ProShop Logo
ProShop

ERP system integrated with MES, QMS & more for manufacturing

visit website

ProShop Reviews - Page 3

this ERP software doesn't work in "theory" it just works. Amazing. It literally saved my business.

Pros

It is POWERFUL yet simple. I also really enjoy the people behind the software. Best software support we have had to date.

Cons

I don't like that the software doesn't have a button to press to eject people that don't follow easy to understand/follow pro-shop rules out of my building. : )

Thanks for your review Matt! We've really enjoyed working with you and your team. You guys have an amazing company there!

Tried it out

Once we stream line the software we would be very please to see how we can use it to help our shop.

Pros

The software does have a nice design. We can see it being a replacement for our current software. We would sill try it out before switching.

Cons

As of now we have no reason not to go for it. We need to finish off our old contract with our current provider.

Thanks for the review Paul! We're glad you liked the trial. We look forward to talking with you when the time comes. Thanks, The ProShop Team

Shop Manager

This is the first shop management software that I have used. Being web based, it easy to navigate and gets the results we require. The customer support has been great. They are always willing to make changes to met the needs of our company and are always willing to do training sessions when needed.

Cons

Hi Steve. So glad you've found your first experience with ERP to be so great with ProShop. It makes our day! We appreciate working with you!

ProShop Review

Pros

It is pretty easy to learn. Not much of a learning curve with this. Saves you a lot of time in the end as well by eliminating paper trails

Cons

The interface is a little too much, needs to be a bit cleaner. Sometimes it can be hard to find what you are looking for, but that is just part of the learning curve

ProShop Software

Overall experience has been positive. I would highly recommend this software to any company small or large who want an easy to use software the will make them more efficient and better.

Pros

The software is very user friendly for people at all levels of the organization. The single software manages all aspects of our manufacturing company beginning with estimating and ending with invoicing. It is completely paperless and eliminates many unneeded man hours for tasks like data entry or collecting out of rev prints from the shop floor. It also manages our entire QMS to ensure compliance...

Cons

I really don't have any cons to list. If I had to list one thing for improvement it would be to have just a little more flexibility of category fields in the estimating module so I could adopt costing for the composites industry easier. That being said, my implementation specialist was able to help me come up with some work arounds to accomplish what I need.

Hi Jeff, You've made our day over here in the office! Thank you for this great review. Helping companies like yours is exactly why we're so excited to come to work every day. It's our mission and our passion to lift up manufacturers like Fort Ord Works - the backbone of our economy. You'll be excited about some new features we're coming out with this year specifically for composites companies. Stay tuned. And we'd love to get your feedback on them and how to make them better. Cheers and thanks again! The ProShop Team

ProShop: integral to our growth

It sounds like a line from a trade journal article, but ProShop is the 3rd ERP system our company has implemented. After 18 months of use, we can honestly say this is the best ERP solution our team has ever used.

Pros

As many ERP systems should do, ProShop puts organizational, operational, project and part information in a central repository. One of ProShop's strengths is 'process workflows' that really work.

Cons

ProShop is continuing to improve the online help files. However, the guided implementation process and support (email, video conference, phone, etc.) are the best we've found in the complex software world.

Jared, It's been an honor and a pleasure to work with you and your team. Thank you so much for your review. It's feedback like this that makes our work meaningful and excited to go to work every day. We'll share this with our whole team and toast you at our next virtual happy hour! Cheers and thank you again! The ProShop Team

If you designed software yourself, based on your every manufacturing need.....it would be ProShop.

I spent many years designing my own Excel routers, and cost estimation tools, and quote forms. Linking all these items together via master documents, and storing them in share folders.....it worked....but it wasn't ProShop. ProShop is exactly what I would have created if I knew how to develop software, beyond my Excel mastery.

Pros

Navigation from within the software is absolutely ridiculously easy and efficient. Many times I've been showing something to a colleague and they'd say "wow, I didn't know you could get to that screen so easily". Everything is tied together in so many ways. No more do I have to jump between multiple different sofwares, or file types, or locations, to handle estimates/quotes, orders, MFG procedures, inspections, quality documentation, and processes/procedures (Tasks).

Cons

Integration with QuickBooks has been a struggle.

Wow, thank you so much for your review, Phil!! We will get someone on the team to reach out regarding the QuickBooks integration.

Regret

Not satisfied and frustrated.

Pros

The software includes many features that are difficult to navigate.

Cons

Proshop is complicated to implement. It is not intuitive. Support has gone drastically downhill since we purchased 18 months ago. Easy tasks take way too long to accomplish. Training new employees is very time consuming and frustrating for everyone involved. The help menu is almost worthless. The software has many glitches you have to learn to deal with.

Hi Luke, We're sorry that your experience hasn't been excellent. As you know, our team has been reaching out to you often to try to solve the issues you've been having. We've met, talked or responded to you on evenings and weekends, provided many hours of free training, phone calls, links to help topics, video training, and more. When we audited your system, it's actually impressive how much...

ProShop: Our Competitive Advantage

The product is fantastic, and the support is even better. The sheer depth of ProShop and it's ability to handle complex manufacturing situations is amazing. They seem to have thought of everything.

Pros

ProShop is the basis on which our company is built. From Day One, RXI implemented Proshop to help us obtain and maintain ISO:9000, AS9100 and ISO:13485 working standards and certification. The way ProShop works for our business is definitely our competitive advantage. We know EXACTLY what it is going to cost us to make the customer's product and we can decide, based on several factors, how we want to price the work. When it's all done, we know how well we did.

Cons

It would be nice to have a CRM built in.

Thank you so much for your review, Tom! We really appreciate it!

ProShop the Professionals

We switched from another ERP software that was really complicated and misleading . It would take me 30 plus minutes to process an order and enter it for the production team to see, but with ProShop it takes me minutes to have everything relating to the order entered and sent to the production guys. I use ProShop during 90% of my day, and it makes my job so much easier and worry free!

Pros

The creators of this software knew exactly what a user would be looking for in an ERP/CRM software. Everything about this software was easy to understand and quick to follow. The online help tool allows for the user to look for the answer(and usually find it) before contacting support. The work order and Customer PO modules are extremely detailed and allows for all information to be entered and easily accessible. Ordering COTS items with the Vendor PO module is a breeze, and only takes seconds! The simplicity yet details of the software is what really makes it the best tool for our team. I love that ProShop has the ability to store so much information within its modules, and makes it easy for the whole team to follow along an order and know exactly what is going on and when.

Cons

There are so many modules and components to the software that it did take a a couple implementation and training meetings to fully understand the software, but the implementation team and trainers really made the process easy for our team.

Thank you SO much for this review Nichole! It thrills us that you love ProShop so much and that it helps make your day more efficient and productive. It's our mission to help companies like yours thrive, so our team will be so happy to hear this review! Thanks for taking the time to write this!! We appreciate you. The ProShop Team

Proshop was the best decision we ever made.

I found ProShop back in 2018 and helped their 7th client implement in their facility. I did the same thing again at the shop I currently work at in 2020 and couldn't be happier.

Pros

The web interface is the most noticeable improvement over our previous system. The quick and easy navigation and customization is 2nd.

Cons

I am red/green color blind deficient and some of the colors they use are so close it is hard for me to tell the difference. I have full confidence they will find a way to fix my problem even though it is minor and insignificant to the majority.

Thank you so much, Jon!!

ProShop for wire harnesses

It is a lot of upfront work but really speeds the repeat orders. It has speed up our Quality Audits.

Pros

The quality standard, manual, tasks and training all link together. Document control is a big help. Equipment list to track maintenance and calibration.

Cons

Needs a lot of updating from machining needs to wire harness needs. We have not been able to link our request for quote through our website into ProShop. We need to manually input them.

Thank you so much for your review, Rene!!

Proshop is the best software to become AS9100 certified

Customer service and implementation has been fantastic. Most software companies worry about the sale and leave out to dry after you are bought in. Going on 2 years and we have the same support as we did at day 1.

Pros

Once you start integrating your process into the software the system becomes easier to use over time. It keeps the entire company connected on all tasks and jobs.

Cons

It is a very daunting software when you first begin but once you start using it gets easier

Thank you for your review, Tom, we really appreciate it!

ProShop changed my shop.

Support is phenomenal.

Pros

ProShop is the total package for a machine shop. It has helped transform our business. We went paperless on the shop floor and everything is done at the machine. Everything is available anytime, anywhere.

Cons

Our shop didn’t implement ProShop earlier.

Thank you so much, Steve!!

THE Best ERP System on the Market - Period

Very smooth and easy implementation, our ProShop trainer/implementor was great to work with and implementation went VERY quickly, we were live on estimating and quoting in the first 2 weeks, were able to see our quoting get more accurate (You can measure that in the system when you win business) and for us to be able to handle 3x the number of quotes with the same staff. The team at ProShop are always there for us, a great group of professionals that support us exceptionally well

Pros

We replaced a lot of highly customized spreadsheets and white boards with ProShop, I have written ERP packages for a living, implemented SAP and Oracle as well as some mid range ERP's and ProShop is hands down THE BEST I have ever come across. We ran an extensive review process of everything out there and nothing came close in the demo's to ProShops capabilities and ease of use. It's just intuative,...

Cons

No Cons Whatsoever - I'd take the exact same decision to implement ProShop in a heartbeat without hesitation as it revolutionized our business - allowing us to do 3x the work with the same staff

Thank you so much for the review, Phil!!

An excellent ERP for job shops.

I think it is an excellent piece of software. If you are a small to mid sized manufacturing company in a highly regulated industry, I doubt you'll find anything better. This software just solves so many headaches that other companies probably don't even think about. Examples of things which can save a lot of time including features like the automatic generation of first article inspection reports and automatic retrieval of product documentation (e.g., material/processing certs). I highly recommend this software.

Pros

This software was designed from the ground up by machinists for machinists. As such, they have an intimate knowledge of the problems machinists face and the software solutions that can help solve those problems. If you are a small to medium sized job shop in a highly regulated industry, I doubt you will find anything better.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot of guardrails built into the system to prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot (e.g., input validation). If you are not careful, you can break links between records or enter data in an incorrect format. For the most part, ProShop silently ignores incorrectly formatted input, which can affect system behavior. There are also some system behaviors that aren't totally transparent...

Thank you so much for your review, Tyler!

The ERP System You Will Love!

ProShop is a seamless ERP system that you will grow to love. ProShop was designed by and for machinists and it truly shows. I could not imagine a better system for a high-caliber machine shop that needs to meet the stringent requirements of AS9100/ISO9001.

Pros

Real-time, accessible data. Data is at one's fingertips! Job status can easily be reviewed and reported back to the customer with confidence. With a simple query search, one can easily glean off of past jobs for production times, out of pocket costs, setup information, etc. the list goes on. Another aspect would be understanding shop capacity and schedule. This is key to meeting growing customer expectations...

Cons

N/A If I must, I would request that Adion consider looking into developing a 'RFQ Module'. Currently, I track and manage RFQ's outside of ProShop.

Wow Andrew! We're humbled by your review and it gives our team so much positive energy to get this feedback! It's been a true pleasure to work with you as well for all these years. Keep up the great work at IDL! Thanks Again! The ProShop Team

ProShop turned Dynamic Balance Machine into a Pro-Shop.

Implementation was easy. The ProShop team was amazing in getting us up to speed incredibly fast. When we receive a re-order from a customer we are able to process parts in the same manner they were processed a year earlier. It is so easy to input information about a process, operation, fixtures, tooling, material, etc... that you can produce a part nearly identical to an original order right down to the details listed on the work order. Being able to instantly access information relevant to your job function is a game changer not only to employees, but to running and growing a successful machine shop. We could not have done it without ProShop.

Pros

Visibility. The biggest thing I like about ProShop is that I am able to see across all machining cells what jobs are being currently processed. I can see from multiple dashboards what is ready for outside processing, ready to inspect, ready to ship to the customer and what has been invoiced. I love that all of the information about a work order is accessible with in the click of a mouse. The other thing I really like is that a Quality Management System is so easy to maintain being built right into ProShop.

Cons

The thing that I least like about ProShop is that we put all this information in the system and we want to be able to customize part labels based on my customers requirements. If we could have this feature available to us we wouldn't have any complaints. This feature request is one that we can't wait to get our hands on.

Ben, Ben Ben!! We are so thrilled to get your review!! Holy smokes! Thank you for your thoughts and spending the time to share them here. Wow, we are so happy for you and how ProShop has positively affected your business. This what makes building ProShop so rewarding for us. We hear you on the labels and we will reach out to get your feedback on specifically what you need. Thank you very much again! The ProShop Team

Best Investment For Company

Our On-time delivery has increased 30-40% believe it or not. Employees are actually INVOLVED with the QMS because it's all there. We actually have machinists filling out NCR's when the problem happens. And filling out detailed reports with pictures. We find out about the problem instantaneous. There are constant areas in the shop where we can't believe how we were operating before. The integration between all the modules from Estimating, to Orders, to Preventative Maintenance, to the Quality module is so deep it's mind blowing! ProShop has been a total gamechanger for us!

Pros

The TOTAL integration of the company. We were having to use our old ERP plus excel reports, plus gage management software, our own created pdf forms, calibration software. Proshop has combined all of this into one! There is 1 place for employees to go to for EVERYTHING! I have actually locked down our network server more because employees only need to access Proshop now for Quality Manauals, Procedures, Work instructions, drawings, inspection reports, Employee Manuals, training, etc. It's all in there and it's all digital. We have gone 100% paperless!

Cons

There really is nothing to dislike. There are features I would love to see but that's only going to make the software better! It took us a year to evaluate the software until we finally made the decision to switch. I'm just upset we didn't switch sooner.

Kody! Holy smokes man! We are jumping for joy over here. 30-40% improvement in on-time delivery is HUGE. Congratulations to your whole team! (and your customers!) We're honored to have played a roll in helping you achieve that. Thank you so much for the heartfelt words about ProShop. It's those kinds of results that make us so excited to do what we do everyday. Congrats again and thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Warmest Regards! The ProShop Team

FLUID AND ORGANIZED

We have resolved any traceability issues by utilizing the uploading feature for all part level drawings, models, and PLs. The more I use Proshop, the more I realize how flexible the system is. There are multiple ways to achieve the same outcome. You can form the software to fit your business needs.

Pros

Proshop organizes every aspect of our company. Traceability and overall accuracy are of most importance. With multiple levels of quality control (including check lists and document verification), Proshop provides security and confidence in our work. The fluidity of each module and their relationship to each other is intuitive.

Cons

In the beginning, Proshop was a dramatic change from our previously disorganized system. We have learned to approach things differently, in a more efficient way with Proshop. Any complaints I may have are easily resolved with research and practice. We have only explored 60% of Proshop's capabilities. We are looking forward to the future.

Hi Jonathan, Wow, man! Thank you for this amazing review. So happy to hear we're helping you get organized and do more with less. The culture shift you're experiencing is HUGE! That's the real game changer and we're so happy to hear that happening for your team. Have fun with the remaining 40% and let us know how we can help. Make sure you're coming to the monthly webinars and continuing to learn from us and other shops in the network on what's worked best for them. Thanks again! The ProShop Team

Just what we needed!

Working with ProShop has been a great experience. Multiple members of the team were there to help during training and implementation. All questions and roadblocks were handled in an expedited manner.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, there are hyperlinks everywhere to easily jump to information pertaining to the screen you are currently using. The software allows tracking for all processes throughout a job and eliminates much of the scrambling that is present in quick turn prototyping. Absolutely all of our needs are met in this software and more. The team was also great in implementing our cloud based server on Amazon Gov cloud to help us meet ITAR data security requirements.

Cons

No con's that outside of minor personal preference.

Thank you for this review Jason!! We aim to make the onboarding process fast and smooth and we're glad we hit he mark with you! We'll keep making ProShop even better than it is today and look forward to a long partnership with you and your company! Thanks, The ProShop Team

Proshop has helped us work on the right project at the right time.

We have had a great experience so far. The training was far better than what we got from our last system and when you have a question they get back to you fairly quick.

Pros

I like that the employees on the shop floor can add information to a part for setup/part production themselves instead of finding a supervisor to do it for them. We also like that it makes folders that are linked to the part in the system so we find that we don't loose any CAD or CAM information anymore. We just started using the tool module and linking tools to parts which has been helpful to be...

Cons

The learning curve... There is so much here that some of the shop floor guys took a bit to get it figured out and how everything talks to each other. One other thing I like least about it is that it is hard to tell how many hours are available for a machining center in a certain time frame. While it lines employees up well, it doesn't give schedulers a lot to work with.

Hi Tim, Thank you so much for this thoughtful review. It thrills us to know that ProShop has helped you get more efficient on the shop floor, organize all your files, etc. We'll reach out to you for some training on the schedule. There are some good tools for that, but we're always eager to get feedback on how we can make it better and incorporate your ideas. Thanks again and have a great 2020! The ProShop Team

If there is a superhero for software, Proshop is it!

Proshop has empowered management and employees to take control of our open order backlog and have visibility on capacity and to aid in the identification and resolution of bottlenecks in the manufacturing process. In the last two months our past due orders has decreased by 31%! We are well on our way to having on-time delivery in the 90th percentile in the near future.

Pros

Proshop gives substantial visibility and management of open orders, scheduling, time management, machining capacity and full visibility and control over profit margins. The software has many other features that set a company up for success such as training, quality control, time management, inventory management, ability to eliminate tribal knowledge and so many more. The organization of the software is simple and easy to use. I also love that the company is still small enough that you know everyone. You get to know and work with the same guys that you started with post implementation.

Cons

For the most part Proshop is very easy to learn and is user friendly, however, there are some of the advanced features that require some specific training and knowledge to fully understand. You learn all that in time. With that said, Proshop has a training and support ticket system that is exceptional and they are always there to help.

Hi Holly, We can't thank you enough for this review! Wow! This is what our team strives for by building ProShop and helping support our clients to do great things in their company. We're so glad that ProShop has helped with your on-time performance and so much more. It's been a pleasure to work with you and your team. Keep up the great work. Thanks again, The ProShop Team

ProShop has been a game changer for our shop!

We purchased a well-established, long running shop with a great regional reputation…with plans to grow. One hurdle in the way was the 20 year old homegrown “ERP”. Don’t get me wrong, it served the shop very well for a long time, but it was tired, cumbersome and built on a platform no longer supported. I came from an IT background many years ago, specifically integrating various solutions into manufacturing ERP systems and I immediately began researching all the options on the market. Fortunately, I came across ProShop, headed to IMTS to meet with their crew and came home knowing what choice I was making. The results? Completely exceeded our expectations.

Pros

From the Sales modules making our estimating and quoting process much faster and trackable allowing us to win more jobs, to the tracking of orders and schedules, to the actual running of jobs. My management team alone is saving 40+ hours weekly simply having important information available at their finger tips to make decisions quickly and confidently. Knowing what jobs are running when, our purchasing...

Cons

None. My biggest hesitation was rolling out a paperless system to our team. The ProShop team made the entire process so easy! We immediately began online training, got ProShop onsite and were going live in no time at all.

Mike, We can't thank you enough for this amazing review!!! It's been a lot of fun working with you as you jump headfirst into shop ownership. We're glad that you love ProShop so much, and it's helping you grow the company. We also are grateful to call you a friend and partner. Keep up the great work at Hill and we look forward to seeing what you build it into! Cheers, The ProShop Team

Great product. Great people. Great value.

Control of my business. Peace of mind. Foundation for expansion. Insight into where we are making or losing money. Reduced ISO workload.

Pros

Proshop has lots of great features and I am exceptionally pleased with almost all of it. The things that I like the most are scope, reliability, IT burden, and visibility. The scope of Proshop is amazing. It handles your document control for quality systems, including procedures and manual. It handles COCs, prints, revision control, inspection data, fixture location, tool management, etc. One...

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like. The software is perfect for repeat or production work, but is not quite as friendly for small job shop jobs. We use it for that successfully as we still do that type of work, but it isn't quite as good for that. There are some areas in the interface that could be cleaned up and the proper usage of all fields and features could be more clear. That's about it.

Hi David, Thank you for the thoughtful and thorough review. We know going from your homemade paper system to ProShop was a big move for you guys. You've done great and we've enjoyed working with you along the way. It's great to hear how those things have improved Faircloth. Thanks for the feedback about making ProShop easier for small job shop work. We're constantly working to improve ProShop and make it even faster and easier to use for any type of job. Your feedback is invaluable to that process. Thanks again!