Sage 300cloud Logo

LF

Linda F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Sage 300 for Manufacturing

Overall we are satisfied, and we have much more functionality than with our previous software.

Pros

We upgraded from Sage 50 to Sage 300 and happy we are now able to have lot control for our manufactured goods. Love the ease in finding any information required. Search works very well.

Cons

Took some getting use to regarding batches, the learning curve is longer than expected

KR

Kyle R.

Construction,

Sage 300 Review

Pros

The product does what we need it to do, which is keep the cash flow going. Recently acquired SSO for the service department which has been nice.

Cons

SM: The reporting is not very good, especially the agreement reporting. I would like to see more detail and ease with this. Also with the agreement billing/tasking. VERY labor intensive and time consuming. Job cost and PJ are fairly manual, but get the job done. Would like to see easier setup and estimating in JC.

SH

Sasha H.

Sage 300 promised much at the point of sale; but Sage 300 did not deliver.

Pros

Sage 300 had extensive reporting tools, which could be exported into Microsoft Excel and manipulated.

Cons

I least liked the fact that we had to go through a consultant to make just about any changes to our invoices/statements. It was not very user friendly or intuitive.

SS

Sarah S.

Farming, 201-500 employees

Good basic accounting system

Pros

Cheap and easy to use. This is a very basic system, great for our accounting needs but not for our manufacturing needs.

Cons

Not great visibility. Hard to run reports and drill back into details of what hit each account. Not great for our manufacturing needs

JJ

Juan Jose N.

Its our tool for register all activities for accounting

Pros

It is useful to export data to different kind of type files. it is has been installed in our server without problems.

Cons

The menu is not familiar like Peachtree (original software) and when the user make a transaction is a little hard to revert the operation.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

I really like the ease of Sage

We are a small company, so we don't need anything with bells and whistles. I fell like Sage 300cloud, fits the needs of my company well.

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate through the program. Everything is clearly organized, and you don't have to search for what you need.

Cons

There are a few minor things I don't like, nothing to make me want to switch to a different software program.

LS

Leoni S.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am Leoni and working as the debtors clerk at Namibian Engineering Corporation in Windhoek, Namibia. What makes our company unique is the quality of products and services we render to our customers. We do solar geyser, pumping, water tank and genset installations as well as roof sealing. Our company has been using Sage ERP Accpac even before I got here (since the DOS version). The Accpac Group is...

jn

jessica n.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Unforgiving

Pros

I like the lay out and it is easy to follow an order from the quote to shipping stages.

Cons

Very hard to make corrections as opposed to Sage 50

TN

Tran N.

Public Policy, 201-500 employees

BI Sage Report

Good

Pros

Sage report allows me to design and generate financial statement package quickly.

Cons

I am unable to collaborate excel formula with BI reports.

JK

Judy K.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Hemp start up company.

Excellent experience.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. The software has multiple modules to assist with a growing company.

Cons

The cost of the software as well as the cost per hour charged by to contractor for support is very expensive.

mi

magdalene i.

Construction, 11-50 employees

SAGE 300 ERP Efficiency

I began using SAGE 300 ERP to start a project that was just being implemented. I had to build a chart of accounts and record numerous transactions. I was able to do this task with this one particular software.

Pros

The pricing structure is very interesting and attractive and I liked the fact that I was able to design the financial reports based on the company/personal needs in the intelligent reporting module.

Cons

It was not very user-friendly when I tried to export the Accounts Payable report to Excel. I had to save as a CVS file then copy and paste the columns that I needed, which made it a bit tedious. I had to run the intelligence report again from the beginning because new entries were posted. I was not able to edit anymore once I posted the entries so I had to make a reverse entry.

MM

Misti M.

Mediocre

Pros

Easy for companies that do a lot of mass hiring or contractors. Great for multiple managers and multiple jobs. Approval of time for hourly employees is easy.

Cons

The various ways you can get lost in the system without even realizing where you are. It did not feel like there was defined roles.

TB

Tim B.

A little too difficult to navigate and too bulky but a decent product

Pros

Sage lets us easily build chats of our accounting files and projects and input our payments/receipts in one place that everyone can access no matter where or when. There are some great features once you learn how to use the program and get used to some of the shortcuts that will help you overcome being afraid of navigating this program.

Cons

As I sort of mentioned above, this program is OK at what it does but it can seem a little bulky and can be tough to navigate for newer users who are unfamiliar with the program. Training new users can be a daunting task and time consuming but once they get it, this will make your life easier.

TP

Tate P.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Inability of Sage 300 to do what Sage 200 did

We are nearing the end of a migration of our accounting package from Sage 200 to Sage 300. Our business requires us to put detailed descriptions in our purchase orders. The native field in Sage 300 only accommodates 60 characters; we need at least 130 characters in the field. We are told that we must purchase a third party program (nearly plus annual maintenance costs) in order to do in Sage 300 what we used to do in Sage 200. This is not providing good value.

Pros

Nice graphic user interface. Reasonable level of transactional capability, although the native version is weak on analytical capability.

Cons

Inability to provide same features as Sage 200. Substantial differences for the same functions. Seems to be from a different company.

WS

Wendy S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Sage Review by Wendy Sutton

Pros

there is not really anything I like about

Cons

not easy to use or view financial information

201-500 employees

3 years of difficulties and workarounds

Pros

It was easy to navigate and creating custom dashboards was helpful for the majority of our users and their roles.

Cons

There was so much. The database was a mess as far as naming conventions. Costing was not uniform across the platform. We had selected Standard cost for the whole system then later found out that many of our transactions were using weighted moving average to calculate cost anyway and that we could not change it. We had to add so many third party modules and workarounds. We are selecting a new ERP.

RS

Ric S.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Sage 300 Premium (2018) with Inventory and Job Costing

Would love to change to something more modern with better job costing and reporting capabilities.

Pros

Like driving a jeep - usually gets you where you need to go, but not elegantly.

Cons

Poor integration of modules (lots of posting and reposting batches). Not at all a modern feel. Job costing is horrendously complicated and very difficult to keep reconciled. Reporting is antiquated and completely inadequate. Surprising for such an old program. Feels like an upgrade from a DOS version.

RS

Robyn S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Sound software

Would definitely purchase!

Pros

I’ve used a lot of their products. My favorite was Peachtree but this one was a good second. Very sound and reliable.

Cons

It wasn’t as user friendly as I had hoped. Navigation was a little challenging but after about a month it got much easier.

AA

Anthony A.

Construction,

Archaic not user friendly late keeping up with new technology

Pros

The project management portion of the software appeared at first to be a good tool. the more we worked with the product, the more we disliked it. Very difficult to find information, not good reports to show complete picture of job profitability, have to assemble different reports to come up with good clear picture of job cost status. the accounting software portion is archaic, again extremely hard to work with, archaic system, very ineffective and incurred substantial loss of productivity.

Cons

Must spend on training to understand how to navigate through the software and find the information we need. It is evident that the software provided neglected reinvesting in this product and making it user friendly and up to par with other software on the market today.

TS

Tobias S.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Very Dated from IT Analyst's Perspective

I would love to blame this application on being dated but I have even older software than this running with no issues on Windows 10. Unfortunately this was badly done 20 years ago and they have not bothered to invest much in it ever since.

Pros

Our users don't complain about it too much, unless it breaks. It has run our School's finances for years

Cons

Its so badly written and dated. The program has real issues with installing and conflicts with Windows basic securities. For example it does not like being installed in the usual programs folder, you have to run a batch file after the install to overwrite the DLL security, there is another registry hack you have to use to allow a non computer administrator to run the program. When it sends emails out...

DC

Dina C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Sage 300Cloud

it has been good. We have used Sage for years so upgrading to the cloud was an obvious step

Pros

It is easy to important my information from Avanti to Sage 300 Cloud

Cons

I don't work with it enough to have any negative feedback.

Graphic Design, self-employed

There's better options out there

Pros

I started my business accounting using this software and quickly realized it had way more features than I needed for a sole proprietor. If you run a large organization with lots of employees you will probably utilize more of those functions.

Cons

There's a huge learning curve, it's not intuitive, and it's very expensive. There are lots of accounting programs available that are easier to use and a lot more affordable (ex. Wave is free and gets the job done).

SS

Sherman S.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

I recommend software and engineering solutions to clients in facility management, fleet management and inventory software

Pros

It has a menu base approach so the clients can pick and choose according to their needs. The prices for the various modules is reasonable

Cons

Service to many countries is hard to find. A minimum amount of training built in the price may help

AB

Achour B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Sage Review

Pros

Easy to navigate, and very easy to customize

Cons

troubleshooting can be very hard sometimes.

Shiawtian C.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Great Accounting Cloud To Be Using

Pros

I really like how everything can be sync from their online automatization processing application to the sage accounting system. We can process PO, invoices, and payments a lot faster with the adopt of Sage 300. Also, it is relatively easy to pick up and understand how the accounting system is set up

Cons

The sync tool automatically occurs after a day which can result in a delay when another user makes an update on their end with manually syncing.