Resource Guru Reviews - Page 3

User review

Very useful tool use it every day.

Pros

Colour coding for different projects, profile pics to remind me of who is who, and I like that every day it shifts along the schedule so that today is to the far left.

Cons

Need more colours as we have many projects, also icons or stickers would be helpful. If we could upload a project logo that would be ideal.

Hi Jessica Thanks for leaving our feedback! Customisation of the colour palette is firmly on our roadmap, but in the meantime if you have any programming capabilities at your end you can use our API to add custom colours. You can assign your own custom colours via API right now if you'd prefer. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/apps I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Michelle

Guru Review

Pros

Easy to set up different types of Projects. You can slide from page to page.

Cons

Hard to schedule two or more projects in a day.

Hi Will, Thanks for sharing your review. Sorry to hear you struggled to schedule more than two projects a day. You can schedule as many projects as you like, as long as the bookings fit within your resources availability. You can learn more about booking clashes here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942080-booking-clashes-the-waiting-list-overtime-and-capacity-planning Let me know if you need any help with it. Thanks, Michelle

The Resource Guru Support is Top Notch!

Pros

Our use of Resource Guru is sort of out of the box. We use it for scheduling barn space in the Agriculture Industry. The support team has always stepped up to find ways to enable Resource Guru to fit with our unique needs. If it works this well for our out of the box use, imagine how well it works for it's intended purpose. For us, the reasonable price has been worth the gamble of using a software not meant for our intended use.

Cons

In our out of the box use, the biggest con - is the speed at which the software moves from page to page. However, this might not be Resource Guru's fault. It could be our internet capabilities, or the amount of data we plug in for our purpose. For our use, I'm looking a 15-17 week time frame, like most people look at a 8-10 hour work day. If you use the software as it's intended, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

Pros

Software is easy to use and provides easy scheduling.

Cons

Feature set is very basic and does not integrate with other applications being used.

Hi Adriel Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) I just wanted to let you know, that there are a couple of ways you can try to possibly integrate Resource Guru with other tools you use to run your business. The first is to use our Zapier integration, and this requires no programming capabilities. You can read about using the Zapier integration here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app The second is to use our API if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here: https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/ I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help! Thanks, Michelle

Useful scheduling tool

Pros

How easy and intuitive it is to use, makes planning and reporting of daily tasks very simple.

Cons

Availability scheduling is in 30 minute increments, which makes it tricky for adjusting. The option for a custom setting (perhaps to account for 15 minute intervals or custom) would be helpful, though I appreciate this may be difficult!

Hi Tom - thanks for the positive review. Just FYI if you want to add increments other than 30 minutes, you can do this but you just need to type in the values. Hope that helps :)

A must have for team management

Great! Customer service has been very attentive in assisting us in getting setup on the platform and we have received positive feedback from our team

Pros

This Resource Guru platform has an intuitive design which makes it easy to use from both the administration end right through to the user. We have found it easy to implement across our external subcontractor workforce.

Cons

Compatibility to sync RG with other calendars

Hi Tom Thanks for sharing your feedback with us :) Resource Guru currently offers a one way calendar sync feature which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar. It's not currently possible to send your external calendar events into Resource Guru, but we do have plans to offer 2 way syncing in future. I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it! Please don't be a stranger if there's anything else we can do to help :) Happy scheduling! Michelle

A great, simple resourcing and scheduling tool.

Easy to implement and quick to work out. I find the simplicity of use great for new staff – particular working remotely. Calendar syncing with Microsoft on Mac has been an ongoing issue.

Pros

Ease of use. Simplicity and transparency.

Cons

Calendar integration would be great (two-way for mac). Filters show all people booked on a job/project but don't show just those bookings.

We love working with this tool and being able to see the company bookings at a glance.

Insight on how long projects are booked for, how many hours are booked against a project and if this makes sense for our sales and we're quoting projects correctly. An easy to use tool that allows us to be able to update and manage resources quickly and ever so easily.

Pros

Easy to add projects, easy to add customers, easy to add team members. The email summary sent out to everyone is great and easy for users to gain access to be able to see their work for the day/week/months coming. The reporting functionality allows us to export the information cleanly and easily for internal reporting needs

Cons

Unable to track timesheets and then be able to compare how accurate bookings vs actuals will be. Would love to be able to have Project Manager's be able to book their times through the site and then have it approved by Resource Manager.

Fast and Exciting

Knowing where you should be and when without pestering managers who have enough on their plates.

Pros

Since the last update Guru has become a faster online resource that I can't be without. I know where I should be and where my equipment is at anytime of day, where the spare car is and when my training is without wasting time on phone calls to my manager who becomes busier by the day.

Cons

Would be great to see the whole month in one go instead of having to keep scrolling.

The tool for everyday work life!

Pros

The ease of scheduling and usability. Keeps me organised and on top of my workload. Couldn't go a day without it!

Cons

We need an app version asap! I'm always on the go, so this would help a lot.

Hi Tom Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the schedule is mobile optimised, so it's easy to use in browser on your mobile device. We do have firm plans to offer dedicated mobile apps in future, but in the meantime you might find this walkthrough on creating a Resource Guru shortcut on your mobile handy: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/5466509-create-a-resource-guru-shortcut-on-your-mobile-device Hope this helps! Thanks again, Kat

Love it!

I use it every day and find it very useful!

Pros

I like how my dashboard, and my schedule section are organized. I love the daily quotes.

Cons

Integration with our business was great. I think I'm missing the possibility to attach documents to tasks.

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) All links you enter are clickable, so I'd recommend hosting your documents somewhere online like Google Drive, then add the direct link for the document in the Details section of your booking. I hope this helps!

Groupe CLR (Laval)

I am abble to have all the customer scedule in one place, accesseble to all my team at he same time

Pros

The product is Easy to use and frendly. The display is clear.

Cons

The working hours for each resources seam to be link whit overtime and reports wich i dont need

Really good software

Pros

Easy of use Clear and simple interface Reports

Cons

Extensions to third party software Only classic planning view, it could be useful to have a capacity view

Hi Regis! I wanted to follow up on your review to mention we do have an availability bar that you can toggle on or off, which shows capacity. You can find some more information about that here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar This is hidden by default to de-clutter the schedule, but might be useful to you! Cheers, Kayla

A much clearer view of work scheduled and availability

Resource Guru makes it so much easier to plan my time. It also helps me to respond quickly and accurately to job requests because I can easily see where there are gaps and where I can move projects too. I was using a spreadsheet before and Resource Guru has made life much, much easier.

Pros

I really like the fact I can clearly see what projects I have booked in and when and how much time I have free each day, week and month. It's great that I can use colour coding too to get more clarity.

Cons

I'd really like to be able to search projects to bring the right one up quickly. And I'd like there to be an app for Mac and/or iPhone.

Great app - looking forward to increased functionality

Pros

It allows my team to update resource use on their own schedule, and eliminates hours of my time in schedule and team management. I also love that I can archive resources when they are temporarily inactive, therefore saving money.

Cons

What I would like to see in the future: 1. Ability to get daily "Meeting Room" email or report of usage. (Ability to set the time that this occurs would also be helpful) 2. For events that an administrator assigns to a booker, it would be great if the booker could also edit the event. 3. Allow for same-day event schedule changes to notify the resource.

Pros and Cons of the Guru Scheduler

It has helped the business tremendously by keeping everyone on track as to what they are doing everyday as well as being able to see what is going on in the future, whether it is the next week, month year, etc. Also what has been previously done.

Pros

It helps to keep track of what you are doing everyday as well as being able to see everyone else's schedule. Like the fact you can drag appointments to another employee on the same date and/or another date.

Cons

Do not like the fact a user can delete previous appointments, such as prior week, month, year, etc. If an appointment needs to be deleted from previous week, month, year, etc., the administrator needs to be the only one that can delete it. Only the week of and future days will the user be allowed to delete or change appointments.

Great tracking, greater accountability

Pros

Resource Guru has been fantastic to work with. They have always had excellent customer service, their product is easy to use, and the bills are on-time and consistent. At this point, Resource Guru is a staple program for our college TV station.

Cons

The only thing that I would change would be allowing for custom fields on resource checkouts as a standard. There is currently a large text box for any comments, but it would be great to have the ability to name and create one line text options if you use them for every checkout.

Quality Assurance Functions

I love the new features prompts and the functionality of the tools. This software has made my job so much more enjoyable. It's 100000 times more useful than our old MS Excel trackers.

Pros

Our teams really enjoy the ability to visualize our projects and move them at ease. Our schedules are continuously changing and being able to adjust our schedule just as fast make our jobs more efficient.

Cons

I think it would be great if the dashboard view for a person who doesn't have access to view the entire schedule could view more than a week at a time. Having access to view their month would be better. Additionally, the reports don't work for our team when we pull them. (This could be due to how we are using the software but I'm not sure at this point.)

Guru

Pros

Easy overview of daily and weekly tasks.

Cons

As just auser it's impossible to move (or remove) my own scheduled events

Hi Mats Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I wanted to let you know that you can edit or delete bookings which have been made for you if you have sufficient permissions. I'd recommend speaking to an administrator in your account to request increased permissions if required. If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know! Thanks, Kat

Simple and easy to use

Pros

Simple and easy to use, with a friendly user experience that also works on mobile

Cons

Would be great to have Outlook, OpenAir, or Workday integration which we also use

Hi Jason, thanks for sharing your feedback! We actually offer a one way calendar sync which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2439382-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help. Thanks, Michelle

It allows us to readily document hours worked on each project. It would help to link it to Trello and a time tracker such as Toggl, or to add it's own time tracker, so instead of documenting retrospectively, you can time the activity as you engage in it. You could then compare this to booked hours (ie expected vs acual, as well as documenting a burn down of hours worked on a project).

Pros

It is easy to use and I can readily associate hours worked with a particular project as well as drag hours around on the schedule across different days. It easily allows multiple users and multiple projects.

Cons

We are not quite using it as intended. Some of our team are using it to document hours worked, rather than book hours to be worked. Hence, we don't need reminders about overbooking. These are a little irritating.

Squash out your excel files for assignments

It allows you to set up the whole production team with just a few clicks. The customer service is highly responsive and reliable

Pros

Automates a lot of manual stuff and gives you insightful reports

Cons

Reporting could be more detailed, but can be overcome

My Guru Review

Great ! Very easy to use.

Pros

Makes our scheduling process a lot more streamlined as we were previously using a spreadsheet for our gang availability previously. It also now means that our Operations Team also have visability & can book dates in directly while they are on site with customers

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about this software.

Operational efficiancy for dummys

Guru gives operational daily business structure and capacity to act efficiently by: showing the utilisation of your staff, centralising capacity planning, including relevant information and saving time because its so easy to handle ...

Pros

Super easy capacity planning - Who does what in which time ... Drag & Drop Colorcodes Get all at one glance Filter for views

Cons

In our case ... its not compatible to EasyJob

Best resourcing tool with an even better customer service team!

The customer services was incredible and has left a lasting impression on our organization! I would not switch my tool to anything else!

Pros

I love how easy and simple Guru is to use. We spent so many years searching for a tool to fit our needs and only Guru could do what we needed - and better yet, it is so reasonably priced!

Cons

I can't think of anything about the tool that I don't love!