ServiceM8 Reviews - Page 2

Great program, easy to use and a helpful support team

The program is great, and relatively easy to use, when I couldn't figure out something or asked if the program is able to do a particular thing, support is always willing to help. Answers are not always within the hour or a few hours but that is understandable. I just wished that I switched from reckon to MYOB at the same time I started servicem8 as the duplicate materials and customers were a huge pain. But I have no doubt that it would have gone smoothly if it was all set up at the same time, as it is running fine now that I have sorted the duplicates and understood more about how servicem8 syncs with MYOB.

Pros

that I can work on this for almost everything (except purchase orders) then when the invoice is sent, its over to myob to receipt everything. Also the job costing charged per job is great, however some months we could have lots of small jobs which add up to be an expensive month and other months there are a lots of larger jobs so it evens out over the period.

Cons

it doesn't do purchase orders yet! also some little issues about how it syncs with myob eg, I can't receipt payment in servicem8 then send to myob and be automatically ticked off in the bank feed in myob, if i didn't have the bank feed in myob it would be fine. I have now decided to sent it to myob for all receipting of payments, and it comes back to servicem8 and is noted as paid when it does get paid anyway.

Service M8, my hero!

Help me! Service M8 is my only hope! I am a large, robust, and intimidating man, so I am told. However, when it comes to Field Service Software, I am very much the quintessential damsel in distress. I have tried Fleetmatics, Mhelpdesk, Servicebridge, FieldProMax, FSM by Corrigo, and a few others with no success, with nothing to show for it, but less hair on my head and elevated cortisol...

Pros

It works! It is simple and easy to use. The support is super stellar!!

Cons

iOS only, no equipment tracking.

ServiceM8 evolutionised our filed services business processes

Were we a small business stuck in paper-based processes full of duplication and inefficiency. We explore so many options but found we couldn't afford most of the offerings available and found they didn't match our needs. We had considered expensive customised systems but found they too were stuck in the 19th century way of doing things. We needed a simple, cost effective cloud system to revolutionise...

Pros

Simple, easy and effective. Plus the price - perfect for us!

Cons

No system can suit all customer preferences, so there are a few things we would change, but otherwise ServiceM8 is terrific and can't be faulted.

ServiceM8 is very good we have used it for years and have recomended it to other trades. We were using paper and phone calls for job dispatch before we started using servicem8. We understood business and new how to run efficiently so we were only prepared to choose a system that enhanced our ability and not overcomplicate matters. We chose it over several other field service software providers, and we havent looked back.

Pros

it is very easy to use, it is extreamly cost effective. It is powerful. it is easy to make it work the way that suits your individual needs. Field staff use it instinctivly with very little training generally half an hour and in some cases staff just start using it with almost no training and just the odd question now and then. Our customers are impressed with how professional a tradesman in the field can be using serviceM8 on the iphone, especially when they get emailed the invoice while we are still on site.

Cons

there is no specific parts of servicem8 that we dont like.

Great software for small trades businesses

ServiceM8 has been an integral part of my small electrical business for quite some time now. It is easy to use, requires minimal staff training, and is very flexible when combined with available add-ins such as Forms. I am a sole trader and sm8 has enabled me to reduce my office time from approx 10hrs per week to 2hrs per week. This has been achieved by invoicing clients directly from on site and using the forms add-in to go 100% paperless (except for incoming invoices etc.) I would recommend any business owner who is not using similar software to give it a go and im sure after the setup phase you will be impressed.

Pros

Forms add-on. Ability to access job history from anywhere anytime.

Cons

Inability to use purchase orders.

I kinda like ServiceM8 a whole lot.

I was on another platform that felt like it was built on matchsticks. Every time there was a update something else would collapse. ServiceM8 seems to have a solid base as I use to hold my breath when an update would come up but it just got better hassle free.

Pros

Easy of use and it kinda makes sense to us Tradies. New employees seem to pick it up very easily and they like using it. Adding multiple photos is SO easy. The sync with Xero is great also.

Cons

That you can't update Clients email addresses in the job so you need to edit it and save it in the Clients profile. But i'm sure they will be updating that soon.

Brilliant software to manage jobs and staff for any service based business.

ServiceM8 has been the single best system we have ever implemented in our business. It allows us to manage our jobs and staff far more productively, and ensure that no job is ever missed. Since implementing ServiceM8, our productivity has doubled, so that we are now twice as profitable with the same number of staff. We could not possibly consider what business life would be like without ServiceM8.

Pros

The system gives us full visibility of all our jobs and how they are progressing. It provides our staff with instant access to the information they require to complete their work in a professional and timely fashion, and allows them to instantly invoice clients for completed work (and even take immediate payments), which dramatically improves our cashflow.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Thanks Mark!

ServiceM8 Critique

Introduced to ServiceM8 by a fellow contractor about 2 years ago. Once we understood how it worked, we have never looked back. Changed for the better the way we used to issue quotes and invoices

Pros

Convenience of being able to issue quotes and invoices immediately when on site Time saving as no longer have to spend hours after work writing up invoices and quotes Great job scheduling/dispatch and reminders Relatively easy to use even for a tech dunderhead like me Good monthly analysis tools Very reasonable and fair pricing schedule based on user pays principles Fantastic "Help" people on the other end of the phone when needed

Cons

Having to pass on credit card fees is a negative for many customers but we realise this is most likely not a ServiceM8 charge but greedy banks screwing all of us all the time

service m8 review

overall the system has improved our job visibility and implementation has been a success. I feel the developers are too focused on adding new features rather then improving the existing ones. There are numerous, well lets say quirks to the software that are not being dealt with.

Pros

this software has allowed us to add photos ect to our invoice for our client. It has also allowed us to keep a time/date record of job completion times to assist with any client enquiries. syncs invoicing with accounting software eg MYOB, ZERO

Cons

Online support is time consuming. Annoying quirks in the software detract from its usability and time saving features. Reporting Is absolutely rubbish needs massive improvement no way to track simple data like quote conversion rates ect. More focus is needed on improving the current software rather then adding new features.

Very easy to use job management software. Easy to pick up on the fly and get new staff up to speed.

The ability to streamline a small business with this software ensure that small business that implement Servicem8 will see an uptick in productivity and also regain time they previously spent on managing their business using paper/older systems.

Pros

It provides small/medium size business an affordable job management solution. The software is constantly evolving and new features are being added and expanded upon. For people who are after an easy to use quoting, invoicing and job management software, it's hard to look past Servicem8.

Cons

Some of the features such as badges are a bit basic and feel like they could be fleshed out more. I've no doubt this will happen over time though. iOS only for the phone apps leaves the android market out in the cold. Would love to see the software expand onto the android platform as well.

Best CRM for Startup Companies

When we started our company back in 2014, I researched for a CRM for a span of 4 months. I was looking and searching almost daily, for hours at a time. Tested a lot of the CRMs, and by far, ServiceM8 was the top choice. ServiceM8 is great out of the box, but has many useful add-ons that are both useful and easy to add. The cost is very economical, especially in those first few months/years...

Pros

easy, modern, ios app, functional, so much more.

Cons

for non ios users, they won't be able to use the app.

With so many customers ServiceM8 ensures my company is always professional and technology superior.

Pros

When customers call me I can answer them by name. This is such a powerful tool and it builds customer loyalty through the roof, as they are just amazed that I remember them. Customers miss this personal contact that other companies fail so bad on. Taking credit card payment on your phone is a close 2nd but IOS contact hits the home run.

Cons

Can't create short cuts. I have a lot of repeat business and wish I could just click one button to create a new job that replicates everything from the old job. I could then adjust pricing and book it in for the next service. At the moment there are too many key strokes and you need to be careful not to forget anything. Please look into this as I'm sure I can't be the only one out there who would love this to happen.

Great Mate

I've been using SM8 for 12 months now and it has escalated our job organisation and customer impression significantly.

Pros

Easy to Use. Affordably scalable. Cloud based, mobile and desktop friendly. Networkable. Helps us keep great communication between field workers and customers in a way that puts us in a class above the rest. Live tracking of field workers for both head office and customers. Integrated 'Request a Quote' web button on our site that converts all the web-request form info into a SM8 job in an instant. Support is fast, personal and determined to find or create solutions.

Cons

Features I find myself wishing for: customisable fields for added data collection on jobs (e.g. a way of recording and reporting marketing information. We always ask, "Where did you find us?" but there's nowhere in SM* to record that information in a way that I can print a report at the end of each month to show where our advertising is working.)

Amazing App! A must have for any service delivery business!

This system entirely runs my business from start to finish and makes life very easy. Amazing app, features and great tech support. Have recommended it to many and will continue to do so.,.

Pros

Features are best in market - the servicem8 team are flexible with feedback and implementing ideas from users. If ideas get enough votes / popularity then they get attention and often implemented. Creating a fantastic feeling of inclusion in the app and ability to have an affect on the app you use.

Cons

No video support in app and also diagram drawing on iPhone should be available. No support for non iPhone users with android app.

Free time for serviced based industries

After being a ServiceM8 user and loving the efficiencies a plumbing based business gained we became a partner so we could spread the word and help other businesses. There is nothing better than seeing the relief on a business owners face and their demeanor change when they realize they can run a business without having to spend all night doing the invoicing. By streamlining their workflow and enabling them to invoice on the job - as well as collect payment from customers on the spot it reduces a lot of the daily stress of running a small business.

Pros

Ease of use, workflow automation, price, new functionality always being released.

Cons

Reporting is a little light on but improvements are coming soon.

Fantastic invoicing software.

This has helped with my small business looking big and professional organized. Very helpful with recording of pictures, gps navigation, auto times tracking, note recording , check list and many more helpful tips to organize files.

Pros

Cons

Will love to see electronic signature on email response for authorization of work contracted. Also love to see additional authorization signature for unforeseen change orders or additional work authorization.

Nothings as Gr8 as ServiceM8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cash flow was shot, jobs were getting misplaced on bits of paper, and we never knew for sure if and when jobs were being completed and then billed out correctly, and in a timely manner!

Pros

Flexibility of being able to have multiple level logins. Great real time messaging and being able to check photo's to help with tech supporting on road staff! The ability to bill then and there and have your whole pricelist at the touch of your fingertips!

Cons

It would be great if you could tell if the staff member was checked into a job, by the job changing colour or have some sort of symbol on it to say it was being actioned.

Easy job management software

We were looking for a way to ensure that info about a new enquiry was safely logged, ServiceM8 does this and allows anyone on the team to add more details, log time spent on jobs and so on. We are now much less likely to miss out invoicing opportunities for "when you're passing" or "can you just" type jobs that really should be charged for.

Pros

It provides a central record for everyone on the team, so if in doubt, stick it with the job (or client) record then nothing gets lost. It's cloud based, so no more server worries. It integrates with Xero. The support team are fast to respond and helpful.

Cons

Trying to make our own forms :( No standard mark-up available for quoting Quoting system doesn't really work for us

Swimart Somerton Park

Easy to use, quoting and invoicing is made easy, keeping track of jobs and service technicians. The clocking in and out of jobs helps us for invoicing time on site and also deal with customer queries and complaints, we are able to log back into job and answer any onsite questions about time spent on site, photos help when we need to order parts etc. and notes about what was done on site. Fanstastic.

Pros

sms clients to let them know we are on out way, ease of communicating with our techs out on the field, invoicing straight to xero.

Cons

not able to delete all the existing materials as a lot of it is wrong or doubled up. Would like to deleted all the data and reload again.

Excellent Value for Money

I was recommended this software but as I was using android base hardware it put me off so I tried a few other software program's without any success and a lot of money out of my pocket. I eventually tried Service M8 and adapted the IPads to my business and have not looked back. I can only say why did I not use this earlier. It now has streamed lined my business and we have formed a strong structure in moving forward and having the capabilities of growing to meet the our customers needs. This has become a great asset which is promoted through my Company's profile and commitment to my existing and future clients.

Pros

The ease of operation and live up to date information.

Cons

Not being able to open up multiple jobs at once and also when a job is open it need to be bigger to see more of it on the screen

You run a service business and are not using service M8?? Ask yourself why!

I started running my business with spreadsheets that were time consuming slow and easily corrupted. I hunted for an App to work on my iphone and found service M8. I started using it and was immediately impressed. I had previously worked for a large organisation that implemented a so called "larger and better package" that didn't work half as good as service m8.

Pros

ease of use on web page and iOS. quote, convert complete and invoice in the palm of your hand. Reporting details, custom set-up and calander interaction.

Cons

Searching within the app for current jobs. It could be the way I'm using it however when I search id like it to order in level of most recent.

Awful Customer Service and ethics

Expensive for the instability of the software. Their customer service is pursuant to their financial gain and not of customer satisfaction

Pros

Really intuitive and with huge potential

Cons

The customer service is awful and misled

Clean, intuitive software

The best service software we could find. Easily has the best interface on mobile devices, with well laid out and clean menus.

Pros

This software has no contract like some, so it was very easy for us to try it out for several weeks with literally no money required.

Cons

It does not integrate with QB Desktop, and so far we have not found online accounting software to meet our needs. So for the time being we double enter much information. :(

I'm blown away by how simple Servicem8 makes it to run a small business

I've been using Servicem8 for several years now for my small painting company. By far the most beneficial part is using Servicem8 quote templates, by doing so I've reduced quoting times down from 30+ minutes to only 3 or 4. Invoicing times are way down too. The ability to add a "request a quote" link to my Facebook page and website is amazing and simple. I am now starting a referral program and its been bugging me as to how I was going to track where new clients came from, but sure enough Servicem8 have this all covered. None of this would've been possible if it wasn't for the continuos help from the Customer Support team. Now that I'm using Servicm8 for my company I feel the only thing stopping my business from becoming a much bigger business is me.

Cons

Excellent invoicing tool for small business.

As a new small business starting up, I needed a simple to use, practical invoicing system capable to function for a field service plant mechanic. Searching the web I found Servicem8 & haven't looked back. Not knowing computers in & out, any issues that have presented themselves have quickly & informatively been rectified by the ever helpful support team.

Pros

1.Ease of use while in the field working. 2. Support is excellent.

Cons

Only on my part not being computer efficient enough to use Servicem8 to its full potential.