QuickBooks Online Advanced Logo

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Accounting & business management for small businesses

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews - Page 2

QBO Review

Pros

I love the accessibility from home, work, on the road. It has helped so much with our business. Compared to Desktop, I like the reconciliation process better through QBO.

Cons

Sometimes getting where I want to be, links aren't where I think they should be, or I can't find what I am looking for. But being a new user, I am still getting used to the layout compared to Desktop.

The Sofware You Love To Hate

We have used Enterprise for years and we had to make a change because our inventory was getting out of control. Sadly, Enterprise is missing about 5 things to make their manufacturing perfect and it just doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. Accordingly, we had to try and find an MRP software and the only way it would work well was moving to QBO. This was like making a choice to either get punched in the gut or punched in the throat. Either inventory was workable or accounting was workable.

Pros

It integrates with our current ECommerce cart and a few other programs (e.g. Zapier).

Cons

They have radically tried to over-simplify the product. For instance, the Vendor tab being under Expenses. As every accountant knows, Vendors aren't solely about Expenses. This is just one example of how, in trying to make this product more intuitive, they have thwarted anyone with accounting experience in using it. There are so many things you cannot delete. Too many to try and list here.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, Wes. Receiving your feedback will only help us continue to improve the product.Feel free to check out the QuickBooks Blog, as this is where your feedback comes to life:https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. We hope you have a great business year filled with success and great health during this difficult time! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Adequate for simple product businesses

We run our business on it and have to work around all the limitations, it gets the job done, but we spend a lot of time having to use excel outside the product to get things completed. It is getting better but so slowly we have considered moving to another online software package.

Pros

QBO is an easy to use intuitive accounting software package with generally reliable online access. It has the basic accounting features that you would expect for a small business, but lacks the detailed features necessary for a bundled product business (one where your product is composed of Bill of Materials and you need to track the details on the sub components - think of gift baskets with 10 items in it, and the basket has a single SKU.) QBO has been improving in many ways and priority circle is a welcome addition to getting support.

Cons

The Reporting is really poor, you cannot simply build a report using any fields there are significant limitations of what fields you can include in a report. For instance you cannot write a report with customer and invoice information in it. IE. What customers have bought what products and when - this can't be done you need to export all the data and then do your own intersection to answer that...

QB Online Advanced

Less data entry saving time to work on other things.

Pros

Easy importing from bank statements Attachment ability to all invoices and bills Layout of the program is clean and easy to use

Cons

No ability it do progress invoicing. This means having the ability to bill small portions of an estimate at a time.

Like the name Intuit - Quickbooks is an Intuitive Software

I have used QB in either a desktop or online product for the last 10 years. I love the product and am excited to see its growth into the accounting market.

Pros

I like the ease with which you can set up and edit a chart of accounts and integrate with other apps.

Cons

I wish Intuit did a better job of providing training materials. Even though it is easy to figure most functions out, I want to make the most of the product.

Amazing Online Program

Reports are what we strive on with our organization. This program can give you every report you can possible want that works for you.

Pros

I love how versatile this online product is. We seem to operate much smoother working from online. We are now capable of easily signing in from home and able to work from home.

Cons

Sometime the process of signing online can be difficult to some of our staff.

The road to hell is paved with good intention

Overall, if the execution of Quickbook online would have been as good as the idea, its probably the software we would be using, but the execution is to me really terrible and we feel that the customers support really do the least to help out.

Pros

What Iiked the most about the software is the idea of having everything under one software, Quickbook is a great ¨idea¨

Cons

We had such terrible experience with customer support. It was hard to talk to anyone and when we did they never tried to understand our situation or context. It was an experience we wish we never had. Also once you start to use all the capability of the software you start to find all kind of limitation. We are also very disappointed that our business was not eligible to use the integrated payment processing module inside the invoice, this is the main reason we went back to our previous accounting software, Wave.

Quickbooks Online Advanced

Great

Pros

Depending on the size of your business you choose the option that is both suitable and affordable for your business. No need to buy complicated package of-which you are not going to use the bulk of functionality. The price is reasonable. Attractive for today's digital business environment, you can send an invoice from your phone on the go. No need to call the accountant in the office.

Cons

Reporting need to improve allow more flexibility. Perhaps one need to be allowed to customise their own reports through a platform that you can drag and drop your data according to your requirements.

QuickBooks Online Review

Over multiple software I tried, I concluded that it's the best to use for financial record ( we have been using Quickbooks desktop enterprise and SAP )

Pros

How easyyou can create invoice and receipt, and how easy is to imlement. Most importantly is that all data are on the cloud so they are protected. also the technical support are very helpful and easy to reach.

Cons

The formats of print template, it's very hard to create a custom template specially if you are trying to create A5 template as in my case

QuickBooks is a small business saviour

Love it

Pros

Easy to use Accurate and fast Customisable

Cons

Most difficult part was integration of payroll data

Quick, Easy and Affordable

We've been able to cut down on time spent managing finances and also save money in the process.

Pros

This software is easy to use to process payments, manage payroll, budget and more!

Cons

Sometimes the system is slow and buggy but works great most of the time.

Great for keeping your books in line!

Pros

I love the connectivity that QB has with other 3rd party applications that I use. I love the ability to see my clients and their balances with ease. I love the reports that you can build with QB. I also love that you can have separate users with separate access to the application.

Cons

Sometimes installation is a bit of a challenge. Setting up some of the features can be a hassle that requires contacting support and having them control my machine to fix the errors. I don't like that there is a new version every year because I get comfortable with the version that I have then something changes.

Non-profit ease of use

It saves me time compared to what we were using before. The help search feature almost always has answers to solve my problem.

Pros

The desk top version is economical for our purposes. The reports are easy to produce for our board, and the file can be easily shared with our accountant.

Cons

I'm sure we could be using project management and budgeting features better but with so many separate projects going on at the same time with different start and end dates, I haven't been able to find a way to do this. The one time I did need live customer service, the person didn't follow up with me as he said he would.

Everything a Nonprofit needs financially

I don't like the lack of support after two years. But the community of QuickBooks users is so large that help can be found almost anywhere.

Pros

This program is customizable to the needs of each Nonprofit. It can be used as a standalone program or a networked financial database. It has all the necessary functions to do all daily, monthly, and yearly financial paperwork for a small to medium-sized Non-profit.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep. Prior experience with the program or with accounting is very useful. Set up should be done by a professional CPA to ensure it's tracking all the needed items for IRS reporting.

Pretty Good

Pros

QB Non Profit has everything that you might expect any QB products with its product category; However, QB Non Profit is just better than other Normal Version with featuring the some specially designed function that help non profits organization managing their finance more effectively.

Cons

Customer Support, they try to sell you a newer version of Quick books rather than fixing the issues that you have on your current Quick Books

Solid choice for simple accounting

We are able to use Quickbooks to carry out all of our financial functions and easily keep track of everything. I would definitely use it unless you need high volume programs and can afford software that integrates other functions (like donor tracking, record keeping, etc)

Pros

QuickBooks Non-Profit is an excellent choice for nonprofit accounting. IT is very easy to enter information, make adjustments and run reports. As a nonprofit, we are constantly generating that information for grants and donors - so it is very easy.

Cons

Managing donor data is easy to a point, if you have another donor database you might run into some difficulty trying to track contributions or donations.

I'm beyond pleased to see how easy QuickBooks has made managing your organization, and appreciate the review. With this said. I'd like to discuss which point the donor database gives you trouble. Because the system easily integrates with other programs, I'll find steps you can take to keep tracking simple. Could you send me an email directly at qbcares@intuit.com? I'll dig right in, and look forward to hearing from you. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Love Quickbooks

Love it

Pros

Love that the system is Very user Friendly.

Cons

Would like to see better Reporting and Crystal Reports.

One of the best

We've been using QB desktop for years and loved, in particular, the reporting functionality. The Cloud version carries on the successes of the desktop version. But, while there are similarities, it is another program and will take a little time to fully master.

Pros

Reporting functionality Bank feeds, a specific model for QB. Full specced and lots of apps.

Cons

Not always quite clear where various functions are located.

Easy to use and ongoing training is great

Pros

Easy to use, multiple reports and customized reports available. Help center is full of ongoing training to learn new features and functionality.

Cons

Nothing. Integration is easy, adding new accounts simple. Makes my job easier and allows for more time to focus on other tasks. Simple functionality that doesn't get bogged down.

Fantastic Product

Pros

What isn't to like? No matter if someone is a seasoned accountant, or a person new to accounting just starting their business, Quickbooks is very intuitive. Yes there are competitors, even free ones, but they do not compare to the functionality offered in this program. Best program and most intuitive accounting program I've ever used, hands down.

Cons

The only thing that I'm not fond of is the high cost of the online version as each separate company requires a different subscription which can get expensive. With that said, however, it is a fantastic program.

PINE BELT ENERGY SERVICES LLC LOVES QBO

JOB COST TRACKING WAS MY BIGGEST ISSUE BEFORE THE PROJECTS WERE ADDED.

Pros

THE PROJECTS SECTION MAKES JOB COST TRACKING SO EASY. I LIKE THAT I CAN UPLOAD JOB DOCUMENTS TO EACH TRANSACTION.

Cons

I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ADD MORE JOB DETAILS IN THE PROJECT SECTION. WE HAVE MULTIPLE PROJECTS FOR EACH CUSTOMER. EACH PROJECT HAS START-UP INFORMATION, SOMETIMES DIFFERENT THAN THE CUSTOMER INFORMATION. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ENTER THIS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO ASSIGN AN AFE/PO NUMBER TO A PROJECT AND IT ENTER AUTOMATICALLY TO THE INVOICE WHEN PROJECT TITLE IS ENTERED.

QuikBooks overall review

Not really solving business issues but it is very helpful in the financial reporting and recordkeeping.

Pros

It's easy to use and reporting functionality.

Cons

Customer support leaves a lot to be desired. Also, it's budgeting options are almost non-existent.

Great for Small Business

Pros

I enjoy how I can access my company profile from anywhere. It allows me to send invoices and bills even when I'm not in the office.

Cons

It seems that QBO lacks some of the form customization that we would like and we have some reliability issues.

Great small business software

ease of use and most reporting.

Pros

Reporting is mostly good, easy entries solving the double entry accounting needed in a single entry; vendor set up is easy;customer invoicing is streamlined; bill paying is clear

Cons

This software will not perform detailed reports for donor tracking; cannot compare actual to budgeted costs at a single point in time for actuals, that is, cannot run a report to show actuals to date versus an annual budget which is the most frustrating thing about quickbooks, reporting has to be to a month or a year compared to the same period.

User Friendly!

Pros

This software is user friendly and very easy to use.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about Quickbooks.

I'm thrilled QuickBooks has left a positive impression on you, as comments like yours are a pleasure to come across. It's affirming to know you've seen the software grow, as the engineers work hard to roll out exciting enhancements. So you can stay in the loop for what's to come next, I invite you to bookmark the QB Blog at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/. We wouldn't be who we are without a customer like you, by the way. Thanks for being more than a friend, but a member of the QuickBooks family! Grant, The QuickBooks Team