Resource Guru Reviews - Page 2

Review of Guru

Good overall. Easy to see projects scheduled in our design studio and what projects are looked after by each account manager. Search function is great. Also makes looking at our capacity and future schedule much easier. Anything moving around is instantly updated.

Pros

Easy to update. Colours for each account manager. Easy to plan schedules and build timelines on larger project. Good to see overall capacity and amount of time already scheduled in / availability.

Cons

Would prefer more navigation function (zoom, click and drag

Hi James Thanks for sharing your feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we offer different zoom settings and you can learn about them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942101-zooming-in-and-out You can also right click and drag to move around your schedule, or use a touchpad or arrow keys as well as the scroll bars. I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do to help at any point, please just let me know :) Thanks, Kat

Man with a plan

Pros

Helps effortlessly plan resource allocation and gives a great overview of the entire team's workload. It is easy for all to follow and keeps everyone in the loop.

Cons

Would be good if it could integrate with other project management tools e.g. Trello.

Hi Steven Thanks for leaving a great review! I wanted to let you know that you can certainly connect Resource Guru with the other tools you use to run your business. If you have some programming capabilities at your end you might be interested in our API. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/ Alternatively, our Zapier...

Simple and intuitive scheduling software

Overall, this software is the easiest scheduling software that I have ever used.

Pros

The product interface is very well designed and very easy to use. There is a very short learning curve. It is easy to create new clients, projects, resources, etc. It is also easy to move the date of bookings, copy and paste bookings to other resources, and split or delete bookings.

Cons

The major feature that is missing is that Resource Guru does not have a native feature to alert resources of new or changed bookings. We currently manage this using Zapier, but it requires us to have another 3rd party software subscription.

Fleksible and easy to use resource management tool

Verry happy. It replaced Our old manual Resource management sheets, giving us an flexible solution, enabling online editing and availablitiy, easy extraction og management reports, and verry good support.

Pros

It's a modern Interface that enables verry good Visual overview of Resources. Staff need verry litle training to use the tool and it has been easy to implement.

Cons

When searching for an Activity it does not show the NeXT logical occurance, making it necessary to scroll a lot to find it.

How RG helps to streamline job planning for CIM Signs

its been ground breaking to move forward with technology - the whole team can see whats going on, you can amend stuff wherever you are, planning work and moving it about easily is such a luxury

Pros

one place that all can see to plan work and its simple

Cons

it would be nice to be able to search a particular job and see everywhere that it is booked in, even if listed. it would also be awesome to be able to break a job down in to all its component parts with times, then allocate to people in different departments - ie 1 hours design, 15 mins ordering product, 2 hours making, 4 hours fitting - they could all be one job, but using different people (resources)

Please see why did you make the switch

Pros

-East to use -Visually pleasant -Free -Versatile (eg. can add time off and shows in different colour)

Cons

I did not really find any cons with Resource Guru. However, perhaps it would be nice to have an option of integrating with Microsoft Outlook?

Great Application

Pros

Very easy to use, great view of the teams calendars

Cons

Needs more advanced functionality, an undo button and some audit facilities.

Hi Sue Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that we have firm plans to release an undo button and an activity log in the future, and this will make it easy for you to analyse any changes in your account. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news. I hope this helps! Please don't be a stranger if there's anything we can help you with at any point. Thanks, Kat

Great tool for easily managing your resources!

We like using this tool because we can see how things can be more efficient, like resources taking on more than one job at a time. Or providing someone with some downtime because we can see they've been overbooked for awhile.

Pros

This software is intuitive and easy to use. The colour coding makes is simple to make sense of what we are looking at - what resources are available and not.

Cons

The software has everything that we need for our purposes. I think we would benefit from using more of its features, but the majority of our team prefers to keep it simple as a way to save time and energy that we put into scheduling.

Completely relieved our weekly resourcing headache

Pros

Guru has great UX; it was so easy to train the other administrators in how to use it. It also gives us a perfect snapshot of upcoming weeks.

Cons

It would be nice if new projects under the same client automatically changed to the established client color.

Generally an excellent tool

Pros

I like how easy it is to track my schedule, my colleagues schedules, and our communal equipment.

Cons

I dislike getting the email with my daily schedule at midnight. I'm not sure if this is a company setting, or if the email could be moved to a more useful time or cancelled completely. It would be helpful to get an email if your schedule has been changed for the next 48 hours or similar.

Hi Rachel Thanks for your feedback! We do have plans to let you change the time of the daily schedule email in future, but in the meantime if you'd prefer to turn it off you can do this in your Settings by following the walkthrough here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942114-switching-off-daily-schedule-email-notifications I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Kat

A very user-friendly tool to plan your team activities!

Pros

I personally find very useful being able to schedule tasks for me and my colleagues in a way that is easy to compile and understand (no more multiple Google calendars for each project!). Very nice that you can also choose between having a time-based booking or specific time. In general most of the features are very user friendly and changes to tasks/events can be applied very quickly.

Cons

Unfortunately the mobile view is not very clear and it takes a few steps to go on the task-page. This means that most of the time I prefer going back to my laptop (when I can!) to insert tasks or check my schedule. An app that takes me with on tap to my task page would be highly beneficial in my day-to-day business.

Creative department

Love the product but would like to see some more detail in the functionality

Pros

how it looks in calendar view, the simple drag and drop of booking.

Cons

would like the option to customise the order of appearance (ie drag and drop). it also desperately needs an App! Could also do with the ability to customise the height of the rows so you can fit more in one view (I have 48 people I need a birds eye view of and the row height is a bit of a waste of space). Also the dashboard doesn't have wait list on it which is a pain for users. The reports are a it archaic as well so would like some more options there.

Ultimate Workflow Organization

Generally great for a quick overall scheduling tool. Easy to use and set up. As per all comments above.

Pros

Ease of use, simplistic interface, clear directions, offers straight forward visibility.

Cons

Time consuming to set up the Individuals daily hours. Not possible to alter resources image once they’ve logged onto their schedule. Not possible to link to the project management tool in order to set a budget, assign tasks to a budget to pull down time into the schedule - which can then be a time sheet.

Part-Time Power-house planning

Resource Guru has allowed us to keep track of many, many freelancers and zero hours staffs availability over a number of projects across different business divisions. This allows us to share staff easier and takes work out of scheduling and at times saves us hiring and instead lets us give others new opportunities

Pros

Recently my favourite feature has been the ability to organise groups of people into teams. It really helps with quickly identifying shifts and availability in mine and others teams.

Cons

Our issue is the time availability settings. Our work is set across multiple projects that have ever changing start times outside of the'9-5'. Since we mainly use it for operational shifting rather than day to day planning, we have to set everybody as available 12 am to 12pm everyday.

Easy to use, must have scheduling tool

The team are very responsive to questions, and have taken a lot of our comments on board. The system has definitely evolved over time.

Pros

The package as a whole is really worthwhile as it allows us to review, organise and change any element of our worforce deployment with little effort once set up.

Cons

I would have preferred it if there were a feature where you could save the entries at a point in time, so that if changes are made and they don't work that you could revert to the original plan/schedule (or some point in time, or some version)

Guru Review

Very good and wasy

Pros

The scheduling look with the bar graphs.

Cons

Capacity is tough to really gage what is happening from a project level.

The Best Way to Manage my Creative Team

I use it daily to monitor the workflow of my team and to assign new projects. It’s also a great tool to review work that has been produced across our different broadcast channels over the past year. I can see each week at a glance and click into each project for more detail. It’s a great tool to see who is across each project and who is on leave. The best tool we have for maintaining a steady workflow that is visible to various stakeholders.

Pros

At a glance I can see daily what each member of my creative team are working on. I can manage the flow of work easily and see where the availability is for more work to be assigned. The software is easy to use and the best I’ve used in my 25 yrs of working in television.

Cons

There’s currently nothing that I don’t like.

Very good

Very satisfied with Resource Guru!

Pros

Ease of use and intuitive. It can be used in different type of business spheres.

Cons

Would prefer better reporting (more visual)

Just works

Pros

It's online, live, easy to use and easy to update, GUI is nice, all information is easy in a GANTT style.

Cons

Not available on a phone!!! Needs an app, some copy paste/duplicate features could be added. Should sync better to iCal and be updatable from iCal to RG.

Hi Nil Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely copy and paste in Resource Guru - just use SHIFT+drag. You'll find a demonstration of this and other handy tips in our Help Center here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/en/portal/topics/839971-little-tips/articles I also wanted to let you know that dedicated mobile apps and two way calendar sync are firmly on our roadmap :) Thanks again, and please don't be a stranger if there's anything we can do to help! Kat

Great software to organise everything

Pros

It is a really easy to use software that it is super adaptable to everyone's way to organise. A lot of people in my department uses it, from the manager until the interns. Some people tracks every single step of a project with it, and some people just use it as a list.

Cons

It requires some investigation time to get use to it and to learn to use certain tools.

Hi Maria Thanks for your great feedback! I just wanted to let you know that we have help center articles which can guide you through how each feature works: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/ And if you have any specific queries you're always welcome to reach out to us via Happytohelp@resourceguruapp.com ! Thanks! Michelle

Simple and easy to implement and use

Due to a change in role, I haven't actively used RG for some time, however I was part of the initial rollout and setup and used it for a few years post that. It's a fantastic product, very easy to implement and manage. Highly recommend.

Pros

Simplicity and ease of use. The product was very easy to setup initially and to maintain. Very quick/easy graphical view of resources. Highly recommend.

Cons

There wasn't anything which I did not like about the product and I'm sure it has improved even further, since I last used it.

Simple and basic but effective and problem solver

It provides a birds eye view of our capabilities, quickly proving our team with the information required to manage the bookings for everyone of our 60 Devs.

Pros

That it does exactly what it should. No complex features such as budgets or projects.

Cons

We were hesitant at first because of the pricing but after using it for a few months we realized that it became a most for our Staff Augmentation business model. Our Capabilities team couldn’t survive a day without it.

Using Guru

Good for identifying where the rest of the team are working and if they are contactable. Also referencing the project codes for time sheets and expenses.

Pros

The software is easy to use and intuitive so that the learning curve is very short. No formal training was required and I was using with just a few minutes. The sending of my items to my email is a really good feature.

Cons

Really would be useful if it had its own apps on Apple and Chrome devices as having to go into the web browser and log into the site is a real pain.

Wish I Guru'd sooner!

Very happy - wish I started to use this sooner. Easy for all ages to use!

Pros

Easy to use Quick System Runs very smooth

Cons

Would love a mobile version or mobile App if possible? Maybe more colours options

Hi Katie Thanks for your feedback :) Dedicated mobile apps are firmly on our roadmap, but in the meantime the Schedule is mobile optimised, so it's easy to keep track of and edit your schedule whilst using a mobile browser. Additionally you can add Resource Guru as a shortcut to your phones home screen, so it only takes you one tap to open the app on the go. Please find walkthrough useful:...

Best capacity planning tool on the market

Understanding what my team are working on and when. Visually seeing a snapshot of capacity so I can plan new work coming into the team and manage stakeholder expectations.

Pros

I originally chose Resource Guru after extensive research of capacity planning tools. Many tools were geared more to project management or managing shift/work patterns. Resource Guru gives me what I need, I can plot and allocate time for BAU/project and ad-hoc work for my team and quickly and easily see where there is capacity.

Cons

Originally there was no ability to schedule an event to more than one team member. This has now been implemented and is a really useful tool.