I can access it on my phone when I'm not in the office too.

Cons

I work as an office admin, not as a manager. Therefore, I don't have all of the options to alter things like she would. There are some things I wish PestPac would office. For instance, I wish there were a lock and confirm button. I wish the notifications popped up on the order in the scheduling area. I wish you had the ability to add a note when sending an invoice. It may be possible, but I would like to add the customers name to the call ahead screen. We can see the address and phone number, but not their name.

Easy To Use

Pros

The product pretty much has everything you need on the main screen, such as the customer history, open service orders, future service orders and also cancellations. The e-mail capability actually works for sending notices or reports. The customer service so far has been great. I also like the map location being right on the main screen when you bring up the address which is very helpful. There is a very quick response for any questions or help needed.

Cons

I am a fairly new customer to the program, but so far I am very pleased with their customer support, which I think is a very important factor, so therefore there is nothing negative I can say about the vendor. There is a lot of back end entry that you need to enter, but I find that I enter it as needed. For example county codes that need to populate, or chemicals tied into a particular service. Other than that I cannot really cannot find anything I don't like about the program.

I recommend PestPac to every pest control company

Benefit is we can call anytime for assistance and we have been able to streamline a bunch of different parts of the business. Has made a big impact on the company.

Pros

It’s a great software and you can build it however you want. The amount of convienence this software provides is amazing.

Cons

There are still so many pieces I have t experienced yet. It’s a very robust system. That’s a good and bad thing.

Hi Addie - Thank you for the positive review, we are happy you are finding success with PestPac!

If you are in pest industry you need pestpac

Five out of ten

Pros

Numerous reports configured many different ways

Cons

Does not have accounting software that makes it easy to pull a P & L

Money well spent

Pros

The training for this software was done on a weekly basis. All questions where handled with ease. This software frees up a lot of time by eliminating A lot of paper work. Pest pac has thought of everything when it comes to managing pest control accounts.

Cons

I love everything about this software, I wish I had purchased it two years ago. From the training to set up the accounts to the ongoing Customer support this company is great

Awesome industry related software

Customer support has always been great! They will help you resolve any issues that you may have or even if you made a mistake, they help you fix it! I would highly recommend this software.

Pros

Everything you need in one place. Calling, texting, emailing and scheduling...easy as 1-2-3! Customer support is outstanding as well.

Cons

Great software, not user friendly, and Expensive

Pros

It has most options and items under one roof offers many functions that you can learn as you need them

Cons

It sends invoices to customers as soon as invoices are released. Customers receive invoices that htey have paid at service time but credit cards post second and are not applied at time of release and emails going out. We get a lot of customers telling us they paid already, why are we getting this email etc. saying we owe?? frustrating!!! their route opt feature is not user friendly and very expensive

Pest Pac

Pros

Easy to maneuver and self explanatory.

Cons

Some customer service isn't trained fully on the system.

Business Optimization

Pros

I have been using Pestpac for nearly 15 years. I have suggested a few upgrades and have seen a few of those implemented over the years. However, for the most part, Pestpac is way ahead of the curve in implementation of new processes, many of which I have incorporated into my business.

Cons

My biggest difficulty over the years has been their phone hours. I am west coast so they close at 2pm my time and we have once in a while needed assistance after that time.

PestPac use

Customer tracking. Tracking lead sources and close rates.

Pros

Ease in scheduling; access to customer information including past service history, billing, etc. Easy to use screens to quickly provide customer feedback.

Cons

Corrective accounting is cumbersome for me.

Single owner operator

Overall very satisfied with my decision to use PestPac. Looking forward to seeing what they will bring to the future.

Pros

About 6 months into using the software and very pleased with the results so far. My customers are liking it as well. Being totally paperless makes life so much easier.

Cons

Maybe some of the back door functionality could be easier to use. Sometimes it’s hard to remember where to find some of the functions.