SAWIN Reviews

Service Automation - The Perfect Software for Home Services Companies, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical

This software has made our business more efficient. Their customer service is great and the developers are easy to work with.

Pros

It has a solution for the following parts of our business. Dispatch, accounting, AP, AR,GL, Inventory, Job Cost, paperless invoicing, web mobile tech application, payroll, customer notification system, customer web portal.

Cons

We have been using this software for 20 years. We have no complaints.

HAVE COMPLETED 3 FISCAL YEARS WITH SAWIN AND NOT THE FIRST COMPLAINT

SAWIN has made a positive effect on virtually all aspects of our business. We are able to respond quicker and provide a better class of service to our customers due to SAWIN's real-time mobile module. Our technicians have information at their disposal that was not available with manual billing and they can review call history, A/C system prior readings and they have the information they need to be the best technician they can be. It has stream-lined back office accounting, cash flow and the timeliness with which we can provide management with the information they need to effectively manage everything from a single job up to the entire company.

Pros

Where do I start. From the initial contact with SAWIN, their staff and sales team were presenting to you facts pertaining to their software. Absolutely no hi-pressure sales tactics as there is no need. The set up is comprehensive and a SAWIN support team member walks you through and educates you as you process through. The web-mobile invoicing from the field improves cash flow, reporting deadlines...

Cons

We have been on SAWIN through 3 fiscal years and I have no complaints.

Review SAWIN

My overall experience with SAWIN was pretty good, it would have been better with more support or training and that isn't completely SAWIN's fault.

Pros

SAWIN is a pretty good program, it was just harder to work in then ServiceTitan. I found it much easier to work with ServiceTitan and they have a great online support team that I didn't have with SAWIN. I learned SAWIN pretty much on my own with little to no support or training and I learned it pretty quick so I cant say it wasn't user friendly because it was to a point. Overall, if I was to rate it in comparison to ServiceTitan I'd give SAWIN a 6 and ServiceTitan a 9. They both come with their own challenges and of course good qualities.

Cons

To move between modules within SAWIN where not always easy to do or figure out how to do but it did get better before we switched programs. Basically the flow was not as smooth as I would have liked.

SAWIN Pro 3.0 review

SAWIN's experience level with understanding the operation and needs of the HVAC industry is reflected in their software providing functional software to management both installation and service activities within an HVAC business. The inclusion of imaging, web invoicing, and smartphone/tablet mobile interface adds significant business functionality that effectively supports the need of the HVAC industry.

Pros

SAWIN provides functional software for the HVAC industry. Significant improvements have been made to the 3.0 version of the software in the areas of reliability, functionality, and performance. Going to a full SQL database design in 3.0 has significantly improved issues and user responsiveness. Imaging, web invoicing, and SAWIN Mobile are now mature enough to be reliable and functional for HVAC office and field staff.

Cons

As with any vertically integrated industry specific software, functionality and improvements are driven by user feedback and comments. Some functionality of the software took a long time to mature to the point it could be considered reliable. Issues still come up that are head scratchers as to why they are occurring for software that should be considered mature and thus suggest a need for better quality assurance testing. Fortunately, support staff seem to be able to quickly resolve identified issues and apply appropriate remediation. Mobile credit card processing should be better integrated with the SAWIN Mobile app to make it easier for field staff to take and process service payments.

Stuck In the past

Pros

The functions of being a dispatching and accounting system just works. Nothing really fancy but work well for what it is.

Cons

Lack of reports or being able to be reactive to changes. Everything costs more money is custom. You want to know how much each induvial tech made each week or month that will be x amount of money to program that. Those sort of responses to what should be basic functions are not there. Also a lot of down time issues and lack of support. Very slow Response times.

Complete business software system and great support.

We've been using the system since 2003 and originally chose it because of the superb dispatching capabilities. Since then through user feedback and capable staff, they've added many useful features and automation capabilities. They continue to impress us each and every year with the level/availability of customer support and the growth of the system. The mobile piece of their system has reduced...

Pros

The SAWIN system is one of a few business software systems that handles all aspects of running a successful contracting business.

Cons

The software does everything it claims but could be a little more user intuitive in certain areas. However, with a little training and experience it becomes easy to follow.

SAWIN - An Users Experience

Pros

I use SAWIN daily in my job in the heating and cooling industry. I find it to be a very easy to use and well developed model for effective communicaiton with my technicians out in the field. Everything is very compact, well-organized and it is always very quick and free of any bugs or technical issues. Customer service is also incredible with this product and someone is always available to talk me through questions and concerns.

Cons

I have yet to find any negative issues in this program.

Good product

My overall experience with SAWIN is it allows my guys to do their paperwork neatly, quickly (because of the talk to text feature) and sends the invoice to our customers immediately.

Pros

The support group is incredible, the system is easy to work with from my perspective, for booking calls, creating PO's, and finding info. Creating checklists for my techs and the mobile apps for my techs

Cons

You are limited on how to get KPI's for techs, and they are not always representative of the "real" dollar value that each tech generates

A Decent Software for Finances

The whole time I worked with SAWIN the company I was with wanted to change to a different program. It had a lot of glitches and issues, but it worked for what we needed for the most part.

Pros

It stored and maintained financial information as well as offering a scheduler to dispatch with.

Cons

Overall very funky programming. The support team is difficult to work with and the interface has a lot of issues.