QReserve Logo

QReserve

Resource scheduling platform for schools, labs and offices

QReserve Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.4/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Our experience has been positive- our reps have been incredibly helpful and very responsive.
The QReserve platform is easy to use and the customer support is outstanding - would highly recommend.
I loved that everything can be done online, and even from a phone. Our students love that they can see when vans are available and not.
The only thing I dislike is that I am not notified when a new user registers into our page.
Notification emails get lost in junk mail occasionally.
We had so many complaints with our last product (Booking Bug).

Adam H.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use and easy to implement

Equipment booking and management is much easier compared to running everything from different excel sheets, outlook calendars, etc. User feedback has been excellent so we're very happy with this system.

Pros

Our lab booking was run off of outlook/sharepoint calendars which became problematic as our site expanded, such as bookings not syncing or double-bookings. QReserve provided the solution to these issues and more with usage reports. The ease-of-use is a key feature and very little training (if any) was required for users to start using. Managing resources and users is also very easy from an admin point-of-view and the customisation of each resource is fantastic.

Cons

Very little to complain about. Any ideas we have had for improvement, QReserve have welcomed the feedback and added features in their updates.

BD

Brian D.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Game Changer

Working with the team at QReserve has been exceptional. They have been so responsive to our unique needs and have worked with us to build a system that has helped us grow as a small business. We can't recommend this team enough!

Pros

This software has allowed us to grow our base of clients and help to keep track of their usage and billing. It has saved us hours of time each day with regards to reporting usage and monitoring accounts receivable.

Cons

With our unique situation as a rehearsal studio, we had to work with the team to get us to a point where the system would benefit us. We are still working at getting our system as efficient and robust as we need.

ED

Erin D.

Research, 10,001+ employees

QReserve Review

Pros

I really like how customizable it is to make sure our clients are able to enter all their information when scheduling tasks.

Cons

Notification emails get lost in junk mail occasionally.

JA

James A.

Research, 5,001-10,000 employees

Flexible and feature rich booking and assett management software

Overall excellent we've been able to solve most complex problems with resource managment that we've struggled with previously.

Pros

QReserve provides a simple pricing structure with all features available as standard. The web interface is really clean and user-fiendly both on mobile and desktop which was important for our users. The flexibility of the resource and user management is excellent a fully functioning API is available to interface with other software systems and QReseve have even developed their own scripting languange...

Cons

Everything is excellent but it worth saying as this is a fully featured and flexible software there is a learning curve at the beginning when working with and setting up complex resources however if you do have issues the customer support is really good.

CH

Celia H.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

QReserve for reservations and scheduling

Easy to use reservation and scheduling software.

Pros

It is easy to make and see the reservations for rooms and equipment

Cons

When a client modifies their already submitted request, it would be nice to see a reminder notification on my administrator dashboard. I do receive an email notification of the modification, but those emails do not provide the details of the request/modification, just the alert.

RS

Ross S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Why I love QReserve

QReserve has been the software our company has been searching for for years! On top of being the perfect program for our business needs, their customer service and development teams have made transitioning from our previous scheduling software a breeze. I can't say enough good things about their team!

Pros

QReserve has been such an amazing tool to help manage our resources and classes throughout our company. As a multi-location makerspace, with dozens of instructors and hundreds of members, our services have been difficult to manage. With QReserve, we are able to more efficiently manage our staff time and effectively deliver our educational content with ease.

Cons

QReserve's mobile interface can be a bit difficult to navigate at times

JW

Jeff W.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

One Of a Kind Software Solution for Large Studios

Our experience with QReserve has been truly excellent. It's the only product that has the complex schedule that we need married with the ability to invoice and pay with dynamic pricing. I spent a few years looking at MANY other solutions and QReserve has had solutions for our unique business.

Pros

One of the best things about QReserve is the ability to track an unlimited number of resources and easily see what is still available to book. The other best thing is their responsiveness to our growing business needs. The developers are always equipped with a solution to help us build unique custom features that are critial to our success.

Cons

The only thing that could be improved is that it could update in real-time. Our team has to refresh screens in order to see new bookings that come in.

MD

Madison D.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Makerspace Applications

This is the best solution out there for what we need. It is pricier than every other software but the level of customization you recieve is well worth it.

Pros

The customer service. The QReserve team is incredibly professional and timely. They continue to acommodate our needs on a short term and long term basis. I have worked in higher ed makerspaces for 12 years and I haven't found another software that is even comparable.

Cons

The UI is lacking. It is all based on logic that is sometimes hard for me to use. On the flip side, their team is always able to help. Most of the time within 30 minutes.

DB

Daniel B.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

QReserve: Effective, Expansive, and Simple

I am very happy with how QReserve turned out. It is simple enough that I was able to set up our site in a very functional way, despite the fact that I had less than a year of experience in my industry at the time.

Pros

The UI is quite modernized compared to other similar software. The features are expansive, but not overwhelming. This makes QReserve very attractive for small companies that plan on growing quickly.

Cons

I have not checked for tutorials in a while, but I remember when setting up the software I was hoping to find more video tutorials that are tailored to biotech companies to help our users on board. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a fantastic job showing me how to use QReserve so I was able to make the tutorials myself, I believe she even offered to make the tutorials for me!

JW

Jayalisa W.

Research, 10,001+ employees

QReserve is very user friendly, for both clients and site Moderators.

I think QReserve is a refreshingly easy to use. We had so many complaints with our last product (Booking Bug).

Pros

I really appreciate how easy it is to use this site. We have a lot of clients and use this site to allow our clients to reserve our limited resources. QReserve doesn't allow for double booking, and still allows us to keep confidentiality amongst client companies.

Cons

I dislike that since our QReserve allowed single sign-on for our company, we can no longer login using our distribution email. Because of this, we were forced to have multiple people set up as approvers for requests. This is annoying, because even after a request has been approved by someone else who has the ability to approve it, I can still see it in the queue on my dashboard.

MD

Melissa D.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

I give QReserve 10/10

I have found that QReserve is very supportive and has always been quick to respond to request are service inquires. They also offer suggestions on how to we can streamline processes and make our services more efficient.

Pros

QReserve as a beginner was easy to navigate, and very customizable to our needs. Our new Clients have found this easy to start as users , and request what they need .

Cons

From an Administrative side, I found the software to be slow at first due to the large amounts of data I have access too, that has since been rectified and there are no more wait times.

RM

Robert M.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Perfect for our needs

We are very pleased with Q Reserve overall.

Pros

Our ability to open our Athletic Center is purely because of Q Reserve. Due to COVID, the ability to contract trace was pivotal in opening the Athletic Center to students. Because each room, piece of equipment, and area in the space can be tracked separately we were comfortable letting our students spend free time it the space. It is fully customizable and, once you are used to how it works and how to get it to do what you need, meets and exceeds everything we need the program to do.

Cons

Managing resources and calendars is a bit clunky. Much of that is due to the fact there is so much capacity but you really need to know how to use the software for it to be effective. Having the tutorials was fine but it was the customer service that helped me be able to use it.

TN

Ted N.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very robust software with an amazing team behind it

Our experience with QReserve has been fantastic, very responsive support team and extremely helpful in customizing the software to our needs.

Pros

The most important aspect for us is the ease of integration - system integration and business workflow integration. We were able to onboard over a dozen managers and get up and running within 2 weeks with minimal issues. This is largely due to the fact the QReserve as a software and the team behind makes it very easy to keep your existing workflow, that makes internal adoption fast and easy.

Cons

User management can be improved, perhaps a more automated way to refresh / sync user account would be nice.

IG

Ian G.

Research, 201-500 employees

Excellent Scheduling Software, Great Support

Overall this has been one of the best software deployments I've been involved in, uptake has been universal and training times minimal. We have more of our sites starting to use the software now and I'm extremely confident we made the correct choice in using this. Support from the QReserve team has been superb

Pros

Extremely intuitive and easy to deploy, user training has been minimal due to the user friendliness of the software. Support from the QReserve team has been excellent and new requested features are added in a short turnaround

Cons

Only that a lot of information is "public" by default, but this is simple enough to make private. Would also be nice to be able to make your own custom reports

RC

Robert C.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Q Reserve Review

We needed a system that prevented users from booking over reservations already done and allowed the the room staff some time to arrange rooms with the required equipment. We also needed a way to inform our IT members when they were needed on-site to set up equipment which the system we were using did not cater for and was causing a lot of unnecessary stress.We also needed away to book transportation by seat as the existing system was no longer meeting the new needs of the Ministry.With QReserve, we were able to address the issues mentioned above. The transition period went very smoothly and we were able to spearhead the process for all involved. the system is also flexible enough to cater for other needs in the future should the need arise.

Pros

The system is extremally flexible. It allows you to integrate services and resources in many ways. Forms can be added to resources to inform moderators what clients will need.System also allows the addition of transportation bookings , adding photos of rooms and floor plans which can be made interactive. The system is also supports hot desking.The system can also apply a buffer zone to a resource or room allow staff to undertake required arrangements.

Cons

Could not find anything to complain about.

HS

Harleen S.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

A wonderful product and a great team

Pros

Quite intuitive, highly flexible, easy to integrate and the team will almost go out of their way to ensure you receive the product you desire. The project has been a smooth run and has only received positive feedback from our peers and focus groups.

Cons

Nothing I find not good here. The software is quite intuitive and the team will customize the product and with each update the product gets better.

RT

Rachael T.

Sports, 5,001-10,000 employees

Northeastern University Club Sports

QReserve has maximized our ability to create van reservations. It has also impressed other people around campus when I've given demonstrations on how we use it.

KR

Keisha R.

Research, 51-200 employees

QReserve is the best!

Pros

QReserve was very easier to navigate through versus our older software we used to book and reserve equipment and rooms. It was quick and simple and it only takes a few clicks to get the equipment and rooms reserved.

Cons

We just starting to use QReserve to book our technical and husbandry services now and it has so far been a little difficult for our clients to navigate through. However, I feel in about a few months from now they will get the hang of how to navigate through booking a services. When a client changes something to a service it seems, as an administrator, we cannot see the changed attachments that they have added.

EH

Elizabeth H.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent customer service, great price point

What has stood out to me the most is high level of client service we have received. It really feels like we are part of the QReserve team. Every request gets addressed and whenever we need to have a meeting, we are able to have that meeting sooner rather than later. Also the price point is great for all of the features we have received especially since we will be using the software daily.

Pros

It can be customized to suit business goals; we had specific requirements for reporting, usability and communication and the QReserve team has been able to deliver. Any bugs we have caught have been fixed within 24 hours. Further if we have a request that cannot be completed the way we envisioned, the QReserve team will come up with alternatives.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a challenge finding reservations or requests however we just need to re-train ourselves to use other tools available to us within the QReserve system. Also it can take time for development requests to be addressed due to the higher priority requests already in the cue.

TM

Temu M.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Flexibility at its finest

It would be remiss not to mention the dev team at QReserve. They are superb; they reviewed our internal process and worked with the team to ensure that our needs were met.

Pros

- Flexible, intuitive, practical. - Overall makes scheduling a whole lot easier for the team.

Cons

The team is very pleased so far. We appreciate the fact that the QReserve dev team is willing to work with us to further enhance the product.

MG

Maureen G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Q Reserve review

My overall experience with Q Reserve has only been positive. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has always been available to me for any questions or concerns I may have had, very friendly and personable!

Pros

The software is easy to use and Q Reserve are always available to answer all questions. It has made things so much easier in the gym due to Covid and the need to pre book workout sessions. The members are all very happy with it as well. They found it easy to set up and access their account

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about this software

AJ

Arjun J.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great customer support and easy to use.

Pros

Software helped me in Activity Tracking, Booking Management, Availability Management, Confirmation/Reminders and much more.

Cons

Can improve or update the reporting dashboard for admins.

JS

Jessica S.

Research, 11-50 employees

Wouldn’t have been able to resume doing bench work w/COVID restrictions without this system

Pros

The customer service offered by these folks is everything. We were able to customize exactly what we wanted for a daily scheduling platform.

Cons

We had a lot of resources we needed separate calendars for- setting up all of them was a bit laborious. The reps were willing to help and created step by step videos on how to do what we wanted - but we did have to do some of these on our own. Just time consuming.

EL

Eusebio L.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

A godsend for our Artist Run Centre

100% positive.

Pros

The features are exactly what we need, and they are quick to fix issues and implement features based on what we need.

Cons

If there ever are cons, these folks are able to address it quickly, or at least let me know they're working on it.

KL

Karen L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

An excellent office tool

Pros

It allows us to easily manage bookings in our space. Alleviates administration from manually book and scheduling - which is a big time save. It also allows for us to readily share our resources outside our direct team and make resources more visible and utilized.

Cons

The admin portal has so much to it (which is fantastic) I think we may underutilize the power of it (and reporting) to be honest. No fault of the software, just that you need to take some time to familiarize yourself with it.