QuickBooks Online Advanced Logo

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Accounting & business management for small businesses

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews - Page 3

QuikBooks overall review

Not really solving business issues but it is very helpful in the financial reporting and recordkeeping.

Pros

It's easy to use and reporting functionality.

Cons

Customer support leaves a lot to be desired. Also, it's budgeting options are almost non-existent.

Great for Small Business

Pros

I enjoy how I can access my company profile from anywhere. It allows me to send invoices and bills even when I'm not in the office.

Cons

It seems that QBO lacks some of the form customization that we would like and we have some reliability issues.

Great small business software

ease of use and most reporting.

Pros

Reporting is mostly good, easy entries solving the double entry accounting needed in a single entry; vendor set up is easy;customer invoicing is streamlined; bill paying is clear

Cons

This software will not perform detailed reports for donor tracking; cannot compare actual to budgeted costs at a single point in time for actuals, that is, cannot run a report to show actuals to date versus an annual budget which is the most frustrating thing about quickbooks, reporting has to be to a month or a year compared to the same period.

User Friendly!

Pros

This software is user friendly and very easy to use.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about Quickbooks.

I'm thrilled QuickBooks has left a positive impression on you, as comments like yours are a pleasure to come across. It's affirming to know you've seen the software grow, as the engineers work hard to roll out exciting enhancements. So you can stay in the loop for what's to come next, I invite you to bookmark the QB Blog at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/. We wouldn't be who we are without a customer like you, by the way. Thanks for being more than a friend, but a member of the QuickBooks family! Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Love QuickBooks

Have solid financial reports and management ability

Pros

Super easy to use, great reports, love it!

Cons

Wish there was progressive invoicing. Start with Sales order and not recognize the revenue until the sales order is turned into an invoice. Have prepayments against the order.

Finances In A Jiffy!

I love the product. They are always improving and updating the software. The improvements only take moments to upload and they always offer quick tutorials on any changes. I love it!

Pros

I love the ease of use. We use this software for our non-profit and have found it to be an accurate way to record all of our financial transactions and support our info with really great reports.

Cons

I really would have to knit pick in order find something which i do not like about Quickbooks Non-profit. I had my own insecurities about using it when i started, but QB made it easy to learn.

Quick books is a good tool to manage business accounting.

Pros

My parents used quick books and had it installed on desktop computer for years and business customers for the waffle business were stored in quick books software.Quickbooks was a good tool to keep track of customer payments such as how much they owed or how much they paid for waffle products.My mom got locked out of quickbooks and had to call Rodney to help her get back in.

Cons

My mother got locked out of quickbooks and had to call a computer technician Mr. Rodney to help her get back into the program and it cost money.

Books made easy

Pros

It is very user friendly. All the books for our clients are in the same place.

Cons

Sometimes the autofill can mess you up. It can be turned off but is usually helpful.

Hi Kimber! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying using QuickBooks and that it has made it easier to keep track of all your clients' books. Should you ever need assistance with the autofill not working properly, we recommend reaching our to our Community team: (https://community.intuit.com). There you'll also find self-help articles as well as discussions with your peers on a number of topics. Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks Used to be a Necessary Evil.

Pros

Quickbooks is a robust system that can support a lot of different types of business. I used the desktop version for many years, and for the past 3 years have used the subscription service. The SaaS version is a big upgrade, but it still has a lot of issues. I do really like the ability to link to my bank account and automatically sort transactions. This has saved me a lot of time.

Cons

The main issues with Quickbooks seem to stem for a lack of leadership around product decisions. They support many different types of the software, and this makes it next to impossible to integrate with Quickbooks. Legacy issues have plagued the ability to integrate software with Quickbooks and this has had a real impact on users. The most common issue is duplicate imports of banking transactions. I have wasted a lot of time trying to identify duplicates created by the system instead of true purchases.

Very efficient and a time-saver!

Pros

Easy to use and there are tutorials available. Importing data from QBE and adding bank accounts were a breeze.

Cons

Unable to delete multiple entries and cannot undo reconciliation.

Complete and easy to use software

Pros

First of all , I purchased the product without knowing how to use it. I used the help desk and was able to have it up and running in less than a week. I can keep track of all my customers - easy to do partial billing from an estimate. The class feature is essential for my company as I can generate profit reports for each of my projects. I recently linked Timesheets with QB so I can integrate the amount of hours each of my installers work in each project

Cons

I do not dislike anything about this software

QB Advanced

Pros

This software is SO easy to use and navigate. It helps keep things in order, and lets me know when bills are due and when to pay them in case I forget. It has greatly organized our accounts payable/receivable accounts into one solid location where we can view everything we need on one screen.

Cons

Nothing so far, everything has been great with this software.

Great software but still issues

I used to use Quicken years ago and have been using Quickbooks non-profit for my theater company. It is accurate, fairly straight forward, but little things are still not fixed. I have favorites (e.g.: Report of checks written and not cleared) they disappear and hsvdvthey recdo them every other day. A minor problem, but I was hoping this would have been fixed by version 2016. Sadly it wasn't. Would I recommend this product for a non-profit? Yes, yes I would!

Pros

Fairly easy to use Great backup features Excellent reporting Use of "classes" to split my theater shows

Cons

Slight learning curve Poor customer support

Quick Books Online in use

Overall I think Quickbooks is very helpful for multiple accounting operations. I just wish the customer service was friendlier and more helpful with the requests.

Pros

QBO lets you access and work in your books from any location. You can connect your bank accounts, which is very helpful with tracking down the expenses.

Cons

Some reports are hard to find and generate. The most frustrating part is contacting the customer service - it's a long time to get connected to them and super hard to get any information out of them

Every accountant needs Quickbooks

Pros

Quickbooks is the quickest and most straightforward accounting program out there. I can create and send invoices and bills within minutes. The app is incredibly intuitive and takes almost no time to learn. I can keep track of the amount of money coming in and going out of the company and have a snapshot of all our finances on the main dashboard. It is simple to see what's overdue that needs following up on.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit slow to load pages.

Upgrade from Desktop to Online

This is a great product and we love using it. Will be waiting on scheduling and dispatching to be added as well.

Pros

easy to use, streamline invoicing in the field, great tools to learn how to's...

Cons

Doesn't work well with Service Fusion for our inventory need and dispatching.

I like trhe staff and the added features which have allowed me to better understand our business finances

Pros

This software is easy to set up and use, make changes to and explore the financials of your business

Cons

One issue I wish could be performed is to go back manually and look at past received payments. This was a function on desktop version which was lost in on-line. In desktop I could just hit previous and look through them to see what was received on certain days

QB online

Pros

This software if very easy to use. Saves a lot of time on book keeping and paper work. All the information is in one system.

Cons

I do not like that you can change information at a later date. Once things have been reconciled no change should be made.

Overall, QuickBooks is a really helpful accounting software

It is very easy to use and accurate!

Pros

Makes it easy to make invoices and donation statements. Nice way to see customer history and keep up with who owes money and who doesn't.

Cons

Direct deposit and tax payment services are kind of pricy. We changed to a different software due to the cost. A lot of times when we have to call tech support it is hard to understand the tech. I know this is farmed out overseas and that is fine, but would be nice if phone connections were better and accents weren't so thick.

Great

Pros

It never felt like the non-profit version held back any of the features we needed in order to thoroughly account for our non-profit revenue & expenses. I loved that we could customize the chart of accounts which makes it much easier when preparing our 990 and other financial reports. Quickbooks made it very easy to connect with our bank and import transaction data, which is a huge time save.

Cons

It's restricted to use on the computer it's installed on. We've since migrated to Quickbooks Online because of the cloud-based nature.

Happy Wednesday, Celeste. I'm delighted you found the product that works best for the nature of your non-profit, as we're proud to be backing you. You're the best part of QuickBooks, which is why we've created self-help and support spaces like our aptly-named Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd) with you in mind. Check it out anytime, since it's the central hub of workflow tips and how-to tutorials. I loved reading about how the customization options and feature-set in the cloud-based service have helped The First Tee, by the way. Thanks a ton for sharing your comments! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Love the thought that went into making sure it was ready for non-profit users.

QB is very forgiving when you make a mistake.

Pros

I love that QB and Intuit researched out what a non-profit needed (or could use) to better manage relationships with their constituents. They created a lot of reports that i never would have come up with myself, but that we use on a weekly basis.

Cons

Sometimes I get lost when trying to do certain tasks. The names they use are not in my vernacular so I stumble a bit. It also has lost settings before that cause it mess with the way my data is displayed.

Quickbooks for nonprofits good for small organizations

20 plus years helping organizations implement and manage their finances.

Pros

The nonprofit features are good. Most helpful to us is the class structure where we can track projects and report in them, as well as role them up into functional classes.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to lock periods.

Hi Romy! We're thrilled to hear QuickBooks is helping your non-profit keep track of projects and stay organized. Being able to choose periods of time to lock would be a great feature, so we've submitted your feedback to our developers. The best way to lock a period currently is by closing the books, however, this is limited to the end of your fiscal year. The system will do this for you automatically and you can add a closing date password to prevent changes being made in the previous year. More information on how this works can be found here: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1773838. Thank you for the review and here's to a great year for your organization! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Easy to Use - Great Reporting

Pros

Overall QBO Advanced is very easy to use, with easy to use features. We love that it is all online so I can access from anywhere anytime. The reporting is great and we really like the new advanced reporting. This gives me as the owner even deeper insights into our business! Good value for the price.

Cons

The inventory system isn't very friendly. We us it a little bit but also use an external inventory system. There are some tasks that are harder then others. Its not as customizable for restaurant use as some of the systems designed for restaurants specifically, but also the price is more in line then those systems.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

We are able to accommodate our customers with invoices, estimates, and receive payment in less than 15 minutes. The customers love the quick transitions. It allow us as a business to attend to more customers effectively and efficiently.

Pros

QuickBooks have improved the way we receive payment from customers. The customer's love the idea of paying on line and keeping the integrity of their card in safe keeping.

Cons

One time an invoice was not funded but stated paid.

Quick

Overall it’s great. Would recommend. That being said, not sure what other options are out there!

Pros

Does it great job of tracking invoices, payroll, billing, etc. writing checks are very easy. There are aspects that could be approved on but overall it does a great job.

Cons

Billing/invoicing. When you apply credits to an account then you print a new invoice, you have to manually apply. Even after you manually apply, the credits do not apply to the new invoices.