ServiceTrade Commercial Reviews

4.66/5 (239 reviews)

David Hayward

Flexible tool for completing job paperwork

Reviewed 2016-08-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The vendor spent several days at our company training us. He showed us how to use the app and web site and then reviewed our paperwork after we had spent a day in the field of actually using it on OUR jobs, on location. This was key to help us refine the details of how to properly use the software. The software allows us the flexibility of downloading paperwork from our main office to our tablets used in the field and uploading inspection and service forms and images back as scanned .pdf or .jpg files from the field, fillable .pdf's from the app, images directly from the tablet camera, or images and files stored on the hard drive, they can be emailed to the app or downloaded through the web site. This flexibility allows us to use many means to accomplish our work. I have found that the scanner app I used previously can share the scanned files directly with service trade without opening any other app, I used to have to scan the document, close the scanner app, open the file, share it to my email and then fill in the email address and other info to email to the recipient. This software also makes it easy to include a photo to document work that needs done or problems that need to be corrected as well as a quick image of the completed job to document how it looked when we left.

Cons
We currently have to continue using our old method of paperwork as well as using service trade to make sure there is nothing lost until everyone is comfortable with it so we have to do the paperwork twice. The software is internet based so in remote locations without Wi-Fi or good cellular reception it can be nearly impossible to get or send the paperwork. Some of the work can be downloaded before traveling to the site, completed in the field and then uploaded after returning to an area with good reception but this doesn't allow accurate timestamp of arrival and departure and the signed work order has to be left open until it can be uploaded.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Travis Nesland

Review of service from a developer who interacts primarily with the API

Reviewed 2016-10-21

ServiceTrade is very feature rich and I'm impressed by the variety of use cases that it handles and wealth of features. However for us, this plus is often a downside. We have very specific use cases and sometimes the way data is setup in service trade is not the best fit for us. However, this isn't really a complaint, rather an observation. If ServiceTrade was to fit our needs better, it would not fit the needs of other organizations. I've been impressed with the responsiveness of the service and development teams who have provided timely and detailed answers to questions I have raised.

Pros
Feature rich UI.

Cons
With the wide use cases, it often feels like I'm having to solve two or three problems to solve one of our internal problems. Meaning, it is sometimes a complicated process to map a feature request in our domain to an implementation integrating service trade... but I don't know that there is a way to solve that. It is the nature of the service trade platform to have to accommodate a wide variety of use cases, and I understand that.

cady Johnson

Cady with FirePro

Reviewed 2016-10-21

I have been using service trade for over year now. Every time I need help or have a question about the program I get amazing feed back from your techs. They are always fast and go above and beyond what was asked. Navigating in this program is very easy and I find the videos very helpful. I also enjoy the online classes like Ned talk they are very informative. My only wish is that you would do an informative training class for users around Oregon or at least some where easier to get to then Carolina. You have added so many new useful things in the past year and i'm always excited to see whats new. I would recommend this program to anyone very efficient and easy and there are so many amazing features. I would rate this company an overall 5 stars in customer service we love being with your company!

Pros
I would honestly be typing for days if I listed all the pros to being with your company. You guys are great in customer service and your program!

Cons
Wish there was a training class on this side of the country. It would be nice to talk to other users in a group setting and see what everyone else has learned.

Lorna Wilson

Great potential

Reviewed 2017-02-13

I pretty much feel like we got a product that was still in Beta testing. We've had issues with porting item lists, and Quickbooks Online that falls short on seamless integration. When I reach out to tech support I have to repeatedly defend and support my complaints until someone believes me and then gets someone to look into it. The interface is not as user friendly as I had believed it was going to be, without some computer language skills the errors are impossible to decipher. We were very excited to get set up with Servicetrade, and for the most part, it is serving our needs and helping us stay organized. Unfortunately a bulk of the services I was keenly interested are reserved for larger companies or a minimum amount of techs; the customer portal and feedback option were very desirable selling features. And even though we bought 4 extra tech accounts that we don't need just to get set up at all, these services still could not be made available.

Pros
Asset management and reported deficiencies are fantastic for both customer service and generating future revenue.

Cons
Limited capabilities in invoicing, manually have to add sales taxes to each transaction, cannot change or alter item description. Does not always integrate 100% to QBO, failed invoices with no real explanation (maybe 1 in 20 occurrence). For whatever reason email never port into QBO invoices, always have to manually add. Error messages are illegible/not in plain english for easier understanding and trouble shooting.

Niki Pothorski

Grade A Software

Reviewed 2016-11-04
Review Source: Software Advice

It is quick, easy, and to the point. I have been in the hood cleaning industry for a little over 12 years now and have went through several changes with software devices. A few for example are; Outlook, Quickbooks, Timberline, Citrix trying several ways to making thing easier. ServiceTrade is smooth sailing for me. Once I was introduced to this system I picked on on a lot of things rather quickly so it is very easy for a self teaching program.

Pros
You can not really make a mistake. I like the fact you can get into the system and explore every option that you have to work with. I really like how you can enter all notes into the system and everything stays together making it very easy and accessible for the next time we services the locations. Over all in general the PRO to this system is it is quick, easy, & efficient!

Cons
There isn't really anything I do not like about the system except for the normal glitches where everything freezes sometimes and doesn't record your information cause it was in freeze mode. Other than that I have no complaints.

Chris Chamberlain

organizes and handles a lot of the tasks for scheduling technicians

Reviewed 2018-05-24

It has a lot of good features to organize a workforce of technicians

Pros
Easy to schedule a tech, see jobs location and schedule another nearby job. Allows you to see a weekly calendar of Customers and techs scheduled .

Cons
When looking at a customer location and looking at past jobs, can not tell services performed on that job. You must click on each one to see services performed, very difficult to find a particular service when multiple services on 1 job.

Nathan Blankenship

Overall it is a lot easier than having loads of parerwork. I use it every day for fire sprinkler ins

Reviewed 2017-08-22

It takes away a lot of the anxiety and stress that would come from just normal paperwork

Pros
The speed is what I like most. It makes the work go so much faster and it makes it a lot easier to organize.

Cons
I have had a few times where I have all the deficiencies done and I go to fully complete everything and all my writing is gone from deficiencies but the pictures that I took are still in there. I don't know what happened but it gets extremely annoying

Neil Dowd

One of the best tools that can be used for the service industry

Reviewed 2017-08-21

Pros
The ability to have technicians know exactly what they are going to service before they get to the customers site. Also, I like the map part to know where a technician is going.

Cons
Not being able schedule a job from the phone version. It would be nice to have it so a technician could schedule from their phones to cut down on the amount of devises a tech needs.

Michael Bennett

Been using it 8 months at it surpasses any program I've ever used 28 years in my field

Reviewed 2018-05-25

Not going to office being to get started earlier

Pros
Ease of use the speed of which my uploads ,are once I enter my upload I'm done .I like being to see my schedule on my phone or tablet and not having to go to the office to pick up or deliver reports and I can clock in and out and track my time it's great.

Cons
Once I upload I can not go back and make changes or correction even if I have not closed the job I have to create another report and email office of changes made be still it is a great program

Lisa Gustin

ServiceTrade Review

Reviewed 2016-08-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Ease of use. Readily available customer techs. Ability to schedule jobs, receive job paperwork and create quotes in one location. Quoting templates, speed of quoting and speed of revisions.

Cons
We do not like the minimum 24 hour scheduling window because we have multiple inspection customers that exceed the 24 hour time slot (ie: 40 hours) Labor hours should have the ability to be changed to total hours and not just hours in a day. Some information must be expanded/opened for more detail. If it's possible to condense more notes in a snapshot.

Biko Marrast

Over all it is a powerful tool. Makes my job WAY easier.

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Pros
Love the blank paper work. Love the way you can trace jobs through time. Love tthat you can take notes on just about every facet of a job

Cons
A bit laggy at time. There is a bit of learning curb because the program is so dynamic. The uniformity of the software kind of makes the different feature blend in so It can be hard to locate exactly what your looking for but with time i got past this issue.

Tori Wiley

Service Trade review after a few weeks of use

Reviewed 2017-02-13

Overall, this program has been a big help to us and billing goes a lot quicker than using paper tickets. I am on the billing side of the program, and apart from needing some adjustments, I think the program works very well. What we would like to see in the future would for example be: - Ability to copy and paste the job number from ServiceTrade and into our billing program. As is it has to be re-typed. - Notes regarding what HAS BEEN DONE on site, does not transfer well to our invoice. It will transfer notes about who called in the service and what needs to be done, but not what was actually done as far as repairs. Customer calls us to find out what was actually done on site. - PO numbers are not transferred at all - Would love to see an area we can enter a special pop up for each customer. As example, The COD tag is great to use. But there could be other tags, as "email invoice", "require PO's", "call for credit card payment" etc. Even if it can be custom made, it would be very helpful. Just ideas for a couple of things that might make the program even better. Thank you for making our jobs easier!

Pros
Makes our jobs easier and quicker

Julie Watterson

Great program to keep up with jobs, create quotes, and track sales and expenses

Reviewed 2018-05-22

Organization, ease of scheduling, tracking jobs and job costing aspects

Pros
Pretty user-friendly, with help readily available. Service Trade seems to be very receptive to suggestions from its customers, who are the ones using the software.

Cons
There are several things that seem to be missing in the flow of creating new jobs and quotes from existing jobs.

Jeffrey Wallace

Just came back from their awesome conference

Reviewed 2016-11-08
Review Source: Software Advice

We have just recently switched to ServiceTrade (within the past year) and its been a big change for our company. The process hasn't been the smoothest but our company primarily was working on paper work orders and so it was time consuming to get all the data transferred. We can tell though that once all the data has been set up correctly, then this software will be a game changer. They also put on an annual conference which was very beneficial for us to visit as we could meet with companies around the country that utilize this software.

Pros
Easy to use and set up so our customers can easily get the information that they want.

Cons
Time consuming to get set up correctly

Anonymous

Overall very pleased with this product.

Reviewed 2018-05-22

Organization, Scheduling.

Pros
Convenience of scheduling and tracking the schedule from any internet connection and Tracking who makes the changes.

Cons
The Scheduler is not the only person that can schedule Jobs. Apparently other Assigned Roles have the capability even though it is not listed in their Roles.

Kevin James

A Great Program

Reviewed 2016-10-21

I have been using ServiceTrade now for almost a year. It took me no time at all to get used to the User Interface. It's a very stream lined, user friendly system. The best part for me is the customer service.

Pros
Easy UI. The updates and changes that are usually made make sense, and are always an improvement.

Cons
I have no complaints

Caleb Robinson

Tales of Cantankerous Buddies

Reviewed 2016-10-21

It's a journey. There is no destination. You can't point fingers in a house full of fists. As a newly converted user of ST I'm in no position to criticize. Although as of yet, I'm learning at light speed. Ease of use, yeah. Perfect, well no. Lots of features don't seem necessary and other features are missing. Anyway nice work! Thanks

Pros
Lots features

Cons
Not completely flexible

William Hale

Easy to use, productive

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Creates a nice workflow

Pros
Ease, productivity, simplicity and functionality, everything is tied or linked together. Nice to send a quote

Cons
Email filters are very limited Mainly love the software but sometimes the lack of filters makes managing calls and service overwhelming

Debbie Barcellona

Easy to navigate with minimal training

Reviewed 2018-05-23

Pros
My favourite feature is when you are creating a new customer it pulls in the complete name and address from google

Cons
Slow response time when saving data or moving forwards/backwards from one screen to another. Could be more of an issue with my computer.

Chuck Jones

Fire Protection Service Guru @ Hiller New Orleans

Reviewed 2016-08-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Top to bottom, the combination of Data Base, storage for customer's documentation, scheduling perfection, customized billing...

Cons
A little too hands on when dealing with changing service description for reoccurring jobs

EVAN CUSACK

ST (Service Trade) - Making Service Companies Great Again

Reviewed 2016-08-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The service trade is tough, because there is so much variability. It would be hard to capture everything in a software program but ST has done an awesome job making most situations possible. The ability and the constant developing/changing of the product due to customer concerns or requests is awesome, and it makes the product far from stagnate. Vendor?-great and easy to work with.

Cons
If you want to manipulate or change something, it takes time. All of a sudden everyone is an expert of software development and wants to change this to how they would do it. The sales aspect side of things is not the strongest component, and I don't think ST strategies are to make it the focal point, but coming from a sales position, its adequate, but not superb.

John Hoshor

I love this company

Reviewed 2017-02-01

I appreciate the ability to pull up any customer in our base of clients to track work history, jobs previously quoted, work that has been approved but not yet complete. The ability to track hours and completion and billing. Sometimes with getting so busy, things can fall through the cracks, this helps refresh my memory when I can pull up any job to get back on track. I love the access and time saving I get with each customer and also being able to answer customer questions at my fingertips.

Pros
The accessibility to all of our customers

Cons
the occassional freeze up. Keeping up with the updates.

Tammy Proos

my first review of ST

Reviewed 2016-10-21

Even though I have very minimum experience with Service Trade so far I think it is great! It is easy to navigate through the different areas. I am still learning and honestly feel that when I have more experience with it and its many awesome functions it will be the best program for the Industry that I am in. so far so good. I love it.

Pros
easy to navigate through. search features are great. love having tech support so close at hand all the time

Cons
it can take a long time to "think" and have issues with freezing from time to time in all areas of the application. have to restart too often.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Lauren Capps

Review 2-13-2017

Reviewed 2017-02-13

Pros
Like the assests page, the ease of the app for the technicians, scheduling.

Cons
It would be nice if you could update prices in the contracts with out having to delete the whole item. You should be able to edit the prices. That would be more helpful. Also I wish when you did update information, the app didn't have to refresh so much. It takes up time and slows down processes. Would be cool if there could be a way the technicians could process a payment at the time of service through the app.

Jill Elie

Finally an application that makes my life easier!

Reviewed 2017-01-26
Review Source: Software Advice

ServiceTrade allows me to stay organized, ensure my work gets completed on time, and effectively communicate with my customers, utilizing the most up-to-date technology out there. It talks about the other programs we utilize as a company seamlessly! My technicians love the "live" communication and ability to send them everything they need instantly. Our quality assurance measures have improved since we are more easily able to review our work. Our quotes get approved faster since we are able to send audio notes, photos, and a one-click approval page in one simple email. I honestly do not know how we ever did business before adopting Service Trade!