Refund Retriever Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.47/10

Reviews by rating

I wish I started sooner. I am very happy to delegate this function to dedicated professionals.
I like the outlay and ease of use. The data i am able to pull is great.
I love that it's very "set it and forget it. An extremely useful tool for wholesale shippers; helps our bottom line and requires minimal effort.
Why can't I leave this blank. This field is becoming the worst thing about the software and it has nothing to do with it.

Daniel S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Absolute must-use

RR audits our UPS invoices and makes sure every package was delivered on time, per their guaranteed service levels. If a shipment was late, we are entitled to a credit, but we have to ask for it, and we ship too many packages to monitor every single one. Their software has allowed us to save a non-trivial amount on our annual freight expense.

Pros

Implementation took less than ten minutes. They audit every single one of our shipments, which would be impossible for us to do manually, and I'm confident that we have received every service refund we were eligible for. They only charge a portion of what they recover for us, so I have zero stress about paying for something we're not using. As an added bonus, they have super in-depth reports that allow me to analyze the notoriously unhelpful invoices from our third-party shippers. I have only required customer service two or three times since starting to use them but their responses have been immediate and completely helpful. I have only positive things to say about RR!

Cons

I have literally zero complaints, which may be a first for me.

CK

Carol K.

Used other for 6-12 months

You won't be sorry!

Pros

Refund Retriever gets your refunds with basically no extra work for you!

Cons

There isn't anything not to like! Why can't I leave this blank? This field is becoming the worst thing about the software and it has nothing to do with it!!!!

ts

troy s.

Internet, self-employed

Great idea

Total waste of time, but the concept was really good.

Pros

Fantastic concept. It could have been a great way to get some money back from fed ex without a ton of hassles and runaround from them like they do on every claim, etc...

Cons

never worked. the company who did this seemed to "forget" what they were doing. Never answered any emails or got a single return and we know some of them should have.

I am sorry for the lack of communication on our part. That falls on me. I looked through our email history and see there was one invoice that we voided, and I apologize for the experience you had as it is not typical of how I operate my company. Feel free to contact me at brian@refundretriever or 800-441-8085 if there is anything we can help with in the future. Brian C. Gibbs

RL

Richard L.

Retail, self-employed

Easy to Use

It will streamline your efforts in your business to not have to manage that part of it.

Pros

I am a one man show in my independent Mail Center. This takes a huge work load off my plate and its like having a employee that I don't have to manage.

Cons

Maybe a little more communication on which packages they are tracking and to what location instead of a bill with a tracking number on it. Maybe just a little more detail on the bills

MM

Mike M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

RR saves us $20,000 annually!

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team at Refund Retriever do more than just manage deliveries made out of their guaranteed window. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us negotiate our rates down which is going to save us about $20,000 this year alone. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Refund Retriever!

Cons

I have no cons as this product works like it is supposed to and it was easy to impliment!

TA

Tommy A.

Great Service & Valuable Time Saving tool

Saves me valuable time in auditing my shipments and the commitments that I expect from my carrier shipments. Without Refund Retriever I would never have the time to audit all of our shipments to ensure that the carriers holding up their end of the shipping commitments. And in turn I would be throwing money away.

Pros

Very Easy to use. Saves Valuable Time. Very Thorough

Cons

A little Pricey. Not most efficient. Occasion misses.

MS

Matthew S.

Used other for 6-12 months

Very pleased so far

Great service, minimal effort needed by us, which is great.

Pros

We like that it takes the guess work out of tracking our UPS packages to ensure they arrive on time. Though we haven't had a late shipment yet, so unsure exactly what will happen if one arrives late and if it will detected. We assume it will work.

Cons

It would be nice to get a monthly email snapshot telling us: how many packages we sent, how many arrived on time, how many are considered late and if a refund request is being worked on. This way we know the software is working all the time. There was one time where the link 'failed' and our packages weren't being monitored. We had to log in to notice this.

Thank you for the great review. We are looking into a week or monthly email snapshot feature now.

JL

Jeff L.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Company!! Saves us thousands of dollars per year!!

We have saved thousands of dollars over the last year by using Refund Retriever to track our UPS packages and submit claims on our behalf for any late deliveries.

Pros

We have been using Refund Retriever for about a year now and have nothing but great things to say about them. It is a very simple process to sign up and you start receiving refunds within a short time. The reporting tools give you information that UPS does not and are very helpful when analyzing your business. Rep has gone above and beyond to help us anytime that we have any questions. I highly recommend this company for anyone that ships UPS or Fedex on a regular basis.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this software.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

No brainer

Great service and well-run company. They are always quick to respond to inquiries and easy to deal with...I highly recommend Refund Retriever!

Pros

Easy to use and fills a need that was not in the marketplace.

Cons

I haven't come across any issues at this point and I don't expect to based on my current experience.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Amazing: total no-brainer

They make it very simple to get the refunds we deserve. One less problem and more money for my business. Win-win.

Pros

The process was very easy to set up. The team at Refund Retriever has been very supportive. Once the initial implementation was done, that was the last work I had to do.

Cons

I’m not sure that I can point to anything currently.

SM

Shari M.

Used other for 1-2 years

Refund Retriever

Love the service -

Pros

If you're talking about what I see on the website - it awesome information - the ability to know what you want and how to get it - is a bit clunky. If you want a copy of an invoice it is not self explanatory that you have to click the button at the bottom of the page - it would be nice to have a list of invoices and you just pick that one and the invoice image appears.

Cons

That I share 50/50 with my refund... but I think that is the option I chose because I'm not a huge fedex/ups shipper.

SG

Samuel G.

Money and Time Saved

I like that Refund Retriever is working for me while I am taking care of all the other aspects of my business. Every month money was not being claimed. Thanks to Refund Retriever, we are getting some of that money back. I do not have to spend time nor do I have to get any of my employees to sit there and audit all the delivery company's invoices. Refund Retriever does all that for me and then retrieves refunds for me and my account is credited. Very pleased and thankful that there are companies like Refund Retriever that save me time and money..

Pros

Money returned to me. Fast refunds. Hands free. Saves time and save hours spent auditing invoices. Saves me money and holds the big delivery companies accountable.

Cons

It is the cost of doing business, but I wish I could pay a lower percent of the refund.

mr

mary r.

Package/Freight Delivery, 1-10 employees

best way to control your shipping bills

the carriers are very deceiving and tricky but the attention to detail and dedication of this company has proven to be valuable to us.. now we get what we deserve without fighting and aggravation, lets face it even with their commission, we are getting more back that if we tried alone.

Pros

From the very first day that I started using the refund retrievers we started to see results. we never got time to go over the bills and find refunds, overpricing, delivery failures, etc. we decided that paying them a commission would be the only way to get our money since we never got around to do it ourselves. I wish I started sooner! I am very happy to delegate this function to dedicated professionals.

Cons

that I did not started to use it sooner.

KL

Kathleen L.

Great Service

Refund Retriever Service is saving me approximately $50 - $100 per month.

Pros

Setup was easy, and it requires no ongoing user intervention.

Cons

No real downside - the Service was easy to set up.

RS

Rodney S.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Effortless Time and Money Saver

Pros

All of the monitoring and disputes are handled automatically, leaving us free to perform other business duties.

Cons

Honestly there are no cons to this product.

AS

Andi S.

Definitely saves time!

Pros

I don't have to call the carriers and sit on the phone and "hold" for customer service, or argue with them about my invoices. RR does it all for me.

Cons

Can't really think of anything. When I first started, I thought something was wrong, because I didn't get tons of emails or reminders about my service. Turns out, everything was running as smoothly as it was supposed to!

Once your account is setup and processing, there are no additional steps. We process everything, allowing you to continue daily operations as usual. Thanks!

RS

Robert S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Great Service

Pros

Easy to use. Software is a valuable resource to our company.

Cons

Nothing. We have no issues using this software and love it.

TK

Trevor K.

Found Money

Pros

Refund Retriever monitors shipping accounts for late and refund eligible shipments. They do the claims on your behalf and only charges if they have obtained a refund for a package. As a company, we did not monitor this for refunds unless there was a complaint from a customer so using this software has been found money for us and a no-brainer to set up and continue using.

Cons

Set up can be a bit delayed if you have a new shipping account as an invoice is required for initial set up. Charges 50% of refund rate but is a value if claiming lates wouldn't be done in house.

DG

Darla G.

It Does the Heavy Lifting

Refund Retriever is one of those programs that just runs in the background and I get refunds. I love it!

Pros

What I like most is that I don't have to labor for hours wading through fedex and UPS shipments to find late shipments, duplicate charges, etc. I am very busy and don't have time to follow up on these types of refunds. Refund Retriever does the heavy lifting for me. I gladly pay 50% of what they retrieve as it's money I wouldn't otherwise be able to collect due to time constraints.

Cons

There's not anything I don't like about this software.

PD

PATRICIA D.

Great Product

Pros

I like that I don't have to monitor my refunds myself

Cons

Nothing there is nothing that I have found as of yet.

I really appreciate the review! Have a great day.

mr

mark r.

review

positive

Pros

they do a good job refunds are timely seamless operation

Cons

nothing no concerns i have had no issues

NH

Nick H.

Refund Headaches Are Gone

Pros

I love that it's a "set it and forget it" type of software. I check it every few days just to confirm that there aren't any missed refunds or anything of the sort.

Cons

I wish there was a built-in way to see the invoice each tracking number belonged to.

We will take a look at connecting the invoice number and tracking number, thank you for the feedback.

DM

Donna M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Refund

It’s been fine

Pros

They find money for my company from different shipping companies

Cons

They should make more ongoing communication with customers

MA

MICHELE A.

Package/Freight Delivery, 1-10 employees

GREAT PRODUCT! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

My husband and I own a small pack and ship store. When we joined RSA, I learned about Refund Retriever. When I heard about the benefits of the product, and the fact that they do all of the work for us, it was a "no brainer" to start using them. I am amazed at how much money they are saving for our company! It pays for itself immediately! I would highly recommend signing up for Refund Retriever!

Pros

Ease of use. You do all the work. Easy to navigate.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of that I don't like about the software.

NM

Nicole M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

Seamless and saves you time

Pros

I love that they do all the work for you. They just send you an invoice letting you know what they have found and what money you will be getting back.

Cons

There really isnt a con for them since they always work behind the scenes.