Refund Retriever Reviews

4.86/5 (50 reviews)

Daniel Stenson

Absolute must-use

Reviewed 2019-09-18

RR audits our UPS invoices and makes sure every package was delivered on time, per their guaranteed service levels. If a shipment was late, we are entitled to a credit, but we have to ask for it, and we ship too many packages to monitor every single one. Their software has allowed us to save a non-trivial amount on our annual freight expense.

Pros
Implementation took less than ten minutes. They audit every single one of our shipments, which would be impossible for us to do manually, and I'm confident that we have received every service refund we were eligible for. They only charge a portion of what they recover for us, so I have zero stress about paying for something we're not using. As an added bonus, they have super in-depth reports that allow me to analyze the notoriously unhelpful invoices from our third-party shippers. I have only required customer service two or three times since starting to use them but their responses have been immediate and completely helpful. I have only positive things to say about RR!

Cons
I have literally zero complaints, which may be a first for me.

Richard Loch

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-10-23

It will streamline your efforts in your business to not have to manage that part of it.

Pros
I am a one man show in my independent Mail Center. This takes a huge work load off my plate and its like having a employee that I don't have to manage.

Cons
Maybe a little more communication on which packages they are tracking and to what location instead of a bill with a tracking number on it. Maybe just a little more detail on the bills

Tommy Armstrong

Great Service & Valuable Time Saving tool

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Saves me valuable time in auditing my shipments and the commitments that I expect from my carrier shipments. Without Refund Retriever I would never have the time to audit all of our shipments to ensure that the carriers holding up their end of the shipping commitments. And in turn I would be throwing money away.

Pros
Very Easy to use. Saves Valuable Time. Very Thorough

Cons
A little Pricey. Not most efficient. Occasion misses.

Shari McCoy

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-10-27

Love the service -

Pros
If you're talking about what I see on the website - it awesome information - the ability to know what you want and how to get it - is a bit clunky. If you want a copy of an invoice it is not self explanatory that you have to click the button at the bottom of the page - it would be nice to have a list of invoices and you just pick that one and the invoice image appears.

Cons
That I share 50/50 with my refund... but I think that is the option I chose because I'm not a huge fedex/ups shipper.

Carol Kufeldt

You won't be sorry!

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-08-20

Pros
Refund Retriever gets your refunds with basically no extra work for you!

Cons
There isn't anything not to like! Why can't I leave this blank? This field is becoming the worst thing about the software and it has nothing to do with it!!!!

Matthew Schweitz

Very pleased so far

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-09-18

Great service, minimal effort needed by us, which is great.

Pros
We like that it takes the guess work out of tracking our UPS packages to ensure they arrive on time. Though we haven't had a late shipment yet, so unsure exactly what will happen if one arrives late and if it will detected. We assume it will work.

Cons
It would be nice to get a monthly email snapshot telling us: how many packages we sent, how many arrived on time, how many are considered late and if a refund request is being worked on. This way we know the software is working all the time. There was one time where the link 'failed' and our packages weren't being monitored. We had to log in to notice this.

Response from Refund Retriever

Thank you for the great review. We are looking into a week or monthly email snapshot feature now.

Samuel Gonzalez

Money and Time Saved

Reviewed 2019-11-04

I like that Refund Retriever is working for me while I am taking care of all the other aspects of my business. Every month money was not being claimed. Thanks to Refund Retriever, we are getting some of that money back. I do not have to spend time nor do I have to get any of my employees to sit there and audit all the delivery company's invoices. Refund Retriever does all that for me and then retrieves refunds for me and my account is credited. Very pleased and thankful that there are companies like Refund Retriever that save me time and money..

Pros
Money returned to me. Fast refunds. Hands free. Saves time and save hours spent auditing invoices. Saves me money and holds the big delivery companies accountable.

Cons
It is the cost of doing business, but I wish I could pay a lower percent of the refund.

mary rodriguez

best way to control your shipping bills

Reviewed 2019-08-06

the carriers are very deceiving and tricky but the attention to detail and dedication of this company has proven to be valuable to us.. now we get what we deserve without fighting and aggravation, lets face it even with their commission, we are getting more back that if we tried alone.

Pros
From the very first day that I started using the refund retrievers we started to see results. we never got time to go over the bills and find refunds, overpricing, delivery failures, etc. we decided that paying them a commission would be the only way to get our money since we never got around to do it ourselves. I wish I started sooner! I am very happy to delegate this function to dedicated professionals.

Cons
that I did not started to use it sooner.

Kathleen Leavitt

Great Service

Reviewed 2019-10-19

Refund Retriever Service is saving me approximately $50 - $100 per month.

Pros
Setup was easy, and it requires no ongoing user intervention.

Cons
No real downside - the Service was easy to set up.

Rodney Stover

Effortless Time and Money Saver

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Pros
All of the monitoring and disputes are handled automatically, leaving us free to perform other business duties.

Cons
Honestly there are no cons to this product.

Andi Smith

Definitely saves time!

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Pros
I don't have to call the carriers and sit on the phone and "hold" for customer service, or argue with them about my invoices. RR does it all for me.

Cons
Can't really think of anything. When I first started, I thought something was wrong, because I didn't get tons of emails or reminders about my service. Turns out, everything was running as smoothly as it was supposed to!

Response from Refund Retriever

Once your account is setup and processing, there are no additional steps. We process everything, allowing you to continue daily operations as usual. Thanks!

Robert Schmidt

Great Service

Reviewed 2019-09-23

Pros
Easy to use. Software is a valuable resource to our company.

Cons
Nothing. We have no issues using this software and love it.

Trevor Knupp

Found Money

Reviewed 2019-09-13

Pros
Refund Retriever monitors shipping accounts for late and refund eligible shipments. They do the claims on your behalf and only charges if they have obtained a refund for a package. As a company, we did not monitor this for refunds unless there was a complaint from a customer so using this software has been found money for us and a no-brainer to set up and continue using.

Cons
Set up can be a bit delayed if you have a new shipping account as an invoice is required for initial set up. Charges 50% of refund rate but is a value if claiming lates wouldn't be done in house.

Darla Gillihan

It Does the Heavy Lifting

Reviewed 2019-08-03

Refund Retriever is one of those programs that just runs in the background and I get refunds. I love it!

Pros
What I like most is that I don't have to labor for hours wading through fedex and UPS shipments to find late shipments, duplicate charges, etc. I am very busy and don't have time to follow up on these types of refunds. Refund Retriever does the heavy lifting for me. I gladly pay 50% of what they retrieve as it's money I wouldn't otherwise be able to collect due to time constraints.

Cons
There's not anything I don't like about this software.

PATRICIA DANCY

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-08-13

Pros
I like that I don't have to monitor my refunds myself

Cons
Nothing there is nothing that I have found as of yet.

Response from Refund Retriever

I really appreciate the review! Have a great day.

Jeff Lanning

Great Company!! Saves us thousands of dollars per year!!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-06-03

We have saved thousands of dollars over the last year by using Refund Retriever to track our UPS packages and submit claims on our behalf for any late deliveries.

Pros
We have been using Refund Retriever for about a year now and have nothing but great things to say about them. It is a very simple process to sign up and you start receiving refunds within a short time. The reporting tools give you information that UPS does not and are very helpful when analyzing your business. Rep has gone above and beyond to help us anytime that we have any questions. I highly recommend this company for anyone that ships UPS or Fedex on a regular basis.

Cons
There is nothing that I do not like about this software.

mark reed

review

Reviewed 2019-07-23

positive

Pros
they do a good job refunds are timely seamless operation

Cons
nothing no concerns i have had no issues

Nick Hernandez

Refund Headaches Are Gone

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
I love that it's a "set it and forget it" type of software. I check it every few days just to confirm that there aren't any missed refunds or anything of the sort.

Cons
I wish there was a built-in way to see the invoice each tracking number belonged to.

Response from Refund Retriever

We will take a look at connecting the invoice number and tracking number, thank you for the feedback.

Donna Maertens

Refund

Reviewed 2019-07-31

It’s been fine

Pros
They find money for my company from different shipping companies

Cons
They should make more ongoing communication with customers

MICHELE AUMILLER

GREAT PRODUCT! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed 2019-09-17

My husband and I own a small pack and ship store. When we joined RSA, I learned about Refund Retriever. When I heard about the benefits of the product, and the fact that they do all of the work for us, it was a "no brainer" to start using them. I am amazed at how much money they are saving for our company! It pays for itself immediately! I would highly recommend signing up for Refund Retriever!

Pros
Ease of use. You do all the work. Easy to navigate.

Cons
There is nothing that I can think of that I don't like about the software.

Anonymous

No brainer

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-10-25

Great service and well-run company. They are always quick to respond to inquiries and easy to deal with...I highly recommend Refund Retriever!

Pros
Easy to use and fills a need that was not in the marketplace.

Cons
I haven't come across any issues at this point and I don't expect to based on my current experience.

Nicole McKinnon

Seamless and saves you time

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Pros
I love that they do all the work for you. They just send you an invoice letting you know what they have found and what money you will be getting back.

Cons
There really isnt a con for them since they always work behind the scenes.

Alexandra Barclay

Take your mind of tracking for Refunds!

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
I love that this software handles getting those late package refunds for me when I am busy and don't have the time to sit down and go through all of my shipments, one by one!

Cons
I believe the cost could be slightly lower.

Anonymous

Amazing: total no-brainer

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-09-07

They make it very simple to get the refunds we deserve. One less problem and more money for my business. Win-win.

Pros
The process was very easy to set up. The team at Refund Retriever has been very supportive. Once the initial implementation was done, that was the last work I had to do.

Cons
I’m not sure that I can point to anything currently.

Meagan Sasser

Very easy solution to shipping problems

Reviewed 2019-09-18

Pros
I appreciate the hands off retrieval of refunds from shipping providers. I don't have to think about it or monitor their performance. These are refunds that would otherwise fall under the radar.

Cons
It seems that the fees are quite high. We have never paid 50% of anything for an automated service such as this.