Ricochet Logo

Retail & Consignment Point of Sale System

Ricochet Reviews - Page 2

Athena P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Very helpful software for consignment tracking

Up until the format was updated we had a great handle on how to use the system to fit our needs. It has proven to be a great help in that multiple users can have access to the same information. There is however an extreme lack of communication. We were not informed that the entire format was being changed and logged in one day to a new set-up with no option to revert back. Features are also disabled or removed without letting the clients know causing navigation issues.

Pros

This software is extremely helpful in tracking our consignors, their sales, percentages, and important data such as addresses and phone numbers. The newer format also allows us to add images if inventory items which will be very helpful when we have more staff available to log the inventory. It is also very helpful to be able for all users to see what inventory items are in stock vs paid out to the client as well as notes left by other users.

Cons

I don't like that the software assigns its own descriptors to each client rather than offering the user an option of using its descriptors or your own. I understand these markers are important for the automation algorithm but not helpful for many. Also, since we do not use bar-code scanning and enter all sales manually, the newer layout DOES NOT ALLOW us to find the inventory by our own parameters in the POS tab (ie. client name or consignor number). This has proven to be a time consuming annoyance.

Thanks for the review, Athena. Sorry you had trouble migrating to the newer version. We try our best to make sure we modify and keep the most essential functions as the software improves.

CL

Carina L.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

From entering items manually to full integration!

I love being able to serve my consignors and customers using one software.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the user-friendly interface. As a new business, we needed a software that wasn't going to take months of trial to figure out and that could integrate a lot of the steps to save time. I love that it has been able to accommodate our business needs as we grow and we are excited for new features to release. We also love the team behind the software who is always available to answer any questions or concerns.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the limitation on the selection of an integrated payment processor. There is basically no other option. I would love if it could integrate with square so I can take payments on my phone and on the go. Another thing I dislike is the limited information on reports. It would be great to have more bookkeeping/accounting details integrated into them. I also dislike that it doesn't have some basic features I find would be helpful as a business owner.

Thanks for the 5-stars, Carina! We are working to expand reporting this year. And our payments partner is building a mobile device as well! Hopefully, these will help sort out some of your needs this year.

KH

Kristi H.

A User Friendly Software with Exceptional Customer Support

We always feel heard by the Ricochet team and appreciate their willingness to discuss possible improvements or even explain why a desired feature may not be effective in meeting all their customer's needs. We understand that not every feature we may want is an asset for every store/shop they service. The pros outweigh the cons and we actually value their commitment to delivering a software that works but isn't overwhelmed with "bits and pieces" of features that only meet the needs of some.

Pros

We began our consignment business with Ricochet and truly believe it played a huge part in our success and is a key to our continued growth. Our team frequently comments on how easy it is to use the software. Many of us have had past experience with systems that were cumbersome and clunky; in comparison Ricochet has an interface that makes it easy to train new staff. Our new staff members quickly...

Cons

There are some features and capabilities we hope to see in the future.

Fantastic review, Kristi! Reclamation has been a part of our success too! Thanks for your commitment and thoughtful feedback.

Gary M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Not Just Consignment Software - A solution.

Barcoding, website/storefront sync integration, layaway, reporting, a loyalty program for my customers, auto-discounts, easy access to online vendor sign-in so my consigners can see what is selling, what is owed to them and when contracts are ending, it stops the unnecessary phone calls throughout the day asking if a vendor has money to pick up.

Pros

It is flexible. I can make this software adapt to my business needs. I can be a consigner, a store shop owner, a flea marketer, ebay consigner, craft store, space rentals, a retail store and so much more. If there is an internet connection I am in business.

Cons

Ease of posting products on to the website. I am hoping the new app with help out with this. I would like to use one simple method to post a product directly to my website with pictures and all. I can kinda of do it with the mobile browser but would be so much easier with a dedicated app. I think this would help our vendors to add products. Allow for other credit card company choices. I prefer Square as my credit card provider so to process credit cards I need to switch apps to process the transactions. It's a pain but not a deal-breaker. Cost is a bit high at $109 a month and an extra $39 for the website. So the total annual cost to run the software is almost $1,800 a year. You save a some money by paying annually rather than monthly.

Thanks for the 5 stars, Gary! We'll keep cranking away at new features that might fit your needs. The good news is that we have a significant update in the works to make the vendor listing process much better!

es

erica s.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

The Only Software You Need For Your Consignment Shop

Pros

The personal one on one assistance & customer support is unmatchable. Everyone on the Ricochet software team is so genuinely nice & supportive whenever you need customer support. The support team is always available and has been there for me any time that I ever called for help. They help you with any issues within minutes. I love that my consignors can view their accounts so easily & can do so with...

Cons

Honestly, I really love everything about this software. Perhaps a few features can be perfected...but I know the team will get to any of those imperfections with the next update.

Thanks so much, Erica! We love hearing such wonderful feedback from fellow experts in the consignment industry! We will keep working on perfecting those features for you.

HR

Heather R.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Best Consignment System Out There!

It makes a HUGE difference to have my consignors have access to their accounts online so they can keep track of their items if they want to. I am more saving time and energy than I realized I would.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and all the tutorial videos available so I can spend less time training my staff. I love how available the developers are to help when I have a question or an issue. I love all the stats and data they offer so I can easily track my top customers and consignors and stay on top of sales goals.

Cons

There are the occasional glitches but the team addresses them right away. It's also a bit expensive with the monthly fees compared to the one time purchasing price of the other consignment software options I have used, but you do get MUCH better service for the price. It would be nice as a small business to have a more affordable option, but I get why it costs what it does and I'm committed now!

Glad to have Trilogy on board, Heather! We understand that not every store can make monthly payments for software, but it seems that the benefits definitely outweigh the cost. Thanks, for the review!

BH

Brianna H.

LOVE Ricochet Consignment Software

Pros

I’ve personally recommended this software to many fellow small business owners! I should note that I did a TON of research on available software out there. First, the customer service is excellent. This company truly wants to ensure its users have the best experience possible. In an age of “robot support”, quickly accessing a real (and very kind) representative is just amazing! My favorite part of...

Cons

Honestly, my only complaint has been not being able to print tags from an iPad, which is something it looks like the company is planning on implementing this year!

Thanks, Brianna! This is such an incredible review! So glad you've been on board with us for so long. Our development team is literally working on mobile label printing this morning! We'll be publishing more news about that soon.

CW

Capri W.

Everyone Loves Ricochet!

I absolutely love this software and my vendors do too. Three years in and I will still receive emails from vendors saying how much they love Ricochet and the convenience it offers them. It has everything we need in one place - point of sale, inventory, and a way for everyone to track what has sold and needs replenished.

Pros

We love the accessibility of this software. We use it at our shop, at home, when we take our products out on the road, and everyone that sells with us can use it from their homes too. This software is the most important part of running my small business!

Cons

When they recently redid the interface we lost a couple (menial) features that I used often like sorting the consignors from oldest to newest or from payout large to small within the software. We can totally function without these things, but have missed it a little since the update.

Thanks for the 5-stars, Capri! We LOVE LOVE LOVE when our customers use the software to it's fullest! Glad to hear you use the tools in so many different situations, and that your consignors love it too. Thanks for your feedback as well. Definitely noted!

TM

Tyrone M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Not perfect, but it is a great solution.

We needed to streamline the inventory management processes for our store and Ricochet has made a real impact in this area for us. All of our staff really like Ricochet and have learned the new workflows very easily. We'd love to see more reporting/dashboards (or an API so we can do our own analytics).

Pros

We love that we can access the system from home or anywhere in the world. The system is actively being developed and improved which is great. We are about to expand our use of the system to include online sales, which is very exciting!

Cons

The tax setup isn't ideal for Canadian customers who have multiple taxes that are applied differently to different categories of items. Defining taxes at the category level would eliminate the potential for error when entering items. No visibility into how the data is being backed up is a concern. We aren't sure if the database is being backed up, or how frequently it is happening. To help deal with that, we can manually export inventory and accounts, but this isn't ideal.

Thanks for the feedback, Tyrone! Constantly improving and releasing new features regularly is a big priority for us. So thanks for recognizing that! As our Canadian market grows, we are working on a tax solution to help you all out. We'll keep you updated as that develops. Also! Good news on backups! Your data is actually processed on multiple servers in real-time and conducts a full backup every 24 hours. We just don't display that anywhere on the software.

BL

Bart L.

Rico Cosign Review

Overall a good experience. Customer service is prompt and helpful 9 times out of 10. It is only occasional that a problem cannot be fixed but just tolerated.

Pros

Ability to Organize Consignment Items. Multiple updates Sleek design

Cons

Some of the data analytics are lacking -Sales by product are only for store inventory. (i would like to be able to search consignment items as well) Clickable links are missing in some menus but available in others. (i.e clicking sale # to generate a receipt) There are a few other small hiccups like this that seem hard for the developers to change so they end up waiting for other users to make a...

EK

Emily K.

Excellent Consignment Software

Ricochet was a great choice for me as I started my new consignment store. I had never owned a business and had very little retail experience. I needed to focus my efforts on learning the business, and not on learning software. Ricochet is easy to use to track consignors, track inventory, and process sales. I really appreciate the customer support and the dedication to making updates. I'd love to see an app version someday so I can check on inventory and make updates remotely without having to use the web site.

Pros

I was impressed by the customer service right from the beginning. The training was thorough, and when I had follow-up questions, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was available immediately to answer my questions. They also have good training videos on youtube. I think the thing I like best is that the consignors can access their accounts from home. The convenience and transparency gives my business more legitimacy. The software always works flawlessly, it's intuitive, and they continually put out updates to make it even better.

Cons

Reports could be better. It can be cumbersome to find the info I need. Some info you can't get within the software, but can find if you export the right data. For a small operation like mine, it's fine. If you have a large business or multiple locations, the reporting might be frustrating.

Thanks for the review, Emily! Especially about Ricochet establishing more legitimacy to your business. That's wonderful to hear!

DZ

Dawn Z.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Very Functional Ricochet Consignment Software

We have a complex non-profit consignment art business in which inventory turns over completely each month or every two months. We are also staffed frequently by volunteers. This software has provided a much needed view into exactly where our business income comes from and it enables us to make better and quicker business decisions.

Pros

This functional software is easy to learn and easy to use with a quite complete Help section. There is a lot of capability built into the software which allows for many categories ans stores. The consignment versus store inventory is a nice bonus.

Cons

Being able to send sales reports to Quickbooks is non-existent. Being able to sort on Consignment inventory versus Store Inventory is also lacking. It would also be very helpful to be able to run a report on the top-selling consigners weekly and monthly, as well as the top customers daily and weekly.

Building a comprehensive online support center was one of our largest endeavors last year. We're so, so glad it's working well for you. Thanks, Dawn!

AD

Alisa D.

Ricochet Software Praise

I am very pleased, overall, with Ricochet Software. IT makes my job as owner and administrator much easier! I have on several occasions recommended this program to others, who have, in turn, been very pleased. Additionally, the support staff is easy to reach when I have questions or problems.

Pros

The Ease of using Ricochet Software is a huge plus for me as I am electronically challenged. If I should run into any problems all I have to do is contact the support team either by computer or phone, and they are always ready to help. Additionally, Ricochet Software keeps accounting details for me so I don't have to spend that extra time working on payouts and sales tax. Ricochet Software, also, figures sales prices from my original pricing in increments of thirty (30) days up to ninety days( the time allotted on my sales floor). Many customers like this feature as it adds to their "hunt" for bargains.

Cons

The consignors payout page only includes a receipt # on their monthly report rather than, additionally, describing the item that was bought.

Hey Alisa, thank you for such high praise! Glad we can keep things running smoothly and save you time managing your finances. We will pass on the love to our support team!

Monica G.

Great Choice

The software overall is amazing! The representatives are extremely professional and helpful. I plan on using Ricochet Consignment Software for many more years.

Pros

I like the convenience and functionality, Having access to the software anywhere helps eliminate any errors or miscalculations.

Cons

Cost and ease of use. As a small business owner, it's an investment to maintain. I new updates have helped with making it easier to use. However, there are a few areas of concern like searching.

Thank you, Monica! We'll pass on the love to our support team.

AH

Amanda H.

Simply the Best!

We are currently in our second year of business and have found Ricochet to meet all our business needs.

Pros

The software is super user friendly. It meets all our demands for running a business yet is not confusing to use. Customer service is always available and willing to quickly resolve any issues. Compared to other consignment softwares, Ricochet is the best deal!

Cons

Easier setup and use with necessary equipment on mobile devices would be helpful.

Thanks, Amanda! We're stoked that you're on board! And we're super excited to be working on the app this year.

RB

Robbie B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

What a great program

I mentioned our overall experience above, but I would like to add that this program has helped us streamline our process' overall. IT has been helpful on many levels. I would recommend it to everyone and if anyone wants to contact me, I'll sing Ricochet's qualities.

Pros

Our organization looked long and hard for the right program for our busy Arts Gallery. The Ricochet program has all the functions we need plus it is a very intuitive program to learn. We have several seniors that work here and everyone found the program easy to adapt to. The customer service at Ricochet is the best I've ever experienced. Not only are the staff knowledgeable, but they are also warm and friendly and personal. It's a great program and a great company. I am delighted that we switched to Ricochet.

Cons

I honestly have had no problems at all. The program fits all our needs.

Whoo! Thanks, Robbie! We're so glad Ricochet is working out so perfectly for your gallery!

PJ

Pamela J.

Retail, 1-10 employees

I would highly recommend ricochet software.

I already answered this in the first question. The customer service that ricochet provides is 100% over the top as well!

Pros

As the owner of an antique, upcycled furniture and home decor business with over 30 vendors, this software is a lifesaver! Every vendor knows exactly what they have sold 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as they can see online what their current sales are. Each item is barcoded so there is no second guessing of prices. Takes the stress out of end of the month paychecks.

Cons

The vendors complain about not being able to easily input their inventory via their smart phones. The ricochet screen on a computer or tablet is not reflective of that on a phone.

Great news, Pamela! We just finished our design mockups for vendor item entry via iPhone. It's going to be one of our largest features yet! Stay tuned.

RW

Reena W.

Retail, self-employed

Couldn't live without it!

Ricochet makes consigning products quick and easy and our consignors love having the ability to go online to check their own inventory and account balances.

Pros

Ricochet Consignment Software is incredibly user-friendly; everything is easy to find and navigate and the customer service if I ever have any questions or issues is always pleasant and quick.

Cons

There are a few functions that would be nice to have added (i.e., the ability to duplicate a product and then just change the description for similar items and the ability to automatically send account balances out to consignors via email) but there is really nothing negative that I can say about the software.

Thanks for the feedback, Reena! We actually have "duplicate products" on our shortlist of projects this spring. So hopefully we will be getting that out soon!

MH

Meagan H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Makes Our Job SO Much Easier!

Absolutely great experience overall. I appreciate the approachable customer service any time I do need to call. Very welcoming and friendly.

Pros

The ease of running payouts and payout reports is what led us to choosing this product, but we've gained much more by having it. Previously, we were writing out paper receipts, and the ease of having a register that is integrated with our consignor inventory has been amazing.

Cons

There are some minor details such as needing printed jewelry tags that I have not figured out yet. However, I have already seen improvements in the software since purchasing last year, so I expect it will continue to improve over time!

Thanks for the 5 stars, Meagan! When using a Dymo label printer, they do have jewelry label compatibility. We'll have somebody reach out to you to help get that sorted.

AL

Abraham L.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

One of the easiest consignment software!

We have no problems at all, everybody we talk to is super nice and answer our questions asap. Thank you guys for always being really helpful and quick about it.

Pros

The software is easy to handle and probably the easiest also.

Cons

There's a few small things like not being able to put 1 item description with multiple sizes from different consignors. Wish we could do the same thing like Shopify has with Instagram where you can tap on the item on your feed and it'll take you straight to our website.

Hey Abraham, thanks for the review! 5-stars! We are actually working on a pretty hefty web-integration that will empower you to list and sell directly from Instagram. It should be coming soon! Thanks for the feedback!

Christina F.

Retail, self-employed

Hands down best consignment software

I have been VERY pleased with Ricochet and how it has helped me, my consignors, and my business.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and track my business. It has really streamlined processes for both me and my consignors. As a result, I have saved myself several hours of work each week. I can't recommend Ricochet enough!

Cons

Some of the reporting isn't as intuitive as I would like but I can always get help when I need it and figure it out pretty quickly.

Thanks for the love, Christina! We have long term plans to build a pretty serious update to the reporting structure. Several new reports, new dashboard widgets, etc. We'll keep you in the loop when things start happening.

LV

Linda V.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

I love this software!

From day one the Ricochet team has been brilliant.....kind, willing to consider changes when they make sense, available quickly

Pros

Ricochet is so intuitive...even if there were non instructions I could figure it out. I does everything I need to run my consignment shop in a way that makes sense without a lot of useless features. The support has been fantastic (usually just me having a silly question) the team gets back to me in moments. I have used other consignment software and there is no comparison!

Cons

Hard to think of anything to complain about!

Wonderful review, Linda! We take a lot of pride in avoiding "feature bloat" and overcomplicating simple processes. Glad you recognize that.

Alexandria K.

Best software you'll use

Fantastic and I recommend them to everyone. Great guys, they know the business. Their software has made my life so much easier

Pros

The customer support, interface, and ease of use. You really can't go wrong. These guys takes feedback and make changes based on users suggestions.

Cons

The only thing I currently dislike is that when I want to change the status of multiple items I have to do it one by one.

Hey Alexandria, thanks for the 5-star review! We are so glad we can make your life and business easier to manage. Bulk editing product status and a few other elements is actually super high on our development list! We are expecting to work on that immediately after publishing the iOS app this winter. Stay tuned!

TS

Tina S.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

How did I live without this in business for 22 years!

I’ve owned and operated my business for 23.5 years. I did everything by hand, the old fashioned way for 22 of those years. Wrote everything down and kept all my records on paper. Yes I know, I’m a little crazy for that. Spent hours everyday doing paperwork. Approx 18 months ago, I purchased this software and my entire life changed, for the BETTER! My business has grown by leaps and bounds because all that time I used to spend doing paperwork is now used to further my business.

Pros

Everything. I love every single thing about this software. Ease of use would be #1

Cons

Only that I didn’t buy it sooner! I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about it yet. There are some features that I don’t use (that I probably should be using) that I will implement in the future I’m sure.

22 years! Wow, Tina! Clearly you are doing something right. Super glad to have your store on board!

CC

Christopher C.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

One of Our Best Assets and Advantages

Keeps us organized and easy to use- we plan to us other on-line sales features in the future

Pros

Keeps us on top of our Inventory, Consignments and Daily POS

Cons

Inability to see a snapshot of inventory for a given period

Thanks, Christopher! We have had similar reporting features requested recently. We'll be sure to add your feedback to the list.