QuickBooks Online Advanced Logo

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Accounting & business management for small businesses

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews - Page 4

Quickbooks for Invoicing

My overall experience is a great experience. I knew nothing about QB when I first started working at my job and now I can say I know my way around it pretty well. It wasn't hard to learn at all.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use. When you first sign on it seems right off the bat a bit complicated but the more you use it on a dally easier it gets.

Cons

Honestly I can sit here and say there isn't something I don't like about this. It is very simple and easy to use.

Easy for a user with any background. No accounting degree necessary.

Pros

I do not have an accounting background or degree, so this is an easy way for me to manage our company finances. It provides me with the tools I need to correctly record and track our payables and receivables. very easy to use.

Cons

It has extensive features and capabilities. I don't have the time to truly see how much more this product can be doing for me and my business. I find myself using the same features on a daily basis but know I could use more.

Quickbooks; An essential

Pros

Have been using quickbooks for quite some time now as I am a small business accountant, it is amazing for book-keeping, no other application comes close even by a margin. An essential for book-keepers or even if you want to keep track of sales, invoices, cost analysis in a small-business setting.

Cons

On the expensive side, quickbooks online is lacking and not being able to hit the "enter" key severely impacts workflow, but non-the-less a solid bulletproof app.

Even a non-accounting person can follow the money

Pros

I am not an accountant but when thrown into that position since no one else was available, I made easy work of figuring out how to navigate around the system. I actually couldn't believe how easy it was to use especially things like entering and paying bills. I am very pleased with the system.

Cons

For some reason, this software takes forever to open. None of my other programs do this. It always seems to bog down and will sometimes freeze up.

Quickbooks Advanced can accommodate MOST small businesses' accounting needs

Positive, Quickbooks can serve MOST small businesses' accounting needs, however, be mindful of scaling business needs to determine if the ERP can scale with your company.

Pros

The ease of use - it is one of the most user-friendly ERPs from an accounting standpoint. There are a lot of good features "out of the box" without heavily customizing things. Easy to toggle permissions, users, and key internal controls.

Cons

Where business needs start to expand to heavily customized areas, Quickbooks can fall short. The API connectors and syncing abilities with many softwares are not as robust as NetSuite or Microsoft Dynamics.

This solution is for big companies who cannot afford mistakes.

My overall experience: Useful and necessary, it's a bit pricey but solves many issues.

Pros

I like the most that it's features a very granular, with decades of experience is a very integral solution.

Cons

I like the least that they carry the "legacy" thinking when it comes to innovation, the modules are very siloed and doesn't integrate very easy with other solutions.

Finance/Bookkeeping with confidence!

Wonderful program and easy to use. Many different ways to save time and money using QuickBooks Non-Profit!

Pros

We love that you can track all spending and deposits through QuickBooks Non-Profit all in one place. Very easy to use and being able to print our own checks has been a great benefit.

Cons

There is nothing we can report that QuickBooks Non-Profit has that we don't like. We are grateful for a program the fits the needs of a Non-Profit!

Easiest and Most Efficient Bookkeeping software

We have used the reoccurring payments (great to have them scheduled so we don't forget to enter.) I like the P&L and Balance Sheet so that we can have sub-accounts yet hide for a more condensed report. The batch invoices are great since we have monthly customers.

Pros

It is easy to use, has many features that you can tap into. Whether you are an accountant, a bookkeeper or data entry, you will find this program more than sufficient. I believe it is a strong program that will take a start-up right up through a multi-million dollar company. We are growing fast and it continually meets are needs.

Cons

There is a lot to learn. I haven't tapped into all it can do (which is a good thing!) I would like to take an online course showing an overview of all the features to get the full value of this program.

My Life is a Little Easier

We are processing are AR in a lot less time, prefill helps with not having to search account #'s. AR billing is very advanced with the recurring invoice features and email options.

Pros

Most of all, I like that the product is online, therefore I can work from anywhere. It saves time by updating information in real time automatically without posting batches. The software allows for transactions to be edited, which reduces the need for reverse or correcting entries. Pre-filled expenses help

Cons

Frequently changes in features has been difficult since we are new to QBO. Once learned they all seem to save time.

I used Quickbooks for Non-Profits at a church where i served as pastor.

Pros

I loved the detailed reporting that Quickbooks for Non-Profits provided, and the similarity with Quickbooks for Businesses, so that volunteers who were already trained in the Business version could easily mange the Non-Profit version.

Cons

I found setting up the Non-Profit version of Quickbooks a little awkward. I wish it had been transformed more into the common language of non-profits.

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear the reporting is working well for you. To have your company reflect things like Donors and Revenue & Expenditures you just need to change a couple options in Account and Settings in the Gear menu. Company settings will have a Tax form option you can switch to Non-Profit and then go to the Advanced tab for changing the Customer label to whatever your company needs. Let us know if you need any other help setting up your account for running a non-profit! The QuickBooks Team

Converted Desktop User

I was a 14 year QuickBooks Desktop devotee and thought that I would hate using QBO. I have been converted and would recommend that all Desktop users at least take a look at QBO with an open mind.

Pros

The QBO software is sophisticated yet simple to use. It can keep track of as little or much of your business as you need. The software is not intimidating for the new user but also not so "dumbed-down" that a long time accounting professional will feel they are using a beginner product.

Cons

There are only a few small functionality items that slightly bother me but don't prevent me from utilizing the software completely.

Quick Books Makes Managing Businesses Operations Seemless

After some time working with this software and utilizing it's resources, I am pleased to report that despite being slightly intimidated during the initial setup phase it turned out to be a true business owners most valuable asset.

Pros

What I genuinely appreciated the most about QB is the shear volume of control I'm allotted with it's use. From before and after presentations on finished projects, to last minute schedule changes and staff readjustments, this app gives me access to crucial business functions in a easy to use way

Cons

I had some slight issues during my initial activation as far as the login process. Trying to make sure everyone was in the system and accessable was a challenge when we were dealing with email verifications and forgotten passcodes.

Adds Professionalism

It definitely added more professionalism to our local family owned business and helped make the business a little easier to run. The customer support does seem to take awhile to get someone on the phone and then actually get a resolution.

Cons

QBO Advanced is fantastic!

Pros

The advanced version of QBO allows for unlimited accounts on the chart of accounts, as well as up to 25 users of the software. It has more robust reporting than other versions of QBO. I use it for almost all of my non-profit clients.

Cons

For a smaller business, the price can be prohibitive.

Staple for any business

Overall this is a great software for small businesses and helps you record day-to-day expenses and create invoices and pay bills.

Pros

QuickBooks advance is one of the staples for any accounting softwares. The advanced program allows more features that make bookkeeping a breeze.

Cons

Even though QuickBook advance has more features than some of the other versions if you are a larger company you may want to move on.

Easy to Use

Overall, I really enjoy using QBO. Anytime I've needed to reach out to support, they've been prompt & courteous.

Pros

Something I always look for is ease of use, and QBO fits the bill perfectly. I also like the help search function.

Cons

It would be great to find something in Canada that can handle a trades company with project management, accounts receivable & payable, payroll, CSM, a PO system, etc all-in-one.

Works Great but Expensive!

Pros

The system runs so smoothly with rarely a glitch. For financial matters is does all that we need and more.

Cons

-- The basic reporting features are disappointing--there are many fields available in invoicing/billing that just cannot flow through to reports. -- QBO Advanced is quite costly compared with what we were paying in past years for the prior online product, much less 4 years ago for the desktop version.

Great software for accounting!

We are able to quickly invoice customers and send it to them directly. Our collections process has been made simpler because of the program.

Pros

I really enjoy the functionality of QBO advanced and being able to access my financials on my mobile app makes things so much easier. I have the ability to customize any feature of the software to fit my business needs. I especially appreciate that when I run into an issue I am not familiar with I can easily find the solution without having to call customer support.

Cons

There is not much I can say I did not like about the software.

As a General Contractor I wouldn't recommend

Frustrating

Pros

Nothing really. We used to have QB desktop and it was pretty solid, but it was clunky for our remote accountant to access the desktop version (possible, just challenging for only our accountant or we could be on the desktop version at a time). Otherwise it the desktop version was great.

Cons

Where do I start. Customer service knows 'zero' about the construction industry hence can't relate to questions regarding simple things such as sub-contractor W9 and certificate of insurance (COI) storage. QB desktop has a place for input of COI storage with the addition of 'reminders' when a sub's COI expires. The online version has nothing for this (and this is a big deal for a growing general...

Easy to Use

This system saves a ton of time based on what I used to have to do to generate the same information.

Pros

The software is so easy to use and has a very easy reporting system that creates all different types of reports.

Cons

What I like least about this software is actually nothing. Honestly, it's a very easy format to use.

No more stress with bookkeeping and taxes

Overall this app has reduced my stress tremendously. I can pay my taxes directly from intuit with all my quickbooks data, send invoices, and keep everything organized.

Pros

When I first started my business I was super nervous about keeping track of everything for taxes and invoices. QuickBooks is the only reason I feel confident with keeping my finances organized. It's so easy to track expenses, receipts, and accept payments.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about this app except the transaction fee when paying invoices with credit cards.

Small business optimized

This enabled us to cut down on hundreds of hours of work a week by allowing the import of

Pros

This is probably the easiest accounting software for new and experienced users. Easy to setup with walkthroughs. Lots of integrations available to the apps and software you need with more available all the time. If you use an accountant as well they can be given access to the account with their own usernames/ passwords.

Cons

Can be difficult to integrate certain apps or other softwares sometime requiring a third party to handle the transfer of data

Great Product to Keep Your Books Clean

QuickBooks has made my life easy with creating invoices and getting paid.

Pros

I love the ease of creating invoices. It's very easy to get paid and I love that I get notified instantly upon getting a paid invoice.

Cons

The cost of the product that I least like about the software. Outside of that, there's no complaint from me. I love QuickBooks and cannot imaging using anything else.

QuickBooks for Nonprofits: Your Best Investment!

We were very happy to find out we could incorporate this software in to our online Merchant Account!

Pros

As a Nonprofit we have to keep track of a lot of details and Quickbooks has everything we've ever needed! Also something we weren't aware of until we purchase QuickBooks and started to use it was that it could be incorporated with online stores and merchant accounts! That was a Big Deal for our Board of Directors!

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve but if you've ever used any of these types of software before it's easy peesy!

Great experience

Pros

- All of the basics are here! Even has nonprofit-specific reports. Any CRM should integrate with Quickbooks seamlessly.

Cons

- To use the Nonprofit-specific reports, you must be using customers (donors). Some CRM's do not import with customers here (for example, one organization I work with's CRM imports the donor name into the Memo field, so the nonprofit reports are useless to them).