PowerDMS Logo

One platform to manage your workforce cycle

PowerDMS Reviews - Page 6

JL

Jessica L.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

Easy tracking of employee completed review and training.

Pros

Being able to reach all employees with training at one time without inundating them with emails. The ability to use different methods also keeps training from becoming mundane.

Cons

Has taken me quite some time to become familiar with many of the functions. I was not part of the implementation team and our use of this program has grown beyond its original intent.

JB

Jeff B.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

easy to use and well supported

better file and document management

Pros

I like the ease of use so much better than using paper files. The support is great and can often answer my own questions by using the help menu and printed resources.

Cons

I do not like the 20 minute time out and sometimes I lose the support tech with the chat line. having trouble uploading video and audio files, seems to only accept MP-4

EG

Emily G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great Software!

This is a great product. It will change the whole way a company or organization processes and handles policies. The customer support is fantastic as well! Highly recommended.

Pros

Streamlines policy management, training, and reduces the need for paper. I also really like that it is a tracking database for archived and current policies. My favorite feature might be the side-by-side comparisons of former and current policies, it is VERY handy.

Cons

Though the search bar continues to develop, if anything, that has been a tool that at times I have struggled to properly utilize.

Mc

Michael c.

Great Product

Pros

Everything about this program is great. It can house a variety of forms and policies, help create trackable work flows for policy review, etc.

Cons

some things can be difficult to locate or navigate but the help of PowerDms University always helps and explains things

JB

Jessica B.

Law Enforcement, 1-10 employees

Pros

Everything. It’s great. Really great. Yes.

Cons

The least is the amount it cost for some agencies.

EP

Ed P.

Awesome Product!

We use Power DMS every day. Our entire policy manual is in the system. It allows for accountability and quick reference for field personnel. We also use the training module to push important training out to the officers. It saves time and money. The ability to have all of our important documents and training available for access anytime anywhere is invaluable. Thank you Power DMS!

Pros

Easy to use. The options are only limited by your imagination.

Cons

Nothing!

VE

Veronica E.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Best online service

PowerDMS is absolutely the best. I love the features of being able to upload training material and assigning it to employees. I can keep up with all of their certificates and their due dates. Not to mention the document storage. The paperless options is great. This program is a must buy for your agency.

Pros

Document storage and editing, training features, standard assessment modules, certificates, etc.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like right now

MR

Michael R.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

Once established, it brings all your agencies documents to one area, plus works for CE delivery.

All policies housed in one area, with the capability of getting signatures as well as verifying understanding of policies through testing.

Pros

I can keep documents in one area. People can look up policies on the go with the mobile apps. I like that classes can also be completed.

Cons

The learning curve of getting everything out of the software that you want. There are too many steps to get things done. The software is Not very user-friendly. It is difficult to train others how to use the software. The apps are lacking, all you can do is view policies.

NC

Nioka C.

PowerDMS has made my job much easier!

Pros

The ease of use and that there are so many helpful videos. Uploading new documents is a breeze, creating tests is simple and efficient and proving compliance is made easy with this system.

Cons

There is a time-out feature of only 20 minutes, which is cumbersome to users that are needing to keep the system open for searching policies and procedures at a glance.

WD

Wendy D.

It is an easy to use software program, and cloud based. Employees pick it up quick

Pros

The training and document components. I like that I can add a powerpoint on training and have the officer complete that training while in thier patrol car.

Cons

I would like more progress done in the training component. Sometimes when I create a course it does not work as expected. However, when I have an issue I contact customer support and they help me.

AM

Ann Marie A.

Law Enforcement, 5,001-10,000 employees

Powerdms is A+

Pros

Convenience and manageable and user friendly

Cons

Nothing I love it all and recommend it

RL

Rachel L.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

Foolproof

Pros

Very easy to use. Easy to train end users.

Cons

More in depth how to training for end users

AW

Antonio W.

Game changing product

Great

Pros

Multi-ops and ease of use. Great product

Cons

I don’t have any negatives at this time.

DA

Dan A.

Easy to Use Software for Messaging and Policy Enforcment

Pros

Easy to use interface, lots of features to suit all types of industries. I really love that fact that certain documents need to be signed, or that timers can be added to videos or documents to ensure that they are watched or viewed prior to being marked as complete.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much that dislike about the software.

HP

Heather P.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

PowerDMS Review

We have been using PowerDMS in our agency for almost 5 years. It is slow for everyone to get used to because they don't use it every day. I do use it every day and it is very easy to use. The customer service agents are excellent. I like that you can chat with someone on their website. I can't always make a phone call and some times it is easier to just converse that way.

Pros

Easy to use. Convenient to have all of your documents in one place.

BG

Brenda G.

I LOVE my PiwerDMS.

Accreditation files are easy to keep up-to-date, employee signatures for policies and training records are easily accessed.

Pros

There are so many advantages to using PowerDMS. The assessment module has made keeping accreditation files up-to-date so much more efficient.

Cons

We didn't purchase it until 2012. If they would add a timekeeping and a personnel module it would be perfect.

LI

Lisa I.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

PowerDMS makes life easy when dealing with training, accreditation and policy.

I used PowerDMS to accomplish my state of Florida accreditation as well as the national accreditation with American Correctional Association, without the ease of the program I fully believe this task would have taken a much longer time to accomplish.

Pros

Its easy.

Cons

There isn't anything I can really complain about. If there is something that isn't working properly sometimes it is a browser issue that I can easily just toggle between.

RI

Ray I.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Power DMS for me.

I retired from a county Police Dept of 1,200 officers and we used DMS for CALEA and all documents. I was hired by a smaller city of just 47 officers and use it for the State Certification and all documents. We will soon expand DMS use to all city employees . The IT and support have been the best part of using DMS each time I call or email theirs an answer.

Pros

The support.

Cons

The training section is cumbersome (or maybe I just haven't learned enough yet?)

SM

Sharmel M.

Why PowerDMS

User Friendly

Pros

I like that the employees can compare policy revisions and the ability to have documents or certifications at their fingertips.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I don't like about the product. At the beginning it was difficult to grasp. With the tools provided and support problems were alleviated quickly.

KD

Kathy D.

Has helped us streamline a lot of our processes for compliance and has moved us away from paper.

Pros

Has made my job easier and everything is located in one place. Training is now conducted in the software and is able to be tracked. Now that everything is electronic, nothing is lost.

Cons

The time it took to upload and set everything up. They did offer to upload the policies for us, but we needed to clean them up before we uploaded them.

LW

Laura W.

Great tool for documentation and accreditation

Great document management for accreditation and for storing training certificates. I love not having paper!

Pros

Ease of having accreditation standards on the tool - just have to attach items and highlight the appropriate sections in order to meet the requirements

Cons

Lack of tools to make training more interactive - can't upload swf files or interactive adobe presenter presentations

RB

Richard B.

Law Enforcement, 1,001-5,000 employees

We've used PowerDMS for about 3 years now and after a brief learning curve, I would be lost without.

Manages our policies/procedures and our accreditation process.

Pros

I like the ability to manage our department's directives and procedures in a one stop application. From the officers reviewing policies on an annual basis and putting out updates or new policies, PowerDMS makes reaching everyone and documenting that they got it, an easier task than what we did before.

Cons

Using PowerDMS for the first time was a challenge for me. Getting everything set-up was difficult at first, but customer service was available.

sm

stuart m.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

I started as a user and am now the administrator. I am constantly learning about new capabilities.

Pros

My department is spread over 8 locations. PowerDMS allows us to share documents and information quickly. I also like that I can track changes and edits along the way.

Cons

There isn't much a\I don't like about it. The struggle is getting firefighters to actually log in and check it. Once they do, they don't have a problem using the software.

GM

Greg M.

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

Customer support rivals anyone else! Product is solid and functions as expected.

More efficient use of my time.

Pros

Ease of use and this makes the job of maintaining accreditation files extremely efficient. The web based product is easy to modify, and results in a professional work product.

Cons

Learning curve can be challenging, but it is not impossible. The "Help" menu is extremely easy to navigate and the videos are fantastic.

LS

Lindsay S.

PowerDMS

Pros

PowerDMS makes the accreditation/certification process much easier and more environmentally friendly. I especially like the ability to copy documents from previous assessments into new assessments.

Cons

I don't like that the highlighting feature can't highlight specific sentences, rather than the full area of the paragraph.